Newbie 1320 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:03 am

Post by ProHawk »

What part of that argument is weaksauce Ree?
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:24 am

Post by Remembrance »

Following up with some questions of my own:

1. Why does it have to be Rob? Why not Insanity or Kuro?
2. Insanity has taken on the role of "critical paper evaluation guy" except, he hasn't evaluated Rob's arguments.
3. Not very active(gave an excuse, yes).
4. Been hitting that beetle juice tell, quite hard, for a while now.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:53 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

Pretty much all of it. It starts off by saying my intro post is scummy......my freaking intro post.... Rem's already ripped most of it apart on his own but I'll address things point by point, time permitting. What I don't finish now, I'll finish throughout the day.

Going to skip the intro thing, it really does go along with my point that he's throwing EVERYTHING at me hoping something will stick.

I'll address the active lurking thing. Yes, active lurking is something scum does. You also see it quite often from bored vanillas though.

In post 177, inte wrote:ever hear of active lurking?

hint: its worse than actually lurking

In post 264, Mr_Ree wrote:Hell, I accept it as a scumtell. The key word is active. I was not. Nor was I checking the thread every 30 mins...

In post 394, Acosmist wrote:"What do you think of this, Mr_Ree?"

"I don't know what to think."

"I think we should lynch you."

"And I think that whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent."

Since philosophical skills and mafia skills are not strongly correlated, this attitude does not go over well. There are...bad people to lynch, after all. So Mr_Ree is deemed a Bad Person and given the rope.

As he protested, he was indeed
Ludwig Wittgenstein, Vanilla Townie

Mr_Ree -
Ludwig Wittgenstein, Vanilla Townie
(lynched day 1)

As you can see, it's more often going to happen when I'm playing a vanilla role. If you care to look at Vantage point, you will see I'm quite active as scum and I appear extremely pro-town when playing a scum role.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:45 am

Post by Remembrance »

Zephyr, can you clarify your questions for Insanity? You said you had questions to ask, but you've gotten sidetracked.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:53 am

Post by MrZepher »

When I asked him about his opinions on the situation?

Anything really. I want to know what his reads are and who he thinks is the most probable scum between Rob/Ree and why.
or something like that....
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Rob14 »

So Ree, you're going to skip my points on your intro posts because they're "bad" without proving they're bad? Seems legit. You're just refusing to address them because you don't want to.

Answer me this: Why did you write the sentence I highlighted? What led you to write that?
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Remembrance »

Rob, do you have any questions for Insanity?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.04

Mr_Ree - 2 - ProHawk, Rob13
Rob13 - 1 - Mr_Ree

Not Voting: kuror0, MrZepher, insanity, Remembrance

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

V/LA: kuror0, through Friday, February 1

Deadline: (expired on 2013-02-17 16:55:31)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 881, Remembrance wrote:Rob, do you have any questions for Insanity?

Not particularly. He's given me no indication that he's scum. Early he was a bit more iffy. He was kind of over-aggressive. He's backed off of that, though, and I see him about where you are in terms of "towniness".
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Remembrance »

Yeah, I can see how we'd be about even. Thanks for that evaluation of his play. So, you're just gunna sit on Ree then until he suffocates? Okay. :neutral:
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Rob14 »

I wouldn't put it that way. I've laid out my case on him. He's chosen certain parts of it and declared them unworthy of response, and the majority he hasn't even looked at yet other than to quote it all and say "this is weaksauce" or something to that effect. Ball's in his court.

As a side note, process of elimination is suggesting that kur0r is the last scum, but he's playing similarly in this game to how he did in my last newbie game where he was town. I need to look into him more. He's a null read at worst if not for PoE. That doesn't leave me with good feelings on the state of my reads.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:57 am

Post by Remembrance »

Preview edit: Yeah Rob13, I can do basic process of elimination, I was already writing out your reads for you. It was going to be a joke post. But then you replied too fast :(
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I'm glad you've put some thought into this Rob. You've worked hard to discover Kuro as scum. By basic process of elimination you've outed the fellow. Now all you have to do is create a narrative that fits and we'll win this.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I'm so excited! I can't contain it! Good job Hawk! Good Job Rob! Best buddies forever! We sure made a great team didn't we? Heck yeah! :o

Let Ree respond before making the assertion he's ignoring your arguments, if you had read his posts you'd have realized he's not done yet.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

Prety busy at work will get to the rest after. I would still like everyone to answer my question of who is scum if I'm not.

if everyone answers, it should help the PRs when i flip.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Remembrance, you realize that I didn't say I was certain Kuror was scum or even remotely convinced, right? I specifically stated that the fact that I have so many town reads that he, playing as null as he is, is my PoE buddy makes me feel bad about my reads? Do you have reading comprehension skills?

I also never said Ree was ignoring my arguments, other than the one in which he specifically said he would not respond (the intro post). I said he hadn't responded to them yet. Is that not a completely valid statement? My post in #885 wasn't meant to suggest that Ree is avoiding me (other than the intro post thing, which he IS avoiding me on), but rather that I have nothing left to do until he responds. I can't respond to whatever he says until he says it. It's not an "assertion that Ree is ignoring me", it's a "common sense dictates that I have to wait for his response before responding to it."

I'm getting the continued feeling that you're trying to turn everything around to make me look scummy no matter what I write. You did this to Zepher as well way back in Day 1, and you also did it to ProHawk early Day 2. At the time, I attributed this to tunneling newbTown which isn't uncommon. The fact that you're continuing to "hunt" in this style even after it effectively outed the two town PRs makes me dubious of the fact that your show of emotion after each time you hit a PR was genuine. I need to look at Kuror again, but I've seen enough questionable activity out of you that you're not as town as you once were on my reads.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Do you always do that Rob13? Because at this point, every time I've ever done anything you "reevaluate your reads" on me. It's just tiresome at this point. The first time I was like "that was weird sure." But now it just seems that when anyone ever questions you, you're quick to fire back with something as worthless as "my reads changed". You've ignored Insanities existence and only pay attention to me, because I'm actively questioning others. Sorry that I don't think you're auto town. -_-

I did that because if you're town, you're forgetting that there are two scum. Not one. Your lack of investigation into anyone else is troubling to me as town, regardless if you're scum or not. I was actually changing my reads on you and your way of thinking. I was criticising you for not thinking, about anything but lynching Ree.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Remembrance »

If you're not scum Ree, then Insanity is probably Scum. Other than that, I think Rob's possibly town and Kuro's responses have been VERY naturalistic so far. This game is hard, and almost everyone here is experienced at covering their footsteps. Zephyr is right to complain about Lylo Wifom, because it will really depend on what he has to say and how he's going to legitimize himself and his case for or against another player. I've been thinking about it, but I don't know. Sorry I don't have a more solid plan. I'll probably have one if/when you're lynched.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Ree, if you defend yourself adequately, I will not vote you just to please Hawk, nor to make Rob13 feel better. I will do everything I can not to get town lynched. And I will vote my second best guess.

Rob13, you're weird and I don't get you. But in general I don't take this kinda stuff personally. You need to stop OMGUSING and being reactionary to what other people are doing and instead play an offensive game. You're town, not homeland defense. Good night fellows. Better luck in the morning, I hope.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 890, Rob14 wrote:I attributed this to tunneling newbTown which isn't uncommon. The fact that you're continuing to "hunt" in this style even after it effectively outed the two town PRs makes me dubious of the fact that your show of emotion after each time you hit a PR was genuine.

I think I already noted the tunneling, and lack of genuine emotion... I am sure he will learn with time.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

C'mon, Is that one question too much to ask guys?

@Rem: I plan to but it's hard to do at work. Give it time, deadline isnt till mid month i believe.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Rem, I'm not questioning you because you're attacking me. I clearly questioned your style of play. So far it's been the following:

Develop Scum Read --> Reaching to turn everything they say into something scummy --> Be proven wrong --> Sorrow? --> Unsure of self and reads --> Return to beginning

The fact that you're returning to the beginning makes me question whether the sorrow and unsurity is actually genuine.

Do I always change my reads? Hell yeah. Everything you say or do (or anyone says and does) is going to make me rethink my read on them. I want to make sure we're lynching scum.

You claim that you were questioning my lack of any real attention to the second scum. Umm...what? In the very post you responded to (#885), I was trying to start a discussion on the second scum. You're reaching pretty hard right now. You've buddied up to Ree even harder. Look at how, in #892, his post is specifically directed at Ree. He isn't directing his post at the town. He's directing it at Ree. What? Why?

Finally:

In post 893, Remembrance wrote:I will do everything I can not to get town lynched. And I will vote my second best guess.

Please tell me what you meant by your "second best guess." Who is your "first best" and why are you settling for second?

Unvote
pending response.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Rob, I already covered this with Rem at the beginning of the day. We are lynching Ree today.

Who is scum if you flip town? It takes four to lynch, so it will be someone on your wagon.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by ProHawk »

And by you, I meant Ree. If Ree flips town, scum will be someone on his wagon.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

Cool. care to go into specifics though? Possible teams even?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”