Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1900 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by Boniface »

Hello everyone. Just replaced in. Got 75 pages to read before I have anything worthwhile to contribute. See y'all in the morning, at least by Florida time.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1904 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Post by Boniface »

Okay, I'm only on page 10, but looking at the early game....UVApe, Ztife, & Jal, all three of you replaced scummy looking players. By the time I catch up to page 77, can you tell me something to convince me you're town?
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1923 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Boniface »

Baby Spice, on the contrary, maybe I'm subconciously biased because I know what role pm PMysterious got, (Hint, its the same as mine) but unless he did something dumb in between page 55 and now, he's just kind of laid low. Not that he played an aggresively pro-town game either, but I don't think I need to grovel to the rest of the town to prove my alleigance.

Other thoughts: The early but persistant wagon on thezmon was weird.

I think ArcAngel is town, but I still have 20 pages to go.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1930 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 am

Post by Boniface »

I didn't see the reason for it and seemed to stay a lot longer then it should. I don't get scum vibes from Thez.

UNVOTE: Ztife

I don't want to lynch Ztife. I think we should let him through the night. The errors in his flavor are suspicious, definitely, but on the off chance he really is town, I don't want lynching him on our hands. If he truly is a doctor, the scum will probably make short work of him tonight anyway, so why waste our lynch? We'll figure out what to do with him tomorrow, perhaps we'll have more information then.

Anyone jumping on the ArcAngel wagon is looking very opportunistic. Baby Spice, your trying to use an oddly worded sentence as a scumtell. You've been playing the whole game with her, all she says are oddly worded sentences! Skyhook and Baby Spice are either scum looking for an easy false bandwagon or lazy townies trying to look like their scumhunting hard when they're just going for easy targets. How is it page 78 and people are doing the same things they were doing back when SlySly was arguing inanely with her! Funny that SlySly and Skyhook are the same person.

VOTE: Skyhook
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1939 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 am

Post by Boniface »

In post 1911, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 1901, Skyhook wrote:
In post 1159, ArcAngel9 wrote:firstly, Wow, Town is having lucky day. A scum who dug his own grave, how often that happens!!!!

Yes,
Town
sure is having a lucky day! Too bad you're not town, right?

Jeep's gloating tell. Also referring to town in the third person like AA's not part of it.

Unvote
Vote ArcAngel

Here. You and Skyhook are claiming AA's use of town in the third person is a scumtell worth a vote. A grammar point. When this whole game AA's grammar has been questionable. It's opportunistic to target someone based on their use of English when it's clear English isn't their first language, and therefore less of a scumtell then if it had been done by someone who types very proficiently.

And you know what? I messed up. I meant Thez, not Theo in that first post. I got the names confused. HeatherA, unseencamo and Thez all made scummy first impressions, but things have changed since page 10. HeatherA is replaced by Jal, who I don't have much of a read on now, unseencamo turned into Ztife, who has certainly made himself a center of attention and may be scum, but I don't want to risk it, and I changed my mind about Thezmon somewhere during my read. Sorry for the error. In my defense, it was a lot of reading, and a lot of players to absorb.

And Nacho, I completely see your point, and if he dies and flips scum you have every right to say I told you so, but I just think we're gonna feel so dumb if we lynch our doctor on day one....although, supposedly, we do have a backup.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1996 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Boniface »

In post 1988, JacobSavage wrote:
ArcAngel9 wrote: I don’t want to fight, get into arguments and get killed by Mafia in day 1 or night 1. I rather try to save my self before scum hunting

To all of those who are so against an ArcAngel wagon please explain why this post is if not scum motivated?

I think that to someone like AA, the point of the game, town or scum, is to last to the end of the game, or for at least as long as possible. They see getting lynched or killed during the night as "losing." regardless of their alingment. It's difficult for them to grasp that this is a team sport, and the objective is for the town to win. Whether you're there on the last day or dead on night one, a town win is still a win.

It's not a good thing, and that kind of attitude doesn't help the town, but I think it's easy to see why it would be believed, especially with a player like AA. Basically I don't believe ArcAngel is going to help us in this game, but she's not gonna hurt us either, and we have more important people to attend to.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2028 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Post by Boniface »

UNVOTE: Skyhook

Logic says that their is no limit to how long a day can go. More time, more information, more assurity that we're making the right move.

But, unfortunately, humanity says something elsewise. If this game was played by robots, we could keep a day going for months. But look around, everyone's tired, everyone's getting over it, and no one is making as fresh, acute observations and no one is playing as well as they would have if this day was half as long. People get tired and bored, that's just the nature of people.

So it looks like its time for Boniface to jump on a wagon, and all though none of them are standing out as obviscum to me at all, I'm going to throw my vote on the only one who's campaigning extra hard to lynch of someone who very well might be our doctor. I just don't see how a townsperson would think it wise to risk it.

VOTE: LlamaFluff
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2113 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Post by Boniface »

Ah.....wow, I feel like I might regret this.

But Llama, you make good points about the doctor (who might not even be a doctor)'s potential alighment.

And Nacho, you're at the top of my town list by leaps and bounds. If you think voting Llama is dumb, I can't help but respect that.

And, I think I need to be self-aware enough to get over my own stubberness about not lynching claimed docs no matter what. It's a matter of trusting my gut which says DON'T LYNCH ZTIFE vs. my brain which says, wow, Ztife's claim is actually really illogical, and yeah, it's more then possible for a town alligned doctor to make an awkward unruly soft claim, but even if he is doctor, he might not even be town....

....as much as I try to pretend he's perfectly justified, I can't shake the awkwardness of "first aid tool box".....that sounds like something from "Putt-Putt Goes to The Moon"

So, Nacho, so Llama, if Ztife flips scum, you've earned my respect, admiration, and hugs. If he flips town doc, I'm gonna feel like the most gigantic dumbass and might not stop face palming all game. Ugh, but here we go.

UNVOTE: LlamaFluff
VOTE: Ztife

At risk of sounding superficial, I'm just as ready for this day to end as anyone else. The length throwing my priorities off.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2157 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by Boniface »

Wow...weird scum.....Nacho and Llama pressed so hard to lynch Ztife, I surely thought scum was gonna spare at least one of them to answer to the town for leading the bandwagon that ended up lynching the doctor. but nope. they're dead, and vanilla at that. Okay.

I have this weird gut feeling that the only reason our host made a point to potentially delay the start of day until killerjester was replaced indicates that killerjester was scum. For a townsperson replacement, you throw them to the wolves, let them catch up as soon as they can....but if killerj was scum, and inactive, then the next day couldn't start until he was replaced, because he needed to kill someone, and if he was inactive, he wouldn't submit who he wanted to kill.

So. Even though theirs at least two parties of scum and maybe a serial killer or a vig or something, for now, until I hear more from our new friend Matt

VOTE: MattP
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2277 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Boniface »

would it be logical to assume that the plus 5 vote came from someone who already had a vote on AJ or someone who wasn't voting at all? And it's almost definitely scum, because no townsperson would jump on the chance to do a quick surprise lynch like that.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2292 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Boniface »

MattP also wasn't voting at the time of the lynch. It doesn't seem likely to me that someone would cast a vote, and then later have the ability to add five more votes after the fact. The fact that it says "? x5" implies to me that whoever "?" was, they activated something at the time of their vote which made their vote get multiplied. I think "?" is almost definitely scum jumping at the chance to force a mislynch. And the scummiest person not voting at the time of the lynch is definitely MattP.

But, playing devil's advocate to myself, everything I just said is speculation at best. But I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for indicators of who "?" is, because if we find out, that should be our next lynch. Did anybody happen to be online when the lynch happened?
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2313 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:45 am

Post by Boniface »

Thez, in the first comment you quoted, I think MattP knows his slot's alignment. He meant he was checking to see if the player he replaced played in a way that looked protown or if he was going to have to worry about having a target on his back, regardless of his alightment.

Town wouldn't have to worry about that

VOTE: MattP
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2388 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:46 am

Post by Boniface »

when you get a chance DeasVail, what do you think of your slot?
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2403 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by Boniface »

I'm not seeing Albus' scumminess as much as others. Most of the biggest posters are dead. Things have slowed down significantly today. Theres a lot of people we haven't heard from. jmj, where are you? Skyhook? Edo?
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2406 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Boniface »

But at this point the town can't afford to lose another vanilla. Lets say Albus is lurking, let's say he's lazy. He's skating along, watching the game more then playing it. Can you really blame him? After the long drag this game had, I think it would take a superhuman to stay 100% focused. So, let's say he's town but lazy, starts to get some pressure, and says to himself "oh crap better man up and make a solid post!" we can't afford to lose anymore town, Albus knows this. Winning outweighs laziness. I don't think thats a scum tell. I think we should lynch DeasVail unless they somehow miraculous explain away all of MattP/KJ's transgressions, even tho I feel bad lynching someone who just replaced in, game comes first. Also, I wish scum would kill AA. I think she's town but a waste of space. Not worth wasting a lunch on, but completely worthless for the rest of us.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2455 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm

Post by Boniface »

I want Albus to claim
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2487 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Post by Boniface »

In post 2483, Albus Dumbledore wrote:Hey Boniface, this isn't the first or even second time I've seen you down there since your last post.

Ah, yeah. I don't always have something to say, but I'm still following everything.

Albus, genuinely, my gut says your town. but my gut isn't always right.

I want to put pressure on you, I want you to claim, I want everyone to figure out if you are town or not so we can stop wasting time and either lynch you or move on. I'm nervous to vote for you because the scum has a way of moving fast this game, and I'm not convinced you're scum. I don't want you to be the next AJ. I'm curious about you because so many people seem to think your scum, but I don't necessarily think you are, and I just want more information on you for the sake of everyone.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2531 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by Boniface »

Slaandar's in no danger of being lynched

I think AA is town because I just can't see scum playing that obviously over-the-top bad.

I wish there was a way to eliminate AA from this game without wasting a lynch on her.

I think Jal & Thezmon are town.

I'm curious about the wagon on Albus.

I want to lynch DeasVail, but I would be okay, I suppose, with lynching Edosurist or Skyhook.

I think there's so many scum left in this game compared to town, that our chances of mislynching, even if we were horribly misguided, are pretty slim
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2567 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:06 am

Post by Boniface »

In post 2550, Jal wrote:
In post 2531, Boniface wrote:I want to lynch DeasVail, but I would be okay, I suppose, with lynching Edosurist or Skyhook.

Of you want to lynch him, why aren't you voting for him?

I am voting him.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2568 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:09 am

Post by Boniface »

And Deas, I am keeping up to date, but there's a good deal of things said that don't do anything for me. This is my first game in quite a few years, I'm definitely rusty, and I feel like I don't have as much to say.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2590 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Boniface »

UNVOTE: DeasVail

VOTE: JacobSavage

If we're going to move one of the wagons forming forward, I think it should be this one
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2677 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 am

Post by Boniface »

Slaandar, it's scum's goal to lynch scum?

and why is role fishing bad if it gives the town more information on a questionable player? It's not hurting us to figure out if JacobSavage should be lynched or not.

It's similar to why I wanted to know more about Albus. I was leaning towards him being town, but seeing enough people climb on his wagon made me question if I was missing something. So I asked for more information to see if something would trigger me moving off the fence.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2682 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Boniface »

But if you claimed vanilla there would be no incentive to night kill you at all. Are you implying that you have an important role, Jacob?

And DeasVail, why not vote JacobSavage?
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2729 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 am

Post by Boniface »

Bumi was killed by the vigilante. I'm assuming the rest were red kills. Do you guys think that AJ's lynch was brought on by red scum, blue scum, or someone else? And Slandaar, would it make sense that a red scum would know for sure who the blue scum are targeting in a multiball game like this, with all the other factors? I don't see Red being let in on any of Blue's decision makings
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2731 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Boniface »

I don't know. but it says it the flavor of njoseph's death that he had the wires used to kill Bumi, so that one is definite.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2742 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by Boniface »

AA, why did you hammer Jacob without waiting for him to claim? Were you just being careless?
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2767 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Boniface »

If AA is scum and hiding behind making stupid mistakes, we're all gonna feel dumb. What if she knew that no one would hold prematurely hammering against her as a scumtell, since everyone's used to that kind of stuff, so she gets away with lynching someone she knows is town, or at least not in her scum group.

And Darthe, help me out, I'm not seeing what your seeing. Where is the Jal/Baby Spice connection?
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2769 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am

Post by Boniface »

I think that making stupid mistakes and acting careless is a great mask for scum to hide behind. Like hammering JacobSavage and then immediately saying "oh, was that hammer? I didn't know!" What kind of player doesn't pay attention to how many votes have been cast? I find it hard to believe that you genuinely didn't know. And then Darthe voted for Jacob too, even though he had already gotten nine votes. What's interesting is that Darthe now doesn't show up on the final vote count as have voted JacobSavage. So when people look back on the end of the day for a reference in the future, Darthe's vote is going to completely slip under the radar. As far as I'm concered, both ArcAngel and Darthe are guilty of hammering prematurely. Even though Darthe didn't actually do the killing blow, he intended to.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2771 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Boniface »

You and your obsession with who's "scum-hunting" and who isn't. I'm scum hunting right now by asking you questions. So you don't actually read the whole thread and keep track of votes? You have no regrets for his lynch? He was town. We messed up by lynching him. Maybe if he hadn't been hammered he would have had time to defend himself and been able to get the wagon off of him. And, it's a ridiculously question, but I want to see how you answer it. Right back at you, what scum hunting have done? What have you done to help us?
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2774 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 am

Post by Boniface »

I think you've voted for every single player that's ever questioned any of your actions this entire game.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2776 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Boniface »

Do you really think I'm scum or are you just annoyed by me?
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2778 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:27 am

Post by Boniface »

You think I'm scum because I called you out for hammering when you shouldn't have, and because I don't believe that anyone who was actually focused reading the thread would have miscounted the votes. I called you out on something and you reacted exactly how I thought you would. The minute anyone pays any attention to you, you do whatever you can to deflect it onto the most conveniant person, usually whoever put pressure on you on the first place. You don't think I'm scum, you haven't suspected a single thing I've done since I've been here, but the minute I say "Hey everyone, look at this scummy thing that ArcAngel did" you immediantely reply with "No, Boniface is scum, not me!" It's like you panic and fly into a defensive mode, where all you want to do is divert suspicion from yourself, when a truly pro-town player would stay calm and have nothing to hide.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2785 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Boniface »

Thanks Darthe. Did you think that your vote was the hammer? and I would agree with your speculation about the scum teams....the NYPD had a jailkeeper which fits very nicely with their flavor. I would assume the bikers have a special role too, someone who would fit in with the stereotypical anarchist leather + spikes bikers they seem to be.

ArcAngel...I think defensive is a scum attitude. What does a townsperson have to be defensive about? what do you have to hide?
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2795 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Boniface »

You don't think it's easily assumable that red scum has some kind of special role simply because blue did? for the sake of having an even balanced game?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”