NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:54 am

Post by MattP »

You're fucking moronic.

I've made two setups and approved of one

13p = 3 scum

17 = 4

21 = 5

You add 1 scum for every 4 players

I'll even find you a fucking thread about it in mafia discussion

But yes, a fucking "scum slip"

I don't scum slip
SlappyKrust
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:56 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 3150, MattP wrote:You're fucking moronic.

I've made two setups and approved of one

13p = 3 scum

17 = 4

21 = 5

You add 1 scum for every 4 players

I'll even find you a fucking thread about it in mafia discussion

But yes, a fucking "scum slip"

I don't scum slip

this sums up my opinion on this matter.

aka not a tell or slip
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:58 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 656, MattP wrote:-Pirate Mollie
-Uberninja
-theunderarchivers (Nero and Mastin2)
-Josh Lyman (where the fuck is this guy)
-PeregrineV
-JacobSavage
-Mozamis
-Herobrine
-Lord Mhork

^At least 4 of the 5 scums are here positive

Matt made this post before we had seen any flips or had any rational reason to believe there was only one scum team
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:00 am

Post by ActionDan »

btw vifam and AP my strong town reads are never wrong (unless I relied on Meta).

I'm a little surprised you're going after rev/bork respectively

pedit: so? I do POE like that all the time.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:02 am

Post by MattP »

In post 3152, UberNinja wrote:Matt made this post before we had seen any flips or had any rational reason to believe there was only one scum team

Would you like examples of where I was presumptuous about setup as town and over cautious NOT to be as SCUM? Would that make you excited you perverted little fuck?
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:04 am

Post by MattP »

UN your scumhunting frankly sucks and is not like your townplay. As town you understand what textbook play is and actually have layers to your scumhunting. Here it's just idiotic.
SlappyKrust
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:41 am

Post by pirate mollie »

going after matt for thinking there 4 or 5 scum is fucking retarded

at this point I am wondering if there are not fucking 8 or 10 you would think this with how people are acting
whew!
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:16 am

Post by UberNinja »

Okay. I'm really tired of this game.

Let's seriously stop this "yada yada post w/o caps or punctuation, and lets all be jackasses because weeeeee" thing. I'm getting rather burned out on it. It was fun for a while but shit's hitting the fan and 120 pages is nothing to gawk at. I don't want this game to be record breakingly long, and I don't want there to be a bunch of shitposts mixed in with the actual scumhunting content. That's probably why I'm off so far this game, because there's nothing meaty to dig any hooks into, it's just "hahaha weeee" and "lol that was hella funny u guys" and it's really hard to get a handle on anything.

Mollie, I'm actually pretty upset that you don't believe I'm town. What do I have to do, buddy the shit out of you? Present you with baked goods regularly? I don't give a fuck what it is: Tell me how to make you read me as town and I'll do it. This is an honest request. I want to know how to guide your attention to things I think are important. I don't know how to play with you well and I want to learn it. We could make a killer team if we both just trust each other. I have done this before with mixed results, but I want to try again.

Okay so. Let's link up arms with people we suspect and disagree with, and use that to our advantage instead of our disadvantage. Let's discuss things. Let's make some actual sense for once instead of just running through a crowd where everyone's running the same direction, and yelling over each other, and we're all trying to find the teenagers who were squirting us with water guns. It's so much harder to work in that atmosphere than in a game of IRL mafia where everyone sits in a circle and everyone gets to see all of the facial expressions on everyone else's faces.

I'm not sure how much sense that makes. But I think a lot better when the game is slower, when people post less like Vifam and more like mastin2, and everyone is held to some unspoken code of "don't be a spammy moron". Yes it's fun. But it's also a lot harder to win that way, and even if you do win, the victory is just "weee we got lucky" instead of "damn, I actually figured out those fuckers and that was hard as shit and I actually feel like I did something with my time other than spam a thread and depend on other people to do the heavy lifting".

Anyway, that's my thing. Take it or leave it.

Some other things:
- I believe IAI and you are town, and I think Matt is actually scum.
- Active lurking a la PV bugs me more than JS's relentless absence.
- Vifam should probably be lynched before Day 4 ends, on principle.
- Aj the Epic is making some epically bad posts recently... opinion?

Why are Majiffy and I on your scum list? Me, in particular? Because I'm usually much more structured randomness instead of random randomness? Well, now you know why. Because that was a stage of the game I was having an immense amount of fun in, but now that stage is over for me. And hopefully for a lot of other people.

Okay I'm done.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 am

Post by MattP »

All right, I believe your rant

I still think you're being completely stupid this game, and great it's because you're demoralized, as am I, but don't push stupid ass shit just because there's nothing to grab into. You know me and my play. Newbs scumslip on setup spec. I do NOT setup scumslip. I never have and I never will.
SlappyKrust
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:23 am

Post by UberNinja »

Somebody post and agree with me, dammit.
I am losing my resolve to even try in this game.

And trying is half the battle. G. I. JOOOOOOOE

p-edit: Okay, thanks. You're invited to the club.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:24 am

Post by UberNinja »

And I think you're scum, so this will be even better than if I thought you were town.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:28 am

Post by MattP »

In post 3160, UberNinja wrote:And I think you're scum, so this will be even better than if I thought you were town.

(>o.o)> >>>>>bad reads this way >>>>>>> UN land
SlappyKrust
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:41 am

Post by UberNinja »

hey, it's cold over here :(
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 am

Post by pirate mollie »

I am replying un, give me a minute
whew!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:13 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I really didn't like Vifam dodging the Mattp scumslip topic. He wrote it off as generally accepted. I called BS on that to get him to take a stance and he just shrugged it off. Still down to lynch Vifam whenever.

I love you UberNinja. Lets make this the longest game and kill all the mafia while we are at it.

ActionDan, post 3153 was really sketch. If you want people to take your reads seriously, you should consider becoming a presence in the game instead of lurking and swooping in to agree with someone on something occasionally.

I guess my top wagons right now would be: Zabriel -> Bork -> Vifam -> Matt. PV's push on me seemed town. I don't think he'd risk snagging the attention of the one player who is essentially the only thing preventing his lynch by making a really vague case on me.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:26 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 3157, UberNinja wrote:Mollie, I'm actually pretty upset that you don't believe I'm town.

This actually made me howl with laughter. My dog looked at me funny. Come on uber, if you get upset at being called scum in a game of mafia, I think you should find a new hobby or something, something more honest. Like chess.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:30 am

Post by UberNinja »

Okay, lay your Zabriel case on me. I'll listen, but I can't guarantee I'll agree with you.

p-edit: I enjoy the uncertainty of mafia. But at some point after trying so hard to work with people you have to throw up your hands and say "enough with this bullshit!"

Also, I'll kick your ass at chess any day.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 am

Post by pirate mollie »

I don't use caps or punctuation all the time, that is just my style. love it or leave it.

I am suspicious of you cos your reads have been terrible all game. you had me down as scum and then you wanted to lynch mozi and the matt case sucks. are you honestly asking me as to why I think you might be scum? your track record sucks thats why.

but I am willing to let that go and chalk it up to you not being able to distinguish the difference between special tells and scum tells. on this site I have noticed that people's spotting is pretty much nonexistent on this site and it is a totally different style of playing. I
was
about nacho, which is weird cos I can usually spot him early. but anyway moving along----->

so why do you think that nacho was killed over mhork, IaI or myself? did scum spot a special-smelling nacho or was it to set someone up? or did they fear nacho? I asked this earlier and you know what everyone ignored me.

I have also asked for those who know matt, if he dramaqueens and meltsdown as scum and noone has answered. if the answer is "no" then matt is for sure town cos in the manner he is going about it he will have a long hard road wrt meta. I fucked up my meltdown meta once about a year ago and in some ways I am still paying for it on one of the sites I play. I lost my entire team by d3 and had to plow through nine million specials (4 scum in a 20 player game) and I almost won but was caught by flavour. I don't think I even led any lynches I think I mainly just whined and self-voted everyday lol. the self-voting was for realz, but I did manage to narrow it down to 1 indie and 3 or 4 town. is matt capable of that type of scum play? this is a yes or no question and I would really like an answer.

penguin's play reminds me of her scumplay from "there is new scum in town". there are 2 people who played that game and I have asked them both to look at her and neither of them have done shit despite her dropping the scumslip of the year holy cow.

I was right about ua being town and I was right about arc being scum, I had her pegged as scum early I just wanted to take out the head cos I totally think we are dealing with smart scum here. you would think that I would have gained at least a modicum of cred in this game jesus christ I have certainly put forth the effort but no, I guess I haven't.

I think majiffy looks sus cos of the associative tells he dropped with arc. the only thing is that so far he has tried to kill me early in nearly every game where he is scum but I could see him taking out nacho before me. he is also voting borky on an unexplained meta read which is funny considering our arguments wrt meta. majiffy is my strongest scum read right now.

I am getting mixed signals from aj and I don't know what to do about it. I am pretty sure that vifam is town and I keep going to paranoiaville with ap. I don't know about rev at all.

and I am still pissy that nacho took out my 98% town read and I can't wait until this game is over so I can bitch at him about it.

if you are town uber goober you are experiencing typical d3 depression/frustration. it will pass but you are right, town needs to start coalescing a bit cos that is how town wins games.
whew!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3167, pirate mollie wrote:or did they fear nacho? I asked this earlier and you know what everyone ignored me.

I did....I think the force replace due to a 'mod error' looked like a PR modslip. I know majiffy said he disagrees, but seriously. Combine that with the fact that Nacho was like 100% sure AA9 was scum after the push on her started, and it looked like he had some information that we didn't have. Hence PR. The only other target I could see them killing was Mhork/IaI. And maybe they feared IaI would be protected, idk. Or maybe hes scum.

Matt is one of the few people capable of dynamic scum play in the manner you described. Also hes really into theater/theatrics : P

I might be down to wagon Majiffy. I thought he was scum D1 when I was reading. The only thing that changed my mind were his walls with Mastin.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:53 am

Post by MattP »

I have never fully melted down as scum actually and you can check my meta for that

I've melted down in:

1) WiH (town)
2) SoL in/ (town)
3) Disney Mafia (town)

In all three it was because I was going to be mislynched.

Compare that to my (I think) two scum games where I was lynched, being a micro game idr and my first scumgame on site which idr
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:54 am

Post by MattP »

That's actually a good catch about my meta
SlappyKrust
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 am

Post by UberNinja »

Lol, I melted THE FUCK down in SoL. We both did.

Good thing Axxle is a fucking boss of a vig.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:14 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3168, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3167, pirate mollie wrote:or did they fear nacho? I asked this earlier and you know what everyone ignored me.

I did....I think the force replace due to a 'mod error' looked like a PR modslip. I know majiffy said he disagrees, but seriously. Combine that with the fact that Nacho was like 100% sure AA9 was scum after the push on her started, and it looked like he had some information that we didn't have. Hence PR. The only other target I could see them killing was Mhork/IaI. And maybe they feared IaI would be protected, idk. Or maybe hes scum.

erm,
I
was a 100% sure arc was scum and I gave you guys a good meta case for it but MHORK provided an infinitely better one. I am
still
not sure how some of you guys thought she was town cos she so obviously wasn't.

I would not have assumed that hero's force replace was cos his slot was a power role but I can see it now I suppose. I have played with some crazy ass gms and reverse engineering their brains always leads to madness although sometimes you just have to.

Matt is one of the few people capable of dynamic scum play in the manner you described. Also hes really into theater/theatrics : P

THANK YOU!!!! that is good to know. I know maestro can and like I said I have before but it burns up your meta. the difference I have noticed on this site is ironically mafia is not treated like a professional olympic sport so people are allowed to get away with this or mess up. he is probably going to need to be lynched before endgame unless he starts delivering scum and so far he has not.

I might be down to wagon Majiffy. I thought he was scum D1 when I was reading. The only thing that changed my mind were his walls with Mastin.

majiffy would do that as scum too though.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:16 am

Post by pirate mollie »

lol, xpost with matt and uber
whew!
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:18 am

Post by UberNinja »

Remind me to address your post later on today or tomorrow, mollie.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”