/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Norlkaz »

In post 104, Benmage wrote:
Hey everyone I have reads on pg 4!!!!post 82 Look how town I AM!!!!!

Yes

In post 84, Tierce wrote:
In post 82, Llamarble wrote:CTD - Putting a link into that short of a thought is scummy.
Please provide evidence for this and/or where you've thought this before.

^this. I was gonna say wtf reasoning.... but I like this question more.

Why is it interesting whether I have followed a line of reasoning before?
In post 96, Llamarble wrote:Johhog is comfortable / assertive.
"Whoa why did you get a different impression from mine" is town because town expect others to agree with them whereas mafia realize they have a different perspective.

Or scum, don't want to be the only one pushing a foolish train.

I think this is an inferior explanation of Johhog's post.

In post 96, Llamarble wrote:Shadoweh's "Then again I am a terrible judge of character" and "may not be good enough to do this" self deprecation posts sound town.
I'm never a fan of 'I am trying this once' or 'I wouldn't make this error as scum' though.

Really the self deprecation, seems like an easy excuse to later say... BLJhsdjGHZJDGJZ i SUCK at reading people...
see how consistent I am?

Fair enough; this is not a ridiculous idea, but why would scum do that?
In post 108, Benmage wrote:
Unvote vote llamarble

Nope
In post 78, Tierce wrote:
@Llamarble--why did you completely drop your previous lines of reasoning to vote Deas without commenting on posts made by your "previous" scum suspects?

There is only so much time in a day.
In post 115, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Was that a good wagon by the bye, Tierce? I don't remember.

This is a bizarre question.
In post 124, Empire wrote:
Unvote, vote: Llamarble

Nope
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Llamarble »

Hey everyone I have reads on pg 4!!!!post 82 Look how town I AM!!!!!

Yes

In post 82, Llamarble wrote:CTD - Putting a link into that short of a thought is scummy.

In post 96, Llamarble wrote:Johhog is comfortable / assertive.
"Whoa why did you get a different impression from mine" is town because town expect others to agree with them whereas mafia realize they have a different perspective.

Or scum, don't want to be the only one pushing a foolish train.

I think this is an inferior explanation of Johhog's post.

In post 96, Llamarble wrote:Shadoweh's "Then again I am a terrible judge of character" and "may not be good enough to do this" self deprecation posts sound town.
I'm never a fan of 'I am trying this once' or 'I wouldn't make this error as scum' though.

Really the self deprecation, seems like an easy excuse to later say... BLJhsdjGHZJDGJZ i SUCK at reading people...
see how consistent I am?

Fair enough; this is not a ridiculous idea, but why would scum do that?
In post 108, Benmage wrote:
Unvote vote llamarble

Nope
In post 78, Tierce wrote:
@Llamarble--why did you completely drop your previous lines of reasoning to vote Deas without commenting on posts made by your "previous" scum suspects?

There is only so much time in a day.
In post 115, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Was that a good wagon by the bye, Tierce? I don't remember.

This is a bizarre question.
In post 124, Empire wrote:
Unvote, vote: Llamarble

Nope
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:26 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Talk about inconsistent avatar quality.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 5

Nachomamma8 (1) - N
Cogito Ergo Sum (1) - Tammy
N (1) - penguin_alien
penguin_alien (3) - Cogito Ergo Sum, Johhog, Shadoweh

Konowa (1) - Tierce
Deasvail (2) - Konowa, Llamarble
Shadoweh (2) - Nachomamma8, WickedestJr
Empire (2) - CrashTextDummie, DeasVail
CrashTextDummie (1) - Vi
Llamarble (2) - Benmage, Empire

Not voting (0) :
NO ONE

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)

I don't reccomend the "Invitational 12 drinking game"; I'm just not Equinox.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Half prod dodge until tonight.
I didn't say I suck at reading people, just Tierce. Luckily every other person on the site is pretty good at finding scumTierce so I'm set.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:35 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 124, Empire wrote:Um ok, it didn't come across that way at all to me given what seemed to be a serious tone. What do you think of Konowa's and Llamarble's votes on you? Do you see them as being opportunistic as well or something else?

Konowa's leaning town so far. I think his vote for me was ok, but we'll see. Llamarble's vote I don't know what to think of, but I don't like how he hasn't done anything with it after your unvote.

Why do you think he's scum?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Empire »

In post 130, DeasVail wrote:Why do you think [Llamarble]'s scum?

Benmage summed it up pretty succintly in #104 but to add onto that -- I really don't like his list of reads and the rationale behind them in #82 + #96. I think they're pretty shallow and he sometimes focuses on things that aren't alignment indicative at all. For example, Benmage "commenting on relevant things" doesn't seem like anything that would even remotely shed light on his alignment and the CTD scumread for the link within a "short thought" post gave me a wat reaction. It just reminds me of his early play in TM 2012 White Flag where he mostly just commented on meaningless things and his scumhunting came off as superficial.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 am

Post by DeasVail »

Unvote: Empire
Vote: Llamarble

I don't really get the problem with 82 (as far as the whole 'look how town I am' thing goes), but the others things are alright.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 126, Llamarble wrote:

Tierce can follow that up.

I'm more with, explain how him linking there was scummy.... I'm not following that reasoning whatsoever... feeels fake.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:03 am

Post by Benmage »

And for Johogs point. Your statement it being inferior, is simply subjective and doesn't make my point any less valid.

-The point with shadow... what's the logic behind it??? Setting the bar low.. you can't connect that dot on your own?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 132, DeasVail wrote: but the others things are alright.

What things?

Oh And Llamarable what was this on again:?
In post 106, Benmage wrote:
In post 96, Llamarble wrote:Benmage is commenting on relevant things.

What?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Johhog »

I'm half inclined to actually do something with my vote, but I don't want penguin_alien to escape by just lurking so this was a completely unnecessary post.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 135, Benmage wrote:What things?

The other things Empire said.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Why so emo, Shaniwéh?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Empire wrote:And obviously, I don't view my vote as opportunistic at all -- for example, I didn't vote DV because he's an "easy target" (and I'd argue that he isn't an easy target in this roster given that most everyone here knows him and how he plays).

That's my point. I think calling DV's vote on me opportunistic was a mischaracterization on your part (unless you think I'm an easy target for some reason). I'm willing to take it as a poor choice of words at this point though as your contributions apart from this issue have been decent.

------------

Johog, why are you singling out penguin_alien for lurking?

-----------

Llamarble wagon seems to be the most interesting thing going on.
unvote, vote: Llamarble
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Johhog »

In post 139, CrashTextDummie wrote:Johog, why are you singling out penguin_alien for lurking?

I'm not. But I'm voting him, and I don't want to see him escape by me unvoting him just because he's not showing up.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 77, DeasVail wrote:
In post 73, Johhog wrote:Whoa, hold on Tierce? You're buying that? Because that just made him go from meh to scum on my list.

Do you think that I'm making things up as I go, or that I planned this all as scum?

Johhog can you answer this please?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Johhog »

Sorry, thought I did. You're making up things as you go.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 140, Johhog wrote:
In post 139, CrashTextDummie wrote:Johog, why are you singling out penguin_alien for lurking?

I'm not. But I'm voting him, and I don't want to see him escape by me unvoting him just because he's not showing up.

Escape from what exactly? It's not like your vote on him was well reasoned to begin with.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 142, Johhog wrote:Sorry, thought I did. You're making up things as you go.

But you don't think I'm scum?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by Johhog »

In post 143, CrashTextDummie wrote:

Escape from what exactly? It's not like your vote on him was well reasoned to begin with.

You're a funny guy.
In post 144, DeasVail wrote:
In post 142, Johhog wrote:Sorry, thought I did. You're making up things as you go.

But you don't think I'm scum?

Obviously I do.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I don't know, I think that your Penguin vote is weird considering there's someone else who you actually think is scum. (I don't really imagine you having a super strong read from that one post, but I could be wrong I guess)
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by Llamarble »

In post 135, Benmage wrote:
Oh And Llamarable what was this on again:?
In post 106, Benmage wrote:
In post 96, Llamarble wrote:Benmage is commenting on relevant things.

What?

Somebody had asked what pro-town behaviors in this game I was referring to when I recalled your usefulness being negatively correlated with your being town.

I already explained my CTD vote. He made what looked like a quick reaction post, but the way he used a link made it feel like he put more time into it.
"Posts that are constructed to make the poster look like they're in a different mindset than they actually are" is approximately equal to "posts by scum"

Empire wrote:
In post 130, DeasVail wrote:Why do you think [Llamarble]'s scum?

Benmage summed it up pretty succintly in #104 but to add onto that -- I really don't like his list of reads and the rationale behind them in #82 + #96. I think they're pretty shallow and he sometimes focuses on things that aren't alignment indicative at all. For example, Benmage "commenting on relevant things" doesn't seem like anything that would even remotely shed light on his alignment and the CTD scumread for the link within a "short thought" post gave me a wat reaction. It just reminds me of his early play in TM 2012 White Flag where he mostly just commented on meaningless things and his scumhunting came off as superficial.

I think I did a good job imitating my townplay at the beginning of TM12.
You can wat all you like, but I am smart and look at things others don't consider. Simple != unimportant.
You need to read more closely; the relevance of Benmage commenting on relevant things was already available in my posts.

DeasVail wrote:
In post 124, Empire wrote:Um ok, it didn't come across that way at all to me given what seemed to be a serious tone. What do you think of Konowa's and Llamarble's votes on you? Do you see them as being opportunistic as well or something else?

Konowa's leaning town so far. I think his vote for me was ok, but we'll see. Llamarble's vote I don't know what to think of, but I don't like how he hasn't done anything with it after your unvote.

Why should it matter to me whom others are voting for?
I am confident in my ability to prevent a lynch on a townread / cause one on a scumread when the time comes, and the time definitely has not come yet.
Benmage wrote:And for Johogs point. Your statement it being inferior, is simply subjective and doesn't make my point any less valid.

-The point with shadow... what's the logic behind it??? Setting the bar low.. you can't connect that dot on your own?

My interpretation of Johhog's point is grounded in first principles; I'm not sure yours is even logically viable.
If Johhog doesn't want to 'be the only one pushing a foolish train' then wouldn't that be the opposite of a reason for him to voice his stark disagreement?
I don't see why scum feel the need to set the bar low for themselves; I certainly don't suffer from this as scum.
I find it a towntell because in my experience scum tend to focus on their fake scumhunting / arguing and neglect secondary actions like introspection (of which self deprecation is a form).
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Vi »

u._.u
:o #RAOOOOOOOW*

Unvote: CrashTextDummie
Vote: Llamarble
(L-4)

*"RAOOOOOOOW" is dog (roughly translated) for "YOLO". Unlike in Internet, it is not the other half of "cow" in cão.

Cut by Llamarble and I do not care.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 73, Johhog wrote:Whoa, hold on Tierce? You're buying that? Because that just made him go from meh to scum on my list.

then why are you voting penguin?

In post 90, Tammy wrote:Empire is town...most likely. I'll be able to tell for sure after an effort post, but first thought is he would be too self-conscious to call himself obvtown, especially in a game with me and tierce and regfan waiting to replace in if necessary. And I doubt he'd bother to be posting in between classes as scum, he'd be far more likely to just put it off.

this is a little ridiculous
a little arrogant
a little town

In post 99, Konowa wrote:Does Tammy normally overreact like this?

yup.

You don't want to see her escape by you unvoting her.
How is she escaping, exactly?

Unvote, Vote: Johhog

ben let's go here
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”