Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:40 am

Post by Sanjay »

Peregrine, you didn't respond to my posts either.

I mean, I see where you quoted them and then typed a bunch of words but all I read was BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:44 am

Post by Sanjay »

If you are town, thanks a bunch for self-hammering. That's real fuckin' golden.

If you are scum, thanks a bunch for self-hammering. Legitimately.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:49 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 725, Sanjay wrote:Peregrine, you didn't respond to my posts either.

I mean, I see where you quoted them and then typed a bunch of words but all I read was BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

So you are basically lying.

This is the post where I didn't respond to you.
In post 679, PeregrineV wrote:I'm assuming in here somewhere you answered . So, let's to it.

In post 565, Sanjay wrote:
But whatever,
let's talk about PeregrineV
:

The thing about Peregrine's Vifam case is not that it is bad. It's that it is fake. It's incidentally bad but that's beside the point. Why it is fake:

1. There is an inauthenticity to it in so far as the strength of the conclusion doesn't follow from the strength of the argument.

The strength of the conclusion: Vifam is scum
The strength of the argument: In looking for Vifam's scumhunting posts as opposed to nameclaim posts, I found where he did not wish to .
More details on what you are trying to say here.

In post 565, Sanjay wrote:2. PeregrineV somehow both can't conceive of why someone would fluff post so much as town, and yet fluff posts himself.

So, you admit that Vifam had fluff posts.
You claim I have posted fluff.
Which posts of mine are fluff?
Which posts of Vifam's are fluff?

While you're doing that, I'll refute that right now. Town fluff posts all the time. Scum fluff post too. This is a social game, and some people enjoy the social aspects of it more than others. Being social is not generally a scumtell.
What is, you ask?
When you answer the questions above, we'll go into that.

In post 565, Sanjay wrote:3. The effort to copy and paste all those quotes together doesn't really match the strength of the case it illustrates. That was probably a pain in the neck. Why wouldn't you just say "ISO'd Vifam. Almost all of his posts are about name claiming."? You're more likely to do it as scum for two reasons: One, having a big wall post full of quotes makes it look like you are putting in more effort. Two, mafia have less reason to believe the strength of their arguments stand on their own, so they need to put in more effort. They know they aren't acting on real scumtells. I'm not saying townies don't put in effort. I' m saying they are less likely to put in effort into stupid garbage while scumhunting.

There is a button on each quote with the Q+ feature for multi-quoting. No problem at all.

And tell me you just didn;t say " big wall post full of quotes makes it look like you are putting in more effort".
Are wall posts, in general, scummy? Or only wall posts that use quotes? How many quotes make a wall? Is breaking up a wall posts into multiple postings more town?
You know, it really sounds like your trying to say I'm scum because of the way I posted.
Otherwise, unless you are chainsaw defending Vifam for some reason, I haven't seen from you why my case is "fake", and you haven't once said it was wrong either.

In post 565, Sanjay wrote:By the way, I was shit-talking the case before I got this wagon going. Peregrine didn't feel like engaging with me then. Where was Peregrine when I said that it goes without saying that the case is unconvincing? He only started to care that I didn't understand his case once I started voting for him.
My case is fake and unconvincing?

In post 565, Sanjay wrote:It's not all about the case, either. PeregrineV has been weirdly ambivalent with his attempts to break the game. Dude said he wasn't excited about it, but yet is trying to break the game constantly. The heck. Between that and the fluff posting, it really reads to me like Peregrine is just doing stuff because he's seen others do it for townpoints.

"Fluff posting" addressed above.
And i'm not trying to break the game.
Read , , . The mod doesn't want the game broken, but if I'm not trying to win why bother playing?

Kiwi
, you are right that the mafia doesn't always fall all over themselves. But PeregrineV has, and I think the best explanation is that he is mafia. Maybe you aren't taking Vifam seriously because you are raging at him right now, so maybe the question will come better from me: how does Peregrine's play make sense as town?
Yes, because I am scumhunting.

In post 565, Sanjay wrote:Could Vifam be mafia? Easily.

So you agree with me that Vifam is scum, but think I'm scum?

MrZepher
, the day ends when we figure out someone to lynch. If we are lynching PeregrineV, we aren't delaying the day so we can chitchat with Klick without any pressure on him. Trust me, there will be enough people to scumhunt tomorrow no matter what happens. And without pressure, mafia can act townish pretty easily, and all we are doing is filling our thread with a bunch of bad data that dilutes the good stuff.
This sounds like why scumhunt today when we can scumhunt tomorrow. I'd like the thoughts about why you think this is good play.

You missed , but I'm still a few pages behind.

pedit: Yeah, I'll get there when I get there...

And you admit to not reading.

Good news: I'll be confirmed town in a few.

Bad news 9for you): A smart townie will vig you.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 723, Sanjay wrote:adorkable's PSA goes double for alignment switches.

And, while we are talking about wishes, I think I'm going to spend some of the townpoints I've apparently accrued today to do something super anti-town.

Anti-fairies, get ready for some free advice:

Don't backfire my wish.

Please don't backfire my wish.

Whoever you are, whatever else you are planning to do, backfiring my wish won't really help you that much.

I know what my wish is. I've known what I wanted my wish to be before I even had a wish. Backfiring it will barely help you.

You might be thinking: I am WIFOMing you and trying to get you not to mess with something important I am going to do. I'm not.

You might be thinking: I am WIFOMing you by telling you I'm not WIFOMing you. I'm not.

Don't backfire my wish.

Your lack of worry about being the target of the NK is noted.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:51 am

Post by MrZepher »

I feel like being nightkilled is less depriving than having your wish backfired.
or something like that....
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:51 am

Post by MrZepher »

ITT PV makes arguments about how people are ignoring points he makes while still ignoring points made against him.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:52 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 726, Sanjay wrote:If you are town, thanks a bunch for self-hammering. That's real fuckin' golden.

If you are scum, thanks a bunch for self-hammering. Legitimately.

Nice try. WIFOM since I'm already dead and will flip town.
Not Vifam, your scumbuddy.

But hey, I also attacked adorkable. Why don't you add some glitter to your "town pants" and attack my case on him too.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:52 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 730, MrZepher wrote:ITT PV makes arguments about how people are ignoring points he makes while still ignoring points made against him.

RTFT-
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:54 am

Post by MrZepher »

As I recall didn't Balrog and Adorkable have points of contention with you?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Sanjay »

In post 730, MrZepher wrote:ITT PV makes arguments about how people are ignoring points he makes while still ignoring points made against him.

Basically this.

PV, if you are town and you think it is SOOOOOOO important that someone answer your questions, why did you put your life on a timer?

There's no good reason.

You know what? I hope you are town.

Because if you are town you just suck at this game.

If you are mafia you are an asshole.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Vifam »

In post 716, PeregrineV wrote:You know, I came back to see if you have a response to ANY of my posts.

But you don't Sanjay, do you?

Because you, too, are scum with Vifam.

You defend him, attack me, but don't answer anything posted to you, you just keep bleating and squalling.

Because your scum.

I am Timmy Turner.

I cannot live with the lack of intelligence on this planet.

Sanjay is scum
adorkable is scum
Vifam is scum.

Vote: PeregrineV

If you're town you are the worst
ok
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 733, MrZepher wrote:As I recall didn't Balrog and Adorkable have points of contention with you?

OK. If you believe that, what was adorkable's case, and what posts did he prove his case?

As of 728, Balrog was fighting Kiwi.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 735, Vifam wrote:
In post 716, PeregrineV wrote:You know, I came back to see if you have a response to ANY of my posts.

But you don't Sanjay, do you?

Because you, too, are scum with Vifam.

You defend him, attack me, but don't answer anything posted to you, you just keep bleating and squalling.

Because your scum.

I am Timmy Turner.

I cannot live with the lack of intelligence on this planet.

Sanjay is scum
adorkable is scum
Vifam is scum.

Vote: PeregrineV

If you're town you are the worst

Work=$$$
Mafia=fun
$$$$>fun
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:02 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 734, Sanjay wrote:

Basically this.

PV, if you are town and you think it is SOOOOOOO important that someone answer your questions, why did you put your life on a timer?

WTF are you talking about?

There's no good reason.

In post 734, Sanjay wrote:You know what? I hope you are town, because I've been pushing for your lynch all day, and I don't want to have wasted all this time lynching you and protecting my buddies.

Because if you are town you just suck at this game.

If you are mafia you are an asshole.

It's been said before. But why the insults instead of ever answering my posts?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Vifam »

Oh well you're probably scum so who cares
ok
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 739, Vifam wrote:Oh well you're probably scum so who cares

Now you sound retarded, since I already said I was town, and will flip soon. I troll, but not that much.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 am

Post by Benmage »

I dont think I've ever seen town hammer... so thats cool.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 am

Post by Sanjay »

PeregrineV, here's a funny thing to think about.

Let's play the "OH, WON'T YOU HAVE EGG ON YOUR FACE WHEN I FLIP" game. Eventually, we will all flip.

If you are town and I am town: you look incompetent because you self-hammered and everything I did is understandable because sometimes people are wrong.
If you are mafia and I am town: you look incompetent because you self-hammered and I look like a fuckin' bad-ass.
If you are town and I am mafia: you look incompetent because you self-hammered and I look like a fuckin' bad-ass.
If you are mafia and I am mafia: This option is too awesome to conceive. Unfortunately, we both know this isn't the case.

Basically, if you wanted to play to your win condition and you thought I was dodging your questions, why stab yourself in the neck before you pressed me?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Sanjay »

In post 741, Benmage wrote:I dont think I've ever seen town hammer... so thats cool.

I think I've only ever seen town hammer, so I'm kinda freaking out.

But whatever.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Vifam »

No matter what he flips he played bad and he's even more of an idiot if he is town and you consider the fact I am town.

WHATEVER
ok
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 742, Sanjay wrote:PeregrineV, here's a funny thing to think about.

Let's play the "OH, WON'T YOU HAVE EGG ON YOUR FACE WHEN I FLIP" game. Eventually, we will all flip.

If you are town and I am town: you look incompetent because you self-hammered and everything I did is understandable because sometimes people are wrong.
If you are mafia and I am town: you look incompetent because you self-hammered and I look like a fuckin' bad-ass.
If you are town and I am mafia: you look incompetent because you self-hammered and I look like a fuckin' bad-ass.
If you are mafia and I am mafia: This option is too awesome to conceive. Unfortunately, we both know this isn't the case.

Basically, if you wanted to play to your win condition and you thought I was dodging your questions, why stab yourself in the neck before you pressed me?

You've ignored anything I said until I'm already dead. I was at L-1 with a bunch of whiners itching to hammer. Based on some of the posting I've seen, it would be foolish of me to expect some of these players to bother reading, and the rest are scum.

As for my incompetence, meh. I've been wrong before, and will be wrong again. At least I'm bothering to play.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 744, Vifam wrote:No matter what he flips he played bad and he's even more of an idiot if he is town and you consider the fact I am town.

WHATEVER

Well then I guess it's a good thing you didn't have to defend your actions or make real cases or anything. But maybe this is the new normal, and I'm just not flighty enough to play anymore. :nerd:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Vifam »

But you're wrong and you are going to look like an idiot later because of your dumb read.

I REALLY hope you are scum for the sake of the game and your rep
ok
Balrog
Balrog
Goon
Balrog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:23 am

Post by Balrog »

In post 733, MrZepher wrote:As I recall didn't Balrog and Adorkable have points of contention with you?

Well that would certainly be why I'm on his wagon, no?

@HD: I hate, hate, HATE repeating myself. So, no u.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Benmage »

I havent read the last 1-2 pages of PV's statements, But I don't think he played bad.

Also these Sanjay:
What made you initially suspicious of PV?
What was your motivation for holding back your reasons for suspecting PV, especially when your wagon was going NOWHERE?
What did you see that made you doubt your scumread on PV?
How do you feel about PV's defenses this game?
What's the case on HD, exactly? That he went from a null read to a scum read? Do you know how silly that sounds?
Anyway, the HD lynch isn't happening today. Who you like? Klick or PV?
Are you actually stuck in a snowdrift?
-----------------------
1. He acted strangely toward me early game. Buddy-like.... Usually PV and I are at odds or I find he ignores me mostly...Then he questioned me not giving him a straight answer when he asked about using daywishes... which is impossible, so why he expected a straight answer is odd...
2. I find if I make strong cases early before much has happened a lot of people will simply sheep/or echo what I've said. SO for future reads I like others to have formed opinions.
3. Genuine legwork/opinions/analysis...read his iso, 2nd half was a lot better than the opening. I tried taking the blinders off and he didn't seem as scummy as I first thought.
4. I don't know.
5. I thought his opener was more townie than when I looked again. His activity and contribution was coaster-style. His vote on PV was simply terrible.--Doesn't sound silly at all, reads change all the time. Arguing against that sounds crazzzzzzzy.
6. Not applicable anymore.
7. My trip was canceled :(
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”