Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by Shaft »

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/rWhcCMPjWAY9B

Last Faraday game I was scum in. Our fakeclaims weren't in the role PMs, but in the 2nd post of our scum QT.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by Cerulean »

So he does sometimes give out full roles then?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by Shaft »

Mm, we only got nilla fakes.

Yeah that sounds right. I can't think of the last Faraday game before this one, as I just started playing mafia again not long ago.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by camn »

Kuribo - Wendell "Orlando" Blocker, 3-Shot Neighborizer
I have a townread here.. and I think it is a
town
ROLE, especially given that the POPO probably can listen in.

SHAFT- Maurice Levy, Expensive Doctor
Worth keeping alive. If real- he is killed before endgame. If not... we reconsider.

Cerulean - Roland "Wee-Bey" Brice, X-Shot Vigilante
As above- this is prime NK bait whether vig or SK. No lynch.

Deasvail - Wallace, Daytalk enabler and 1-shot Bodyguard.
This PR is up in the air.
I cant see the scum motivation in claiming this.
I also think DV should NOT claim whether or not he has targeted anyone........... to leave the scum guessing. If all these PR claims are true, the scum have work to do to avoid engame problem.
I figure 7/2 (at the worst).. which is 4/2 tomorrow... with a myslynch and a mysvig and a NK.
Thens, it is lynch to 3/2 or No-kill to 4/2 and nightplay is WAY in play with protections and the like... so the vanillas are all safe.

Which means our scum are likely in the vanilla pool.

Plessiezarus - Wintell "Little Man" Royce, Vanilla
Townread.

Benmage - Perry, Vanilla
Could be scum. Late game play has been problematical

JasonT1981 - Brianna Barksdale, Vanilla
Needs to die. Really.

camn - Donette, Vanilla
obv.

ChannelDeliBird - Bird, Vanilla
I still think scum, but has been playing better lately.

I think if we lynch/vig Jason and Benmage.... and if that doesnt end the game, and we have myself and delibird in a 5/1 or 4/2, we are doing OK. Both of us have a LOT of material this game to read.. and we have a good endgame team.

VOTE JASON

all lurkers must die.

I am against lynching out of the PR pool at this time.
I am OK with a Benmage or Delibird lynch.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2757, Plessiezarus wrote:The fake-names given out to the scum in ADWD fit the same pattern. They're all written as vanilla town claims. Obviously the scum didn't only claim VT in that game though.

In post 2755, Cerulean wrote:I will virtually pummel you both for not listening to a lick of anything we've said this game.

I honestly don't know why you're accusing us of not listening to "anything you've said". What precisely are you thinking of? I actually went out of my way on day 3 to ask you and the rest of the neighborhood why TML was a bad lynch and BT was a better choice. Your answer was "Meh he's not a better lynch probably ... we're fine with an equinox lynch I guess". And you've already said that Empire agreed with our SAD case.

In fact, while you personally had a town-read on SAD, you weren't exactly going out of your way to talk us out of suspecting him when you gave Empire's read's in #1992 as "Town - [kuribo] - [kise] - Arthur - BT - Scum". Or when you waffled in #1618 and gave a lot of reasons why Arthur could be scum: "quite frankly it weirded me out a little when arhtur made those effort walls because it reminded me of his sudden content after I threw my mini tantrum at him in the westeros game for not doing anything other than shitposting [...] Empire says that he's deferring to me for Arthur but that he thinks that everything arhtur has done so far could be easily faked. And I agree mostly. [...] His attitude sucks. [...] For instance the "whoever is town reading me had better have a good reason" don't read town to me at all. Is weird posturing for Arthur. His tone seems off". I dd listen to that, and it's part of why I was confident that SAD was scum -- you're the only person other than Zar and myself I'd trust to know SAD's meta, and you seemed to largely agree with me that he sounded not-town:?.

So ... when exactly did we fail to listen to you? I don't understand why you're saying this at all :?.

~ Pless

I know you did; I thought you were asking because you were suspicious of us and we were trying to save a partner or something, and I should have fought harder for equinox. All game long that slot was a strong town read of ours based on meta and that never changed. I even read his entire meta on this site to try to determine it and the impression that he was over aggressive in a weird way as scum didn't change, but you didn't agree with that bit when you had talked with empire about it. I did learn that he tends to use the work fuck a lot more when he's scum than when town. And if I start rambling sorry, my sleeping pill is kicking in and the screen is sworling and has pretty colors. But, we still felt reasonably confident that equinox would flip town though zar's meta about her replacingin in as scum did have some merit in the way she went about things were rather similar. We were still holding onto our town read of that slot though equinox is tricky and she was making me paranoid. I couldn't exactly say that the bt lynch was the better one because I didn't feel 100% about that lynch either. I was struggling with still seeing him as town as his self-meta and some other posts read townish to me, so I wasn't going to push for a lynch to someone I wasn't feel really great about and have them flip town. And, I was in a sense right. Well, the best lynch that day was everyone to get on Nostredeus, but that wasn't happenings. But, I was right and wrong about who was the better lynch. If we lynched bt, we'd lost a townie, but with losing equinox we also lost a distractive nontown member. Also, I wasn't too worried about it because I knew that if the bt lynch didn't happen, I could take care of it at night. And it turned out to be on town, and we allotted for that and decided even so it was best for town.

And you did ask about arthur and i know my read wasn't confident, but he was town.

It's not your fault, I'm just a little frustrated with this game right now. And I just don't want to see someone get lynched because their role is unlikely to be lynched and come back town and exactly what they said. So, I want things looked at in their entirety because we did go with the absta connections and it didn't lead us anywhere good, so something is off.

okay i'm trailing off now...get back to this tomorrow.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:11 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2770, Shaft wrote:Dang it

Sorry for triple post. @DV, does your role PM mention quicktopics?

Yeah.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:12 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh and I said this in the QT, but I'm thinking of lynching between Benmage/Jason/Shaft at the moment.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:01 am

Post by camn »

Its a good strategy.
How about Jason?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:27 am

Post by Benmage »

Been busy rl, have a crazy obamacare meeting to deal with at 130 today.. after that I should finally have free time again!
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:03 am

Post by Shaft »

Also can we get the names of your abilities?
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 4, Votecount 4

JasonT1981 (2) - Benmage, camn

camn (1) - ChannelDeliBird

Not voting (6) :
Cerulean, Plessiezarus, JasonT1981, Deasvail, kuribo, Shaft

• With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 25th of March at 3:40am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-24 23:40:28)

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Rat is what the day talk enabling part is called, and the bodyguard part is Don't die, Wallace.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Hey Kise - What is your ability name by the way?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Shaft »

In post 1954, Kise wrote:defence attorney.

I think all other PRs are town except DV's. I had to remember that absta was
even-night
tracker only. And looking at the dead town powers especially, an encryptor is obviously more helpful to scum than town. If the scum killed DV, that punishes them in a sense, which may be possible but it's not a belief I'm even mild about.

I'm good with lynching a nilla/goon.

DeasVail wrote:the bodyguard part is Don't die, Wallace.

lol
but you would die, wouldn't you?
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by Shaft »

If Eq was 1-shot killproof, why didn't he lived? Nost wasn't the hammer vote.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by kuribo »

sometimes I get this worrisome paranoia that we're in multiball, that our vig is actually scum, and that they've just had the misfortune of not cross-killing

then I slap myself for being an idiot

right?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:22 am

Post by Cerulean »

Thanks kise.

Kuribo - what is the name of your ability? (I obviously don't doubt your ability, but I'm curious.)

Also, is there a particular reason that instead of scumhunting youve been throwing out paranoid theories since the start of day? I get being paranoid, but it almost feels like your throwing out stuff to cause a distraction. (and any time you get paranoid about an opposing scum team claiming VIG, check out the abridged version of the "cerulean are not morons manifesto" in the neighborhood.)
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:45 am

Post by kuribo »

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this earlier but my ability is " Come Into My Club."

And if it seems like I'm not scumhunting, its because BTs townflip and Nos' self aligned flip have me somewhat demoralized. I seriously believed them to be buddies.

If I was wrong about that, than I am likely wrong about some other perception of the game state. And I haven't found the energy to try and read back so I can piece the puzzle.

In short, I feel I'm missing something obvious, but.not entirely sure what that is.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:51 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I'm against compromising to a Jason lynch because I'm pretty sure he's town, plus my two top scumreads want it to happen. I would switch my vote to Benmage or DeasVail if necessary, nobody else.
#greenshirtthursdays
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2772, Cerulean wrote:Our one potential paranoid theory was that he could be a wire-tap enabler and a traitor or something and changed it so that he wouldn't get killed, but that seems a little far fetched when he could shut up about it.

This was pretty much the theory Zar and I were tossing around. Suppose DV is a second Traitor to the Police. If he really has the ability to enable the scum to read the Orlando's QT, it makes sense he'd want to claim something in that QT that the scum would read and which would indicate to the scum that they shouldn't kill him. That doesn't really seem that far-fetched to me?

(If he's a second Traitor, then the scum team proper must be quite small? So they'd presumably need a protective role of some sort; he might not be lying about being a bodyguard.)

That said, while I don't have any sort of town-read on DV, I'm happy enough to lynch in the VT pool today. Can't really believe there are no scum in that group (and if DV's scum, my guess is he's only a Traitor anyway).

In post 2789, Shaft wrote:If Eq was 1-shot killproof, why didn't he lived? Nost wasn't the hammer vote.

Kill-proof isn't the same as lynch proof? (Not sure what the point of asking this question was.)

In post 2793, ChannelDelibird wrote:I'm against compromising to a Jason lynch because I'm pretty sure he's town, plus my two top scumreads want it to happen. I would switch my vote to Benmage or DeasVail if necessary, nobody else.

Are you confident Jason is town, or only that he's not-Police? If the former, why? (Hopefully the distinction makes sense.)

~ Pless
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:32 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Distinction makes sense although I'm happy to admit that I have not been entertaining the possibility of further non-town factions after Nostredeus's flip and Cerulean's claim. I don't see any reason to doubt the Jason-is-not-Police read and I don't see any reason to disagree with Sottyrulez's townread on him. Thus, not lynching him.
#greenshirtthursdays
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:20 am

Post by Shaft »

You are right, I guess. What I was thinking of was deathproof.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:41 am

Post by camn »

In post 2794, Plessiezarus wrote:. Suppose DV is a second Traitor to the Police.

This would help my bafflement as to why DV-scum would claim as he has.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Its St Patricks weekend, I'm in Northern Ireland.. yea

V/LA

And Camn, you gotta do a lot better than that. just calling for my lynch won't work. Gotta work for it and show evedience... something you aint
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by Cerulean »

^^^ Want. To. Lynch. This. So. Bad. Mostly because of sheer frustration with his play, but I'm not convinced he's scum, but damn do I want to.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”