Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Bacde »

^^Dude I brought you to the spotlight, don't tell me I'm not doing original scumhunting

Your entire post is an erroneous "overview" of what has happened this game with very little analysis or opinion

I wonder if scum or town is more likely to make a post like that?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 225, Bacde wrote:Your entire post is an erroneous "overview" of what has happened this game with very little analysis or opinion

Did you not read his post?
UNVOTE

I thought Twitch's post seemed very town. Possible he is scum of course, its still very early, there's got to be better candidates.
If I could only find one...
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:46 am

Post by Slandaar »

V/LA till Sunday 10th
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:54 am

Post by Deltabacon »

V/LA Tommorow, because it's results day and I'll most likely be crying into an ice cream bucket.

In other news: I find Twitch scummy because of the reasons in my #120 and because he lurked actively, then passive, then makes light of lurking (Hey, Town can lurk too!) Yeah, but scum are -much- more likely to lurk.

Twitch, given that you seem neutral on lurking (you've done it yourself) do you think we should ignore Limo and Suffer? They're lurking hard and slipping under everyone's radar. Do you see this as a problem?
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by Revenus »

Wait a second.

We have a week left and we're limiting it to twitch/russian?

Let's pressure one of the lurkers first.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Bacde »

Who are we gonna pressure? I'm down.

I still think Twitch is scum though just fyi
Limo
Limo
Goon
Limo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Limo »

Even though Twitch's defense post a few pages back was pretty inadequate, I see it coming more from newb-town than scum.

Unvote, vote: russianov
Twitch da Woof
Twitch da Woof
Townie
Twitch da Woof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Twitch da Woof »

In post 228, Deltabacon wrote:
V/LA Tommorow, because it's results day and I'll most likely be crying into an ice cream bucket.

In other news: I find Twitch scummy because of the reasons in my #120 and because he lurked actively, then passive, then makes light of lurking (Hey, Town can lurk too!) Yeah, but scum are -much- more likely to lurk.

Twitch, given that you seem neutral on lurking (you've done it yourself) do you think we should ignore Limo and Suffer? They're lurking hard and slipping under everyone's radar. Do you see this as a problem?

Of course not. The problem here is not that you are pressuring a lurker (me) but that you are not pressuring anyone else. Let's say you guys lynch me and day ends where it is.

What do you get tomorrow? Do you say OH! Suffer is scum for lurking! Suffer can just say "You said that about Twitch, what's your point?"

Without their contribution, you get nothing. Maintaining a vote solely (or almost entirely) because someone is lurking is good for getting them to participate, but it does nothing once they are participating and you don't see them as scummy. The other question is WHY are they lurking? Would it have been more advantageous for Twitch to lurk as scum or town? Avoiding WIFOM here is hard, so the best you can do is pressure and take from that what you can.

End result: lurking is anti-town, but it isn't scummy. It doesn't give reads. And as a primary reason for a vote, it becomes weak as time goes on.
Twitch da Woof
Twitch da Woof
Townie
Twitch da Woof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Twitch da Woof »

In post 79, Twitch da Woof wrote:
In post 77, Deltabacon wrote:I'm concerned about Don there, he looks very confrontational, but I'm not seeing why seemingly experienced scum would try to misrepresent a common newbie concern, so I'll be giving that the benefit of the doubt for now. Slandaar and Rev, I agree, look quite bad, but I'm still a hair more inclined towards Slandaar being scum than Rev at this stage. I'm not actually sure why. Slandaar raises illegitimate concerns and hypocritically accuses Rev of them, but
Rev goes all Rambo on the defensive.

Care to derive a speculative guess at Rev's alignment based on the bolded?

On a fairly relevant note, do you think the above exchange, should Rev flip town from a lynch today, indicate that Slandaar is scum or could this be orchestrated as a long term strategy?

EBWOP: I want an answer to this.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by Deltabacon »

Spoiler: Prior to my switch to Twitch
In post 79, Twitch da Woof wrote:*snip*
In post 77, Deltabacon wrote:I'm concerned about Don there, he looks very confrontational, but I'm not seeing why seemingly experienced scum would try to misrepresent a common newbie concern, so I'll be giving that the benefit of the doubt for now. Slandaar and Rev, I agree, look quite bad, but I'm still a hair more inclined towards Slandaar being scum than Rev at this stage. I'm not actually sure why. Slandaar raises illegitimate concerns and hypocritically accuses Rev of them, but

On a fairly relevant note, do you think the above exchange, should Rev flip town from a lynch today, indicate that Slandaar is scum or could this be orchestrated as a long term strategy?

In post 109, Deltabacon wrote:*snip*
In other news,
Slandaar is still scummy as fuck, more so than Rev now I think.

In post 120, Deltabacon wrote:After looking at Twitch in ISO, I can't help but to see why Bacde believe Twitch to be a good vote, since they've done nothing to indicate any reads. They've asked some 'general purpose' questions, but never really contributed to the game or offered much in the way of more-than-superficial material.

UNVOTE: Slandaar

VOTE: Twitch da Woof

FOS: Slandaar & Rev
in that order.

That's how I felt retrospectively. That was very clear I thought, and my new thoughts on Slandaar are neutral, leaning scum. This itself was shown by

*snip*
Whilst I'm still leaning scum on Slandaar, I'm wary that I may well actually be suffering from confirmation bias at this point.

UNVOTE: Slandaar

I'm still wary of Rev, leaning scum-side of null.

---

Now then, about that pressure on Limo and Suffer. Whilst the two lurkers I mentioned in my last post have gone unchecked, do you expect me to do more? I've called attention to them, but there's no case to be made on them other than lurking. There is a case to be made on you, and you can answer it. I have no solid scumreads, only differing degrees of leaners and your attitude in dealing with the town's suspicions has made you the biggest scum-leaner in my catalogue. If I find you less scummy at some point, or if I find a better scumread, I'd jump on that. If I had three votes, one would be on you, the other two would be on the lurksacks that are Limo and Suffer as pressure votes. Stop jumping on me for not calling out other lurkers when I'm amongst the few who've actually called them out.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 233, Twitch da Woof wrote:
In post 79, Twitch da Woof wrote:

EBWOP: I want an answer to this.

this post really rubs me the wrong way
Twitch da Woof
Twitch da Woof
Townie
Twitch da Woof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by Twitch da Woof »

Except I asked about Rev, not Slandaar and most of your post deals with how you feel about Slandaar.

And what points would you have me answer?
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by Revenus »

In post 231, Limo wrote:Even though Twitch's defense post a few pages back was pretty inadequate, I see it coming more from newb-town than scum.

Unvote, vote: russianov

What the shit

I looked at your iso and 5 or 6 of your 9 posts are votes on different people

This most recent vote was actually your *best* explanation on why you are voting someone.
Limo
Limo
Goon
Limo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by Limo »

So are you trying to get at something or are you just pointing it out?
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by Revenus »

Why are you voting Russianov now?
Limo
Limo
Goon
Limo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by Limo »

Because he's scum over Twitch?
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by Revenus »

I was expecting a little bit more than "he's scum" when I ask you why someone is scum.

Fos:limo
Limo
Limo
Goon
Limo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Limo »

I'd explain why I was voting russianov to begin with if that was what you were looking for, but I'm sure a lot of that has been brought up and reiterated.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by Revenus »

I'd like to hear your specific case on him, especially since I thought your first vote on him was a joke vote.
Limo
Limo
Goon
Limo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by Limo »

For future references, please actually ask me why I think russianov is scum rather than why I'm voting him now. Your latter statement gives leeway for ambiguity.

Sure, I'll post reasons why he's scum in a bit.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by Revenus »

What? You vote people you don't think are scum?

Don't be intentionally dense.
Limo
Limo
Goon
Limo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by Limo »

25 and 27 show his hesitance at taking any stances and unnecessary caution. Moreover, 27 felt like a fake attempt to look town.

63 and 127 are echoes of others' thoughts. He jumps on a viable wagon with momentum attached with a weak reason to make it seem less contrived.

How am I being intentionally dense? I meant ambiguity in the sense that there are different ways your question can be interpreted; I interpreted your question as you asking me why I unvoted Twitch and voted Russianov.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon
Kingmaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by Kingmaker »

Vote Count 1.9

Bacde: 3 (Suffer, YOLO, don_johnson)
Revenus: 2 (Slandaar, ztife)
russianov: 3 (Mac, Twitch da Woof, Limo)
Slandaar: 1 (Revenus)
Twitch da Woof: 2 (Deltabacon, Bacde)

Not Voting: russianov, mozamis

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch and 7 votes to go to night.

Slandaar is V/LA until February 10th
Deltabacon is V/LA

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-03-14 13:30:00)
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon
Kingmaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by Kingmaker »

Prodding russianov
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon