Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

Gut instinct is to believe's Kise's claim, at least for now. I mean, the claim itself is incredibly half-arsed (spreading "I'm that guy people were talking about before. Er, I'm a doctor. My flavour name is Levy. Oh, right, and I healed Cerulean last night." over a series of posts is pretty much exactly how you
shouldn't
claim a power role). Being inept isn't a scum-tell though?

Having a role-claim to fall back on might explain why Kise was so unworried about drawing attention, I guess. And Levy as Doctor does make a lot of flavour sense (given that police's night-kills are described as "arrests").

Kise
-- can you link us to a past game in which you claimed a power role?

Couldn't find any sign of crumbs is Baby Spice's few posts, but I'm not sure I want to read much into that. Especially since she apparently wasn't at all familiar with the flavour. SAD is still a better lynch.

~ Pless
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 1792, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 1789, Plessiezarus wrote:
sotty
-- what is your read on Arthur and why?

If I'm on the spot, I'd say town based on tone. That's not a strong read though.

If you think SAD's town because of his "tone", you really should read Open 472.

As for our case against him ... it's not just based on an associative tell. Arthur certainly does make a lot of sense as scum with both TGAH and absta based on their posts, but his posts are also suspicious in their own right.

* There's his reaction to absta's NK, for a start, in . Why does town get
angrier
about somebody being useless when they learn that person
wasn't trying to be helpful anyway
? That doesn't make sense. This reads much more like the reaction of angry scum who is irritated that his buddy played badly and got himself killed.

* There's also his attempt to shift attention away from absta, in , . Not because absta seemed town to him, but because of "the small hope that Absta will contribute something". In fact, despite suggesting as early as that absta might have been faking how overwhelmed he was "just as an excuse to lurk", SAD never did anything to follow up on any suspicions of absta. This isn't what I'd expect from Arthur if he were town.

* The somewhat gloating tone of posts like , is also something we think is much more likely to come from scum!Arthur than town!Arthur. Agree with Tammy's take on this.

* Arthur has thrown out lots of ideas or reads that we just don't feel fit with his earlier posts (for instance, there's the fact he claims in to have had a town-read on Vifam based on posts Vifam made
before
, in which Arthur insisted that town-reads on Vifam were "hilariously naive") or that we simply don't believe Arthur can think are true (see, for instance, his claim in that Dan replacing out the way he did is "MoS-scum from ADWD all over again" -- Arthur has played in games, and recently, in which people argued with Tammy and replaced out, as town. His attempts to suggest the act of angrily replacing out is inherently suspicious are disingenuous.)

* In fact, his choice of targets reeks of opportunism. He throws out unexplained reads, and talks about people being town or scum, but he's more than happy to drop those reads for no reason if he can be part of an easy lynch. (See, for instance, his weak town read on Kise in ,, followed by his more recent vote. He's not given any reason to stop town-reading Kise, he hasn't even noted that he's ignoring his earlier read. But Kise looked like an easy lynch, and that seems to be all Arthur cares about.)

~ Pless
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:01 am

Post by sottyrulez »

^ Thanks for breaking it down even more, will look over it some point today.

~Sotty.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:17 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 2, Votecount 32

kuribo (1) - JasonT1981
Kise (6) - The Mini-Librarian, Cerulean, Ser Arthur Dayne, sottyrulez, Benmage, camn

BT (2) - Channeldelibird, kuribo
Ser Arthur Dayne (3) - Deasvail, Plessiezarus, Zdenek
sottyrulez (2) - Kise, Nostredeus

Not voting (2) :
ZONEACE, BT

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 22nd of February at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadlien: (expired on 2013-02-21 20:30:28)
  • No one is V/la!

I am V/la due to a bereavement. Apologies if the modding is a little slack over the next 4-5 days or so.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:56 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 1821, Kise wrote:
In post 1814, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 1804, Kise wrote:O...k.

pedit oh I'm at 6.
Well I'm that white guy you all were talking about, the lawyer. Doc. I stll think sotty is SK.

Where have we heard that before?

Kise is still scum.

No seriously. You're saying I'm scum for wanting to be lynched after 2 of my teammates are down. That's a bad excuse to continue sitting on a lurker.

Oh yeah, here's you saying what you wouldn't do as scum now. Cool.

Also the post you're quoting is pointing out the fact that the premise of us being SK is not new. It was first advanced by TGAH after they were lynched, and it seems to be the foundation on which you are voting for us now.

Oh yeah, and scum totally claim doctor in a bind. It's like the oldest trick in the book.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:15 am

Post by BT »

There's a bigger problem with that, actually.

Considering he claimed doc.

Why the fuck would you want to be lynched as doc?
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:20 am

Post by BT »

In post 1823, DeasVail wrote:
So, first the reason for not lynching Kise is lack of wagon analysis once he is lynched. (And I agree with Cerulean that this is scummy, but don't think it indicates buddies as much as BT-scum)

Next, it's totally about Kise's slot potentially being more readable and you don't even know why Cerulean would think it was the former.

What does the second part even mean?

You're definitely on the to-read list. Your me-read crept from slight town to this with consistently meh reasons.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 am

Post by BT »

I mean, yeah.

In post 1145, DeasVail wrote:Kise slot is null. BT is null with maybe a hint of town.

In post 1451, DeasVail wrote:BT's says that the thread points pretty strongly to kuribo-scum, but all he really says is "his macho doesn't seem town-fueled". You don't get to go all "ew 1v1 lynch" and then talk about how you just can't decide between Kuribo and Sotty, because Kuribo is
actually
really scummy.

[...]

I'll probably make a decision as to what I want to do and read over some people like BT and Nost, maybe Sotty this weekend.

In post 1621, DeasVail wrote:
[...]

PEdit: Reading that [BT's] post, I think he's trying too hard to address the points, when in some of the cases he doesn't really have anything to say (particularly the Shadoweh kill, but the whole post gives me that kind of vibe).

In post 1823, DeasVail wrote:So, first the reason for not lynching Kise is lack of wagon analysis once he is lynched. (And I agree with Cerulean that this is scummy, but don't think it indicates buddies as much as BT-scum)

Next, it's totally about Kise's slot potentially being more readable and you don't even know why Cerulean would think it was the former.

Yeah....

I may get up other stuff I think of him later, but he's officially a scumread now. I don't know whether I'd prefer him or SAD if the Kise wagon falls apart, but I'll stay on SAD for now.

I may have been a little too harsh saying "meh reasons" but I generally thought they were a bit underwhelming and I guess this just doesn't sit well with me considering it was a weak side thing that crept up to "I don't know whether I'd prefer him or SAD". I literally had to make him say "scummy" in response to the third post.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 1830, BT wrote:There's a bigger problem with that, actually.

Considering he claimed doc.

Why the fuck would you want to be lynched as doc?

Why the fuck would you want to be lynched as just about anything else?

I mean your logic is accurate but not unique to doctors.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:41 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 1819, Nostredeus wrote:So:

I'm not lynching kise; the wagon has all of my scum reads on it and the claim is potentially solid.

Besides sotty, where do your reads currently stand? One of your last post mentioned willing to compromise on Arthur, but you seem to have changed your mind.

~ Zar.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:44 am

Post by BT »

Or in other words your read's strength doesn't match your words which makes it more likely you're scum worrying their stance is too weak (it seems more like a tacked on scum read than an honest progression from a townie). Supporting this is him not going through with reading me and instead going with these weak points. He doesn't even mention any connection to absta which seemed to be the most convincing point against me.

PEdit: Powerrole play means he'd be much more hesitant to just go "lynch me", in case it actually happens and he'd be forced to claim. Normal lurk townies don't care as much.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:45 am

Post by BT »

So correct that to "why would you taunt people like that as doc"

It's really fucking fishy
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:46 am

Post by BT »

VOTE: Kise

I do want to read some stuff today. This is vote #7.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:47 am

Post by BT »

I also think what I just said about DV not commenting on the absta connection means he pretty much hasn't bothered getting an accurate read on me
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 1835, BT wrote:PEdit: Powerrole play means he'd be much more hesitant to just go "lynch me", in case it actually happens and he'd be forced to claim. Normal lurk townies don't care as much.

You seem to be arguing that he wouldn't post 1434 if he was actually a doctor. That seems to argue in favor of him not being a power role. (At least a town aligned one anyway.)
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Oh, I should have previewed, that does seem to be where you're at.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 am

Post by BT »

Well yeah

It argues that he shouldn't be a doctor

In which case he shouldn't be town
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:52 am

Post by camn »

sottyrulez wrote:Oh yeah, and scum totally claim doctor in a bind. It's like the oldest trick in the book.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:55 am

Post by kuribo »

Eh, I've done it as a power role.

In this very game actually. Although neighborizors are pretty damn useless.

Hell for some reason whenever I'm doc, I manage to softclaim so obviously that I get killed.

I tend to believe kise. I don't think luring a doc into a counterclaim would be productive scum strategy at this stage.
On the other hand, I've done exactly that before to set people up for my buddies to find.

On the third hand I still hate Lurker lynching.

On the fourth hand, people only have two hands anyway.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:57 am

Post by BT »

In post 1843, kuribo wrote:
I tend to believe kise. I don't think luring a doc into a counterclaim would be productive scum strategy at this stage.
On the other hand, I've done exactly that before to set people up for my buddies to find.

Scum lost two teammates and it's D2. Kise lynch would have gone through easily without a solid claim. Boom, solid claim, too bad it doesn't make sense.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:00 am

Post by BT »

I'd have suggested that the real doctor cc normally, actually, because we have this early lead, but thankfully we don't need to do that now.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:03 am

Post by kuribo »

And frankly I'd rather see myself lynched than watch BT rope an uncountered doc

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:05 am

Post by kuribo »

No, you're talking about saving the scum a nightkill. Rope the doc today, kill mod confirmed Zdenek tonight?

Fuck that. Fuck all of that.

BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 am

Post by BT »

Oh right, you're biased

What makes you think the real doctor would cc given that the lynch is going well without him doing that?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 am

Post by kuribo »

BT, you don't want anyone to CC, but you're willing to take the chance of lynching kise if he's doc?

But if kise is doc, we still lose a doc. If he gets countered, we still lose a doc but at least the.CC is caught scum. And we make them do their own killing.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”