Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 am

Post by Equinox »

It's Wednesday, isn't it?

jasonT1981, pick a wagon and sit on it. kuribo is not scum, and kuribo is not getting lynched. Be lazy if you want, but you know more about the game state than I do and yet you're managing to do less.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2524, Equinox wrote:I'd love to lynch Nostredeus, but the only other person who happens to think the same way about how vaguely skeevy (or skeevily vague, or maybe both) he's been -- you

Really? Sometimes I feel like I've forgotten how to read.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:55 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 3, Votecount 19

ChannelDeliBird (1) - Benmage
Equinox (4) - ChannelDelibird, BT, Nostredeus, Plessiezarus
BT (6) - kuribo, Deasvail, Cerulean, Zdenek, camn, Equinox

Not voting (2) :
JasonT1981, Shaft

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 9th of March at 17:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-09 13:15:28)
  • Deasvail is V/la

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:58 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 2526, Zdenek wrote:Really? Sometimes I feel like I've forgotten how to read.

Oh, fuck. Sorry, Zdenek.

Make that two people. Or maybe three since now that I've looked back kuribo seems to be developing a thirst for Cookie Monster-flavored cookie dough.
Yeah, okay, it's real early in the morning still.

...can't we just lynch Nostredeus? I promise I'll read BT over Night?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Benmage »

Definitely okay with a Nost lynch.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Equinox »

Oh, what the hell. I'll sing for 3 days if I have to.

Unvote, Vote: Nostredeus

Hop on for super happy fun times!

Preview edit: Oh, yay, make it four now. Pleeeeease? If the dinosaur hops on, it'll make 5 and there's gotta be somebody who just wants a dead body by the end of the Day.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:18 am

Post by BT »

First priority is math:

2 * 2
- 3 + 1 + 1 +
6 * 1
-
3 / 3
+ 3
- 3 + 1 + 1 +
-
+ 3
1 + 1 + 1 + 6 - 1 + 3
3 + 6 - 1 + 3
9 - 1 + 3
8 + 3

In post 2518, kuribo wrote:
Every defense just boils down to lololol u so stupid. Their blatant attempts to discredit their wagons are so insanely scummy that I just want to vomit white hot fury into the thread

I'm probably going to say this a lot but, really, no, no. Nothing about it is 'insanely scummy' -- if I think you're wrong I'm going to tell you that you're wrong. This didn't happen yesterday, and it's happening today, why? Because, again, I could recognize the reason why people wanted to string me up. The situation now is that you and your hydra friend's arguments are legitimately flawed or
entirely
wrong and I'm trying to make it painfully obvious to you with aggressive behavior, which you say is discrediting, I guess. The only problem is that you take my efforts and translate it into even more *wrong* and I become
actually
ticked off and it's a neverending cycle.

Actually, scratch that, I think I realize why I've been so upset a-la "I'm fucking town". I don't think you're going to like it.

I also have a test tomorrow but I'll at the very least reply to things and post thoughts. The townreads are, surprise, town, and shouldn't be looked at (benmage MAYBE but there really are much much better options), Jason is solid town for what I said earlier, zden is obvious, kuribo is almost as obvious, camn and Kise both have compelling reasons to drop them (absta and full role respectively), and we're left with {Equinox, DeasVail, Nostredeus, ChannelDelibird}. Aside from buddying paranoia, I don't particularly want CDB lynched and that's not happening anyway. So... those three. My thoughts are scrambled at the moment so I'll save them until I've properly read the last few pages. All three of these are at least decent lynches. Definitely far from what the SAD lynch made me feel yesterday.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:56 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2425, Equinox wrote:
In post 2423, Nostredeus wrote:Equinox, are you saying you find Zdenek potentially scummy? If so can you please link me a game with a scum aligned friendly neighbor, I could do with a source or two to see how scum friendly neighbors play and I can't find an example of it happening.

That's not what I said. I'm looking at Zdenek not because I'm suspicious of him -- actually I think he's town -- but because I'm interested in potential reasons for why he is alive, since I am also looking into potential reasons for why scum killed the people they did.

I'll take a look at the rest in a bit, working on something that's due in a couple of hours.

I'm not very surprised Zdenek wasn't killed. Yes he's modconfirmed town. But his play was lackluster, and I'm sure scum wanted to kill either A) Stronger town players B) search for Powerroles. C) Those attacking them. D) Combo.

I'm assuming D. I just glanced back at Sotty's iso... A Nost Kill on Sotty (not necessarily nost performing the kill) Makes sense. Scum killed Shadoweh who was heavily against Abstas. Scum killed Sotty, who attacked Nost. Sotty fits every criteria, seems an easy connection.

In post 2432, Zdenek wrote:There's another issue with Benmage that's probably worth pointing out. Earlier, he's voting Kuribo and thinks that he's scum, Kuribo self-votes and Benmage immediately unvotes saying that he's never seen scum do that. This reads more like a textbook response to an event than to something that he actually thought about as town. Benmage has played with Kuribo before, and I think that he'd have realized that Kuribo would self-vote as scum (personally, I think that there is little that I would put beyond Kuribo-scum). Moreover, Benmage has been in a game where he's seen scum day-vig another scum, so his lack of suspicion here is disconcerting.

You're lukcy you're confirmed town Zed.. I don't get where your drawing your conclusions from.

-Yes I found kuribos slot scummy. Its annoying that kuribo keeps writing off peta sucking, as peta always sucking. I don't have experience with peta. So excuses of peta trolling falls flat. Peta lied in thread, and I caught him in it. And that was just one of my concerns with the slot. I've come around to kuribo being town. His over-the-top self meta analyzing + wine reads like something I'd do. I self meta all the fucking time, and I do so to an extreme as town. Its been a begrudging alignment switch because I probably was a little confirmation bias not just because I found the slot scummy, but also that people were instantly writing him off as town just due to what felt like an activity surge. I just had AngryPidigeon replace into a scumslot in ADWD and I misread him as town because of an activity surge. So perhaps I was overly cautious to avoid a repeating here. I digress as there are now several people I'd rather see flip before kuribo.

-That said Zden, you can check my meta. I've never had scum self-vote. I see town do it from time to time, its SHITTTY play but it's OFTEN town. Kuribo wine-ing after it, and just being kuribo is why I still didn't care to see him hang. I think I laughed about it in ScummiesWinvinational QT. DGB selfvotes and I had to stay quite because I always see town do it. Not only that but for a long time I used a personal meta/precedent of almost like r
ed text of truth
where if I selfvoted it confirmed me as town. As I have only selfvoted as town. I no longer use this strategy after a MD dicsussion where I came to the conclusion it was essentially cheating. So anyways this wasn't some automated response... just how I handle selfvotes. Again, they're always scorned. See Kise telling Kuribo to replace out. And while they're frowned upon... they're 999/1000 times town being fed-up.

-The dayvig thing? How is that relevant? Scum do anything to win? Okay sure, doesn't mean we throw OcsRzr out the window and pretend there's a cult in this game too. Anyways, glad you got the mod confirmed role :P

In post 2434, BT wrote:
In post 2328, Cerulean wrote:
Jason was a strong scum read for us day one, and he really hasn't done anything to read as town. The only thing that clears him is his gambit and the push that TGAH gave to him.

Hi there, I happen to be one of those people that made clear that there are absta-Jason connections that clear Jason, multiple times. I know you're being lazy with your scumread on me but this is ridiculous.

Why is abstas clearing Jason again? Because he calls him town here: post 285 ??

Abstas seems open to scum jason here:
In post 436, absta101 wrote:Post #351 by SAD makes some sense. I was town-reading Jason for his gambit but this changed my mind.
So maybe this isn't relevant. Are we still trying to plug absta's actions into the meta plessie did?

Yeah so I really don’t see how abstas connections concretely clears jason.

Anyways
unvote vote Nost

much more plausible than CDB. WHOM I will still explain why scum, hopefully before today ends, just to have the case out there.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Nostredeus »

So given the derp that's occurring if this goes down I'll claim around L-2 and we'll all chuckle at how silly everyone has been...

Is seriously no one reading Equinox's attempt to get me lynched before BT as scum motivated especially given the discussion about what happens if both BT and I flip town, I mean the order doesn't really matter that much to me it's all the same I just dunno why it does to Equinox.

(Also BT you did the 4-3 here: '4 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 6 - 1 + 3' before the addition which is why you get positive 11 instead of neg 11; what you should have done is add first getting '4-11-4', then do your subtraction and you'll see I'm right. :D )

P-edit: I picked a fight with scotty not the other way round, it'd be pretty weird for me to NK him...
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:01 am

Post by Nostredeus »

Actually maybe you're right on the maths... *shrugs*
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Benmage »

Picking a fight with him.. You called Kise town. He had Kise as scum, and started suspecting you. Wanting to eliminate a future dissenter... not very farfetched.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:09 am

Post by BT »

In post 2532, Benmage wrote:
Why is abstas clearing Jason again? Because he calls him town here: post 285 ??

No, not like that. I'll link this post again.

In post 2534, Nostredeus wrote:Actually maybe you're right on the maths... *shrugs*

Of course I am. Subtraction is addition with negative numbers.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:12 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ENOUGH WITH THE MATHS

more later
#greenshirtthursdays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Benmage »

Not exactly following BT. Breakdown for me why it makes Jason town. I'm congested as fuck and concentration hurts.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:01 am

Post by BT »

In post 2538, Benmage wrote:Not exactly following BT. Breakdown for me why it makes Jason town. I'm congested as fuck and concentration hurts.

THE FACTS: absta's first comment is that Jason's reaction to petapan's insult is "a town reaction to an insult". He makes sure it isn't too absolute by saying that it isn't easy to fake as scum. Then he explains it again when questioned by Cerulean. He replies to you by saying he commented on Jason for being a leading wagon. Finally, to quote, "Post #351 by SAD makes some sense. I was town-reading Jason for his gambit but this changed my mind."

absta essentially went out of his way (compared to the nothing he was doing otherwise) to elaborate on a town read on a buddy, only to essentially forget about it later. It doesn't seem like how a buddy would handle the read -- much more likely that he was taking Jason's post as an opportunity to say something smart while making sure to keep him open as an option if the wagon persists.

Bonus Content: Plessiez should say if they think #60 is a likely buddy comment based on absta's meta, because it doesn't read that way.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 2533, Nostredeus wrote:Is seriously no one reading Equinox's attempt to get me lynched before BT as scum motivated especially given the discussion about what happens if both BT and I flip town, I mean the order doesn't really matter that much to me it's all the same I just dunno why it does to Equinox.

It matters to me because I have an actual scum read on you, not BT. BT I jumped on because the people I trusted -- kuribo and by extension his neighborhood -- insisted BT was scum, but, as I said previously, I thought BT seemed town, and I haven't had a chance to reread BT yet.

Also, while we're playing the "OMG LOOK AT EQUINOX BEING SCUM" game, anyone see him being mildly threatening about his claim? lololol (But seriously, don't look at that, go read his wagon analysis. And Plessiezarus's post. And mine. And Zdenek's. And maybe kuribo's but only because kuribo's posts are always fun to read.)
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:21 am

Post by Shaft »

In post 2368, kuribo wrote:If scum needed the name of the QT to eavesdrop on it, then its significant that TML asked Dan that.

You could also neighbor scum and they get in the easy way. We should give Faraday ideas for the next game.

In post 2397, kuribo wrote:Zdenek's probably alive because he's lazy as shit

I'm alive because neighborisor is functionally useless. Doubly so if they can read the QT. Or if I neighborize one of them.

Kise is Alive because the town was so divided on his Lynch that maybe they figured they could rope him later. Or he'd protect one of them from the SKvig.

There's gotta be a reason sotty died.

The people I've suspected have been the target of the police. Hopefully they get camn next.

About sotty's death: I took it the police have been fucking with me but maybe they thought sotty was a PR. I
did
accuse them of being the 2nd nightkiller. I picked up a 3rd party swag from them. Figured I'd bring Remy Lebeau back.

Do you think town, scum or a mix of both are more likely to butter up to those of us who have claimed PRs? Same question for Zd.

In post 2458, Zdenek wrote:So I've tried to look at who TML's/Equinox's buddy could be if he is scum.

I don't think that Plessiezarus, Nost or BT are bussing.

I don't think that DeasVail would have the nerve to openly say that he doesn't want to derail his buddies wagon.

I don't think that TML was bussing Petapan (he'd have been bussing both Absta and Petapan on day one).
I don't think that TML was bussing CDB on Day 2 after losing a buddy and a traitor.
I doubt TML was bussing Kise today.

Leaving us with:
Benmage
Cerulean
camn
Jason

I don't think that Cerulean is scum.
Camn and Jason are unlikely to be scum because of Absta interactions.

So that leaves Benmage who a lot of people seem fairly confident is town.

Could easily be the people you don't think are bussing TML too.
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Shaft »

In post 2480, camn wrote:And if I had a gun I would be lurkervigging Jason tonight.
Just like that.

Why does no one want to lynch him?

vote nost again

Arguing over math. And the recent attachment to BT, "what if he flips town then what".

I can't figure out whether I still think BT is scum or if it's just I'd rather Nos>BT today.
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Shaft »

In post 2422, kuribo wrote:and plus, with the addition of a hydra to the neighborhood, i have more people to talk to than deas, who only seemed to pop his head in like every few days

Something up with that man.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 am

Post by kuribo »

Not really. Whether he's scum or town, deas doesn't post like a madman

I've been scum with him, I still read him town here
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 am

Post by Shaft »

kuribo, do you think town, scum or a mix of both are more likely to butter up to those of us who have claimed PRs?
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:10 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 3, Votecount 20

Equinox (4) - ChannelDelibird, BT, Nostredeus, Plessiezarus
BT (5) - kuribo, Deasvail, Cerulean, Zdenek, camn

Nostredeus (3) - Equinox, Benmage, Shaft

Not voting (1) :
JasonT1981

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 9th of March at 17:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-09 13:15:28)
  • Deasvail is V/la

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:40 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 2525, Equinox wrote:It's Wednesday, isn't it?

jasonT1981, pick a wagon and sit on it. kuribo is not scum, and kuribo is not getting lynched. Be lazy if you want, but you know more about the game state than I do and yet you're managing to do less.

Argh, this is tough my vote on Kuribo would be wasted. Right now, as it stands Mini Lib was higher on the scum scale than BT was (I had BT town) I still feel a bit towards BT-Town

Nost wagon, I don't see going anywhere.

vote: Equenox
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2532, Benmage wrote:AngryPidigeon replace into a scumslot in ADWD

A Dance With Dragons? Do you mean a different game or a different person, because he wasn't in that one (unless there were two adwd games).
In post 2532, Benmage wrote:So anyways this wasn't some automated response... just how I handle selfvotes.

You realize that the two are indistinguishable right?
In post 2532, Benmage wrote:The dayvig thing? How is that relevant? Scum do anything to win? Okay sure, doesn't mean we throw OcsRzr out the window and pretend there's a cult in this game too. Anyways, glad you got the mod confirmed role

No Ben, but does it really surprise you that Kuribo would self-vote as scum?
In post 2541, Shaft wrote:Could easily be the people you don't think are bussing TML too.

Could be, but if there are only two scum left, and we've got an SK, I'm pretty sure most scum would be reluctant to bus.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Benmage »

1. OOps I meant Pappums HarryPotter/MGS
2. Doesn't negate my statement.
3. Any scum self-vote outside of a hammer is extremely surprising.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”