Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Sky »

In post 1268, Majiffy wrote:VOTE: Sky

Wagon is largely town.

Most terrible vote on my wagon by far. You're like the person who votes for high school class president because everyone else thinks he's a cool guy. I thought you were better than this.

@Thor-if I disagree with your rationale for me having an organic change in mind, I'm scum. So I agree with this organic thing. But you're not giving any evidence this is why
you
changed your mind. You're just saying, "yeah it was organic." That's your simple scapegoat for hopping off my wagon.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Now that HD has hopped off I consider the Sky wagon 100% town.

So Sky's reaction above should entice any others that feel the same into voting him.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1295, Rob14 wrote:So you're fine with voting with your scum-read Thor?

Interesting.

No, my scumread is fine voting with me - and hasn't been defending another scumread of mine.
Slight difference there.
And by slight I mean huge.

@Tajun - read on ProHawk, go.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1301, Sky wrote:@Thor-if I disagree with your rationale for me having an organic change in mind, I'm scum. So I agree with this organic thing. But you're not giving any evidence this is why you changed your mind. You're just saying, "yeah it was organic." That's your simple scapegoat for hopping off my wagon.

And my scum plan behind that is...what, so when you flip town I have weakly hopped off your wagon?
Fething brilliant I am.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Post by Rob14 »

#1293 shows you're fine with your scum-read voting with you - you explicitly stated it. The fact that your vote hasn't moved further proves you're fine with voting with a scum-read. You're being incredibly hypocritical and I don't see how this attitude is coming from town. You, yourself, in this very game, have encountered a situation in which you're okay with being on the same wagon as a scum-read. Despite this, when ProHawk votes with a scum-read, then you're all over him because that could
only
come from scum.

Unvote
Vote Thor
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Good job ignoring the points I noted as the difference - points I repeatedly noted as mattering while pressing on ProHawk.
Have fun with that.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Thor, you should probably speak with your vote instead of your mouth... it looks a lot less hypocritical.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by Rob14 »

What difference does it make if a scum-read you're voting with is defending another scum-read? Why does that matter? ProHawk already explained his reasoning for his current vote and it looked like it came from town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1307, ProHawk wrote:Thor, you should probably speak with your vote instead of your mouth... it looks a lot less hypocritical.

So who should I vote for to not be hypocritical, exactly?

In post 1308, Rob14 wrote:What difference does it make if a scum-read you're voting with is defending another scum-read? Why does that matter? ProHawk already explained his reasoning for his current vote and it looked like it came from town.

I grok that you disagree with my reasons - but to call my reasons hypocritical is rather derpy, because even when I initially tagged him over the voting with scum aspect I noted the specific situation i found bad about it,a nd there were multiple aspects, not one of which is present in what happened with HD's vote other than, insomuch, I am voting someone that a scumread of mine is also voting. And, yeah, if you ignore all the other stuff I suppose you can call it hypocritical - but it's derp on your part and is clearly not hypocritical. It doesn't matter whether or not you agree that my reasoning is sound, even if you disagree you can see that my reasoning is different than the situation i am in with HD and thus isn't what you're saying it is, which makes your vote dumb, me not a hypocrite, and the entire conversation kind of odd to even be had.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1225, Thor665 wrote:You are okay lynching Whiskers or HD - but really want to lynch Thor, the obv. scum.
You then look at the tied HD and Whisker wagons, and vote the one Thor the obv. scum is voting for and not the one Thor the obv. scum has been repeatedly accussed of soft defending by avoiding it all day.

Tell me more.

Even for reference - here is the initial call out.
It's painfully apparent it's more than 'you're voting someone a scumread of yours is voting'
Read m0ar.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1284, Thor665 wrote:Last I checked, the counterwagon was the one that was formed in opposition to a wagon.
He had a counterwagon on a werewolf form whilst he was a wagon - that actually affects his alignment differently than the other way around.
Or am I missing something?

Oh!

...wait, what?
That actually might be. But I need you to IC for me for a second: what IS the difference?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Okay, I can talk down to you, I'm a professional;

Situation 1: There was a wagon on a werewolf and a counterwagon formed on ProHawk

This strongly suggests that ProHawk is not a werewolf, as there is a decent argument that the werewolf buddy would have worked to start up a counterwagon in order to save his buddy. It means nothing as far as ProHawk being or not being Mafia, but would tend to suggest he's not Werewolf on the presumption that the wolfbuddy wanted to avoid lynching the other wolf and thus helped push a wagon on ProHawk

Situation 2: There was a wagon on ProHawk and a counterwagon formed on a werewolf

This tells us pretty much jack all. The werewolf buddy would not have started the counterwagon because, hey, screw ProHawk, and if ProHawk is a wolf than the wolves also wouldn't have started a counterwagon on themselves. ProHawk might be Mafia and the wolf wagon was there own counterwagon to protect a Mafia. Or, ProHawk might be town and the Mafia helped push through the wolf wagon simply because it didn't matter to them which wagon went through.

So, in one situation we have a slight chance (presuming we buy Wolf ability to generate a counterwagon) that he is less likely a wolf.
In the other situation we know even less.
The other situation is what went down.

Make sense?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Yes. With that premise, are you suggesting ProHawk mafia?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm suggesting ProHawk questionable and wanting people and/or himself to fight for his town read.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:28 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 1294, Human Destroyer wrote:Eh why not

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ProHawk

Because there is only a few days left, Sky is a good lynch, and PH is a bad lynch.
And proving that Sky is mafia will help me convince others that Whiskers is wolf.

In post 1284, Thor665 wrote:Last I checked, the counterwagon was the one that was formed in opposition to a wagon.
He had a counterwagon on a werewolf form whilst he was a wagon - that actually affects his alignment differently than the other way around.
Or am I missing something?

There was a second push for a PH lynch after the Aldus wagon had formed.

In post 748, Whiskers wrote:I know I'm late to the party, but how would you guys feel about making Sky one of your "we can only lynch these two people"?

[PREEDIT]
@Mafjiffy: also that Aldsukkel is town.
As such, I suggest we pull 4nxiety, auspicious, and you, back onto the Sky wagon. Add me, uctriton would probably join, that's five. Convince Aldsukkel that Sky is the wagon opposite his, that's six. idk who'd hammer it though. Maybe Thor?

This happened after Aldus was place at L-1.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1315, 4nxi3ty wrote:There was a second push for a PH lynch after the Aldus wagon had formed.

Yep, who, besides HD, looks particularly skeevy there to you?

In post 1315, 4nxi3ty wrote:This happened after Aldus was place at L-1.
[/quote]
It did - but I'm already saying I think Sky is town, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make - clarify?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

Though, actually, 748 is a decent argument for Whiskers =/= werewolf.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Okay, so we're down to about three days now.

Unvote: Human Destroyer
Vote: Whiskers

I'll help lynch Human Destroyer too.
If, oddly, a lot of people want to leap on ProHawk I'm at least interested in discussing it, but we should probably have had more discussion earlier and anyone making that shift now is kind of annoying.
Sky got enough late minute support Day 1 versus a wolf and also has the organic read moment so I'm really thinking that wagon push is fairly derp at this stage.

@Tajun
@4nxi3ty
@auspicious
@Majiffy

Now would be a really awesome time to actually explain your Sky push, which I think only Auspicious and Majiffy have tried to do (and Majiffy's logic is incredi-bad, no shock there)
It would also be a good time to express your thoughts about the reasons I just noted to not lynch Sky today.
Updated ProHawk opinions would still be appreciated, either I'm blind and derp or everyone else is, and I'm going with Occam's Razor on this but no one besides Majiffy has even *tried* to tackle that question, which speaks poorly for all the rest of you.

Whiskers and/or HD need death - let's work on that.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1318, Thor665 wrote:and Majiffy's logic is incredi-bad, no shock there

:(
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

You know as well as I do it's true. You rreads are almost all internal gut reads that you can't explain. because I think you're town I'm just thinking you're not applying yourself even as much as you normally do and that the amount of lauding you're getting is because of some mixture of derp players and scum players sucking up to you because you're being loud and proud. basically you're doing what I expect, playing like me but with less case underlay. it's fine, but I keep pointing it out so i get more sheep and people will hopefully remember to question your opinions if I end up dead.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Tajun »

In post 1303, Thor665 wrote:@Tajun - read on ProHawk, go.

Still town, not a chance I am going there today. See my iso, none of the reasons have changed. As for his recent behaviour, I feel a bit of the malaise here too, I don't see anything scummy there.

@Thor, post 1312: What in god's name are you talking about here? If you accept the premise that a CW to a wolf would not form on a wolf, then that tells us PH is not a wolf, in both cases. If you don't accept this premise, then it tells us nothing, in both cases. So WTF are you talking about?

@post 1318: Wow, where to begin. Here ( http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p4733346 ) is my Sky reasoning, in case you want to pay attention to what is going on. Again, mostly gut, but that is the best metric I have. Secondly, PH was the primary CW to Aldus, not Sky, and I note that Aldus never once tried to go after Sky, so
In post 1318, Thor665 wrote:Sky got enough late minute support Day 1 versus a wolf

is a grotesque misrepresentation of events. As for your "reasons" to not lynch Sky, ie. your gut town read on him (is there anything else?) I happen to feel the opposite. So no, my vote stays, although I am more than willing to discuss HD. Whiskers is out as well.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1321, Tajun wrote:Still town, not a chance I am going there today. See my iso,

Re-state or quote them please.

In post 1321, Tajun wrote:@Thor, post 1312: What in god's name are you talking about here? If you accept the premise that a CW to a wolf would not form on a wolf, then that tells us PH is not a wolf, in both cases. If you don't accept this premise, then it tells us nothing, in both cases. So WTS are you talking about?

What are *you* talking about? He wasn't the counter wagon, the wolf was the counter wagon - and that makes a lot of difference. If you can't see that then I don't see the point in trying to explain it further, and it doesn't matter too much to me unless that's the sole reason you have a town read on him, which would be so inherently dumb in any case in multi-scum I presume it's not the case.

In post 1321, Tajun wrote:@post 1318: Wow, where to begin. Here ( http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p4733346 ) is my Sky reasoning, in case you want to pay attention to what is going on. Again, mostly gut, but that is the best metric I have.

Oh gawds, i am so sorry that I overlooked your case of 'gut'
Are you serious here?
Ugh, I'll look at this link after mocking you a bit more...
Okay, I read it - let's be honest it is 'gut' mixed with 'I think he plays poorly' and a dash of paranoia. It's a functional case, but it's not a case that will sell anyone, it's a case to sell yourself and justify your push - nothing more.

In post 1321, Tajun wrote:Secondly, PH was the primary CW to Aldus, not Sky, and I note that Aldus never once tried to go after Sky, so

PH was not the primary counter wagon to Aldus, Aldus was the primary counter to PH and then a Sky push appeared as a last minute alternate push that was a counter to Aldus.

In post 1321, Tajun wrote:is a grotesque misrepresentation of events.

How?

In post 1321, Tajun wrote:As for your "reasons" to not lynch Sky, ie. your gut town read on him (is there anything else?) I happen to feel the opposite. So no, my vote stays,

It's not a gut read, it's showing a legitimate read growth and suggesting that it stems from legit town interaction as opposed to scum hunting for mislynches.

In post 1321, Tajun wrote:although I am more than willing to discuss HD. Whiskers is out as well.

Why is Whiskers out?
Also, want to shift to HD instead of Sky then?
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Tajun »

2) Prohawk is town guys. Read his responses again, this guy thinks you are all morons for thinking he is scum. You don't get that when you accuse actual scum, you get people defensive. Prohawk believes what he is saying, he's the only definite town read I've got here.

In post 356, Tajun wrote:In post 234, Sky wrote:
Do I smell defeat?

In post 235, ProHawk wrote:
No, you read it smart-guy.

C'mon guys, this guy is town to the core. Getting weak town on Sky too, tbh, although I don't like his Prohawk read. Just gut on this one.

Hmm, thought that I wrote more than that. Still, his reactions are dick-town and not dick-scum. Basically, he calls out people for bad behaviour and is frustrated when the town is screwing up. Yeah, still gut, but I'm not lynching a gut town read.

What are *you* talking about? He wasn't the counter wagon, the wolf was the counter wagon - and that makes a lot of difference.

I must be a fucking moron then, because all I can see here is that in either case you get the exact same info, ie. not likely a wolf if you buy that premise (which I don't really).
Thor665 wrote:
In post 1321, Tajun wrote:
is a grotesque misrepresentation of events.

How?

The way you phrased it seems like you are saying "we wouldn't have two primary wagons on wolves at the end of day one, because a wolf wouldn't start a wagon on another wolf, therefore sky is not likely a wolf". This is a brutally bad interpretation of what happened, as a) Aldus did not start that wagon, join that wagon, or have anything to do with that wagon other than give a townread on sky, and b) Sky only jumped to Aldus when it was clear that he was getting lynched with or without his help.

Thor665 wrote:It's not a gut read, it's showing a legitimate read growth and suggesting that it stems from legit town interaction as opposed to scum hunting for mislynches.

In post 1321, Tajun wrote:although I am more than willing to discuss HD. Whiskers is out as well.

Why is Whiskers out?
Also, want to shift to HD instead of Sky then?

Would it be reasonable to assume that your reason for thinking this is town behaviour is because he is calling you likely scum for changing your read on him to town unnaturally, thus indicating that he is more interested in finding scum than in seeming town? Otherwise, I am not sure what you mean here.

Whiskers is out because I don't think he is maf (see many previous posts) and I liked his reactions on page 47 (think he's town). I could to HD, although I am still betting maf and not wolf there. He'd be my compromise lynch, if I can't have sky, but I'm staying here atp.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:10 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1317, Thor665 wrote:Though, actually, 748 is a decent argument for Whiskers =/= werewolf.

Then whyyyy switch to me in your next post?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.

Return to “Completed Open Games”