StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Albus Dumbledore (5): Darthe, JacobSavage, ArcAngel9, The Mini-Librarian, Baby Spice
JacobSavage (1): Albus Dumbledore
DeasVail (4): thezmon221, Boniface, Jal, curiouskarmadog
Not voting (6): Edosurist, jmj3000, DeasVail, PeregrineV, Skyhook, UVApe

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

penguin_alien replaces UVApe.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Hey!

I'm going to read up over the next couple of days or so. If there's anything important I should know, someone should probably tell me.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

D1 is very long....
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Darthe »

Longest on site? Day two sucks though, so that is promising.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Oh fun.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by DeasVail »

All the replacements are doing my head in!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:33 am

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry, I'm only up to Page 11, but I actually have a few decent townreads that I can see lasting and some maybe scum reads. We'll see.

I think there was only 1 post by Dumbledore that I read (which seemed kind of townish actually) so I'm still not sure what I think of him.

Although, Albus, why are you voting for Jacob?

If I do end up deciding that I don't want to lynch Albus though, lynching someone other than me would be pretty cool.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:34 am

Post by DeasVail »

How long has this day been going anyway?
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Day 3, 80 hours or so so far. D2 less than 72 hours. D1 must have been over a month.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh cool thanks.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:22 am

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 2369, Albus Dumbledore wrote:pedit: Speaking of being useless, Darthe, your vote is on town.
Why is it that you mentioned him specifically, and not the other 4 people?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:20 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

okay so here is the issue, I am going away from home for a month (for work). I can still post here (ipad) but this weekend is with my family and such...I dont know if I will have time to really post here until Monday...sorry. but I am trying.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:46 am

Post by Boniface »

when you get a chance DeasVail, what do you think of your slot?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Curious, why are you defending Albus? if he has nothing to hide..he should be the one defending himself not you.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2389, ArcAngel9 wrote:Curious, why are you defending Albus? if he has nothing to hide..he should be the one defending himself not you.

If this is at me, I'm not defending him (I don't really have a read on him), but if I think someone is town, I won't want them lynched, so I'll probably try to stop it.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 2390, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2389, ArcAngel9 wrote:Curious, why are you defending Albus? if he has nothing to hide..he should be the one defending himself not you.

If this is at me, I'm not defending him (I don't really have a read on him), but if I think someone is town, I won't want them lynched, so I'll probably try to stop it.

It wasn't for you.. it was curiouskarmadog .... :neutral:
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by Albus Dumbledore »

Does anyone want to know why I was sure Sixx was scum? It's because he was terrible. Terribly awful. Awfully terrible. That was, quite frankly, the most transparent scum play I've ever seen outside of a newbie game. I could tell you about all the times that he awkwardly stumbled over his terribly formulated sentences trying desperately to cover all of his bases and remain neutral(and there's some real gems in there), but to me the meat of it was the way he was seemingly incapable of even
pretending
to have a read on anyone. And we're talking over 20 pages into the game here, at which time he proceeded to manufacture a bullshit reason to vote for Ztife, which he never followed up on, followed by an even more blatantly manufactured reason to vote for Darthe which was also never followed up on.

What's my point? Sixx is an open book, and in chapter 2 he lets us know that JacobSavage is his scumbuddy. I'll give you a hint: As a player that was content to so shamelessly claim to have no scumreads at all over and over again because "it's day 1," brush off questions about his town reads when asked why he had them, etc, who was the one person he ever made an excuse for not having a read on? That's right, class, it was JacobSavage.

This is almost beside the point, though, because JacobSavage is worth lynching on his own merits too.

Has anyone else noticed that he's spent the entirety of the game in a state of active lurking? If you look at his iso, you'll see he contributes literally nothing to any serious conversations through well over ten pages. His first serious post? He votes Thez, and then immediately unvotes because--despite calling him scum and still being "down" with his lynch--he doesn't want him to be put at L-2; he later retracts suspicion of him when everyone else does. After that, well.. seriously, take a look at that iso. I can't even be bothered to point out how practically every post he makes is an offhand comment on some besides-the-point aside going on.

In the 60ish posts between his 18th and 19th posts he chooses to solely comment on the drivers/flavor stuff and wish SC a happy birthday. His next post is commenting on NJs avatars. His next post is a comment on that same discussion about the drivers. After that his V/LA follows, and his promised "content post" is a couple of short sentences on how he has a null read on nhammen and a very slight scum lean on idiotking(these uncontroversial, unmeaningful stances are the cornerstone of every attempt at participating in the game he makes). I could keep doing this until I got to the end of his iso, with every single post he's made, but I'm absolutely not going to bother doing it. I highly suggest taking a look for yourselves if you've somehow managed to miss this. I'll wait.

The best part--and I'll try to keep this shortish, I seem to have become one of those walls of text that I hate--is how he responds to the nearly non-existent pressure I've put on him.

Post 2081? Snarky image response to a claim that a specific post of his was scummy. This is a clear scum tactic on his behalf.
2252? He asks me why I didn't use my nightkill on him if I want him dead so badly. Do I need to explain why this is scummy?
Look at how he's throwing around the word tunneling at every possible opportunity to try to discredit me when it's patently obvious to anyone that he was never my focus until now, and we're nearly 100 pages into the game.
In 2332 he tries to pass it off as being scummy that I found Thez scummy once I actually read the game for the first time. This is scummy from him several reasons, but my favorite is the part where he uses turn of phrase to try to pass off a very clear and easily explainable thing as being some mystical hidden key of scuminess that I'll never be able to talk my way out of so that everyone can ooh and ahh over how totally nailed I am. Again: Scum. Tactic.

/intermission
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Considering Sixx was never lynched.....
i am wondering how genuine your whole theory on Sixx being transparent scum and you happen to point him first..
and about Jacob, so what..you have pointed FoS over Sixx, that should make you town?

Any more reasons you have got?
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Albus, that one post probably exceeded your combined posting for this game.

Pity it had to take you being the lead wagon to do it.

Hell, your commentry on Sixx being scum was more than you actually wrote on him while he was still in the game.

In post 2392, Albus Dumbledore wrote:Has anyone else noticed that he's spent the entirety of the game in a state of active lurking?

This quote takes the cake. You have 29 posts total Albus. Several of them prod dodges, extraneous matters, or just one or two lines calling someone scum with nothing to support it. Hell, you were 65 minutes from being force replaced due to inactivity. Although in your case, semi-active lurking would be the better description.

If you look at [JS's] iso, you'll see he contributes literally nothing to any serious conversations through well over ten pages.

Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. Except Albus there are literally ten page blocks where you don't post at all. Plural, blocks.

Look at how he's throwing around the word tunneling at every possible opportunity to try to discredit me when it's patently obvious to anyone that he was never my focus until now, and we're nearly 100 pages into the game.

page 82, or 14 pages ago.

Also Albus, several of your posts read like you just looked at the game and commented on what was immediately there.

The Thez thing that JS quoted is a good example. In that post you said Thez seems town, I bet you just looked at the vote count higher on the page. You even admitted that you hadn't read the game at that point.

Most of what you are calling JS scummy for, you are doing similar in spades, only worse.

But to me most damning is that you have far, far out posted what you had previously posted on why JS is scum in this one post, despite calling for JS' lynch for the last 14 pages.

tl/dr. Not so active lurker trying not to be a lurker lynch.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:33 am

Post by DeasVail »

Nacho! I don't usually read posts of dead town, but I can't help but read yours. :)

(I'm hoping he sees this, otherwise it's mega awks)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:24 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Just posting to say that I'm still working on catching up; I generally prefer not to waste people's time with such posts, but given that it's taking me a while to catch up on 95 pages, it seems only proper to keep people informed.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:50 am

Post by Albus Dumbledore »

You're right, Baby Spice. I was essentially not even playing this game for the vast majority of it, and given that I was constantly far behind in my reading every time I opened this game up and saw 5 new pages popped up in the last 24 hours(this seemed to have happened a lot in Day 1) I could not possibly bring myself to give a shit. This, however, has nothing to do with my alignment, or with JacobSavage, or with JacobSavage's blinding aura of scumminess, or with his active lurking, or with his incredibly scummy responses to my pressure. That has got to be the most irrelevant and wrong series of comments made while ignoring the valid points in an attempt to discredit a case I've ever seen, so fair play for that; it actually looks convincing until you think about it a little bit.

The fact of the matter is that I'm town, and it's obvious, and while it's understandable that you want to throw me overboard for having the gall to suddenly come in after being a useless little shit for the whole game, I'm probably right and JacobSavage is scum.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Darthe »

I was pretty amused by AD actually.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:52 am

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 2397, Albus Dumbledore wrote:The fact of the matter is that I'm town, and it's obvious, and while it's understandable that you want to throw me overboard for having the gall to suddenly come in after being a useless little shit for the whole game, I'm probably right and JacobSavage is scum.
5 people seem to especially disagree, and I'm sure they're not the only ones (I don't exactly think it's obvious either).

However, I would definitely like to see this spark a new chapter in AD's posting in this game, but to me it seems.... meh.

Albus Dumbledore wrote:You're right, Baby Spice. I was essentially not even playing this game for the vast majority of it, and given that I was constantly far behind in my reading every time I opened this game up and saw 5 new pages popped up in the last 24 hours(this seemed to have happened a lot in Day 1) I could not possibly bring myself to give a shit. This, however, has nothing to do with my alignment, or with JacobSavage, or with JacobSavage's blinding aura of scumminess, or with his active lurking, or with his incredibly scummy responses to my pressure. That has got to be the most irrelevant and wrong series of comments made while ignoring the valid points in an attempt to discredit a case I've ever seen, so fair play for that; it actually looks convincing until you think about it a little bit.
I understand what you're getting at here, but how do you explain D2 and D3 prior to this pair of posts?

I also can't help but agree with BS on the whole "pot, meet kettle" mentality.

@penguin_alien: Looking forward to see your post when you're done reading all 2300+ posts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”