ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 790, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 785, ProHawk wrote:Hey guys, lets lynch Aldus and continue this next game-day mkay?
"derp, let's get this over with so *I* don't get lynched"

This is a bit of a stretch. Perhaps you missed this post, or maybe just intentionally skipped over it? Pray tell, when was the last vote placed on me? Who has been the topic of conversation these past few days? Yeah, I sure am trying to avoid getting lynched :roll:
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:53 am

Post by Whiskers »

Fine.

Vote: ProHawk

But I will say that if I were almost the lynch, I'd be trying to save my ass too. Since a lot of his heat is for early (failed) aggressiveness, and pretty much all of the rest of it is for laying low toward the end of the day.
There are things he's done that I don't like, ways he's done the things-- like "I just won't do anything because you won't listen"

As for Sky: Commenting on
only
the popular issues-- what everyone else is talking about, that's scummy. Don't form your own opinion, just rephrase someone else's. Game theory is fine if it doesn't make up a large portion of your posts.
I just saw little useful analysis, mostly there being info/theory/stats instead of it, or it being stuff that didn't really need to be analysed, and occasionally stuff that as just wrong.

People to look out for: Unc, Aus, and Tajun-- the people I forget are in the game until I'm actually looking at their names.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:55 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 789, Whiskers wrote:I didn't say I thought you were scum. But there's a very real chance that you are scum, and I'm pointing it out to you. Call it scum coaching, if you will.

In post 755, Whiskers wrote:Sorry if you feel insulted, mate, but how is this not accurate? I don't think any of us missed the point, but don't think we also didn't pick up that you're taking for granted the fact that you won't be nightkilled. Why? Because you're a werewolf.
Now, that's taking a strong stance.

:?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:58 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 800, ProHawk wrote:
In post 785, ProHawk wrote:Hey guys, lets lynch Aldus and continue this next game-day mkay?
"derp, let's get this over with so *I* don't get lynched"

This is a bit of a stretch. Perhaps you missed this post, or maybe just intentionally skipped over it? Pray tell, when was the last vote placed on me? Who has been the topic of conversation these past few days? Yeah, I sure am trying to avoid getting lynched :roll:

ok, two things:
1, you took away my top of the page spot.
2, You're trying to move the people back off of Sky and onto Aldus, who still has the highest chance of being lynched, not counting (or maybe even counting?) you. If the lynch on Ald is confirmed, you don't die.

Also, what have you even been doing the last couple of days? Expressing loads of support for the ald lynch-- oh, and just like Majiffy, saying you'd switch to Sky but not doing it. Research tomorrow does into a three-way team, and I kind of appeal to the Wolves to kill one of these to see if we get a mafia flip to lead us lynching those scum.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:01 am

Post by ProHawk »

If the lynch on Ald is confirmed, no one else does either, I don't see your point. If you really want to argue this, answer my questions I posed to Ald.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:03 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 803, Whiskers wrote:oh, and just like Majiffy, saying you'd switch to Sky but not doing it.

I'm not scum, I don't need a counter-wagon to save my comrade. Aldus is a viable lynch, it shouldn't have taken us this long to make a rushed decision.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Tajun »

Still think that Hawk is town, although his recent downturn of activity is a bit awkward. Whiskers' buddying argument is a stretch, I'm having a hard time seeing those three as being that obvious, and very rarely can that be seen day 1 in my experience. I think Aldus is our best option here, out of those two (three, if sky is considered).

BTW,
I'm pretty sure that that is L-1 on Hawk
, although someone should check that properly, I have to run.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Tajun, you didn't seem to think I was scum for a really long time, then suddenly you thought I was an okay lynch. What happened?

ProHawk, you're a lynch candidate, if you think you're not then you're lying or severely mistaken.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:12 am

Post by ProHawk »

Yeah, in the past thirty minutes I just re-entered that arena does no one else find that rather scummy that with 1 day left, I get a quick-wagon back on me? Hey Aldus, why wait until one day remaining to start this all up again? Why take two days off to lurk and come back to force the town to make a rushed decision?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:17 am

Post by Whiskers »

Uh, it's not him that's "starting it all up again". There isn't enough support for a Sky lynch, and the lesser of two evils has a townread on Sky besides, so I'm just moving my vote onto you.

@Tajun: Things are rarely that cut and dried, but it makes more sense to start with the obvious and come as close as possible to being correct, than to start with some wild, unlikely thing and guess.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not L-1 on Hawk, since didn't he have some votes removed from him, and he was only at 3 votes anyway? I'll go and check, but I'm pretty sure that's bullshit.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Whiskers »

Last Votecount:
In post 771, Josh Lyman wrote:
Twelfth Votecount

:shifty: L-1 Alduskkel: (6) Human Destroyer, ProHawk, Tajun, uctriton00, Majiffy, auspicious
Human Destroyer: (1) Whiskers
ProHawk: (3) Alduskkel, Sky, Rob13
Sky: (2) Thor665, 4nxi3ty

Not placing a Vote: :cool:

12 alive equals 7 to lynch

Deadline for Day One: (expired on 2013-02-03 22:50:36)

Sorry for the lack of votecounts. I seem to have wandered off and apparently got lost. Slightly. Won't happen again.

All the votes since then:
In post 778, Whiskers wrote:
Vote: Sky

In post 796, Human Destroyer wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: ProHawk

In post 801, Whiskers wrote:
Vote: ProHawk

So ProHawk is at like, L-2.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:23 am

Post by Alduskkel »

@ProHawk: What do you expect me to do, try and get Sky lynched? Why shouldn't I get "start this all up again"? (in reality people never stopped being suspicious of you)
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am

Post by ProHawk »

I expect you to play the game, not wait until the end of the day to start making posts. You are more than welcome to attack me and bring up a case on me, but doing it right before the deadline...
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:30 am

Post by Whiskers »

Is the most effective way to do it. Just think of what would have happened if the HD push was made at the end of the Day, instead of in the middle.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 am

Post by ProHawk »

Whiskers, its the most effective way to make a mistake. That's about all that is effective about it.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:18 am

Post by ProHawk »

For those of you who think I am just voting Aldus to escape my own lynch:

Aldus has topped my scum-list since the beginning of the day, and he hasn't budged (mostly from his lack of participation).

I am voting Aldus because I think he is scum, not because I am trying to escape a lynch, although its quite ironic that you could say Aldus is doing the exact same thing to me.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:20 am

Post by ProHawk »

EBWOP:
Read
Real
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 789, Whiskers wrote:Ok when you remove all the quotes in a chain, it takes them out of context, which allows you to misrep and twist words. It's ok to do when the quotechain is no longer relevant (because the argument has moved into a new topid) but you've done it to
every one
. Stahp.

No. Unlike you, I don't like giant walls upon walls upon walls of quotes upon quotes upon quotes. Not only is it awful to look at, it makes it so that no one wants to actually read it.

In post 789, Whiskers wrote:You asked what information you were withholding. NOT what information you were withholding that "was your concern at the moment".
Scum motivation in changing the question after it's answered.

Yes, I'm pretty fucking adorable.
Scum motivation in avoiding a real answer to a real accusation.

1) If it isn't my concern at the moment, then why would I hold it to withhold it to begin with? Maybe you should read and think instead of conf. biasing everything I say.
2) What do you expect me to say? Oh, you're such the better guy for posting associative tells without flips? You're such a marvelous scumhunter? :neutral: Retard.

In post 789, Whiskers wrote:
I pursue the line of thought because
Aldus's post and attacks are not invalid.
I wish to show you and the rest of the Village that.
I didn't say I thought you were scum.
But there's a very real chance that you
are
scum,
and I'm pointing it out to you. Call it scum coaching, if you will.
Like I said, the point wasn't to use associative tells, ("Majiffy is scum if Rob is scum,")
the point was that you're behaving like bussing scum, ("Majiffy is making a highly visible push but without any weight.")

I didn't propose to get a flip. I assume there will be
nightkills and lynches
between now and the end of the game-- those
will provide all the flips we need.

1) Except you've been conceding a lot of points, and I reckon by the time we're done, you'll have conceded the rest. So they really aren't.
2) Who's coaching whom? Aldu coaching me? Don't be silly.
3) It's kind of a necessity to say that you're using associative tells if you're accusing me of bussing. :roll:
4) Right so you're expecting the scum team to kill me so that I flip scum. Or something like that. Maybe I kill my teamate(s). I haven't got a damned clue. Because you already said you aren't trying to lynch me, so that takes lynches out of the equation.

In post 789, Whiskers wrote:Sarcasm, I presume?

No, actually, I was being entirely serious. That's all you're doing with your recent posting.

Aldsukkel's post about you is not baseless and you seem to want to lynch him for it. In fact iirc there were
three
times in your response to that post, that I could have tagged your argument for OMGUS. Instead I only did it for one and qualified the other two.
Anyway, no scumpoints for responding sarcastically since it wasn't an attack with anything solid to defend against.

Actually my argument about Aldu's post started before I voted him. I voted him because I didn't like the ProHawk wagon and there was no viable alternative. But you can retroactively call it OMGUS, I guess, fits with your poisoning the well tactic.

In post 789, Whiskers wrote:Remember how pissed you were when he said "where's the scum motivation"? Even Rob13 used this and when you finally
did
provide motivation you said, "You're the hardest townie to get to do anything!"
Catchphrase!
If I remember right, your argument was that it's like saying "What's the scum motivation to scum slip?"

Funny thing, that. I didn't ask that about anything you considered a scum slip. So now you're the one who is altering the original question... didn't you call that scummy earlier in this post?

In post 789, Whiskers wrote:I read it in your ISO while making a case, of sorts, against you.

So you decided I was scummy whilst you were already making a case against me. Yeah, that makes sense.

Quote deleted, just more sarcasm here-- basically you saying that you didn't want him lynched, despite saying so several times and voting him. And as such, of course you didn't make a case. You were too tied up with Thor in an attack that eventually lead us to... not lynch him today regardless.

Is it my fault no one else seems to want to lynch obvscum Thor?

In post 789, Whiskers wrote:My Point: You made weak-ass pushes on Rob. You eventually even voted for Rob.
You said that you'd make a case on Rob once he became a better lynch than ProHawk. Since then, you unvoted ProHawk and voted Rob ((evidence that you think that's the case)). No case.
My Point: What gives?

Unvoted HD and voted Rob, actually.
You're trying to put things together that don't actually exist. Come back to reality.

In post 789, Whiskers wrote:Sooo... Consistency? Why not vote someone you
did
think was scum? Thor, maybe?

Because no one else wants to lynch him for whatever ridiculous reason(s).

More in the next post.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 790, Alduskkel wrote:I don't think I am missing your point, if your point was that you prefer to focus on just one target at a time. If that's so, then I already got it.

Also it's not "backhanded" if I'm really obvious about it.

So you're admittedly openingly trying to discredit me. Cute.

re: not taking a stance: My stance is clear. I think you 'won' but I could not conclude from that that Thor was scum. It is my opinion that it means that Thor should be looked at more closely, but in and of itself the argument fails to make him scum.

So then what kind of town perspective do you attribute for dancing around answering pretty clear questions as Thor did for 3.5 pages?

In post 790, Alduskkel wrote:Well, your survival was implicit, not explicit. You seemed to be operating under the assumption that you would survive, based on your willingness to put off making the Rob13 case. And because you never made the case, you are free to change your read on him as necessary.

Incorrect. You're painting a survivalist picture on my actions. Rob13 becoming scummier than ProHawk - the only qualifying factor in me making a case - does not necessitate a night phase in between.

In post 790, Alduskkel wrote:Are you and ProHawk scum together? What the hell is this coaching crap?

I don't like any of the entities on his wagon which inclines me to think he's town.

Majiffy, why is Rob13 scum?

I'd have to do an ISO and a PbPA to answer this. Given that we have 29 hours left in the day and not a single Rob vote, and that Rob is not a leading competitor in my scum reads anymore, I'll decline to answer. Not worth my time.

Also this ProHawk wagon stinks to high heaven. Said it before, say it again, continue saying it until the bitter end.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Majiffy »

Scum: {Aldu, Thor, Sky}
Leaning scum: {HD, Whiskers}
Null: {Uct, Rob}
Town: {Anxiety, Ausp, ProHawk, Tajun}

Watch all 5 scum be those top 5.

||
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

I'm starting to think you legitimately can't read me.
Are you ready for this?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Majiffy »

I don't like how you lept (leapt?) off Aldu to put the ProHawk wagon in the position to tie with it.

||
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 am

Well Aldus is starting to act town and ProHawk has been scummy this whole time tbh

You can blather all about how "bad" the wagon is, but as it stands, ProHawk needs to be lynched.
Are you ready for this?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:06 am

Post by Majiffy »

Not with all the scum on it running interference to the Aldu lynch, he doesn't.

||
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:08 am

Guess what

Two scum teams

They could be on opposing teams for all I care

I'm just lynching my current strongest scumread