/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 27

penguin_alien (5) - Deasvail, Konowa, Shadoweh, Llamarble, Wickedestjr
N (6) - Tierce, CrashTextDummie, Empire, penguin_alien, Tammy, Vi

Vi (2) - Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum
CrashTextDummie (3) - N, Nachomamma8, Johhog

Not voting (0) :
NO ONE

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • Tierce is V/la

Guess the music video! It has a dog called Toby in it and the song comes from the album "Loose". It also OWNS. #Overtired

Deadline less than 2 days away.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 640, N wrote:
In post 636, Wickedestjr wrote:A check of some of N's past games says that his play here most resembles his town meta.

Which games did you check?

Micros 76,110,112
NY 160
Open 469
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by Johhog »

In post 637, CrashTextDummie wrote:Johhog, answer this instead of throwing more BS at me:

In post 551, CrashTextDummie wrote:
Johhog wrote:I could get behind a CTD lynch though. I think he's pretty clearly trying to stay out of the limelight by asking pseudo-scumhunting questions, that hardly can be used to actually lure out the scum.

Please give concrete examples of me asking pseudo-scumhunting questions. The accusation that I'm "clearly trying to stay out of the limelight" is patently ridiculous because I've clearly been very pro-active in trying to get wagons going and have been very vocal with my suspicions.

Also, you haven't said a single peep about N and Penguin-Alien (other than your random vote shenanigans), the two leading wagons, and I find that very problematic.

You've been trying to get wagons going?! You've only voted for people who were already popular wagons or were heavily suspected. Your statement is simply not true. All your opinions are unnaturally uncontroversial.

Also, reading N as town, could be persuaded to vote penguin_alien at deadline or something, if it's needed.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

So you can't give concrete examples of me asking pseudo-scumhunting questions. Making shit up confirmed.

And of course you could be persuaded to vote penguin-alien at deadline. Ignoring a wagon all day long and then going "oh well, deadline-lynch" is shady as fuck. Why do you have a town-read on N?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:30 am

Post by Johhog »

Can't say I'm interested in you. If other people want me to answer your questions, then that's OK. But it's wasted time to give in to your laughable threats.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:12 am

Post by Llamarble »

I don't have an answer for you CTD beyond people posted stuff and I reread. For a sciency person I rely on holistic reads a sizeable amount of the time.
Honestly, rereading N again I'm not going to be yelling in his defense.
I really don't feel I have this figured out yet and the people leading the N wagon have pedigree / pro-town-ness.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:50 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 636, Wickedestjr wrote:A check of some of N's past games says that his play here most resembles his town meta. He's been useless, which is annoying, but that's not enough reason for a lynch- especially on day 1 (not saying why).

...N explicitly says he's attempting to play differently than his past style, and your conclusion is that he's playing like he did in the past? And the "not saying why" is really shady.

I would much prefer a penguin lynch. Every serious vote she has cast was opportunistic. I don't think that can be said of anyone else. Note, as I said before, it took 20 pages and a few votes for N before penguin realized that N's lack of contribution was suspicious and voteworthy. I don't buy it.

Yes, I thought Llamarble was the scummiest for a while. At that time too, I was considering N's play in contrast to my previous game with him. After he kept being disengaged and deliberately side-stepping the issues of the game, I decided that overrode previous meta in my judgment.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:21 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 653, CrashTextDummie wrote:So you can't give concrete examples of me asking pseudo-scumhunting questions. Making shit up confirmed.

And of course you could be persuaded to vote penguin-alien at deadline. Ignoring a wagon all day long and then going "oh well, deadline-lynch" is shady as fuck. Why do you have a town-read on N?
In post 654, Johhog wrote:Can't say I'm interested in you. If other people want me to answer your questions, then that's OK. But it's wasted time to give in to your laughable threats.
/} Stop dodging and answer him. Why is N Town?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:46 am

Post by Vi »

In post 652, Johhog wrote:Also, reading N as town, could be persuaded to vote penguin_alien at deadline or something, if it's needed.
^^^trying to force No Lynch
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:34 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

CTD wrote:And of course you could be persuaded to vote penguin-alien at deadline. Ignoring a wagon all day long and then going "oh well, deadline-lynch" is shady as fuck.

How is that "shady as fuck"?

In post 656, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 636, Wickedestjr wrote:A check of some of N's past games says that his play here most resembles his town meta. He's been useless, which is annoying, but that's not enough reason for a lynch- especially on day 1 (not saying why).

...N explicitly says he's attempting to play differently than his past style, and your conclusion is that he's playing like he did in the past?

No, my conclusion is that his play here is more similar to his town meta than his scum meta.

penguin wrote:And the "not saying why" is really shady.

The "not saying why" was only in regard to the "especially on day 1" comment. How was that comment "really shady"?

In post 656, penguin_alien wrote:Yes, I thought Llamarble was the scummiest for a while. At that time too, I was considering N's play in contrast to my previous game with him. After he kept being disengaged and deliberately side-stepping the issues of the game, I decided that overrode previous meta in my judgment.

...and you made that decision right around the time N had four votes. Coincidence? I think not. Note, also, that in the post prior to your vote post you seemed to be leaning town on his play- you pointed out how his play here was different from his typical scum play.
-Wickedestjr
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:16 am

Post by Faraday »

Prodding Nachomamma8
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:32 am

Post by Benmage »

unvote vote N

Maybe we can lynch scum Vi tomorrow?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:15 am

Post by penguin_alien »

N's play was different than one scum game I played with him--hardly conclusive, only enough for me to want to see how his play here evolved. During the intervening time, he made nine posts that were even less scum-hunty. I changed my mind based on new evidence.

So what did you mean by 'not saying why'? Because I interpreted that as having some reason specifically to keep him alive beyond being a town read that you don't want to share. Which leans scum to me.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Empire »

Might not have time to post again before deadline. Both wagons rule so I'm fine with either of them going today (P.S.: lynch N). As far as my reads go, remember my list, though my Johhog and CES townreads are really really weak and should probably be re-examined at some point depending on the flips.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Llamarble »

N should claim.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

penguin wrote:So what did you mean by 'not saying why'? Because I interpreted that as having some reason specifically to keep him alive beyond being a town read that you don't want to share. Which leans scum to me.

I added the 'not saying why' comment to show that I had a reason for believing this kind of lynch was bad on day 1 especially (but I didn't feel the need to explain). And it
is
a reason beyond my town read on him. Why do you find that suspicious? What motivation would I have to say that as mafia?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

N is at L-2. I agree that he should claim now.
-Wickedestjr
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

It's not that I'm not here, I just don't have anything new to add and I am semi-happy with how the wagons are going. I still believe pengu-flip is more useful then N-flip to compare the two. Waiting for claims because I like those~
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Vi »

Oh hey
less than a day left
and rapidly approaching a point where claims are too little too late.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 659, Wickedestjr wrote:
CTD wrote:And of course you could be persuaded to vote penguin-alien at deadline. Ignoring a wagon all day long and then going "oh well, deadline-lynch" is shady as fuck.

How is that "shady as fuck"?

Johhog seems to be uniquely disinterested in ascertaining penguin-alien's alignment. He's had the bit in the beginning where he "suspected her for lurking" and then there is no other mention of her in his ISO until I specifically asked him about her. Meanwhile, every other player in the game has interacted with her, given reads on her or otherwise acknowledged her wagon. She has literally been a person of interest to anyone but Johhog. That's issue number one.

Secondly, offering to vote at deadline is exactly the kind of stance a scumbag would want to take in this situation, as it absolves him of any kind of responsibility. Does Johhog think she's a good wagon? A scum-driven wagon? Does he lean scum or town on her? I would expect a pro-town person to give thoughts on this along with an offer to deadline lynch. That he is being deliberately opaque on the matter (his wording "[...] if it's needed" indicates that he would vote her for the sole purpose of avoiding no lynch and gives zero indication of his thoughts on the matter) serves a scum agenda exclusively.

Waiting for N to claim, yadda yadda.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Benmage »

Ughh I think playing rugby below 40 got me sick. Fighting something so I still havent done anything.

22 hours N needs to hurry up... I think its likely already past the point of no return.. yay rushed lynches!
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Tammy »

I was hoping to have more energy to comment on some things, but drugs are kicking in and I'm heading to bed. I'll try to get to this tomorrow morning, but I have an interview tomorrow I need to prepare for, so etc.

Don't like Penguin's comment about Wicked saying "not going to say why" being shady. And I agree with Empire that Penguin can just as easily be scum with N, who's most recent string of posts are just twitch inducing.

I hope Vi's "Trying to force No Lynch" thing against Johhog is trolling. I'm suspicious of Johhog and didn't think he remotely meant that.

There was something else. Forgot.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 28

penguin_alien (5) - Deasvail, Konowa, Shadoweh, Llamarble, Wickedestjr
N (7) - Tierce, CrashTextDummie, Empire, penguin_alien, Tammy, Vi, Benmage

Vi (1) -Cogito Ergo Sum
CrashTextDummie (3) - N, Nachomamma8, Johhog

Not voting (0) :
NO ONE

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • Tierce is V/la

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by Tierce »

Do you need more evidence that N does not have this game as a priority when he's at L-2 and is the most likely lynch, having been asked to claim? He has been around at least twice since Llamarble and Wickedestjr's claim requests, and nary a peep was heard from him. Lynch away.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by N »

In post 656, penguin_alien wrote:

...N explicitly says he's attempting to play differently than his past style, and your conclusion is that he's playing like he did in the past?

The games Wicked listed are my two most recently completed town games, in which I played much the same as here.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”