Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:43 am

Post by don_johnson »

neither, but nice either/or fallacy.

see. i know terminology too.

nothing wrong with bandwagoning the "wrong" person. it happens all the time. its how you find the "right" person.

bandwagon =/= mislynch.

unnecessary caution is scummy.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:58 am

Post by mozamis »

The answer you just gave refers to your opinion (almost certainly true btw) that a mislynch day 1 isn't a disaster for town. So fair play to you.
Russia was clearly worried, being new, that a bandwagon could lead to a mislynch, which is a common noob concern.
But, your post 65 IS either getting what Russia said wrong, or a misrep. He did (effectively) say that mislynching is bad, and your post 65 is a direct contradiction of that.
To clarify: I'm not interested in a discussion about whether or not a mislynch day 1 is bad for town (or more accurately, how bad). I was pointing out that you misrepped him/got what he said wrong.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Deltabacon »

I'm concerned about Don there, he looks very confrontational, but I'm not seeing why seemingly experienced scum would try to misrepresent a common newbie concern, so I'll be giving that the benefit of the doubt for now. Slandaar and Rev, I agree, look quite bad, but I'm still a hair more inclined towards Slandaar being scum than Rev at this stage. I'm not actually sure why. Slandaar raises illegitimate concerns and hypocritically accuses Rev of them, but Rev goes all Rambo on the defensive.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Slandaar »

There is no hypocrisy in my posts

Put it like this; my first post of the game is infinitely more useful than Rev's.
Twitch da Woof
Twitch da Woof
Townie
Twitch da Woof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Twitch da Woof »

In post 75, don_johnson wrote:neither, but nice either/or fallacy.

see. i know terminology too.

nothing wrong with bandwagoning the "wrong" person. it happens all the time. its how you find the "right" person.

bandwagon =/= mislynch.

unnecessary caution is scummy.

Looks town, but exceptionally weakly town.

In post 77, Deltabacon wrote:I'm concerned about Don there, he looks very confrontational, but I'm not seeing why seemingly experienced scum would try to misrepresent a common newbie concern, so I'll be giving that the benefit of the doubt for now. Slandaar and Rev, I agree, look quite bad, but I'm still a hair more inclined towards Slandaar being scum than Rev at this stage. I'm not actually sure why. Slandaar raises illegitimate concerns and hypocritically accuses Rev of them, but
Rev goes all Rambo on the defensive.

Care to derive a speculative guess at Rev's alignment based on the bolded?

On a fairly relevant note, do you think the above exchange, should Rev flip town from a lynch today, indicate that Slandaar is scum or could this be orchestrated as a long term strategy?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:46 am

Post by don_johnson »

mozamis: you missed the point entirely. he did not use the word "mislynch". he used the word "bandwagon". different words. what he meant may have been how you interpret it, but it also may not. you are putting words in his mouth. i am giving the oppurtunity to defend himself. communication is everything. i could say:

"bandwagons are good."

would you interpret that as:

"mislynches are good." ?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Bacde »

Rev gets super defensive as town,

I haven't seen him play as scum so he might get super defensive as scum as well.

Either way I don't think his over-defensiveness is necessarily alignment indicative

I'm having a really hard time trusting slandaar since he was scum in my only game w/ him, so I have no idea how to read him.

@Moz get your vote off me you foolish fool
Limo
Limo
Goon
Limo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:05 am

Post by Limo »

Mozamis, please don't further this argument with don. It isn't going to get us anywhere.

Slandaar, your vote-stalling earlier on is entirely reflective of how there's no underlying motivation in your posts that indicate incrimination towards the players you're mentioning. The post that Rev made that you champion as the post you caught him in is actually not as telling as you think it is. I can still barely discern what you're getting at.
FoS: Slandaar

Vote stays.
russianov
russianov
Townie
russianov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:13 am

Post by russianov »

Slandaar pretty much just told Rev that he wasn't very good and now they're throwing multiple paragraphs at each other.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Slandaar »

lol

No I didn't.

Go get some quotes.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 36, Slandaar wrote:
He ignored the Russianov stuff completely when it is actually suspicious until you look at his posts on site; he obviously felt it isn't so why not say so?

In post 41, Revenus wrote:
In post 39, Slandaar wrote:You.

I don't understand where you're getting how I feel about anyone in my first post aside from continuing your joke from your first post.

In post 51, Revenus wrote:Like, out of all the players in the game, you single me out because I didn't comment on something I didn't think was worth commenting on.

How obvious does it need to be?

I say; rev could have said the russian stuff isn't anything and explain why he thinks that

Rev say: WHAT HOW YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK???

Later Rev say: I DIDNT THINK THERE WAS ANYTHING IN IT.

The point being; it doesn't matter how I know what hes thinking when I am right.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 51, Revenus wrote:Like, out of all the players in the game, you single me out because I didn't comment on something I didn't think was worth commenting on.

Why me? Why me? Why did you focus on me???

In post 51, Revenus wrote:
Something you obviously feel is important in determining how "bad" I am at this game.

As said; this comes from the fact he knows hes caught at no point did I insinuate this.
Something you haven't talked about at all, other than wanting me to comment on it.

As said; I have commented on it, Rev even quoted the post earlier so hes just misrepping religiously.
Like, did my RVS vote scare you that much? It was a joke, but now I'm fine keeping it on your disingenuous ass.

Where did this even come from? its just nonsense

The guy is scum.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 61, Revenus wrote:
In post 36, Slandaar wrote:
He ignored the Russianov stuff completely
when it is actually suspicious until you look at his posts on site;
he obviously felt it isn't so why not say so?

nor have you addressed Russianov at all; how is it that little old Revenus should be talking about this situation when you haven't even talked about it?

Amazing. I have said what I thought about it.

Its like when I said repeatedly I did Rev thought I was lying yet didn't accuse me so.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by Revenus »

Half of your "case" on me is from that yet your sentence construction is so poor I, and the rest of the game, was unable to tell that you were actually giving your thoughts on Russianov in that paragraph.

"He ignored the Russianov stuff completely when it is actually suspicious until you look at his posts on site;"

When you read this it looks like you are telling me it is suspicious that I have ignored the Russianov stuff until you iso me; if you say "he" to refer to me, then switch to using "his" to refer to Russianov, NO ONE IS GOING TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE SWITCHED". Then, you follow up with another use of "he". It's fucking confusing.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by Revenus »

In post 73, mozamis wrote:@Rev -I want to find scum, and that involves asking other people questions. And I didn't have much to say about what is probably the usual town-on-town opening argument between whoever happens to be posting the most.
And I will only say this once, as it barely needs to be said at all. My Slandaar "buddying" was very obviously RVS joking.
@Ztife -why are you voting Rev?
@Bacde: last time we played you lurked as scum, so I will keep my vote on you until you contribute, or someting else big happens. (This is my RVS vote becoming serious btw).

Fair enough.

Also, I agree that don johnson is misrepping, or at least, misinterpreting Russianov; I read it simply as him saying that he doesn't think early bandwagons are good, and that if we bandwagon town, it's bad.

On a sidenote, this is why I still don't understand why it is such a big deal that I needed to comment on Russianov.

Finaly, I'm trying to understand Slandaar's case on me since he keeps saying he "caught" me. Slandaar, lay it out for me one more time, will you? In English people can actually understand. From what I've seen, it has nothing to do with me RVS voting, or that I didn't comment on Russianov, but the fact that Slandaar can't possibly be calling me bad when he's scum, therefore, I'm scum. Am I right here?

In post 57, Slandaar wrote:Him suggesting I am thinking he is bad;
If he thinks I am scum genuinely then the fact is I can't think hes bad due to current events; ie hes voting me. So, he cannot actually think I am scum thinking this.

Therefore he is in fact scum himself as his thoughts do not come from town.

Is this case coming from dumbass town or dumbass scum?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Post by Bacde »

welp this game has now been defined by the rev and slandaar interactions

I was hoping we could avoid it, but its too late now the game has been defined

Looks like this is the point where we take our sticks and draw a line in the sand and take sides

but first I'm going to

Vote: twitch da woof
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by Revenus »

bacde are you scum?
Twitch da Woof
Twitch da Woof
Townie
Twitch da Woof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by Twitch da Woof »

In post 90, Bacde wrote:welp this game has now been defined by the rev and slandaar interactions

I was hoping we could avoid it, but its too late now the game has been defined

Looks like this is the point where we take our sticks and draw a line in the sand and take sides

but first I'm going to

Vote: twitch da woof

Okay.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

OK Rev English comprehension classes;
In post 61, Revenus wrote:
In post 36, Slandaar wrote:He made a terrible random vote when he could have voted seriously.

He ignored the Russianov stuff completely when it is actually suspicious until you look at his posts on site; he obviously felt it isn't so why not say so?

So, I'm not scummy at this point for you, but "bad". Already you are trying to discredit someone who is voting you, even when it's a joke.

So here I clearly say 'his vote was terrible'

Now Rev says 'not scummy I am bad'

See Rev is talking about himself, where I am talking about the vote for example;

Man Utd played terrible yesterday; you are talking about their play
Man Utd are the best team in England; you are talking about your opinion on them.

Difference is very very obvious the two are completely independent of each other.

So, Rev explain to me something;

Why do you think that I thought you were bad from the one RVS vote; do you think this is a sensible assumption to make? Does your RVS vote make you look like a bad player in your opinion?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:36 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 88, Revenus wrote:Half of your "case" on me is from that yet your sentence construction is so poor I, and the rest of the game, was unable to tell that you were actually giving your thoughts on Russianov in that paragraph.

No half of YOUR case on ME, my case has nothing to do with you not understanding although I can see that it may be misinterpreted.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:38 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 89, Revenus wrote:
Finaly, I'm trying to understand Slandaar's case on me since he keeps saying he "caught" me. Slandaar, lay it out for me one more time, will you?

Include All those posts above yours along with your terrible RVS vote

Then let me know why you are voting me when your case doesn't exist anymore.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 55, Slandaar wrote:
In post 50, Revenus wrote:Why exactly is it so important that I comment on russianov when you haven't done so yourself?

I did.

His reply post;
In post 61, Revenus wrote: you did not address, nor have you addressed Russianov at all; how is it that little old Revenus should be talking about this situation when you haven't even talked about it?

There is no cohesion to his thoughts; I say I did he just completely ignores it; either I lied or I am telling the truth but this doesn't matter to him.

also; 'little old revenus' is scummy because he is trying to act the innocent.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:52 am

Post by Revenus »

I really wish someone who made sense was attacking me.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:01 am

Post by Slandaar »

You have no answer

How... surprising.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon
Kingmaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:06 am

Post by Kingmaker »

Vote Count 1.4

Bacde: 2 (mozamis, Suffer)
Revenus: 3 (Mac, Slandaar, ztife)
russianov: 2 (Limo, don_johnson)
Slandaar: 2 (Revenus, Deltabacon)
Twitch da Woof: 1 (Bacde)

Not Voting: russianov, TheTrollie, Twitch da Woof,

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch and 7 votes to go to night.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-03-14 13:30:00)

Looking for a replacement for TheTrollie

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”