Blue Yoshi
Blue Yoshi
Goon
Blue Yoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Blue Yoshi »

I was mostly talking about the discussion we're having right now, all fueled by the random vote I made.
While RVS is good for its own sake, it's good to get out of fast, and if things start slowing down doing something to create some sort of discussion is always fine.
I just like to start discussion rolling.
Hiatus: ~May 2014-April 17, 2016.
Computer obtained.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 25, Desperado wrote:Rainbow and Yoshi and Bub are all town until further notice, as well

Im pretty unsure about BY at this point and really trying to guage if he even really understands what im getting at here. I dont really think he knows why I think he is scummy and that may negate the validity of the tell. Also you are misinterpreting what Flay is saying which is "first post is going to be basically contentless or a random vote that has no bearing so im going to ask a question". I dont like it, but hey... he may be the only pony here that has been around the block for longer than I have and quints may be the only one who comes close to me.

Bomb needs to not talk about ongoings even in the slightest, you never know what might accidentally drop that requires some mod action or if somepony is an alt or anything like that. Bomb also may very likely be scum. KBW I actually still like for confirmation timing though. Depending on what I get back from Bomb I vote may change soon.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by Desperado »

No Rainbow, I understood it perfectly. He's saying that he's going to engage in the spirit of the RVS stage (posting contentless bullshit) without actually randomly voting anyone, which is the only thing that RVS is even useful for. By not "doing" RVS what he's really doing is mitigating the amount of information he puts out there by not having to put a vote on someone that he would have to answer for later.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Deadline: 3/15/2013, 10:00pm PST

Votecount 1.1.0
Mr. Flay
(2): Bub Bidderskins, Desperado
qwints
(1): ArcAngel9
Keybladewielder
(2): Rainbowdash, Blue Yoshi
YOLO
(2): Bomb, jeromus
Bomb
(1): Elyse
Not voting (4): Mr. Flay, qwints, Keybladewielder, YOLO

Last edited by 10506670 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bomb
Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by Bomb »

In post 23, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 21, Blue Yoshi wrote:Consider the discussion we are having now.
Crazy, right?

So you didnt respond to him declaring a serious vote in order to hope to have somepony call you on not responding to his serious vote?

For RVS stuff, some players (I tend to be heavily in this camp) aim for the "kill RVS ASAP" move because its just fluff. A couple say they can actually RVS scumhunt, but ive never seen any player with a good track record of it/strong players claim it. Really its just the lull before the game actually starts and its good to finish.

@Bomb - If you have pushed the game out of RVS quickly before, why arent you doing that here?

Hadn't really looked too hard at the thread yet. You seem to be doing pretty well, testing the water with everyone and getting off to an early hunt. I'm waiting to see what a few other people post before I start being too accusatory.

Still yet to see a post from qwints, YOLO and keybladewielder. Not sure why they're so keen to lie low.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 24, Desperado wrote:These two statements don't follow logically. If you don't "do" RVS, then by definition your first post should be contentful and contain pertinent questions.
Read again. Also note that I was the FIRST person to post after the mod announced D1. What content was I going to provide/analyze, other than questions? RQS isn't for spamming, either. As already explained, my question was pertinent, both to me and to the game as a whole. How people react to it is also important (to me).

The rest of your post is (to borrow a phrase) unmitigated bullshit so it's not even worth responding to. Bub may have felt like he had a reason to vote, but you're just spouting crap. Tell me again what RVS is "for" and why I should participate in it? Nobody ever "answers" for Random Votes.

More content in the morning, but I will definitely be looking at Blue Yoshi's posts more.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 30, Bomb wrote:Still yet to see a post from qwints, YOLO and keybladewielder. Not sure why they're so keen to lie low.

That's because... they haven't posted yet? Not sure how you can claim they're "lying low" after ~24 hours.
Bomb
Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Post by Bomb »

In post 32, Mr. Flay wrote:
In post 30, Bomb wrote:Still yet to see a post from qwints, YOLO and keybladewielder. Not sure why they're so keen to lie low.

That's because... they haven't posted yet? Not sure how you can claim they're "lying low" after ~24 hours.

Just figured everyone would have stuck their head in to say "Sup?" by now. Chill dude.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by jeromus »

Yeah, I have something to say to both YOLO and Keybladewielder.

The former, I wish him misfortune for having such an awful name.

The latter, to congratulate him for sharing in my appreciation of a wonderful series.

I'd like to hear from them both though. C'mon, out from under the rug.
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:28 am

Post by Elyse »

Hey, Desperado, get an avatar. And then stop pulling things out of your ass. Kthanxbye.

Also, what's with the somepony thing, Rainbow? I get that it's MLP, but do you do that all game?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:49 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 35, Elyse wrote:Hey, Desperado, get an avatar. And then stop pulling things out of your ass. Kthanxbye.

Also, what's with the somepony thing, Rainbow? I get that it's MLP, but do you do that all game?

This is a really weird way to defend someone. You don't even point out how what I said was bullshit, like Flay did, you just (presumably) piggy-back on what he had to say. Kinda lazy honestly.

And why did you feel the need to tell me to get an avatar? Is it ruining your gameplay experience or something?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:54 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 31, Mr. Flay wrote:
In post 24, Desperado wrote:These two statements don't follow logically. If you don't "do" RVS, then by definition your first post should be contentful and contain pertinent questions.
Read again. Also note that I was the FIRST person to post after the mod announced D1. What content was I going to provide/analyze, other than questions? RQS isn't for spamming, either. As already explained, my question was pertinent, both to me and to the game as a whole. How people react to it is also important (to me).

The rest of your post is (to borrow a phrase) unmitigated bullshit so it's not even worth responding to. Bub may have felt like he had a reason to vote, but you're just spouting crap. Tell me again what RVS is "for" and why I should participate in it? Nobody ever "answers" for Random Votes.

More content in the morning, but I will definitely be looking at Blue Yoshi's posts more.

Then maybe you shouldn't have been the first person to post, if you were going to insist on both 1) not posting any worthwhile content, and b) not placing an RVS vote. If you had waited until someone else posted something worthy of analysis and then led with that without ever mentioning how you just don't "do" RVS then we wouldn't even be having this conversation, would we?

Your question wasn't pertinent at all, you said yourself that you don't know any of the people in this game because you haven't played for so long, and many of the players are not long-term members of the site anyway, so it's actually the complete opposite of a pertinent question because the answer is "none of us have any fucking idea what the most dangerous scum team is."

Finally, if you can't see how something as little as an RVS vote could be used to cull information, and why you refusing to do so even though you felt the need to participate in the other facet of RVS (posting random/pointless bullshit) is scummy, then we're probably going to have a problem this game.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 36, Desperado wrote:
In post 35, Elyse wrote:Hey, Desperado, get an avatar. And then stop pulling things out of your ass. Kthanxbye.

This is a really weird way to defend someone. You don't even point out how what I said was bullshit, like Flay did, you just (presumably) piggy-back on what he had to say. Kinda lazy honestly.

And why did you feel the need to tell me to get an avatar? Is it ruining your gameplay experience or something?

There are only so many ways to call what you said bullshit.

And getting an avatar just makes it easier for me to associate your posts to something. But if it's that big a problem, then don't get one.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Why wait for them to post to end RVS? Players flake, we already saw somepony do it. Also only one you can even try to call lurking here is qwints who has been around.

In post 34, jeromus wrote:Yeah, I have something to say to both YOLO and Keybladewielder.

The latter, to congratulate him for sharing in my appreciation of a wonderful series.

So jeromus is a very good scum pick too. Nice to know.

In post 35, Elyse wrote:Also, what's with the somepony thing, Rainbow? I get that it's MLP, but do you do that all game?

Yes. Yes I do.

Also use pictures when its fitting for conveyance of emotion. Welcome to one of if not the oldest roleplaying accounts on the site.

Vote jeromus

Second tier would be something like Bomb and KBW.

Think BY may be more newbie who doesnt get why he is being called scum than scum given his response.
You don't earn
loyalty
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Elyse »

Does typing out pony come naturally or do you have to think about it?

I swear this is my last question. I'm just curious.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:43 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 39, Rainbowdash wrote:Second tier would be something like Bomb and
KBW

Your second tier for scumminess includes someone who hasn't posted yet?? Explain the "confirmation timing" thing, I wasn't watching the game then. Also, are you one of those who hunts by finding Scum in a sea of Town, or finding Town in a sea of Scum? i.e. what is your default assumption?

Question goes for anybody else who wants to answer, too. Me, I tend toward assuming scum until proven otherwise.

In post 24, Desperado wrote:
In post 10, Mr. Flay wrote:
I don't do RVS, so my first post is either going to be contentless or contain 'random' questions.

These two statements don't follow logically. If you don't "do" RVS, then by definition your first post should be contentful and contain pertinent questions. By saying you don't do RVS but you also aren't going to post any content, what you're really saying is "I'm going to post unreadable shit AND not give you a vote to be analyzed later." You're trying to have your cake and eat it it too.
I'm going to chalk you up to "not getting it" for now, but keep an eye on you for later. RVS/RQS is just a way to kick off the lowest-information stage of the game. Since Day Starts have become the norm, it is much harder to get the ball rolling. Whatever people do to get information is fine, so long as it's actually forwarding the game. "wait and see what other people do next" (i.e. Blue Yoshi) is not useful. Lurking is not useful. Attacking is useful, so I'll grant you that. As for why I posted, I was online and it got the game into my topiclist. Usually I'll wait and pounce, as you'll see from older games.

Elyse
, why are you so worried about Rainbowdash's -pony fixation? That's basically all you've posted so far.
Blue Yoshi
Blue Yoshi
Goon
Blue Yoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Blue Yoshi »

At first I was confused as to why you thought I was scummy and that it was something that I just missed but when I looked back, there was just a small line of questioning.
Would you mind sharing where exactly you thought I was scummy, and what about Jeromus's post was scummy? I understand that it was a fluffy post, but your vote seems serious and I would like for you to share.
If you aren't sharing your reads it's going to make it a lot harder for people to communicate with you.

Pedit@flay: I tend to like looking for scum, though I'm not sure what you mean by my "waiting and seeing". I don't like waiting, I like starting discussion. That's what I like "seeing".
Hiatus: ~May 2014-April 17, 2016.
Computer obtained.
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 am

Post by Keybladewielder »

In post 34, jeromus wrote:Yeah, I have something to say to both YOLO and Keybladewielder.

Wish granted. Sorry for not posting, but I got grounded for not focusing on my studies. Damn algebra.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Flay, i don't really understand your explanation on not doing RVS becuz youclearly seem to be fine with attacking people but not RVS, how does you attack can pressurize a person with out voting them? if you want some one to talk..you put pressure them with your vote, no body is going to slip or talk without actual pressure.

And not being in the site for long time doesn't make you a different player. that looks like an apparent excuse...
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 15, Blue Yoshi wrote:Not necessarily, because even though it's a good start to get out of rvs, it's a bit hasty.
Plus I have yet to
see what Flay is actually going to do next
In post 19, Blue Yoshi wrote:In my other game getting out if RVS was quick and when we got the ball rolling discussion really picked up.
And w
e're already starting the transition
In post 21, Blue Yoshi wrote:
Consider the discussion we are having now
Crazy, right?
In post 22, Blue Yoshi wrote:Though you've shown me that you aren't too too willing to let stuff slip past you.
I'll be waiting to see what you do next!
In post 26, Blue Yoshi wrote:I was mostly talking about the discussion we're having right now, all fueled by the random vote I made.
While RVS is good for its own sake, it's good to get out of fast, and if things start slowing down doing something to create some sort of discussion is always fine.
I just like to start discussion rolling
This is all of your posts except the first and most recent. Where are you "starting discussion" here? Where are you "looking for scum"? You're posting often but not really saying anything for yourself. All of your posts are either contentless or referencing other people's words, not your own. You're actively lurking.

ArcAngel9 wrote:Flay, i don't really understand your explanation on not doing RVS becuz youclearly seem to be fine with attacking people but not RVS, how does you attack can pressurize a person with out voting them? if you want some one to talk..you put pressure them with your vote, no body is going to slip or talk without actual pressure.

And not being in the site for long time doesn't make you a different player. that looks like an apparent excuse...
Where did I say I was a different player than I used to be? I just said I was out of the mix and didn't know the playerbase as well as I used to. What do you think I'm trying to excuse?

For the last time, RVS =/= pressure. Questions can generate pressure just fine. RVS is random unless explicitly stated otherwise (Bub is a good example of this, as is Rainbow). RVS is just a method of getting the ball rolling so you can
then
do something that generates pressure. We're already out of it, which is the whole point in not participating in the traditional dice-rolling way.
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:29 am

In post 8, Rainbowdash wrote:
Vote KBW

Inconsequental question is inconsequental.

BB can be town for now.

VOTE: Rainbowdash

Why did you vote me? You don't know anything about me.

I hadn't even posted anything yet.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 40, Elyse wrote:Does typing out pony come naturally or do you have to think about it?

Took a few weeks to get good at it, now I as long as I remember who im posting as its pretty simple.

Blue Yoshi wrote:Would you mind sharing where exactly you thought I was scummy, and what about Jeromus's post was scummy? I understand that it was a fluffy post, but your vote seems serious and I would like for you to share.
If you aren't sharing your reads it's going to make it a lot harder for people to communicate with you.

He is paying attention to the part of the game which really is not important while ignoring the things that actually are valid topics of conversation such as Flays opening post and the RVS statements from both BY and Bomb. Its not as much fluff as it is avoidance of key topics to make a quip about the ones that really have no point.

Keybladewielder wrote:Why did you vote me? You don't know anything about me.

You were very slow to confirm despite being around. Its easily enough to justify an early vote, and I actually dont really mind a vote of you still at this point if this is all you really have to say after catching up with the game. Whats even wierder is that you are quoting my "RVS" of you, in which I haddent even said it might not be random. Why dont you have problems with the other random votes?

Also while I am far better at finding town than scum, I do scumhunt. Just its really rare that I go into my classic "hard defense" mode of a player and they are scum. Think ive only ended up doing that once of twice out of a whole bunch of those plays.
You don't earn
loyalty
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:09 am

In post 47, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 40, Elyse wrote:Does typing out pony come naturally or do you have to think about it?

Took a few weeks to get good at it, now I as long as I remember who im posting as its pretty simple.

Blue Yoshi wrote:Would you mind sharing where exactly you thought I was scummy, and what about Jeromus's post was scummy? I understand that it was a fluffy post, but your vote seems serious and I would like for you to share.

He is paying attention to the part of the game which really is not important while ignoring the things that actually are valid topics of conversation such as Flays opening post and the RVS statements from both BY and Bomb. Its not as much fluff as it is avoidance of key topics to make a quip about the ones that really have no point.

Keybladewielder wrote:Why did you vote me? You don't know anything about me.

You were very slow to confirm despite being around. Its easily enough to justify an early vote, and I actually dont really mind a vote of you still at this point if this is all you really have to say after catching up with the game. Whats even wierder is that you are quoting my "RVS" of you, in which I haddent even said it might not be random. Why dont you have problems with the other random votes?

Also while I am far better at finding town than scum, I do scumhunt. Just its really rare that I go into my classic "hard defense" mode of a player and they are scum. Think ive only ended up doing that once of twice out of a whole bunch of those plays.

I was not around, I was grounded for almost a week. deal with it.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Elyse »

@MrFlay
I was just curious, that's all.

UNVOTE: Bomb
VOTE: Keybladewielder
This:
Keybladewielder wrote:
In post 8, Rainbowdash wrote:
Vote KBW

Inconsequental question is inconsequental.

BB can be town for now.

VOTE: Rainbowdash

Why did you vote me? You don't know anything about me.

I hadn't even posted anything yet.

is a terrible vote. He is already showing how desperate he is to get votes off him, and it's a freaking RVS vote. Seems like he's nervous scum to me.

Seriously, can at least one of Desperado/KBW get an avatar?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”