Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:25 am

Post by Leafsnail »

@Scooby I'm not actually voting Katsuki now, I switched to TML.

In post 331, Zang wrote:leafsnail- You're case against TML does make sense but I would rather lynch MrObvious.

Fair enough, I don't think MrObvious is a bad lynch by any means. I disagree on Scooby though, his posts have screamed town to me even if I don't really agree with his conclusion.

Incidentally:
In post 334, MrObvious wrote:I see it. It's as if TML is dismissing Reck's claim.

In post 337, MrObvious wrote:
Null:

+The_Mini-Librarian

Care to explain this one, MrObvious?

In post 333, Voidedmafia wrote:I'm not seeiing what leaf sees in 269. It looks like a valid question to me.

It's sortof a valid question (not really though due to Reck's claim). That isn't the point though - my issue is that the motivation behind asking this question, and TML's play as a whole, seems extremely suspect. It looks more like he's pressing players for openings (and thus mislynch possibilities) than trying to discern alignments.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:57 am

Post by wind-up »

!vote The Mini-Librarian

As Leafsnail has pointed out, he seems to be searching for anti-town or unproductive behaviour instead of scummy behaviour.

In post 331, Zang wrote:People are calling you scum because almost all of your questions are to some extent saying "why am I scummy for doing this? I do this in all my games."

How is this indicative of alignment? That's just self meta. If she claims to do it in all her games, it should be easy enough to check.

In post 331, Zang wrote:Besides, defending yourself is not scumhunting.

Attacking someone and then not expecting them to defend themselves is unreasonable. Do you agree?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Zang »

Scooby- I don't disagree with your case but I would like to allow luckyjt to try and post content before he is lynched.

wind-up wrote:How is this indicative of alignment? That's just self meta. If she claims to do it in all her games, it should be easy enough to check.

Regardless of whether the meta is even true, it's scummy that he is using meta to justify anti-town behavior.

It is also scummy that, rather than by attempting to show the pro-town motivation in his posts, he tries to dismiss the cases against him with meta.

wind-up wrote:Attacking someone and then not expecting them to defend themselves is unreasonable. Do you agree?

What does this have to do with what you quoted?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 342, MrObvious wrote:Because Reck had claimed a town role, the two were not equal. That basically makes the question answered before it was asked. Therefore, invalid.

Claiming a town role does not mean you are immediately conftown without information to back it up or mod-related confirmation (InnoChilds being confirmed, claiming sane cop with enough guilties/innos to prove sanity and the claim, etc.). No where does claiming a town role equate doing shit-all for scumhunting, and I don't want to be in a game where that's true.

In post 348, scooby wrote:I dont get the case on MR OBVIOUS, i kinda like his last list with kthxbye as scum, im still torn about the katsuki hate...

tl;dr Obvious fucked up his reasoning for voting kthnx by saying stuff near the vote and changing it nearly 8 pages later. Most of it reads (to me) as him fabricating reasoning to suit his needs at the time.

In post 350, Leafsnail wrote:It's sortof a valid question (not really though due to Reck's claim). That isn't the point though - my issue is that the motivation behind asking this question, and TML's play as a whole, seems extremely suspect. It looks more like he's pressing players for openings (and thus mislynch possibilities) than trying to discern alignments.

As indicated above I don't think the claim makes the question irrelevant, but that's a separate point here.

I admit I haven't been getting this vibe from TML that you say you're getting. Granted, I haven't had the most time in the world as of late, but The question in question doesn't feel like he's looking for a mislynch angle.

In post 351, wind-up wrote:How is this indicative of alignment? That's just self meta. If she claims to do it in all her games, it should be easy enough to check.

And yet that's the best she can come up with? I mean, I won't try to say that her pleading, "It's what I do!" hasn't been able to get her out of rough spots or win her games, but she wouldn't be able to win scummies if that was ALL to her play, and I would expect her to be able to do more.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 353, Voidedmafia wrote:
tl;dr Obvious fucked up his reasoning for voting kthnx by saying stuff near the vote and changing it nearly 8 pages later. Most of it reads (to me) as him fabricating reasoning to suit his needs at the time.

If it was fabrication, why would I bait him after the fact and then later up bring it up myself that I had reread the game and remembered something that I had forgotten? If I was scum, I wouldn't gift wrap such an inconsistency to you and Zang.
"MrObvious clearly isn't listening" ~Zang
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

I'm town! Conf town!
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 355, Kthxbye wrote:I'm town! Conf town!

...right.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 354, MrObvious wrote:If it was fabrication, why would I bait him after the fact and then later up bring it up myself that I had reread the game and remembered something that I had forgotten? If I was scum, I wouldn't gift wrap such an inconsistency to you and Zang.

Perhaps, but neither do I see the town motivation for setting up what looks like a reaction-test vote on kthnx and repeatedly denying that it IS a reaction-test (specifically to Kthnx and to the other players in general), only to more or less reverse this and admit that you were reaction-testing kthnx 8 pages later, way too long after admitting to such would actually look town.

MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 357, Voidedmafia wrote: and repeatedly denying that it IS a reaction-test

I denied that I said it was. There is a huge difference and we've been around this circle already way too many times already. Either way, doesn't matter, I reread the game and remembered what I was thinking at the time and have since made it clear where I stood.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Post by wind-up »

In post 352, Zang wrote:Scooby- I don't disagree with your case but I would like to allow luckyjt to try and post content before he is lynched.

wind-up wrote:How is this indicative of alignment? That's just self meta. If she claims to do it in all her games, it should be easy enough to check.

Regardless of whether the meta is even true, it's scummy that he is using meta to justify anti-town behavior.

jus·ti·fy
/ˈjəstəˌfī/
Verb
1. Show or prove to be right or reasonable.
2. Be a good reason for.

I don't think Katsuki is using meta to 'justify' his 'anti-town behaviour'. I think Katsuki is using meta to show that what you are calling 'anti-town behaviour' is simply a feature of his play. Would you mind giving an example of where you think Katsuki has used meta to justify anti-town behaviour, or if you concede my point, show where he's used meta in a scummy or bad way?

In post 352, Zang wrote:It is also scummy that, rather than by attempting to show the pro-town motivation in his posts, [Katsuki] tries to dismiss the cases against him with meta.

No, it's just lazy. Would it make a difference if someone other than Katsuki dismissed the cases against Katsuki based on Katsuki's meta? If so, why?

In post 352, Zang wrote:
wind-up wrote:Attacking someone and then not expecting them to defend themselves is unreasonable. Do you agree?

What does this have to do with what you quoted?

Would you mind answering the question first?

In post 353, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 351, wind-up wrote:How is this indicative of alignment? That's just self meta. If she claims to do it in all her games, it should be easy enough to check.

And yet that's the best she can come up with? I mean, I won't try to say that her pleading, "It's what I do!" hasn't been able to get her out of rough spots or win her games, but she wouldn't be able to win scummies if that was ALL to her play, and I would expect her to be able to do more.

This sounds like a fallacious appeal to accomplishment to me.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 359, wind-up wrote:This sounds like a fallacious appeal to accomplishment to me.

And you're going to sit/stand there and tell me that Katsuki's actions so far are certainly up to par for as good a scumhunter that she claims she is and others think she is?

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:23 am

Post by Zang »

wind-up wrote:I don't think Katsuki is using meta to 'justify' his 'anti-town behaviour'. I think Katsuki is using meta to show that what you are calling 'anti-town behaviour' is simply a feature of his play. Would you mind giving an example of where you think Katsuki has used meta to justify anti-town behaviour, or if you concede my point, show where he's used meta in a scummy or bad way?

Anti-town behavior is anti-town behavior, it does not matter if it is a part of his normal play and Katsuki is still using meta to justify it.

Katsuki shows this in posts 136, 213, 219 and 258.

Does this mean that you think that Katsuki is town? If so, what makes you think that? Also, have you completely read the rest of the game?

wind-up wrote:No, it's just lazy. Would it make a difference if someone other than Katsuki dismissed the cases against Katsuki based on Katsuki's meta? If so, why?

Laziness might be a possible town motivation for doing it. However, scum definitely have the most motivation to do it. Katsuki can just point to his town meta as scum and be excused from scummy actions. Besides, I do not accept laziness as a valid excuse for anti-town behavior.

I don't really care about the meta. If someone else pointed out the meta and Katsuki chose to defend himself in a pro-town way, than I would not find him nearly as scummy. However, if someone else pointed out the meta and Katsuki still dismissed the case against himself, then he would still be scummy.

wind-up wrote:Would you mind answering the question first?

Expectations really don't mean anything. I believe that it is completely unreasonable to attack somebody and not give them the chance to defend themselves. However, if someone chooses not to defend themselves than that is their choice.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:15 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

I'm alive. Weekend was more time consuming than I anticipated. Posts coming within the next hour or so.
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

In post 311, Leafsnail wrote:
In post 288, The Mini-Librarian wrote:It was a question to Mr Obvious, to see if his reason for voting kat was just bullshit or not. Basically if you have a scum read on Kat for that reason imo you should have one on Reck. He doesn't.

OK, you are scum. You aren't actually considering anyone's alignment - you're just trying to score points against Mr Obvious by pointing out a "contradiction". In particular you're avoiding any actual comment on the alignment of Katsuki even though he's the leading wagon
and
you're mentioning him here, instead preferring to vaguely attack someone on the wagon.

!vote: The Mini-Librarian

I saw something that didn't make sense to me and I asked it. You can attack the validity of the question like shos did, but to say I wasn't trying to scumhunt with this question is reaching hard. I wanted him to explain to me why he didn't see Katsuki's contribution as the same as Reck's and he ignored it at first. (the reason I didn't give a read on Katsuki is that I don't have one. he's null. Mostly I just found mr obvious' attack on him to be bad possibly scummy.)

Mr Obvious has ignored yet another question that could help ascertain his alignment in leafsnail's

!vote: mrobvious
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am

Post by MrObvious »

I never ignored any your questions, TML. The answer to leafsnail is, nope, IMO, there is nothing to elaborate on, hence NULL.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:47 am

Post by MrObvious »

We just need one more dumbass on me.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:53 am

Post by MrObvious »

Oh, it's 7 to lynch. Still need 2.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Kthxbye »

MrObvious - 4 (Luckyjt Voidedmafia Zang, TML)

Here, I'll make your p366 true for your horrible math skillz and for the AtE you just posted based off those horrible math skillz.

!vote MrObvious
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 am

Post by MrObvious »

One more! I'd self hammer if it weren't against my wincon.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:18 am

Post by MrObvious »

You claim at L-1, Kthx, not L-0.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Kthxbye »

So...you don't read what people actually post then is what you're saying

you are at 5 votes including mine...and mine was only semi-serious...after the AtE in p368, it's now just plain serious.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 am

Post by MrObvious »

It's pointless at this point. Dumbasses are gonna be dumbasses and scum is gonna be scum. Dumbasses and scum split hairs to bring down the town. That's where we stand.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:27 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Funny thing about your latest rant. Self hammering isn't against wincon if done right. Secondly, you being at L-2 and going into a pity-me AtE hissy -fit isn't town like at all. You just justified everyone voting you.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 am

Post by MrObvious »

Keep it coming. I'm obvscum.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:34 am

Post by Kthxbye »

That is becoming more apparent, yes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”