Gay Mafia II: RIDE THE LIGHTNING (Game Over)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3881, dramonic wrote:Are you fine with, or do you WANT Zoid first.
For reasons I stated earlier, we should lynch DGB before zoid, because she could be either.

Zoraster is scum, man.

You ought to know there is no way I'm scum with Wyrd or SPB. I'll accept that you might consider SK because nothing rules it out. But mafia? Please.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Iecerint »

If we lose because Om is terrible at reading Mod messages, that is an interesting story for me to tell my grandchildren, so I am not really worried about Zora being scum.

Unless Reck games have a history of mod-lies or something.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:15 am

What worries me is an ability to pass on a message that could be misleading.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:22 am

Post by zoraster »

Well, either such a message would say something like: "You got a message last night that said...." or it'd be bastard. There is no third option here.

Do you think that Om, who was screaming for my lynch the day before, would be likely to misread a PM and just assume I was town? I suspect he would take any PM that sounded like it came from a player with deep skepticism. But that didn't happen.

by the way, waiting on a response from the mod for something else right now.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 am

In post 3903, zoraster wrote:Do you think that Om, who was screaming for my lynch the day before, would be likely to misread a PM and just assume I was town?

Om is seven years old.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:28 am

In post 3903, zoraster wrote:by the way, waiting on a response from the mod for something else right now.

Is that a question about some pressing concern you have about scum vs. SK winning, that you shouldn't care about if you were town, which you are not?

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:30 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 3903, zoraster wrote:Do you think that Om, who was screaming for my lynch the day before, would be likely to misread a PM and just assume I was town?

Yes, as a matter of fact.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:32 am

Post by zoraster »

i know all this number stuff goes over your head or you just don't care, DGB, but that question had a purpose for town. But no, this question is highly relevant to town. or at least it may be depending on the answer.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:34 am

Post by zoraster »

And Om is 14, not stupid.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:13 am

In post 3907, zoraster wrote:i know all this number stuff goes over your head or you just don't care, DGB, but that question had a purpose for town. But no, this question is highly relevant to town. or at least it may be depending on the answer.

It's not relevant to town in the least. It's relevant to scum. Which is what zoraster is.

If zoraster were town, he would have reminded us to lynch you yesterday, instead of brushing me off categorically when I brought it up.

He is scum and his primary objective is to survive to end game.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:14 am

Zoraster is sounding desperate.

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:40 am

Post by zoraster »

because you've gotten so much traction from everyone else. I'm not getting lynched today because I am town-confirmed town. It's as simple as that. Your efforts to try and get rid of that certainty do nothing at best and actively hurt our ability to analyze the situation at worst.

Regardless, I'm still waiting for answers to both my public question and my private one.

MOD: Who wins in the case of SK vs. Mafia as the only ones left alive? NAR would have me believe that both would kill each other at the same time thus ending in a draw/everyone loses situation, but I'd like to confirm that.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:49 am

In post 3911, zoraster wrote:MOD: Who wins in the case of SK vs. Mafia as the only ones left alive?

Zoraster pretends not to know this depends on what powers each have left...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:49 am

In post 3911, zoraster wrote:my private one

Oh and there's a private question. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:57 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 3912, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3911, zoraster wrote:MOD: Who wins in the case of SK vs. Mafia as the only ones left alive?

Zoraster pretends not to know this depends on what powers each have left...

i am not asking based on the potential power roles that scum may have. Anyway, the roles that seem most likely are mafia redirector and SK Bulletproof. In the redirector case it makes no difference unless they allow a redirector to redirect someone back at them, which doesn't seem likely. In the case of the SK BP, then the SK presumably wins outright, though that's not necessarily definite (I think there was an MD thread fairly recently that discussed endgame with SK BP and there was some disagreement on how to handle that. I'll see if either of our mods commented), but that doesn't change the desire for an answer to the question. Why does having this question answered bother you?

And yes. There is the private question. Tough shit.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:06 am

Post by zoraster »

meh. i think the thread I was thinking of didn't really dive into that that much: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23668 (although magua does say "I sidestep these problems entirely by having my serial killers win if everyone dies, and win if they get into a 1v1." I don't really think magua is the standard though).
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 am

Any hopes of X-kills are mitigated by the fact that if Ice is town, probably both scumzors are going to take a shot at him.

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 am

Post by zoraster »

why in the world would they do that?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:19 am

Post by zoraster »

I have an answer to my private question (mostly, need a slight clarification that isn't that important overall). The response was that the one mod would need to consult the other (UT needs to consult Reck) before answering the SK vs. Mafia question. Once I have that answer, I can determine how to proceed.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:16 pm

In post 3918, zoraster wrote:I can determine how to proceed.

Guys we're not going to let the scum determine how we're going to proceed, are we?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:56 pm

Guys I'm all alone duking it with the obv scum.

HALP

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

TL;DR

(1) Zoraster flew under the radar all game and suddenly now he's interested and every second post is his.
(2) He voted seldom, but all his votes were on scum, and one quasi-scum. That is un-natural.
(3) He categorically refused to discuss his possible lynch yesterday in light of his claimed Hated status.
(4) He's obsessing about which scum faction is going to win, something no townie should care about.
(5) He's sending secret questions to the mod, why would a townie do this?
(6) There are too many possible flaws in his so-called "town-confirmation" - such as the confirmation on Day 3 when it should have been Day 2, post Traitor-recruitment, the killing of OmNom to seal the deal on the next night, his fake surprise that HE was so-called confirmed to OmNom when his fakeclaim says that the confirmed player's indentity is unknown.
(7) Zoraster is clever enough to invent a Hated status to avoid X-kills from the other scum faction.
(8) The "confirmed townie" who couldn't be bothered ALL GAME, now tries to take control of the game.
(9) The scum team with its extra kill Night 4, the Governor that gives the scum another night of kills, and the Bookie which may or may not have netted more NKs, is grossly overpowered, something that a Hated Mafiate fixes.

Please someone read the above and confirm that I'm not crazy.

Thank you.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:06 pm

In post 3901, Iecerint wrote:If we lose because Om is terrible at reading Mod messages, that is an interesting story for me to tell my grandchildren, so I am not really worried about Zora being scum.

Unless Reck games have a history of mod-lies or something.

Take your blinders off, Ice.

Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by Sir Elton Hercules John »

In post 3911, zoraster wrote:
MOD: Who wins in the case of SK vs. Mafia as the only ones left alive? NAR would have me believe that both would kill each other at the same time thus ending in a draw/everyone loses situation, but I'd like to confirm that.
that would depend on how those wincons are worded.
Zoidberg
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Post by Zoidberg »

Why don't we just no-lynch?

We'll only get one flip, yes, but the numbers tomorrow will be the same as if we lynched and Iece JK'ed successfully.

It would still be in scum/SK's interests to kill off the other faction, and I find it hard to believe that they don't have a pretty good idea whom the other is.
I finally learned what it's like to be a grandmother; subjugated, yet honored.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”