/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by N »

In post 249, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 244, Tammy wrote:You say you read ny160b (which some at the end of the game said was underpowered anyway) and still say nacho is always scum?

I mean that's fine for an rvs vote, but 10 pages in?

wait you actually believe him when he says things like this?

Why you demean me? :(
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

because i hate australians.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 249, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 244, Tammy wrote:You say you read ny160b (which some at the end of the game said was underpowered anyway) and still say nacho is always scum?

wait you actually believe him when he says things like this?

:? No. That's why I called it a potential dumb tell that felt fake, and that it was a fine excuse for an rvs vote, but not 10 pages in.

I think N is a fine place for a vote today...johhog is better though.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by Tammy »

Can you guys stop flirting?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Current reads-
Probably town; Llamarble, Johhog, Konowa, Tammy
Neutral; everyone else
Weird vibe/gutfeeling; Empire, Benmage, penguin, N
Might be scum; Shadoweh, CTD, CES

I'll admit, I'm struggling to develop many strong reads. And I dislike checking other games (for meta purposes) to develop/strengthen reads in this one, but I might have to do this soon anyway seeing as I'm only somewhat familiar with two or three players here. I'm kinda frustrated/stressed/tired right now so I plan to look a little deeper tomorrow. And I'm hoping to establish more stronger reads asap.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

EBWOP: I'll explain those scumreads tomorrow as well. However, I would like a response to one particular question before I do so.
-Wickedestjr
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 251, Nachomamma8 wrote:because i hate australians.

</3
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Post by Johhog »

In post 224, Tammy wrote:
In post 222, Johhog wrote:Elaborate.

Well hi! That was a fast catch. In the last two games we've played together where you've been town, you've felt really dynamic. Here you feel like your watching the party more than enjoying it. I'm only on page 3...4...do you get better?

I'm aware of this. But think this one through. Does me playing differently necessarily mean that I'm scum?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Tammy you could at least spell my name right. >:| I keep appearing because I'm watching between listening to Quad City DJ remixes. Also there is nothing wrong with Foxy flirting.
In post 248, Wickedestjr wrote:
-The comment(s) that accompanied her penguin vote struck me as unusually confident (even if it was not serious). I'm not entirely sure why the town voting block idea felt scummy to me. Perhaps it relates to the fact that the suggestion makes the assumption that the other players mentioned are all town or at least demonstrates a lack of interest in determining their allignments (even if it was not serious).
-a.) She calls you obvtown but in the same post she gives herself room to change her mind. Note also that she wasn't even asked to give her read of you- I have no clue why she talked about you in post 50.
b.) IIRC, she asks CTD to reconsider his suspicion of her because Empire, the player CTD had voted, had nullread her. I don't see why that's a reason for CTD to reconsider. I also got the impression that Shadoweh is trying to make her meta defense look like an effort to discern CTD's allignment- that looked suspicious.

In order:
The comment(s) that appeared too confident quote unquote is referring to everything I said about my dream team? I would have called the emotion unbridled optimism. I'm quite sure all three of them are town. Just by posing the question I expect reactions that help determine that alignment.
Re: Tierce: Why would you need a reason to talk about Tierce? I vaguely recall someone mentioned her and reading her around that time though.
I'm not sure what you mean about the CTD thing. I didn't say he should reconsider. I asked why he hadn't mentioned the connecting opinions there. My meta defense is 100% sarcastic derision of someone voting me for Being Shadoweh. Kind of like being suspicious of me for wanting to make a voting block which I clearly haven't been voting with.

Empire didn't post a wall on me and now I don't feel special. Procrastination says fuck it and find other lynchable reads. Guess I'll check out Johhog, DeasVail, Konowa for weak scum. And I GUESS the main wagon even though I don't feel interested in him which is usually my subconscious telling me to sleep through reading town lynches.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:22 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 239, Tammy wrote:So, that and his feeling like I did on konowa's first post makes me feel town, but ces can read him right? Am I on crack?

Probably. His refusal to towninate does make things decidedly less straightforward.

In post 245, Tammy wrote:Ces what's your read on crash text dummie?

Null. Dude's tricksy.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:24 am

Post by DeasVail »

Penguin might actually be a solid scumread for me. Nothing else to say right now really.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 am

Post by Tierce »

[quote="In post 254, Wickedestjr"]Please explain why you don't have a read on me. There is a pretty much universal Townread going about--what are your feelings on it?

Your reads feel fairly safe. Please come back with more.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:31 am

In post 258, Shadoweh wrote:Empire didn't post a wall on me and now I don't feel special. Procrastination says fuck it and find other lynchable reads. Guess I'll check out Johhog, DeasVail, Konowa for weak scum. And I GUESS the main wagon even though I don't feel interested in him which is usually my subconscious telling me to sleep through reading town lynches.

Just go for penguin?

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:33 am

Post by Tierce »

EBWOP:
In post 261, Tierce wrote:
In post 254, Wickedestjr wrote:Neutral; everyone else
Please explain why you don't have a read on me. There is a pretty much universal Townread going about--what are your feelings on it?

Your reads feel fairly safe. Please come back with more.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:09 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Shadoweh wrote:1: The comment(s) that appeared too confident quote unquote is referring to everything I said about my dream team? I would have called the emotion unbridled optimism.

2: I'm quite sure all three of them are town. Just by posing the question I expect reactions that help determine that alignment.

3: Re: Tierce: Why would you need a reason to talk about Tierce? I vaguely recall someone mentioned her and reading her around that time though.

4: I'm not sure what you mean about the CTD thing. I didn't say he should reconsider. I asked why he hadn't mentioned the connecting opinions there. My meta defense is 100% sarcastic derision of someone voting me for Being Shadoweh. Kind of like being suspicious of me for wanting to make a voting block which I clearly haven't been voting with.

1: I was referring to this:
People are already started with the penguin who made a post that screams VOTES HERE PLEASE.

Why the "unbridled optimism" ?

2: You were 'quite sure' they were all town after just page 1? Your comment is irrelevant if that's not the case. Also, it looks like you only got one response. Why did you expect more?

3: Oh okay... looks like your Tierce comment was a response to Tierce's suspicion of Konowa. Am I right?

4: You asked CTD if Empire's read on you affected CTD's scumread on you. Why would it? And why should CTD have mentioned it? Note that Empire gave you a nullread... If I were CTD I also would've completely ignored Empire's post.

In post 261, Tierce wrote:
In post 254, Wickedestjr wrote:Neutral; everyone else
1: Please explain why you don't have a read on me. There is a pretty much universal Townread going about--what are your feelings on it?

2: Your reads feel fairly safe. Please come back with more.

1: ...it's just not obvious to me right now. I don't have a read on you for the same reason that I don't have a read on DV or penguin. I've never played with you before, so maybe that's also why. I'm not one to blindly follow the townreads of others. Those townreading you for meta I'm slightly inclined to believe, but I'm not going to read you based on meta tells when
I
haven't even looked at your other games. Those townreading you for other reasons are not really influencing my read on you.

2: Promised I would. What's safe about my reads?

Also, why is N probably scum?
-Wickedestjr
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:37 am

Post by Vi »

In post 67, DeasVail wrote:What do you mean?

I don't think I'm being anti-town, because I think looking back it should be clear where I was going with it.
In post 96, Llamarble wrote:Johhog is comfortable / assertive.
"Whoa why did you get a different impression from mine" is town because town expect others to agree with them whereas mafia realize they have a different perspective.
In post 113, Llamarble wrote:VOTE: DeasVail
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:39 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 264, Wickedestjr wrote:Also, why is N probably scum?
Lack of absolute contribution to the game. N-scum feels fairly detached from the game, while N-Town might be snarky, but is definitely willing to provide reads in a proactive manner and without going with the flow, which is what he's doing. The fact that he is apparently conscious he is doing this doesn't much alter this read, as he has played with a lot of the playerlist before as Town and scum and knows people know him. (i.e. admission of actual facts in his present participation or lack thereof doesn't really weigh his alignment one way or another, as he doesn't lose anything by doing so and gains "honesty" points.)

Your reads feel "safe" because there isn't much of a strong stance on anything that might hurt your chances of pushing a (mis)lynch, here or down the line.

Go meta people. I promise I'm an entertaining read.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 am

Post by Tierce »

Back to N for a moment:

In post 110, N wrote:Tierceflail
What is this? N has seen me as Town and as scum, he has been my scumbuddy, and this is all he has to say about me so far. I ask him for reads, he gives an empty Nacho read and doesn't do anything else. It's hollow, doesn't have any meat, and doesn't feel like the Town-N-pissed-off-at-the-game in general that I know and love. THAT N is participative, throws his weight behind what he believes in, does stuff. This feels much closer to the lurkerscum N that occasionally snipes in with a pretense at weak commentary.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 am

How anti-town is Vi as scum, Tierce?

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 243, N wrote:I can understand both the Llama and Johhog wagons, but I dunno - Nacho is always scum.
In post 246, N wrote:
In post 244, Tammy wrote:
In post 243, N wrote:I can understand both the Llama and Johhog wagons, but I dunno - Nacho is always scum.
You say you read ny160b (which some at the end of the game said was underpowered anyway) and still say nacho is always scum?

I should have made that clearer: he's always scum in games with me.

See, I called him scum earlier, and this is only increasing. Tammy is asbsolutely right. Ten pages in, and
everything
N has said in the game is "Nacho is scum because he's always been scum in games I'm with. I guess the other wagons are okay too."

How BORING. How incredibly empty.

Vi, either you explain 'marblescum (and I agree this feels somewhat like the annoyed Llamarble-Town in Abarat, though that is an easy attitude to have as either alignment and doesn't hinder his play as scum/Town), or I'm out. N and Konowa are looking far worse than him.

PEdit: I still have no frigging clue how to read Vi. Ask Empire.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 10

Nachomamma8 (1) - N
penguin_alien (3) - Cogito Ergo Sum, Llamarble, Deasvail
Deasvail (1) - Konowa
Shadoweh (1) - WickedestJr
Llamarble (6) - Benmage, Empire, CrashTextDummie, Vi, penguin_alien, Tierce

Johhog (2) - Nachomamma8, Tammy
Empire (1) - Shadoweh

Not voting (1) :
Johhog

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • Tierce is V/la

Prodding penguin_alien and Konowa.
Last edited by Faraday on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:01 am

In post 269, Tierce wrote:PEdit: I still have no frigging clue how to read Vi. Ask Empire.

Mind you, I'm not talking about the quirky "emulating Glrok" type of anti-town; I'm talking "let's just push this mislynch hard". Given your hydraing with Vi as scum (with the quickhammer and everything), you must have some idea of how much of the latter Vi's scumplay has.

N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:05 am

Post by N »

In post 267, Tierce wrote:Back to N for a moment:

In post 110, N wrote:Tierceflail
What is this? N has seen me as Town and as scum, he has been my scumbuddy, and this is all he has to say about me so far. I ask him for reads, he gives an empty Nacho read and doesn't do anything else. It's hollow, doesn't have any meat, and doesn't feel like the Town-N-pissed-off-at-the-game in general that I know and love. THAT N is participative, throws his weight behind what he believes in, does stuff. This feels much closer to the lurkerscum N that occasionally snipes in with a pretense at weak commentary.

Aw, I didn't know you cared.

I've noticed in quite a few of my games I've alienated people and gotten myself mislynched, so I'm trying a new thing. I'm not sure what you're exactly expecting from me (have you gotten my meta mixed up with someone else's?), but I can go through the whole thread and make snarky comments if you'd like?
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:06 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 271, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 269, Tierce wrote:PEdit: I still have no frigging clue how to read Vi. Ask Empire.
Mind you, I'm not talking about the quirky "emulating Glrok" type of anti-town; I'm talking "let's just push this mislynch hard". Given your hydraing with Vi as scum (with the quickhammer and everything), you must have some idea of how much of the latter Vi's scumplay has.
Seriously, I have no clue. I wish I had. I am as clueless about Vi's scumplay as I was a year ago, and I still have bad memories of Chrono Trigger Resurrection. Open 463 was essentially us flailing around and hoping to cause as much damage as possible due to the playerlist. Ask Empire, I believe he has a better grasp on Vi.

PEdit: Still oh so very fine with lynching N.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:07 am

Post by Vi »

In post 269, Tierce wrote:Vi, either you explain 'marblescum (and I agree this feels somewhat like the annoyed Llamarble-Town in Abarat, though that is an easy attitude to have as either alignment and doesn't hinder his play as scum/Town), or I'm out. N and Konowa are looking far worse than him.
I just did.
I'll freely admit that he's very much like Sherlock in what I hear in the subtext of what he posts, but that contradiction is dubious.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”