/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Post by N »

In post 662, penguin_alien wrote:N's play was different than one scum game I played with him--hardly conclusive, only enough for me to want to see how his play here evolved. During the intervening time, he made nine posts that were even less scum-hunty. I changed my mind based on new evidence.

So what did you mean by 'not saying why'? Because I interpreted that as having some reason specifically to keep him alive beyond being a town read that you don't want to share. Which leans scum to me.

Do you have opinions of your own?
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Post by N »

In post 673, Tierce wrote:Do you need more evidence that N does not have this game as a priority when he's at L-2 and is the most likely lynch, having been asked to claim? He has been around at least twice since Llamarble and Wickedestjr's claim requests, and nary a peep was heard from him. Lynch away.

Jesus, Tierce, what the fuck.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Post by Tierce »

It's like it's magic. Where's your claim and where is your scumhunting, N? Are you going to keep up just defending yourself with some vague meta statements without anything else, 17 hours to deadline?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Post by N »

Okay, if I'm being lynched today I won't be able to give my Empire case, because it revolves around Mini 1407, in which we have both flipped but which is ongoing. I sent Faraday what I wanted to post, but he said no.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by Tierce »

It's a Normal game. It shouldn't take
minutes
for you to claim once you see the request and know you are at L-2, much less
hours
, much less whinging when I point out that you have been active elsewhere in the intervening time. Stop stalling and claim.

And wanting to make a "case" out of an ongoing game when you know perfectly well you are not allowed to do so is... come on. It's yet more stalling. Out with that claim.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Post by N »

And seeing as I'm burning bridges with Tierce, I may as well say that the main reason I don't want to claim is because she's trying to force me to. However, she is playing to her town meta, or at least she's playing exactly the same as in Mr Flay's recent game. She was the main push on every town wagon in that game and the scum managed to ride her coat-tails for the win. She's decided that I am obviously scum and there's nothing that can ever change her mind about that, so I'm not going to bother.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by N »

The only thing Tierce is yet to do to be playing literally exactly the same game is to call herself town for posting while she's V/LA.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by N »

In post 679, Tierce wrote:And wanting to make a "case" out of an ongoing game when you know perfectly well you are not allowed to do so is... come on.

I didn't want to make a case out of an ongoing game, I wanted to wait for it to be over before I would make a case out of a recently finished game.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by Tierce »

The best part is that he apparently wants to compare an Empire Town game to the current one when there are LOTS of finished Empire Town games, in hydras or alone (recent ones, too!), but no, this ongoing is too precious. And I'm shutting up at this point because modkills are bad things.

PEdit: O hey Zdenek, nice seeing you again. If you didn't want to play with me, no one forced you to have me
not
on your DNW list, so... *shrug* I'm back to bed. If you are Town and think your performance is in any way acceptable (when I'm hardly the only one thinking you are scum), thanks for playing against your wincon!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 680, N wrote:And seeing as I'm burning bridges with Tierce, I may as well say that the main reason I don't want to claim is because she's trying to force me to.
This is great too, considering that you were online after the claim request, that I hadn't pushed you for it yet, and that you didn't claim
then
, despite having ample opportunity to.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Johhog »

In post 669, CrashTextDummie wrote:Secondly, offering to vote at deadline is exactly the kind of stance a scumbag would want to take in this situation, as it absolves him of any kind of responsibility. Does Johhog think she's a good wagon? A scum-driven wagon? Does he lean scum or town on her? I would expect a pro-town person to give thoughts on this along with an offer to deadline lynch. That he is being deliberately opaque on the matter (his wording "[...] if it's needed" indicates that he would vote her for the sole purpose of avoiding no lynch and gives zero indication of his thoughts on the matter) serves a scum agenda exclusively.

False. I just think Penguin is a tiny bit scummier than N, and everything is better than a no lynch.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vote: N
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Hi my name is not Tierce. N you are being an idiot, just shut up and claim.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Like holy fuck it is terrible of you to act like that would be a reason not to claim, you're at L-1 now, we want you to claim in case you're something to turn this around for. (Or in some people's cases so they can hammer you for claiming to be cool? I can't claim to understand people). It isn't just Tierce, it's common sense.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Actually, while you're at it, stop posturing about pengu and vote him because it's You Or Him.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm back! And after I make food, this game is my top priority. I'll have something nice before I go to sleep.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:23 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I will hammer if needed before deadline.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 568, Tierce wrote:
In post 567, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 557, Tierce wrote:Vi is not being fluffy enough. Benvolio is a terrible pick for Benmage. Plus, that means he survives, and
yuck

I was about to ask a cool question, then the votecount turned it into a boring question. So you get another boringish question as I ignore Messieurs Quote Stripes CrashTextMamma8. Tammy, the hot date with Big Blue should be over by now--thoughts on the wagons?
:(
why do you ignore me?
Because you're all NachoofIllusion and it's boring and I'm V/LA in Paris. Is there anything I should be looking at, abridged version? I thought you were pretty studiously ignoring my presence in the game and was having no trouble returning the favor, at least for Today.

I was hoping you'd glance at what I've said about N so far :(

In post 569, Empire wrote:Ok, I know this isn't addressed at me but stuff like this is making me twitch to the point where I have to respond here. There are two obvious problems with this: 1) N's apparent is intended to obfuscate not clarify, so the Fate analogy makes no sense here, and 2) it makes zero sense to take up a playstyle change that, for pretty much any roster, is more likely to get you lynched, not less -- so that playstyle shift does not seem genuine to me at all and likely borne out of scum finding it hard to bullshit reads

1) Fate shifted his style to wall of text shit, which he knew people probably wouldn't be able to read thanks to all of his meta being geared around the normal Fate meta, but covered it up by stating that "oh, I'm making myself easier to read!". N stated that he is shifting his style because he gets mislynched a lot and alienates himself early, wants to try something new out. He did not state motivation for why he chose this specific game, only that he wanted to switch up his playstyle. Saying that he is trying something new doesn't have any clear motivations for a town player, and N not bringing up fake town motivations to justify his specific switch tells me that he's not providing that information as an avenue for someone to townread him by (notice that his defense to Tierce's accusation is "you don't know my meta" as opposed to using the playstyle shift as a defense), but instead as a bit of a "my play probably won't fit into either meta later".

2) A playstyle change that makes you more likely to get lynched is a shitty playstyle change for town and scum, yeah. I think that it's within his ability as scum to fake
anything
, and what you're seeing here is not N-scum flailing in a desperate attempt to create something because he's that horrible as scum. In fact, I'm fairly confident that most players here, the very newest newbies included, can create something along the lines of actual reasoning, so "he can't think of anything to bring up, but he can think to pretend to be making a playstyle shift which can cover up for his inability to make up reasoning completely!" is a shit attack that you definitely shouldn't be making at this point.

In post 577, Tammy wrote:Don't feel like going there, and part of this is because I have a working town read on CES and he's got opposition to the wagon.

What's the other reason you wouldn't feel like going here?

In post 577, Tammy wrote:He also committed one of my favorite scum tells, in as much as I believe in scum tells, in Post 407. I did have this happen to me once.

>.>
It wasn't a wall of reads that N lost; it was a wall of snark, spurred by Shadoweh and me telling him to post one. There's a very big difference in between walls of reads and walls of snark.

In post 577, Tammy wrote:My knee jerk reaction was to talk to you on aim about how ridiculous it was that he thinks you're scum. It just really speaks to the fact that I can't follow N's thought process at all. But, it's probably because it's just not a town thought process.

Or probably because you know Empire well enough to know how town he looks right now, while N really doesn't know him as well so the jump on his wagon without prior reasoning and pushing on it without the genuineness of Tierce instead looks like scum bulldogging?

In post 586, Vi wrote:The fact that CES is doing more than trolling per 583 comes as a legitimate surprise to me.

This post felt like the first non-fluff post of the game, and it's mostly defense, a little posturing for a CES attack. Why bother, given your current level of interest in the game?

In post 590, Wickedestjr wrote:...yeah, most of the stuff I already said.

"his reads and justification to those reads" - Which reads, what justification?
"Pointed out things which I used to read other players" - What does this have to do with anything?
"I don't get the impression he's 'faking' anything" - Why does something that doesn't make sense to you make it hard to fake?

In post 612, DeasVail wrote:Ok, I'm as updated as I can be with my reads and still support a Penguin lynch.

Could we get something more than this?

In post 626, Empire wrote:Oh and for my fellow tinfoil theorists out there, it's very likely that N and penguin are scum together (see: penguin's abrupt 180 stance on N, N's awkward reaction to her vote, and his seemingly willful refusal to give a read on her despite pointing out that her vote was bad).

Then you should have no problem reading penguin, correct?

In post 656, penguin_alien wrote:...N explicitly says he's attempting to play differently than his past style, and your conclusion is that he's playing like he did in the past? And the "not saying why" is really shady.

Many people have said this before. How is someone calling him town the first time you pick up on this?

In post 683, Tierce wrote:The best part is that he apparently wants to compare an Empire Town game to the current one when there are LOTS of finished Empire Town games, in hydras or alone (recent ones, too!), but no, this ongoing is too precious. And I'm shutting up at this point because modkills are bad things.

there is an obvious reason for this
a very obvious reason
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: penguin_alien

Once the remnants of the CTD wagon move over, things should be 8 and 8 with Benmage holding the hammer, and I'd be pretty happy with that.

Deas, what's been going on with you lately?

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'm really sorry, I've been busy/lazy since uni started. :(

I feel ok with where my reads are at though. (I can never work out whether it's best to be open with them or closed, but if people want them I could probably post them Day 2)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I want them! I'm working on getting mine into something solid right now, so you wouldn't be alone if you decided to post them early.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I would, but I've got uni work to do tonight :( (which I really should have done before now)

I'll see if I can squeeze in some time, but I'm not sure.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 am

Post by Vi »

In post 671, Tammy wrote:I hope Vi's "Trying to force No Lynch" thing against Johhog is trolling. I'm suspicious of Johhog and didn't think he remotely meant that.
Not trolling, and in retrospect what I meant probably wasn't correct, but I am kind of frustrated about how no one is actually threatening an imminent lynch. By 679 you don't say
out with that claim
, you say
out with that windpipe

The main reason I question if what I said was correct was because I kind of predict N will flip Town now. :/

Unvote: N
Vote: penguin_alien
(L-2)

Nacho 692 wrote:This post felt like the first non-fluff post of the game, and it's mostly defense, a little posturing for a CES attack. Why bother, given your current level of interest in the game?
I question your definition of fluff.
I thought I needed to flip the Looks Town switch.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:44 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ooo wait. I actually think the whole thing about 1407 and wanting to post an Empire case might be pretty town. Is there a way of quickly getting Penguin run up?

Also, quick colourless reads because I finished a little earlier than expected yay!

Pretty Confident Town:

Empire
Johhog
Tammy
Tierce

Less Confident Town:

Benmage
Llamarble
N

???? (depends on stuff/still deciding):

Konowa

Reads on everyone else are pretty weak (except Penguin, but even she's not that strong). If I need to put them somewhere right now I'll decide when I have more time, but yeah, I'm a bit unsure with the lack of time and everything, but I may actually want to push harder against a N lynch. I don't know what to say though. I think N is less likely scum than I thought before so we should lynch Penguin maybe?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:06 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 697, Vi wrote:I thought I needed to flip the Looks Town switch.

I could gather this much, but why?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”