Mini 1420: The Beginning Of The End (Game Over)

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Psyche »

There will be nothing in it for kthxbye.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

lol psyche, sorry, soft claiming Cop wasn't what I was going for.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

VOTE COUNT 2.1

[3] q21: Kthxbye, Psyche, DeathRowKitty,
[2] Ztife: Goodmorning, q21,
[1] KthxBye: Jennifer,
[1] Jennifer: Slandaar,

Not Voting: Ztife, Nachomamma8, Kwll,

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-02-24 23:57:13)
Last edited by JasonWazza on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Also, yeah, I can't give you like actual number odds, but it's what's logical and is based on my experience.

Don't actually know how I feel about Q's last post. I'm having mixed feelings about it since it reads townish and I had him at scumish.....
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 449, Psyche wrote:But I'm totally posting tonight. A good post. There will be something in it for everyone.

i'll race ya

In post 453, Kthxbye wrote:Also, yeah, I can't give you like actual number odds, but it's what's logical and is based on my experience.

Don't actually know how I feel about Q's last post. I'm having mixed feelings about it since it reads townish and I had him at scumish.....

why did it seem townish?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by goodmorning »

q21 is probTown to me, am I understanding correctly that the wagon-ish thing on him right now is VCA-only?

That's pretty stupid.

Jenn is probTown too, don't understand what anyone thought was scummy there.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Nacho: it just felt real and not forced.

MOD: I believe Q is voting Z

Mod: Fixed
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 441, Kthxbye wrote:Guess I have to explain it for the not as smart as me's....

It's fairly easy. I'm playing the simple odds game. Near 100% chance odds say 1 scum was on Elleran's wagon. Very good odds (above 50%) say 2 scum were on Elleran's wagon. Let's look at the wagon.

Slandaar,
TheTrollie
, goodmorning, q21, Nachomamma8,
Dannflor
Kthxbye

I have a town read on Slandaar. Leaning town on Nacho's slot. That leaves q21 and goodmorning. Neither of which give me town vibes. Could easily see both being scum after goodmorning's comment here post 438.

Q's jump back onto Elleran, post 393, is forced.

Bam, scum caught, you're welcome.
Maaaan.

I followed your vote thinking it was either based on some sort of night action result or based on literally nothing useful at all. (Yes, following a vote based on nothing useful sounds like a good way to kick of day 2 to me.) Now I'm disappointed.

Aside from that, dude, we need to talk. Are you telling me you spent all day 1 doing nothing of any value whatsoever because you "hate D1's" and that there's a side of you that actually attempts to do useful things that you purposely suppress early on so as to not to have to deal with the game? Not to have to actually participate in something you committed yourself to participating in and that 12 other players are expecting you to take seriously? Ignoring the VCA, there were other things in your pots. Would you not have been able to make an argument with
sane
reasoning day 1 like you did with the Jennifer thing? Not that I'm a big fan of
s
a
n
i
t
y
but could you have given us
something
day 1 other than "I'M A-JUMPIN' ON THE BIG WAGONS, PREPARE YOURSELVES BECAUSE MY HAMMER IS FUCKING HUGE", Mr. Lazy McLazybones?

And for the record, that dress is fucking hideous on you and yes, you do look fat.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Oh, I almost forgot...

Unvote: q21

Grumble grumble snarf.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

AND I BET YOU DON'T WATER YOUR FUCKING FLOWERS, SCUMBAG
kwll
kwll
Goon
kwll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by kwll »

I am on page 10 right now...getting there...
Hey there GM and sland and nacho. and danno
I did read the kill board...so do you think we have 2 scum factions or one faction and a Vig?
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by Ztife »

Vote:KThnx

That hammer was shitty as hell without any reason, why aren't we lynching this scum?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Post by Psyche »

Spoiler: First and Now Obsolete Line of Thought
In post 22, Jennifer wrote:

In post 19, Elleran wrote:Aren't we all looking excuses for everything?

No, we're looking for scum.

Ohoho. You got him!

In post 27, q21 wrote:
In post 22, Jennifer wrote:

In post 19, Elleran wrote:Aren't we all looking excuses for everything?

No, we're looking for scum.

QFT

Elleran, you may have bested me in the maths argument, but a comment like this hints a certain mindset for which I am quite happy to leave my vote squarely where it is. Also, other people should vote Elleran.

In post 23, Elleran wrote:
2) To find scum, we must find good excuses for our actions.

This looks like your trying to get your foot out your mouth.

:[

In post 46, q21 wrote:
In post 43, goodmorning wrote:Ah ha ha what is this Elleran thing?
Why is Dann so on?
What is q21 talking about?
In post 37, q21 wrote:Question: How serious do you believe people's opinions during RVS can be?

To me the Elleran thing is due to his comment about excuses. Town should scum hunt, scum need to prepared with excuses for everthing they do. The comment seemed off, so I'm sitting happily on his wagon.

As for what I'm talking about in the quoted: Dannflor wants everyone to give their opinions in the RVS stage. Opinions in the RVS stage are inherent based on nothing of substance so I wondered why he's so interested in getting such opinions from everyone.

@ Elleran's last post: Excuse and reason are not the same thing. Excuse implies some sort of wrong doing that needs to be excused.

You voted for Elleran on a semantic issue. :/

In post 142, Slandaar wrote:
In post 134, Elleran wrote:
Okay, the second part about town not needing excuses or reasons to vote people is a complete BS. So you're telling me that I can say "I find XXX scummy. Vote: XXX" and people won't question me? No way. Not after the first page maybe. Town DOES look for excuses and reasons. In this game, excuses and reasons are what drive people to act, not withholding information or baseless claims.

No

Town does not look for reasons to vote someone; Town looks for scum

The difference is quite huge.

It's pretty minor. >.>

Seems this turned out to be a real thing. Fine, whatever. >.>
NEW TRAIN OF THOUGHT.

Spoiler: Much less organized and thoughtful but still useful for me...train of thought.
In post 214, q21 wrote:
In post 198, Elleran wrote:
Regarding Jennifer
: I still find it odd that Jenn tried to accuse me so hard even though others had dropped out for some time. Because I feel that if Jenn was a scum, she would have gotten off the wagon long before it had lost popularity, but instead she stayed until the very end,
I am actually getting some town read on her now.

[...]

Apparently, this Slandaar vs Om wagon is getting hot.
I'm going to keep my vote on Jenn
until I can get a better read on both Slandaar and Om.

The cognitive dissonance is hurting my brain.

Agh...you're doing it again...this is so spurious. Weren't you critizizizizizizing someone earlier for unvoting without moving to a superior target (I think it was Om)? Jennifer indicated just some growing uncertainty about her read and a lack of superior alternatives and yet "cognitive dissonance" because no unvote?

In post 250, Elleran wrote:
In post 247, TheTrollie wrote:
In post 246, Dannflor wrote:The "derping" around people do in RVS, often leads the game out of RVS. Simply because derps can be interpreted as scummy, and can lead to the eventual catching scum. It's distinguishing the town derps and the scum derps that counts.

at least someone understands this game

I don't like your attitude, Trollie. I doubt there was a single person here who didn't get the point of RVS.

Your arrogance implies that you feel like you mastered this game over everyone here. Please, enlighten us more about the game. Who do you think are the scums? I'm dying to know.

P-EDIT: Why list who you think are town? That only helps scums to prioritize their target. That's not scumhunting.

UNVOTE: Slandaar
VOTE: TheTrollie

lol "you have a character flaw and are thus scummy"

In post 301, Dannflor wrote:I don't like the votes on Elleran, and as much as I hate to be a hypocrite... I'm just getting a gut town read on him. I'll try and go back in a bit and dig up the posts that I thought were town.

Now, let's ISO Joel shall we? Not that there's anything to ISO...

Well this escalated quickly.

So, we've got a prime number, which is intrinsically evil
And a person who's a vote jumper.

So far 1 good town read, no scum reads.

So he states the obvious, says he has one read... but doesn't elaborate. Doesn't even vote.

Yeah...I'm thinking Elleran is town - flipping votes is actually more of a town quality, usually. Although it's really too early to tell.
I don't do RVS. I policy vote lurkers, always. Anyone that isn't "in on the action" immediately draws my attention.
So I'll sit and observe from my tower of evil.
Bwahahahahah.

So he says who his read is, but doesn't explain it much. Excuses himself out of voting, and then fluffs up the post a bit. No content so far...

It was a joke. Don't worry I'll participate, but it's my sister's birthday right now. I'll look things over and be more active tomorrow.

Yet to see this "activeness" or any content coming from it.

DeathRowKitty concerns me. Post 66, 65 and 59 are all weird.

Why be so serious about removing the RVS, then tell someone to "lighten up"? It's odd. Please explain.

Still doesn't vote, points out a few posts as odd, doesn't elaborate. Doesn't even say it's scummy... just "odd".

DRK, why did you change votes so quickly?

One thing I find weird about this, is the fact joel completely ignore everyone else and everything else going on. Just pointing out DRK's posts and asking him questions.

Actually...that's pretty fair.

Still looking around, haven't decided yet. I see no point in randomly voting at this point.

This is as scummy if not scummier than Jenn backing off at me. The really scummy thing about this is that he STILL doesn't vote.

So... I've seen no content from Joel... and he hasn't even voted yet. Reads as scum who is trying to look involved without actually taking sides on anything.

Uh-huh.

In post 393, q21 wrote:
In post 346, Elleran wrote:(snip)

PEDIT:
Can we please lynch TheTrollie? I'm actually frustrated in real life with his VI style of play. Now, not only is he flat out refusing to answer my questions, but he's refusing to play as part of a player in this game. Clearly, he doesn't know how to play this game and is just here to troll players like Dannflor and myself.

Two things here. First is how he links himself and thereby his image to one of the games better, townier posters = scum move. Second is the request to lynch trollie which is followed up in his next post with a jump to kthxbye just about out of nowhere, which is, yet again, buddying up to Dannflor.

Seems that its about time for me to be voting Elleran again. Maybe the earlier hints of scumminess weren't so playstyle related afterall.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Elleran

Why do you keep making me cringe when you make cases? >.>

Now I've made it to today.

I dare not leave before I actually produce an organized post explaining where I am at the moment. Give me that chance por favor.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Make sure that post includes what you think of your predecessor. If it doesn't, I'll have to do dirty things to you, such as asking you what you thought of your predecessor.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Post by Psyche »

Om reminds me of Om of the Nom. That is all.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:03 am

Post by Psyche »

>.<

We can't lynch kthxbye. Not really. People shouldn't be surprised that he hammered like he did. All the signs were there. He literally announced that he would do this several pages beforehand and barely anything was done about it. We live in a world where shitplay (no offense - but you've admitted already that you're terrible and an asshole) is not the same as scumplay. We live in a world where antitown actions can be explained by more than just alliance - character flaws, hard lives, race/ethnicity (jk).

kthxbye is the prototype of what sort of thing can come out of a world so jaded as this. And we're going to have to live with it. All the way to the end, probably.

Q21's posts are awful. It's a subtle shittiness he shelters, but a thin layer of feces coats everything he says. It's really quite disgusting.

Okay, I'm exaggerating. I just really wanted to type that. It just came to me. It's not that serious at all.

His several posts involving a shift to the Elleran wagon (many shifts; helps curtail attribution of responsibility) make me cringe. An explicitly semantic issue, unfounded cognitive dissonance, "buddying"/"jumping". The first, I'll allow, was generally fielded by a few people, but as you go along, it gets dangerously close to complete bullshit. Is this just a few bad cases or scum looking for a way through?

And his other posts are fine.

1. goodmorning is okay. I need more.
2. Kthxbye is town. Probably.
3. Ztife may as well die today.
4. Slandaar is town.
6. Psyche Om is town.
7. Nachomamma8 Rondar nothing of note.
8. DeathRowKitty is okay. There were some awkward moments, but generally a force of goodness.
9. Kwll joelsdaman1 nothing of note.
11. Jennifer is beautiful and wonderful and coool. Stop calling her scum.
13. q21 is annoying.

No strong scumreads. >.>

I thought I would have something stronger, but meh. From the looks of it, we're in good shape, though. If we don't get scum today, we'll almost definitely hit the target tomorrow. So help me, garsh!

Until then, today. Gimme a sec...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:20 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 461, Ztife wrote:
Vote:KThnx

That hammer was shitty as hell without any reason, why aren't we lynching this scum?

Why shouldn't we lynch you? Don't you agree that you've sucked?

In post 437, Slandaar wrote:VOTE: Jennifer

I think.

Why, dude?

Oh, and what about Om changed your mind? Or did you want to wait for me to sprinkle the thread with magic, first?

In post 454, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 449, Psyche wrote:But I'm totally posting tonight. A good post. There will be something in it for everyone.

i'll race ya

You're a sucky racer, speed racer.

In post 453, Kthxbye wrote:Also, yeah, I can't give you like actual number odds, but it's what's logical and is based on my experience.

Then why did you give like actual number odds. >.<
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:57 am

Post by Slandaar »

I think we should massclaim
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:48 am

Post by Slandaar »

Yeah lets do it, I will initiate it tomorrow so that y'all have chance to try and deter me but you probably can't.

Good morning and Jennifer will be the first 2 to claim.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 am

Post by Kthxbye »

With nothing but vt's dead, a mass claim prolly isn't such a great idea at this point. On the other hand, if there is info gathered that leads to scum lynching, thenmaybe a claim of said info would be good as we prolly won't be as lucky n2....
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:55 am

Post by Slandaar »

3/4 PR out of 7 town alive helps us narrow down things considerably

Scum can fakeclaim but it will be obvious when they do.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Jennifer »

I need to think more about whether I think mass claiming today is a good idea.

But, if we do massclaim, we are doing it popcorn style starting with whoever has the most votes (as we don't have anyone who is conf town to lead us off with their choice).
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Kthxbye »

The more I think on it, the more I am changing my mind on the MC.

Popcorn is good and I think I should start it.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 am

Post by JasonWazza »

They did the bump
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 am

Post by JasonWazza »

They did the monster bump

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”