Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1199, Majiffy wrote:Wagons on PH and the wagons that were counter to him all through d1.

Like which besides Ald, which is the only counter worth a spit I can name?

In post 1205, Tajun wrote:I don't know about uct in particular, but nobody I have seen does THAT with a buddy. Calling him very much town, talking about him smacking down walls, praising his every move, etc. Seems more like the kind of a thing a scum would do to someone he thought was town, so he could go "told ya" after the lynch. It is possible he was just playing a very deep game on us, but reading the rest of his posts he didn't exactly seem like the deep game type.

I do this sort of thing as scum - I actually think a number of players do. Is your stance that it doesn't happen, or simply that Uct seemed too derp to do it - you seem to be claiming both, clarify?

In post 1207, ProHawk wrote:I am fine with lynching HD, but feel we would have better luck with a Thor lynch.

You are okay lynching Whiskers or HD - but really want to lynch Thor, the obv. scum.
You then look at the tied HD and Whisker wagons, and vote the one Thor the obv. scum is voting for and not the one Thor the obv. scum has been repeatedly accussed of soft defending by avoiding it all day.

Tell me more.

In post 1213, Sky wrote:Guys...Thor lynch. He's gone completely nutso in the past 24 hours. He completed doubted Rob and then turned like that (I'm snapping my fingers since you can't see). I like his point about PH supposedly not being caught up though.

It's completely nutso to doubt Rob, scumhunt him, and then decide he's town?
But Thor is making other good points when he attacks ProHawk - but not when he attacks Sky or Rob.

Tell me more.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I need to look through some stuff, especially on Whiskers. Can someone sum up what caused his wagon to dissipate? I know I had him as a strong scum read earlier in the day, but I have been skimming recent stuff because of lack of time and (to some degree) interest.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1226, Rob14 wrote:Can someone sum up what caused his wagon to dissipate?

Me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm debating about just re-making it, I'll admit - but you can all thank me later for the wealth of info today will provide.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Thor are you dumb dude? There are two scum-teams. There is only one wolf left. If you are the wolf, who freaking cares who you vote for? You can't bus your partner, and you have no clue who the mafia are.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1226, Rob14 wrote:I need to look through some stuff, especially on Whiskers. Can someone sum up what caused his wagon to dissipate? I know I had him as a strong scum read earlier in the day, but I have been skimming recent stuff because of lack of time and (to some degree) interest.

He blew up a few pages ago. I unvoted because it looked town. Everyone else got off after I did.

Thor - I don't come here to think, damnit, I come here to vote recklessly and lynch bitches.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1225, Thor665 wrote:Like which besides Ald, which is the only counter worth a spit I can name?

I think he was a counterwagon to either Uct or Whiskers, potentially both, at some point.

Also Uct was pretty much tunneling him like hell all day and tried to push him just prior to Uct becoming the bona fide lynch of the day.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1231, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1225, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1199, Majiffy wrote:Wagons on PH and the wagons that were counter to him all through d1.
Like which besides Ald, which is the only counter worth a spit I can name?

I think he was a counterwagon to either Uct or Whiskers, potentially both, at some point.

Also Uct was pretty much tunneling him like hell all day and tried to push him just prior to Uct becoming the bona fide lynch of the day.
((Uct never was a lynch, not ever. He was nightkilled. Scumslip? I don't think he was even ever a candidate to be lynched. ))
I remember Aldus and HD being the counterwagons: Aldus vs Prohawk was how the day started, then HD was brought to L-1 and claim, then we ended with Aluskkel and Prohawk and third, lesser wagon, Sky.
I'll double check, but I think those were the notable wagons. They're the ones I remember.

In post 1230, Majiffy wrote:I don't come here to think, damnit, I come here to vote recklessly and lynch bitches.
This explains sooo muuuch....
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1232, Whiskers wrote:((Uct never was a lynch, not ever. He was nightkilled. Scumslip? I don't think he was even ever a candidate to be lynched. ))
I remember Aldus and HD being the counterwagons: Aldus vs Prohawk was how the day started, then HD was brought to L-1 and claim, then we ended with Aluskkel and Prohawk and third, lesser wagon, Sky.
I'll double check, but I think those were the notable wagons. They're the ones I remember.

Well at least someone has a memory.

||
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1233, Majiffy wrote:

Well at least someone has a memory.[/quote]
Don't take my word for it. If you'll recall, the memory I have like goldfish's.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Was that scumslip suggestion serious Whiskers?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1234, Whiskers wrote:
In post 1233, Majiffy wrote:
Well at least someone has a memory.

Don't take my word for it. If you'll recall, the memory I have like goldfish's.

Can't be worse than mine.

||
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1235, Rob14 wrote:Was that scumslip suggestion serious Whiskers?

...Why do you ask?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Because he wants to know if he should belittle you for how stupid it was.

||
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Post by Tajun »

In post 1215, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 1188, Majiffy wrote:VOTE: HD

In post 1198, Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: ProHawk
Vote: HD

In post 1207, ProHawk wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: HD

Hey so

No

In post 1216, Human Destroyer wrote:Considering that pretty much the entire case on me is that I jumped ship from the Aldus wagon and returned to the ProHawk wagon when I thought he was going to flip town...yeah, have fun with that.

In post 1217, Human Destroyer wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Sky

Sheeping 4nx because I'm far and away too lazy to actually go and do the work myself

Maybe tomorrow if I live that long

^I am 100% game for this lynch too, but I would still prefer Sky, simply because I think he is a more likely wolf and equally likely anti-town. HD isn't even pretending to scumhunt anymore. Also, see my iso for a case on you if you are curious, I don't feel like reposting it here.
In post 1225, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1205, Tajun wrote:I don't know about uct in particular, but nobody I have seen does THAT with a buddy. Calling him very much town, talking about him smacking down walls, praising his every move, etc. Seems more like the kind of a thing a scum would do to someone he thought was town, so he could go "told ya" after the lynch. It is possible he was just playing a very deep game on us, but reading the rest of his posts he didn't exactly seem like the deep game type.

I do this sort of thing as scum - I actually think a number of players do. Is your stance that it doesn't happen, or simply that Uct seemed too derp to do it - you seem to be claiming both, clarify?

I have personally never once seen it happen, not to this extent. More the latter though I suppose, I wouldn't be shocked to see more experienced players do so, but most people I know put their buddies in the meh-scum to meh-town range, or bus them all out. It might be worth giving uct a meta check to see if he is smarter than I gave him credit for, I'll do that when I get the chance. For now, I don't see it.

Thor looks better by the minute to me, not sure where sky sees otherwise. Sky, could you give us a read on HD and Prohawk?
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:23 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 1205, Tajun wrote:
:P I hate it when people make me question my reads... Reread both ISOs. Uctriton's iso points to HD scum in all posts except the one quoted, imo.
gonna have to do the same with Whiskers -_-

tbh Uct's whole play towards HD looks like he is trying to get on HD's good side through meta from a previous game.

In post 1222, Whiskers wrote:I'd be willing to lynch HD, but first I'd like to know why you and Thor think he's scum.

Why are you encouraging a HD lynch when I am your top werewolf suspect?

y'know you've displayed a certain pattern in this game: "scum would never blatantly defend there buddy", "scum would never leave an obvious opposition in Majiffy alive", and probly "werewolf would never attempt to direct a seer"
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:32 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 1232, Whiskers wrote:((Uct never was a lynch, not ever. He was nightkilled. Scumslip? I don't think he was even ever a candidate to be lynched. ))
ime scum often immediately characterize awkward phrases as scumslips.

Tajun wrote:HD isn't even pretending to scumhunt anymore.
This happens when a town player loses interest in a game too.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1240, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 1222, Whiskers wrote:I'd be willing to lynch HD, but first I'd like to know why you and Thor think he's scum.

Why are you encouraging a HD lynch when I am your top werewolf suspect?
Because it's a comparatively weak read?

In post 1240, 4nxi3ty wrote:y'know you've displayed a certain pattern in this game: "scum would never blatantly defend there buddy", "scum would never leave an obvious opposition in Majiffy alive", and probly "werewolf would never attempt to direct a seer"
How is this a pattern?
What certain pattern is it?

It'd be dumb for scum to blatantly defend their buddy.
WHISKERS would never leave an obvious opposition in Majiffy alive.
And one of these things isn't like the other: not only did I not say the last one, but it's far more specific, isn't it?

Why wouldn't a Wolf, specifically, try to direct the seer?

In post 1241, 4nxi3ty wrote:
Fair enough.
I pretend to see it as ScumMaj saying, "when he was a candidate for lynch" being like, "when he was a choice for nightkill", since when I'm scum, I usually have several and have to decide among them.
However, I also don't really believe this to be telling.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1237, Whiskers wrote:

...Why do you ask?

Why don't you answer?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:38 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

How is this a pattern?
What certain pattern is it?

It'd be dumb for scum to blatantly defend their buddy.
WHISKERS would never leave an obvious opposition in Majiffy alive.
And one of these things isn't like the other: not only did I not say the last one, but it's far more specific, isn't it?

Why wouldn't a Wolf, specifically, try to direct the seer?
I wasn't talking about what you said, I was talking about what you did. Each one of those actions has the same motivation: "do the thing that is too blatant for scum to do."

wolf in most cases would not draw the seer's attention, It's like you're going "look at me directing the seer, wolf would be too afraid to do that!"
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1243, Rob14 wrote:
In post 1237, Whiskers wrote:

...Why do you ask?

Why don't you answer?

He did, kind of. See above.

||
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 am

Post by Rob14 »

So he did, kind of.

So it wasn't telling, but you decided to throw around a buzz word? I like my vote still.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Tajun »

In post 1241, 4nxi3ty wrote:

Tajun wrote:HD isn't even pretending to scumhunt anymore.
This happens when a town player loses interest in a game too.

True, but usually being voted is enough to stimulate a persons interest. I am not sure what is up with him, if he has just given up or what, but he is active and scumhunting on a half dozen other boards and utterly useless here, not just recently. Not to mention he is as scummy as anyone else on this board.

@Rob: What is your opinion of Whiskers' reactions at the end of page 47?
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by auspicious »

In post 1224, Majiffy wrote:HD has been a scum read since the game started, and he makes sense as an Uct partner.

And why are we trying to vote mafia when they can't even kill? The WW should be the main target for today.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1246, Rob14 wrote:So it wasn't telling, but you decided to throw around a buzz word?

That's right, exactly.

...wait a minute--
In post 574, Majiffy wrote:So are you saying that you're spamming the thread to dilute the amount of scummy material you have?

In post 817, Majiffy wrote:I guess, fits with your poisoning the well tactic.

In post 1028, Majiffy wrote:Lol quote please. This never happened.

Actually, the Majiffy defence by Rob13 is really
weird
to me.

In post 932, Rob14 wrote:Whiskers, you're ignoring the obvious. Majiffy is lazy. He voted me and said to himself, "eh - i'll do a case whenever" and then by the time whenever rolled about he didn't think I was scum anymore

Things like this.

Also, it bothers me that Rob13
doesn't think it's weird at all
that Majiffy repeatedly calls him scum with no reason or case--
it's mentioned once or twice,
but it's apparently not worthy of a vote or anything.

It's apparently not even scummy, considering Rob goes waveringly between town and null reading Majiffy Day 1.

Although, it
is
scummy when someone else is doing it:
In post 1006, Rob14 wrote:^Whiskers/Tajun remaining mafia-team alert. Tajun calls Whiskers scummy but doesn't vote him for the past page or three and then coaches him in the above post.

There's an interest in Majiffy's wall-fights... when Majiffy is the attacker. Asks Maj a bunch of questions, leading him to represent his case in a better, clearer way-- then votes Thor after one bad answer. He has no interest in what I might be trying to bring
against
Maj, though-- Whiskers scum, whiskers scum, if she's trying to attack majiffy.

Oh hey, and I forgot about this:
In post 1125, Rob14 wrote:Adding onto Majiffy's points regarding "butting in", it should be recognized that Whiskers is attempting to talk to people in a vacuum. He doesn't want anyone to comment on his responses or the conversations he's having with others in-thread, which is what he "called out" Majiffy for doing. (Is that even a call out? lol)

This is inherently anti-town because it stifles discussion. It's also quite scummy if he wants people not to be analyzing his actions.

Can you bring up ANY evidence for this, especially since I've wanted the opposite, and several times specifically asked for involvement from any other player?

In post 1246, Rob14 wrote:So it wasn't telling, but you decided to throw around a buzz word? I like my vote still.

So, cool. Now you've given one reason to vote me.

Idk. Scummy. Remember what I said about Majiffy's interactions with Rob looking like scum bussing? This looks like scum buddying-- especially if I remember that Rob has Majiffy as null-to-town. There's a lot of chatting and asking questions that aren't scumhunting. I haven't done VCA but I recall Rob being on the ProHawk wagon with Maj. They could be scum together, or Rob could be scum buddying up to a power player.

Return to “Completed Open Games”