NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

OtterHorse
OtterHorse
Townie
OtterHorse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by OtterHorse »

As somepony who has intentionally kept their part in a hydra hidden even when asked because they were scum and wanted to be able to not post if needed, im fairly happy with my vote right now. Town has absolutely no reason to ever keep who they are hidden, while scum have quite a few reasons to. Its a hydra, not an alt.

I would also be happy with a lynch of RM (would probably move vote if Antilles head claims), lesser but still quite happy MM. KBW also works awesome as a policy/utility lynch which are completely on the table this game as even if we hit town twice with PLs game would then be EV balanced. Just me talking (although its always been just me I guess) serra and TAM also are also scum reads.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by RachMarie »

pfft going for an easy lynch there OH?

There was not much activity going on and then all of a sudden PAGES. Working on catching up.

A couple questions that came to me as I was skimming the mounds of posts since I last looked at this game,

@ UA why are you so nervous about being lynched?

So far not that impressed with the Key dude, however I need more from him to get a handle on his alignment.

BT why you such a sheeper baaa....

Tammy head of Titan why did you vote me? Got any actual case?
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by RachMarie »

oh and SAD you are such a trip :P joke fake claiming in a 100% vanilla town/goon game :P

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by Klick »

The fact that you typed out "pfft" makes me want to vote you, Rach.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by TheUnderachivers »

In post 150, OtterHorse wrote:Its a hydra, not an alt.
Your stated reason (knowing activity) is absolute bullshit. As town and as scum equally, I have neglected posting as a hydra. Not for any strategic reason. Because I just plain didn't feel like posting in the hydra for that day, a luxury that I don't have as a normal player but as a hydra (with a partner covering for me) that I do.

So try again. What strategic value for town is there in knowing who's in a hydra?

Vote stays.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:36 pm

In post 151, RachMarie wrote:@ UA why are you so nervous about being lynched?
Not nervous, but annoyed at the prospect of being a potential. You need only look here for why.

At least we're not Palisade!
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Heck. As a hydra, I've been lynched for my partner vanishing on me, and have even vanished on my partner before. As both town and scum. (At least one in the cursed hydra Palisade. No, seriously, read any game it was in; we had horrible luck. :P)
Head activity (i.e., which head is posting) has no relevance to alignment of the hydra.
OtterHorse
OtterHorse
Townie
OtterHorse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by OtterHorse »

In post 154, TheUnderachivers wrote:So try again. What strategic value for town is there in knowing who's in a hydra?

You can compare activity (just because you have intentionally played anti-town as town doesnt make it a null tell)
You can compare some meta tells
You know approximate competence of the player

What reason can you give for NOT having them claim? There is absolutely nothing beyond "because I dont want to". I would glady vote any hydra who ever refuses to claim

In post 156, TheUnderachivers wrote:
Head activity (i.e., which head is posting) has no relevance to alignment of the hydra.

Yes it does. Activity always does.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

holy fuck, large games have a shit load of activity :<

hi TAM, you finally got a game with me :P

so uh.. what's up?

I skimmed through these 7 pages

and I'm not liking Underachievers at all

nor am I liking Robo, I mean, how is Apathy a town-tell when you are always Apathetic?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Got anything more substantial than that?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Ms M

I beg to differ, I have played in several games with Robocopter and he is most definitely NOT always apathetic.

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

Okay, I missed all of that, and I've been gone all day... I read through and I'm still confused someone care to sum up the day so far?
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Maybe later when I more alert.

Pedit: well, both games I had with him, he was fairly Apathetic.

Pedit X2: TAM is scum gaise
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Okay, I've got to get back to working on my dissertation and have another game nearing deadline, so this will be brief.

Heres the thing bulbazack. I know you think you're being clever by voting yourself and thinking your getting alignment relevant reactions but much like most reaction tests, they fall flat. There's nothing remarkable about voting yourself, and some people do it as a matter of course. There are some people who just vote themselves until they find a place they'd rather put it, and it becomes a null tell. But by voting yourself, you've given people a way to react and talk about something genuinely that they could as either alignment. For instance, pretty sure reek reek rhymes with weak genuinely feel the way they argued about your self-vote and would argue that no matter their alignment. Any glance at mafia discussion shows that arcangel feels very passionately against policy lynches, so now has something to react to that she can look very genuine about because it's how she personally feels. I couldn't care less if you vote yourself, but I think it's particularly silly to put "discuss" after. I think your awkward entrance post, coupled with that and you not getting an obvious vote looks somewhat suspicious, but as with anyone who is sitting in tivoli waiting for the bus out of Rome, it's sometimes hard to tell if the awkwardness is scum or just inexperience. Right now I'm leaning inexperience.

And speaking of awkward has its own special brand of adorableness. What is the cutest thing about it is the "you're all probably wondering why I'm ignoring the self-vote" as if everyone was sitting with bated breath waiting for him to react. It speaks to a special kind of self-consciousness that I'd probably find scummy if it weren't for his being pretty new and making Whut comments elsewhere. And then he says he's not reacting because it's not alignment relevant which is a reaction.

Oh and to answer your :? What does one post have to do with the other? And if you call that a big wall then eh >_>

Arcangel is probably town here based on her reactions to being called scum by theunderachivers. I was going to ask her how she felt about that, but she beat me to it.

I had the same reaction as my other head to the vote on us and declaration we were scum. It was also cute in its own special ironic way when in he declared to TU to "get over yourselves and find some real scum" and then I scroll down to find in that same post a vote for Titan for quite possibly the lamest reason ever. But hey ^^^ quote right there. Right back at ya bub. Sorry to break it to you, but Titan is town. I am quite capable of pointing out that something is stupid and deciding that it can be a product of a newbtown. I am also perfectly capable of interacting with a person to get a better read and pressing others as well. I know it's an exciting revelation isnt it? Oh and just so you know, that's not really a thing. Neither heads of this hydra avoids wagons as scum, but it's a good try. Come back when you have something relevant. I'll leave my dance card open just for you.

I would probably be a little antsy at mastin giving me such a strong town read so quick, but he gave me a strong town read off like a post or two in happy tree friends and I was near convinced he was scum who just didn't want to deal with me for it. But I was wrong then, and I know when my towniness is shining so I'll give him a pass on it. But, why is Nero being so subdued? I'll have to go check the posh game to see if that's how he's behaving in this hydra, but I'm just used to more aggression. Like I would have expected him to call the bulbazack self-vote with discuss stupid like he did the last time someone did it in a game, but nothin. I'm also interested in his lessening a town read on bt partially for questioning me who was a townread, which read kinda off to me, but hasn't said anything to bulbazack for voting me and calling me scum more than once. Although is reading kind of as a town tell to me. They keep saying that scum would want to know who is inside a hydra to know who to eliminate but this is a nightless game and if I'm reading things correctly, scum cannot even communicate (which if I am reading correctly is really important for future days and relational tells. I need to double check that with voided though).

As far as knowing who is inside the hydra, I don't really care but I don't see theunderachivers point. (and screw you theunderachivers this is now in my autocorrect as a correct spelling.). Although I come from a home site where we play behind alts and arent told ahead of time whos playing so I'm used to this kind of thing. And I can see why town would want to know who's in the hydra because there are meta tells that are useful. For instance in the meek meek rhymes with freak hydra, if nexus doesn't post there's a really good chance thats a scum hydra. So knowing the heads isn't only productive for scum but also for town.

Oh yeah what I don't like about bulbazack is his accusation against bt for having two opportunistic votes. Actually I didn't like their interaction at all and got a small distancing vibe, nothing big but if one ever flips scum I'd look at the rest of their interaction. But I did skim through bulba's meta to see if he typically used that accusation. He did as scum to bb in a newb game but also did in a town game, so it's null and quite possible that he just doesn't really know what opportunistic votes are. I didn't like how easily bt backed off from bulbazack. It read like he got pushed and backed off too easily. However, I had the same reaction as bt about marangals first post. The post itself was icky, because it didn't actually comment on anything just a blah post. But marangals is new too and a quick run through some of her games shows that she begins games pretty weak, doesn't vote for a long time, and is a kind of timid player, so well see. Although bt why did you ask mastin to explain the town read on us? It's not like you haven't played with us before, so seeing us as town it shouldn't surprise you that someone else who've seen me town more often would townread me. I'm kinda easy to read.

I haven't had a chance to talk to Arthur yet, so I'll see how serious he is about his bt scum read, but I feel like I have a decent handle on his meta and I don't think he's someone that you can get a real read on this early. Some of His posts have made me feel twitchy though. Oh bt to answer I don't consider self votes attempts to not vote someone else. People do it. In the first post it would seem more spontaneous, but the fact that he posted once which read kinda awkward to me and then in his next post did his self vote it looked like it was something that was thought about more. Scum often have a hard time trying to figure out how to enter a game naturally and over think things. So it looks self-conscious to me.

Klick I hear this is a new and improved self. I hope it includes more engagement and less talking from the sidelines. Although gave me warm fuzzies on a gut level.

Lalala. On the Rach vote. Rach did you actually ask if I had some kind of case? Also did you actually correct me that not all hydras are town. *headdesk* rinse, lather, repeat. I didn't like her first post. The "yay the game started" read fake. I voted to see if anyone else saw what I saw and to see how she would react to the vote and how anyone else would react. I also didn't like her second post where it didn't talk about anything and went straight for a "why'd you vote me?" then the actual " do you have a case". I mean seriously? Because that jut reads "how can you find me scummy? Didn't do anything scummy yet swear!". And her reaction to rainbowdash about going for an easy lynch read wooden and fake again.

But damn
In post 161, The Acting Method wrote:Okay, I missed all of that, and I've been gone all day... I read through and I'm still confused someone care to sum up the day so far?

*twitch* *twitch* *twitch*

UNVOTE:
VOTE: TAM
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 163, Cerulean wrote:Okay, I've got to get back to working on my dissertation and have another game nearing deadline, so this will be brief.

Heres the thing bulbazack. I know you think you're being clever by voting yourself and thinking your getting alignment relevant reactions but much like most reaction tests, they fall flat. There's nothing remarkable about voting yourself, and some people do it as a matter of course. There are some people who just vote themselves until they find a place they'd rather put it, and it becomes a null tell. But by voting yourself, you've given people a way to react and talk about something genuinely that they could as either alignment. For instance, pretty sure reek reek rhymes with weak genuinely feel the way they argued about your self-vote and would argue that no matter their alignment. Any glance at mafia discussion shows that arcangel feels very passionately against policy lynches, so now has something to react to that she can look very genuine about because it's how she personally feels. I couldn't care less if you vote yourself, but I think it's particularly silly to put "discuss" after. I think your awkward entrance post, coupled with that and you not getting an obvious vote looks somewhat suspicious, but as with anyone who is sitting in tivoli waiting for the bus out of Rome, it's sometimes hard to tell if the awkwardness is scum or just inexperience. Right now I'm leaning inexperience.

And speaking of awkward has its own special brand of adorableness. What is the cutest thing about it is the "you're all probably wondering why I'm ignoring the self-vote" as if everyone was sitting with bated breath waiting for him to react. It speaks to a special kind of self-consciousness that I'd probably find scummy if it weren't for his being pretty new and making Whut comments elsewhere. And then he says he's not reacting because it's not alignment relevant which is a reaction.

Oh and to answer your :? What does one post have to do with the other? And if you call that a big wall then eh >_>

Arcangel is probably town here based on her reactions to being called scum by theunderachivers. I was going to ask her how she felt about that, but she beat me to it.

I had the same reaction as my other head to the vote on us and declaration we were scum. It was also cute in its own special ironic way when in he declared to TU to "get over yourselves and find some real scum" and then I scroll down to find in that same post a vote for Titan for quite possibly the lamest reason ever. But hey ^^^ quote right there. Right back at ya bub. Sorry to break it to you, but Titan is town. I am quite capable of pointing out that something is stupid and deciding that it can be a product of a newbtown. I am also perfectly capable of interacting with a person to get a better read and pressing others as well. I know it's an exciting revelation isnt it? Oh and just so you know, that's not really a thing. Neither heads of this hydra avoids wagons as scum, but it's a good try. Come back when you have something relevant. I'll leave my dance card open just for you.

I would probably be a little antsy at mastin giving me such a strong town read so quick, but he gave me a strong town read off like a post or two in happy tree friends and I was near convinced he was scum who just didn't want to deal with me for it. But I was wrong then, and I know when my towniness is shining so I'll give him a pass on it. But, why is Nero being so subdued? I'll have to go check the posh game to see if that's how he's behaving in this hydra, but I'm just used to more aggression. Like I would have expected him to call the bulbazack self-vote with discuss stupid like he did the last time someone did it in a game, but nothin. I'm also interested in his lessening a town read on bt partially for questioning me who was a townread, which read kinda off to me, but hasn't said anything to bulbazack for voting me and calling me scum more than once. Although is reading kind of as a town tell to me. They keep saying that scum would want to know who is inside a hydra to know who to eliminate but this is a nightless game and if I'm reading things correctly, scum cannot even communicate (which if I am reading correctly is really important for future days and relational tells. I need to double check that with voided though).

As far as knowing who is inside the hydra, I don't really care but I don't see theunderachivers point. (and screw you theunderachivers this is now in my autocorrect as a correct spelling.). Although I come from a home site where we play behind alts and arent told ahead of time whos playing so I'm used to this kind of thing. And I can see why town would want to know who's in the hydra because there are meta tells that are useful. For instance in the meek meek rhymes with freak hydra, if nexus doesn't post there's a really good chance thats a scum hydra. So knowing the heads isn't only productive for scum but also for town.

Oh yeah what I don't like about bulbazack is his accusation against bt for having two opportunistic votes. Actually I didn't like their interaction at all and got a small distancing vibe, nothing big but if one ever flips scum I'd look at the rest of their interaction. But I did skim through bulba's meta to see if he typically used that accusation. He did as scum to bb in a newb game but also did in a town game, so it's null and quite possible that he just doesn't really know what opportunistic votes are. I didn't like how easily bt backed off from bulbazack. It read like he got pushed and backed off too easily. However, I had the same reaction as bt about marangals first post. The post itself was icky, because it didn't actually comment on anything just a blah post. But marangals is new too and a quick run through some of her games shows that she begins games pretty weak, doesn't vote for a long time, and is a kind of timid player, so well see. Although bt why did you ask mastin to explain the town read on us? It's not like you haven't played with us before, so seeing us as town it shouldn't surprise you that someone else who've seen me town more often would townread me. I'm kinda easy to read.

I haven't had a chance to talk to Arthur yet, so I'll see how serious he is about his bt scum read, but I feel like I have a decent handle on his meta and I don't think he's someone that you can get a real read on this early. Some of His posts have made me feel twitchy though. Oh bt to answer I don't consider self votes attempts to not vote someone else. People do it. In the first post it would seem more spontaneous, but the fact that he posted once which read kinda awkward to me and then in his next post did his self vote it looked like it was something that was thought about more. Scum often have a hard time trying to figure out how to enter a game naturally and over think things. So it looks self-conscious to me.

Klick I hear this is a new and improved self. I hope it includes more engagement and less talking from the sidelines. Although gave me warm fuzzies on a gut level.

Lalala. On the Rach vote. Rach did you actually ask if I had some kind of case? Also did you actually correct me that not all hydras are town. *headdesk* rinse, lather, repeat. I didn't like her first post. The "yay the game started" read fake. I voted to see if anyone else saw what I saw and to see how she would react to the vote and how anyone else would react. I also didn't like her second post where it didn't talk about anything and went straight for a "why'd you vote me?" then the actual " do you have a case". I mean seriously? Because that jut reads "how can you find me scummy? Didn't do anything scummy yet swear!". And her reaction to rainbowdash about going for an easy lynch read wooden and fake again.

But damn
In post 161, The Acting Method wrote:Okay, I missed all of that, and I've been gone all day... I read through and I'm still confused someone care to sum up the day so far?

*twitch* *twitch* *twitch*

UNVOTE:
VOTE: TAM

Wrong hydra sorry :oops:
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Holy fuck that wall... and all it contains is a shit load of information
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Yeah I'm not reading that.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Titan »

I'm reading it!
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Titan »

Awe other head, that's sweet.
Half troll/Half wall.

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

I skimmed it and noticed that she said I was timid. How the fuck am I timid?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 150, OtterHorse wrote:As somepony who has intentionally kept their part in a hydra hidden even when asked because they were scum and wanted to be able to not post if needed, im fairly happy with my vote right now. Town has absolutely no reason to ever keep who they are hidden, while scum have quite a few reasons to. Its a hydra, not an alt.

I would also be happy with a lynch of RM (would probably move vote if Antilles head claims), lesser but still quite happy MM. KBW also works awesome as a policy/utility lynch which are completely on the table this game as even if we hit town twice with PLs game would then be EV balanced. Just me talking (although its always been just me I guess) serra and TAM also are also scum reads.

Oh I forgot, I don't agree with this. I don't see how any policy/utility lynch is good for this game. I know how tou feel about them, but Two policy lynches puts us at lylo essentially. Three mislynches and we're done if they're at the start of the game. So not interested in those.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 169, Ms Marangal wrote:I skimmed it and noticed that she said I was timid. How the fuck am I timid?

Well tbh you did say:
In post 158, Ms Marangal wrote:holy fuck, large games have a shit load of activity :<

And I do tend to associate ":/" (from your first post) with timid people.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by Titan »

Also fwiw half of Antilles is chkflip I believe.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by Titan »

Though I can see rainbow being anal about something like that.
Half troll/Half wall.

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

well, I'm not lying and the ":/" is like saying "WTF is going on, jesus christ" without actually saying the words.

Pedit: chk is one head, but who's the other?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”