uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Bad internet here; Vla until Wednesday when I get back but ill pop in from my phone when I can
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Pop in with a vote next time.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Tajun »

Sorry, been busy (read: drunk) this weekend.

Okay... Suspicions on Majiffy and Rob for jumping off that wagon so quickly upon being told to by Thor, whom they BOTH have claimed to have had suspicions of... Majiffy, could you explain how your read on HD evolved?

Rob13 wrote:I'm off V/LA now. I kept up somewhat with this game while on V/LA, but frankly discussion seems to have stalled. Thor and Majiffy are essentially using the same arguments against each other. They're both being lazy hypocrites. Thor's being more upfront about it than Majiffy. Both of them are starting to look like complete null to me.

Sky's looking more townish in my book. His direct interaction with 4nx doesn't look to be coming from scum, in my opinion.

Lastly, HD's recent posting is not scum-HD, at least not that I remember. HD gives up much quicker than he did as scum. He doesn't keep scumhunting and broadcasting reads.

That leaves me with literally one scum read in ProHawk, which is fucking pathetic in a game where 5/12 players are scum. I fail.

Unvote
Vote ProHawk

Rob, could you explain this? I really don't follow what you said there about HD. Did he give up quicker as scum (and could you post a link)?

Thor, could you explain your HD read? I don't see anything particularly town in his recent posting, picking a fight to avoid going to the gallows is pretty standard in my experience. And now he is going for a lurker lynch, essentially (aldus is a pretty easy target if he is trying to deflect). I still think he is flipping scum, unless someone can give me a damn good reason why not.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 652, Tajun wrote:Okay... Suspicions on Majiffy and Rob for jumping off that wagon so quickly upon being told to by Thor, whom they BOTH have claimed to have had suspicions of... Majiffy, could you explain how your read on HD evolved?

Lol implying it had anything to do with Thor.

Why don't you read the thread? You'll probably find your answers therein.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by Tajun »

HD's comprehension of the argument we had leans him town. I reckon scum would be more apt to ignore the argument entirely.

Comprehending that argument wasn't hard. You wanted Thor to post an explanation for a comment, he didn't want to. You called his refusal scummy, he said prove it. It went on for a day and a half and spammed the thread for about three pages. Is this the only reason you have for backing off after sending him to L-1 and forcing a claim?
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Yes. Problem?
I have a similar read on Whiskers for similar reasons. Do you also have a problem with that?

||
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by Tajun »

TBH, Whiskers has floated back to null for me as well, I liked some of his recent posts (575, 578) a fair deal. But if HD was out to deflect his upcoming lynch, I think he would have put the time and effort in to reading that thoroughly as town or scum, to find another target. I don't really see how that changes things on his end.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:25 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Seems to me there are easier targets than myself or Thor to choose from, so as scum it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, really.

||
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by Tajun »

That's a fair point, but it is somewhat nullified IMO by the fact that he was asked specifically about why he was targeting Thor, which he had chosen to do on fairly sheepy reasons originally. He made it sound good, yeah, but frankly I don't see a lot of new insight in his analysis of it.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I was very thorough to begin with. Not much you could've voted Thor for that I hadn't already covered.

Are you suffering from confirmation bias?

||
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Majiffy
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p4658225

There's where you first brought it up. Feel free to point to me using it as a defense prior to that. I suppose you could go with the question itself being a leading one about meta, but that would be about it.
You did claim you had never seen me do it as town.
I submit it's implied in your case on me that I would do that as scum and not town - otherwise there is no case. But you can deny that if you wish and go back to it being an inherent and meta free tell.\
In which case why are you committing it?

You still haven't done those links.
Just saying.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by Tajun »

How so? I don't think he is scummy for explaining his Thor read, and his read on the fight. I just don't see where you get town on him from it.

PEdit: This was at Majiffy.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 660, Thor665 wrote:@Majiffy
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p4658225

There's where you first brought it up. Feel free to point to me using it as a defense prior to that. I suppose you could go with the question itself being a leading one about meta, but that would be about it.

That, and this;
In post 359, Thor665 wrote:and even if that's what you want to do, you need to justify why and/or explain why i would flub with that language more as scum

In post 660, Thor665 wrote:
You did claim you had never seen me do it as town.
I submit it's implied in your case on me that I would do that as scum and not town - otherwise there is no case. But you can deny that if you wish and go back to it being an inherent and meta free tell.\
In which case why are you committing it?

You still haven't done those links.
Just saying.

If you'd do it as scum or town, there's still a case as it's inherently scummy regardless if you also happen to do it as town; that just means you play a scummy town. You aren't dancing your way out of this, Thor.

And I told you it isn't worth my time or effort to do those links currently as there is no support for your wagon today.

In post 661, Tajun wrote:How so? I don't think he is scummy for explaining his Thor read, and his read on the fight. I just don't see where you get town on him from it.

It just seems like you're bending over backwards to go "yeahhh
buttttt
it's really
null
cuzzzz"

||
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by Tajun »

:? I don't really see it. I guess if Rob comes back with a history of HD giving up as scum and not as town, I'll reconsider (or I'll do the research myself tomorrow maybe). But absent of that, I don't think I see this. If I had put myself in a bad spot by sheeping a vote, then been asked to explain it, you'd better believe I would do it if the case was already made for me, whether I was town or scum. I don't think this is a reliable town tell.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by Majiffy »

The point is the sheep itself made no sense as scum in that situation.

||
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by Tajun »

Then why did you put him to L-1 a full 2 days after he voted Thor (claiming to be sheeping you)?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Because I hadn't a town read on him at the time, and the flip would have made for useful information.

||
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by Tajun »

That's... actually, that's a surprisingly good answer, considering. Meh, I'll check the meta tomorrow.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Ho ho, go figure Majiffy knows how to play the game to at least an adequate level.

||
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Quick phonepost

Tajun, please show me specific aspects of my posts that have been scummy, please and thank you
Are you ready for this?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:30 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 652, Tajun wrote:Did he give up quicker as scum (and could you post a link)?

I probably should not say anything else regarding this because it relates to an ongoing game.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:08 am

Post by ProHawk »

HD has picked up his game, and has decided to contribute... I am starting to get town-vibes from him now.

In post 406, Alduskkel wrote:I'm here, sorry. I'll do my best to catch up quickly.

In post 469, Alduskkel wrote:What exactly is Thor's town meta v. scum meta?

(not caught up yet, sorry)

In post 611, Alduskkel wrote:I was making lunch.

What did you want me to respond to?

In post 613, Alduskkel wrote:Oh, you want a wall? Well, I might make one today. I was going to use this weekend to catch up on stuff.

Aldus' last four posts, starting a week ago. He doesn't want to replace out, nor wants to play the game. Promises unfulfilled.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Alduskkel
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:39 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

I have thor and ucitron as potential sky buddies. When I was attacking sky, thor attempted to poke holes in my arguments, felt like he was running interference. Then him throwing questions at sky but never stating any actual suspicions gives off an impression of soft bussing.

In post 408, Sky wrote:
Ucitron kinda reminds me of myself. I have a feeling he's leaning town. Needs to post more though.
looks like scumcoaching. And the way ucitron calls sky scum right away but doesn't vote him til much later, only to have a change of heart that doesn't make sense to me, stood out.

Whiskers implying I need to have quotes to present a scumread is ehhh. If whiskers is reading mine and sky's posts, trying to figure out if were scum, whiskers should have some semblance of an idea of what I am talking about. Yet whisker is acting like my posts have zero substance and all I am saying is "Sky is scum" without explaining why. Then Whiskers goes "HD's reaction seems town but Imma keep my vote on him because it could be wifom"?

If a sky lynch isn't happening, I believe I am okay with a whiskers lynch.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:55 am

Post by Majiffy »

I agree with 672 as far as Thor/Sky/Uct goes, Anxiety. Also explains why uct turned on Sky for 408, since that was a similar line that just recently got uct lynched as scum in a different game.

VOTE: Sky

||
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by Sky »

Voting me based on other people's actions? Oooh, yet another worthless case against me.

Well I've got nothing to say. If there was a case on me maybe I'd bother to defend myself.

Return to “Completed Open Games”