Open 474 - Friends and Enemies - Game Over!

Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:51 am

Post by Jennifer »

Also,

@Jacob

Please Explain how just 14 hours ago you had a town read on Josh, stating:

In post 315, JacobSavage wrote:To clarify my town read on Josh is based on the fact that the wagon grew so quickly. Yes they're common but they often lead by scum/driven by scum. The fact he ignores it is irrelevant.

to only 12 hours later being willing to hammer:

In post 339, JacobSavage wrote:Okay I'm willing to hammer Josh. Is that okay?

With only two short posts in between that in no way shows your evolved thinking on Josh. Why would you ever agree to lynch a town read, especially as we are nowhere near deadline?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:53 am

Post by goodmorning »

I'd been waiting to vote him for a while, as my top scumread, but didn't want a lynch before it was necessary. I didn't even notice he was inactive at that point.
That said, you're here now, and I think you'll be good for discussion. I'll back off for the time being to re-evaluate. My vote does little good on a replacement.

Unvote

The weird feelings on hydra are because they're a hydra and I'm still not sure what to do with them.
The weird feelings on AA9 are there, but she's not posted since I mentioned my reasoning. No new info to evaluate against, no new mentions.
I also (in my reads post) mentioned my weird feelings on Nic - in fact, I believe I ranked him scummier than both the hydra and AA9, yet you ignore him. Why?

Vote: AA9
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Jennifer »

@All
Why has no one called them out on this behavior?
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 am

Post by Jennifer »

In post 351, goodmorning wrote:I also (in my reads post) mentioned my weird feelings on Nic - in fact, I believe I ranked him scummier than both the hydra and AA9, yet you ignore him. Why?

You said you wanted to watch him more and that he's done little to date other than sheep, but the only comment you made on his substantive posting was that you liked it.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:07 am

Post by goodmorning »

1. That's a list ranked from Towniest to Scummiest. He's ranked third scummiest there.

2. I said I liked one of his posts. ONE. The rest of them I don't find Townish. Please stop misrepresenting me.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Jennifer »

In post 354, goodmorning wrote:2. I said I liked one of his posts. ONE. The rest of them I don't find Townish. Please stop misrepresenting me.

How can I misrepresent what you never said? Your only comment on his substantive posting (which, yes, was Post 201) was that you liked it.
You never said that you don't find the rest of his posts townish.

In post 271, goodmorning wrote:Nic - Has posted very little, and most of that is sheeping. 201, though, I really like, so he's definitely one I'm going to be watching for further developments.

Do you think sheeping can never be town?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon
Location: Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol, Earth

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:14 am

Post by KX »

To start out with,
Unvote
. Obviously Josh is gone, and I'm inclined to believe he simply wasn't the best player (once again though, meta would be appreciated). Anyway, for why people weren't called out, on the Jacob issue I haven't had a chance to, sleeping and all, and for goodmorning, I share their feelings on the hydra and AA9, but, as with them, see nothing new to add. For them voting, I can see your point, but I really don't think it's that big a deal. If somebody were to hammer without the consent of everybody, then they would most likely be lynched the next day, making it so nobody was likely to and possible motive was null. The discrepancy on stance is interesting to say the least, but with a lack of people to pressure at that time I don't see it meaning much. Certainly not something to discard in either case, but I don't think it's highly relevant either. Will post more later on the Jacob issue and whatever else comes up.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 am

Post by JacobSavage »

I have an issue yay :)

But the reason why I was willing to hammer is 1. A lot of people had expressed opinions on him and so.would be a good information lynch. 2. I prefere to not make the mod have to try and find a L-1 slot as often they are very hard to find.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:31 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 345, JacobSavage wrote:Cool Story. What makes you think that?

conforming to an anti town idea in order to fit in, the way he maddogged the josh wagon for silly reasons

Goodmorning for starting a stream of anti-town posts.

Mehdi is gut mostly along with his play between him and HD. I'd be willing to discuss the possibility of Serra being the 3rd scum instead of the hydra simply because he calls out the hydra for doing something antitown and then contradicts himself by doing something incredibly similar.

Not a big fan of the hammer offer coming from jacob with 2 replacements incoming and more then week before deadline. but he's likely town

Jenniferr is town(mostly because Joshw as town and her posting reaffirms)

@KX, unvoting because of a replacement is kind of silly. You're obvious new town but why the unvote? Do you find the Josh slot(now inherited by jenniferr) to be a town slot or a scum slot?

goodmorning reaffirming my heavy scum read on her with the whole unvoting the replacement thing and then voting another lurker. I'm very willing to switch my vote to her if the better and much more tasty Human Destroyer wagon doesn't happen.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 355, Jennifer wrote:
In post 354, goodmorning wrote:2. I said I liked one of his posts. ONE. The rest of them I don't find Townish. Please stop misrepresenting me.

How can I misrepresent what you never said? Your only comment on his substantive posting (which, yes, was Post 201) was that you liked it.
You never said that you don't find the rest of his posts townish.

It's the implication when you rank someone third scummiest that you "don't find... [their] posts townish".

In post 271, goodmorning wrote:Nic - Has posted very little, and most of that is sheeping. 201, though, I really like, so he's definitely one I'm going to be watching for further developments.

Do you think sheeping can never be town?

I think it's not usually Town.

In post 358, PJ. wrote:goodmorning reaffirming my heavy scum read on her with the whole unvoting the replacement thing and then voting another lurker.

Sorry the people I think are scummy keep running away. MY BAD, YO.
Also, you call KX's unvote "silly" but mine "scummy". Why the difference?

Pics or it didn't happen
OK, where? You're making a pretty brazen assertion here sans evidence.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:45 am

Post by PJ. »

The difference is he's town for other things and you're scum for other things. Scum making scum post means more scum. Town making a scum most equal silly.

Every single post with a scum list in it. also you've made 2 large read post which are so incredibly scummy and anti-town you should be hung up

You're also working much harder to defend yourself then to catch scum, incredibly so. Actually, I like the view better much over there
Unvote Vote:goodmorning
Docteur Gudsight
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Docteur Gudsight »

Bah. I guess the general policy is to not lynch a replacement (especially d1), even if the slot was previously scummy. So,
Unvote
. Moreover, #349 and #350 is good posting. I endorse this product.

I won't vote HD. 1) This hydra is still debating internally his case. 2) I believe that given his poststyle and contributions, he makes a bad d1 lynch, and would be better lynched/trusted later pending on connections and flips.

I disagree with almost all of #358.

~ Els
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:56 am

Post by PJ. »

Man, my scum reads are so damn good
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Phoneposting is dumb

UNVOTE:
VOTE: JacobSavage

Scummiest post in the goddamn game. Where did your strong town read on him go?

In post 344, PJ. wrote:Hi

The scum team is Human Destroyer, goodmorning, and the Mehdi Hydra.

You're welcome

Vote: Human Destroyer

Where the fuck did this come from?

In post 358, PJ. wrote:

conforming to an anti town idea in order to fit in, the way he maddogged the josh wagon for silly reasons

Mehdi is gut mostly along with his play between him and HD. I'd be willing to discuss the possibility of Serra being the 3rd scum instead of the hydra simply because he calls out the hydra for doing something antitown and then contradicts himself by doing something incredibly similar.

Not a big fan of the hammer offer coming from jacob with 2 replacements incoming and more then week before deadline. but he's likely town

@KX, unvoting because of a replacement is kind of silly. You're obvious new town but why the unvote? Do you find the Josh slot(now inherited by jenniferr) to be a town slot or a scum slot?

goodmorning reaffirming my heavy scum read on her with the whole unvoting the replacement thing and then voting another lurker. I'm very willing to switch my vote to her if the better and much more tasty Human Destroyer wagon doesn't happen.

How am I "conforming" to these supposed "anti town ideas" to "fit in" if a) I was the one driving the Josh wagon and b) I have a semi-unorthodox scum read on Jacob?

In post 362, PJ. wrote:Man, my scum reads are so damn good

Maybe in some other dimension, they are.
Are you ready for this?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:21 am

Post by KX »

To start out with, Unvote. Obviously Josh is gone, and I'm inclined to believe he simply wasn't the best player (once again though, meta would be appreciated).

>Obviously Josh is gone, and I'm inclined to believe he simply wasn't the best player<

???
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:50 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 363, Human Destroyer wrote:Phoneposting is dumb

UNVOTE:
VOTE: JacobSavage

Scummiest post in the goddamn game. Where did your strong town read on him go?

In post 344, PJ. wrote:Hi

The scum team is Human Destroyer, goodmorning, and the Mehdi Hydra.

You're welcome

Vote: Human Destroyer

Where the fuck did this come from?

In post 358, PJ. wrote:

How am I "conforming" to these supposed "anti town ideas" to "fit in" if a) I was the one driving the Josh wagon and b) I have a semi-unorthodox scum read on Jacob?

In post 362, PJ. wrote:Man, my scum reads are so damn good

Maybe in some other dimension, they are.

using the whole scumlist thing, build town cred to help a bad case.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:52 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

I always do scum lists. Just search around, you'll find them.

Except the case wasn't bad (it isn't applicable anymore because Jennifer strikes me as town on first impression but whatever)
Are you ready for this?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:34 am

Post by KX »

Btw, just an idea I wanted to throw in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like what Panzer is trying to do is pressure some who are generally considered town and, more importantly, have managed to slip past any major criticism. While I fully agree with and endorse this idea, at the current time, I think that trying it is rather impractical. Given the current situation, even if you're making a false case, there simply isn't enough to go off of for anything substantial to emerge. The idea behind making a false case should be that a person who's mainly considered town has been, in their own way, flying under the radar, and avoiding criticism. Your goal would be to create a probably highly biased case against them were you jump to many irrational conclusions, and test how they react to pressure and defend themselves. Ideally, this let's you confirm your belief in them being village while eliminating most doubts.

Of course, via this post I would somewhat ruin the point of it, but at this point you may be damaging people's opinions of you. Simply put, there just isn't enough to go off of, even if you try and present things in a tainted light. Ordinarily I would just let things run their course and see if you have anything you haven't said yet, but give the scarcity of the case, I think no good will come of it, and only harm will be done to you. Now, if you truly do think the players you've mentioned are scum, I have to question if you're village. While it's good to pressure those who are more "clean," a useful tactic if you want disruption is to play on people's paranoia and call out said "clean" people as scum, which spreads doubt and can make people fall out of the reach of logic in their assumptions.

So pretty much, if you're bluffing about it all, say so now and hold off until later before you hurt yourself, and if you're serious, then please say why, as I doubt I'm alone in wondering why and being unconvinced.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:40 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 366, Human Destroyer wrote:I always do scum lists. Just search around, you'll find them.

Except the case wasn't bad (it isn't applicable anymore because Jennifer strikes me as town on first impression but whatever)

It was definently bad, and listing scum suspects is scummy and anti-town
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 367, KX wrote:Given the current situation, even if you're making a false case, there simply isn't enough to go off of for anything substantial to emerge. The idea behind making a false case should be that a person who's mainly considered town has been, in their own way, flying under the radar, and avoiding criticism. Your goal would be to create a prob

Cases are scummy. Creating a false case is probably more scummy. HD and Goodmorning are scum
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:42 am

Post by PJ. »

EditL Sorry for tripl post, I was responding to all of KX's post and i'm sleepy
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Jennifer »

@Goodmorning

In post 359, goodmorning wrote:It's the implication when you rank someone third scummiest that you "don't find... [their] posts townish".

Okay, since you are insisting that your list of reads were in hard rank order, and Nic was indeed your third scummiest read..

...why are you now voting your fourth scummiest read instead of your third scummiest? Or second? (Josh/I was your scummiest read)

Also, please show me the exact posts that were made that led to you deciding to vote AA9 over your scummier reads Nik and Ven.

And another also, what do you think about the fact that two of your scum reads (Nic and Ven) were on the same wagon you were on until just recently?

@All
More votes on Goodmorning please.
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:50 am

Post by CityElectric »

Votecount 1.8

goodmoring (L-3):
ArcAngel9, Jennifer, Panzerjager
Jennifer (L-4):
NicCage, Venrob
Venrob (L-4):
Cheery Dog, serrapaladin
Klick (L-6):
JacobSavage
ArcAngel9 (L-6):
goodmorning
JacobSavage (L-6):
Human Destroyer

Not voting (2):
Klick, Docteur Gudsight

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-02-06 11:00:00)
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:15 am

Post by KX »

Hey Panzer, would you mind responding to the questions/statements posed again once you get some sleep? I'm sorry to say I can't draw anything from what you've said, and so they result in being utterly useless and unhelpful.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 am

Post by PJ. »

I think I stated everything quite clearly, what do you need clarification on?

Return to “Completed Open Games”