Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 773, wind-up wrote:I haven't gone into depth on too many other players yet because I like to think that on the off chance I'm getting things right I might as well not say much in an effort to stick around. ^__^

That said, I'm not particularly averse to any of the other current wagons except Kthxbye's. And scooby's, I guess, but to a much lesser degree.

Who in a right town mind would ever say that first paragraph?

I think attention shoould be guven to windup tomorrow for that line alone.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Post by wind-up »

Voidedmafia why exactly is that a scummy thing to say?
Staying put means giving up.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by wind-up »

I think you're scummy for thinking that's scummy.

Someone should adjudicate.
Staying put means giving up.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Post by shos »

Weeeellll.

That was a loong read

!vote the mini librarian

This is valid right?

If tml is a townie sib, then.a town sib would have claimed.
One didmt, so either the other is scum, or nonexisting, aka tml scum.

Either way scum die.
Lynch ahoy.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by Shmugen »

Why would a town sib claim? There's no reason to. If they're town, scum might try to kill them and accidentally kill scumTML, which is good. If TML is town, then scum get a twofer. Either way scum win with knowledge.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:05 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Judging by the trial setups, siblings are conftown. He could of course be a fakeclaiming lover, but I'm not sure I see that. TML's sibling shouldn't claim yet.

If it's only between scooby and TML, which given the approaching DL makes sense, I would much prefer scooby. I'll vote TML to avoid an NL, as I'm not certain about his claim, but would prefer someone else.
Wandering but not lost
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 731, Zang wrote:Once again, I have no way to defend myself against this besides simply saying that it is my general playsyle.

Really? Let's see another game, then. Because I honestly don't believe that. Look at your own play, you're doing a coasting tactic, questioning. It means that you're still posting, but always putting the attention elsewhere. Your answers haven't been particularly helpful, either. In fact, none of the posts have ever addressed something more than theory. The exception is this:

In post 579, Zang wrote:Deadline is coming soon and MrObvious is not going to be lynched. As I said, I went through his ISO and I think that he's probably scum. Post 155 is his reads list, with the exception of his reads on luckyjt and Kthnx he doesn't explain any of them further despite being asked numerous times. This is probably one of the biggest reasons why I think he is scum. He then votes for a lurker, something I completely disagree with especially so early into the game. His vote for luckyjt is also hilariously hypocritical, although I don't think his reasoning in post 349 is that bad. I disagree with his case on kthnx for reasons I explained to shos. Another thing I find incredibly scummy is that he never responds to kthnx's defence. For example, in post 417-418 he says that kthnx is scummy for suggesting that MrObvious should selfhammer. Kthnx explains his motivation for saying this in several posts since then, most notably in post 490. However, scooby completely ignores this and comes back in post 501 asking when kthnx is going to be lynched. I also have no idea where he got kthnx being at L-1 from.

And this isn't very smart. You believe MrO is scum, but would rather lynch scooby, even though there was a lot of support to lynch MrO. You don't even make an attempt to explain your scooby vote. So, your most formed argument, and you vote for somebody else. The rest of your game? Talking theory. Recently, "Lovers can't be this, this or this". Constantly REPEATING that as if we didn't hear it, or that it's acceptable for you to continuously post like that.

I'd quote specific posts, but it literally is every single post. If it is a playstyle, it's awful. Look at your posts: 731, 733, 736, 744, 748 all are based on mentioning SOMETHING about sibblings role. Why do we need to hear it 5 times, when sometimes you devote whole posts to this? For example, people have voted for you, yet you rarely address something in more than one line.

Kthx has to be town, fyi. Even if he isn't, right now he's the town's sk and throughout the game, he'll be because he's claimed and can only kill the people the town asks him to if he is SK. But SK would have to claim something else besides poisoner. Even at a weird role such as a town vig poisoner, I don't see it flying as sk.

You people can lynch me, that's fine. But give me one more day if you'd so please. Hell, my claim isn't going to save me. I've had only 1 day to post after having completely caught up and organized my reads. I think I know who the scum is. So I make this offer: I'm town, take that at face value right now. Pick someone who you have a lot on, and give me one day to show you that I am most assuredly town. If I fail, lynch me then. But I can assure you I'll find scum tomorrow.
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

I like this AJ wagon. I've never liked that slot. Recent posting hasn't particularly helped his case either.

!vote AJ

I'm sick right now so hopefully i'll be on later. No promises though.
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:30 am

Post by Leafsnail »

In post 780, serrapaladin wrote:Judging by the trial setups, siblings are conftown.

We have had ONE trial setup where both siblings are town. One. Seriously.
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

Yeah there's no guarantee that both siblings ar town. It just says that "sometimes" that one sibling is mafia. Not sure how that works percentage wise.
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 am

Post by serrapaladin »

I hadn't realized that Xylbot uses a different definition of Siblings to the wiki. In that case, why shouldn't the other sibling claim?
Wandering but not lost
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Zang »

Ok, MrObvious. Your posts make no sense at all. You are either scum or one of the worst players I've seen. I've completely debunked your reasoning for voting me but you ignore it and continue voting me.

MrObvious wrote:"Sibling (town; common; 5+ players): If your sibling dies, you die as well.
Sometimes
one sibling (but not both) is mafia."

The sometimes refers to the possibility of there being one mafia in a sibling pair. The not both refers to the impossibility of there being two mafia.

MrObvious wrote:Besides, TML referred to Lover in his claim. Lover is not in the Xylbot list. If TML was referring to the Xylbot list, he would have referred to Lovestruck Townie. I'm inclined to believe he claimed sibling in the wiki sense.

TML referred to lovers to make it easier to understand the claim as lovers are more well know of a role than siblings. Why would he look on the Xylbot list for a refrence to make his role easier to understand? Unless you think he's fake claiming, he would have gotten the Xylbot role as his role, he wouldn't have to look it up anywhere.

MrObvious wrote:If TML is telling the truth, we should lynch him because there is a high likelihood that he or his sibling is scum.

No, I'll vote him if he ends up being the biggest lynch before deadline but now, the only thing that would happen from me changing my vote would be a popular wagon with one less vote before deadline. We need to lynch someone and with only two people voting him now, it's unlikely to be TML.

MrObvious wrote:4) TML is telling the truth and is town and his sibling is town. This is the least likely possibility in my mind.

Why is this the least likeliest possibility?

MrObvious wrote:From the wiki, which the xylbot list is surely inspired by...

Is the Xylbot roles inspired by the wiki? Most likely. However, it does not change the fact that the sibiling role can not be anything but what is described in the Xylbot list, the wiki means nothing in this game.

wind-up wrote:What original question?

Ok, looking back it wasn't an actual question. However, his statement still did not explain how people thought he was scum for scumhunting and I was trying to point that out.

shos wrote:If tml is a townie sib, then.a town sib would have claimed.

No, they should not. The last thing scum need now is more claims.

Aj wrote:Really? Let's see another game, then.

My recent games finished as town:

Inbetweeners Mafia

Reverse Mafia Redux

Doctor Who Mafia

Aj wrote:It means that you're still posting, but always putting the attention elsewhere. Your answers haven't been particularly helpful, either. In fact, none of the posts have ever addressed something more than theory. The exception is this:

I don't understand this. You think I'm scum because I ask more questions than I answer? That's scumhunting, not coasting. I do answer questions whenever they are asked though.

I don't understand how you think that is an exception

Aj wrote:You believe MrO is scum, but would rather lynch scooby, even though there was a lot of support to lynch MrO. You don't even make an attempt to explain your scooby vote.

What? MrObvious had only two other votes on him and at that point and with his claim, it was almost impossible for him to be lynched today. How is that a lot of support? Also, How did I not explain my scooby vote? You quoted my explanation.

Aj wrote:Recently, "Lovers can't be this, this or this". Constantly REPEATING that as if we didn't hear it, or that it's acceptable for you to continuously post like that.

MrObvious clearly isn't listening, he is completely incorrect, and not just that but he is using it as an excuse to vote for me.

Aj wrote:For example, people have voted for you, yet you rarely address something in more than one line.

Look back at the people who have voted me, nobody had an actual case against me. There was nothing more to say than one line.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:08 am

Post by MrObvious »

!unvote
!vote TML
"MrObvious clearly isn't listening" ~Zang
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 am

Post by MrObvious »

Zang, the reason I was voting you was because it was down to you or AJ. I was under the belief that AJ had soft claimed. That left you. You deserve to die for misrepping me and outting the Town Doctor, that is why I wasn't quick to move my vote off you.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 776, wind-up wrote:Voidedmafia why exactly is that a scummy thing to say?

What, exactly, is the town motivation in practically saying "Well, I know that I haven't been here, but in case I'm possibly correct in my suspicions I'm effectively not going to do anything else to help others agree with my suspicions or give any reasons why my suspects should be pressured in the following day/s just so I can stick around a little bit longer"?

What, exactly, do we benefit from you keeping your trap shut about why we should suspect who you suspect when, if your suspects are indeed scum, that action prevents others from using your reasonings to lynch/possibly vig scum?

In post 778, shos wrote:If tml is a townie sib, then.a town sib would have claimed.
One didmt, so either the other is scum, or nonexisting, aka tml scum.

This makes...zero sense. (well, it makes slight sense if TML is the scum sibling or fakeclaiming scum, yes, but without such confirmation such as a rolecop or an actual flip this makes no sense).

why
should the other sibling (town or scum) claim now? There's very little reason to do so on Day 1. But there's been ample reasoning for them not to claim right now.
2. This barely tries to account for TML possibly being town, and what does try to account for that doesn't even look sound. "If tML is town sib, a town sib would claim. No town sib claimed, so TML is scum!", seriously? You're missing a good chunk of intermittent arguments and conditionals between your first conditional and your conclusion that would make the conclusion even be remotely true.

In post 784, The Mini-Librarian wrote:Yeah there's no guarantee that both siblings ar town. It just says that "sometimes" that one sibling is mafia. Not sure how that works percentage wise.

I'd assume it's a 50/50 split, just in case,

!Mafia Help Siblings
!Mafia Help Sibling

(Just in case one or the other is incorrect)

In post 785, serrapaladin wrote:I hadn't realized that Xylbot uses a different definition of Siblings to the wiki. In that case, why shouldn't the other sibling claim?

In post 779, Shmugen wrote:Why would a town sib claim? There's no reason to. If they're town, scum might try to kill them and accidentally kill scumTML, which is good. If TML is town, then scum get a twofer. Either way scum win with knowledge.

This reasoning still looks pretty sound to me. And if they're scum, why should they risk a vig (let's say Obv, hypothetically) offing TML tonight or any other night because they think TML is the scumsib? Of course, the answer can vary depending on how the game goes, but still, I think the benefits of keeping the other sibling hidden outweigh the risks.

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Zang »

MrObvious wrote:Zang, the reason I was voting you was because it was down to you or AJ. I was under the belief that AJ had soft claimed. That left you. You deserve to die for misrepping me and outting the Town Doctor, that is why I wasn't quick to move my vote off you.

Are you admitting that you were wrong about the siblings role or that you never actually believed it?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Zang »

Also Aj, I think you're at L-1.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

<XylBot> ||| MAFIABOT || VOTE COUNT (7 to lynch) |||

<XylBot> ||| MAFIABOT || Kthxbye - 1 (Katsuki) |||
<XylBot> ||| MAFIABOT || The_Mini-Librarian - 3 (wind-up shos MrObvious) |||
<XylBot> ||| MAFIABOT || scooby - 3 (serrapaladin Shmugen Voidedmafia) |||
<XylBot> ||| MAFIABOT || Aj_The_Epic - 5 (Kthxbye scooby Zang Leafsnail The_Mini-Librarian) |||
<XylBot> ||| MAFIABOT || Zang - 1 (Aj_The_Epic) |||

In post 789, Voidedmafia wrote:!Mafia Help Sibling

||| MAFIABOT || Sibling (town; common; 5+ players): If your sibling dies, you die as well. Sometimes one sibling (but not both) is mafia.

Deadline: (expired on 2013-02-21 01:56:51)
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:40 am

Post by serrapaladin »

I'd be fine with an AJ lynch. 781 is a pretty weak final stand.

!vote Aj_The_Epic

(L-1)
Wandering but not lost
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:52 am

Post by MrObvious »

In post 790, Zang wrote:
Are you admitting that you were wrong about the siblings role or that you never actually believed it?

You are one dense MF'r.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Zang is definitely scum. Refer to my last post, it's more true in death then it will be in life.

I claim VT. I have no powers, though if no one is forthcoming with lover, I wonder if the Xylbot might give that as a hidden role. Also watch Serra tomorrow. He most likely will not be able to verify whatever power he has, so you might be in trouble.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

...really, Aj? You don't see any sense in Zang's posts, especially if hou take some of the topics in context?

MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:07 am

Post by MrObvious »

In post 796, Voidedmafia wrote:...really, Aj? You don't see any sense in Zang's posts, especially if hou take some of the topics in context?

Zang has pretty much talked out of his ass since the game started. You've been right there to breathe it all in!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:13 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Uh-huh. Zang was totally talking out of his ass regarding the Sibling role, or the "misrep" (which AJ HIMSELF admitted wasn't a misrep), or when his questions and such are part of his scumhunting playstyle?

You really need to readjust your definition of "talking out of your ass"

MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 am

Post by MrObvious »

In post 798, Voidedmafia wrote:Uh-huh. Zang was totally talking out of his ass regarding the Sibling role, or the "misrep" (which AJ HIMSELF admitted wasn't a misrep), or when his questions and such are part of his scumhunting playstyle?

You really need to readjust your definition of "talking out of your ass"

I don't care what anyone admitted, it was a misrep, he spent at least 10 pages on it. You breathed in and savored every fart of it. I'll give him the xylbot roles, I didn't know there were separate xylbot roles until yesterday.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”