Mini 1432: Clue Master Detective (Game Over)

guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by guille2015 »

VOTE COUNT 1.06With 10 alive it's 6 votes to Lynch.

Voting for:

Shos (0):
Jennifer (1):
serrapaladin

malakittens (0):
Baby Spice (2):
malakittens, Jennifer

pirate mollie (1):
Belisarius

penguin_alien (0):
Belisarius (0):
serrapaladin (0):
fuzzybutternut (3):
pirate mollie, Shos, Jake From State Farm

Jake From State Farm (2):
fuzzybutternut, penguin_alien

Not voting (1): Baby Spice

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-04-05 08:30:00)
Last edited by guille2015 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

I get the impression that Serra is trying to blanket the entire game as a mild cum read
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 201, Baby Spice wrote:I get the impression that Serra is trying to blanket the entire game as a mild cum read

gross...
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

yes I'm 12 and that typo made me laugh
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Bloody phone posting.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

So why does your phone auto-correct anything to cum?...

Anywho, you, Mala, Jen and fuzzy have each given some sort of reason to be suspicious. I'm not going to ignore that.
Wandering but not lost
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

It doesen't but it's too easy to get stupid spelling errors and miss them.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:09 pm

In post 197, Malakittens wrote:Well; only problem is about claiming rooms. Is that scum need to get an item to night kill. If (town) tells what room they are in and if they drop an item it's more beneficial to scum. At this point I rather not claim where we are until after the scum do their first kill.

actually, knowing what rooms everyone is in can help narrow down the killers.

I don't think day 1 is the time to do it, but at some point we claiming rooms is a good idea
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Something like retroactively claiming yesterday's room and action every morning might be a good idea.
Wandering but not lost
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 205, serrapaladin wrote:So why does your phone auto-correct anything to cum?...

Anywho, you, Mala, Jen and fuzzy have each given some sort of reason to be suspicious. I'm not going to ignore that.

<3
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:38 am

Post by Jennifer »

I don't think that it is a good idea to share room locations today, even just of where we were last night. Presumably scum is like town right now in that they're uninformed of where people are, which works to our advantage because it doesn't allow them to push for the optimal mislynch for them. [As mafia can only kill in the current or adjacent room, scum would want to mislynch someone that is not reachable to them for the nightkill and nightkill someone else]

I'm torn on whether I think disclosing actions/locations the next day is helpful. On the one hand, you box scum in and make them commit every day to stating where they were/what they did, so we might trap them in a lie. On the other hand, if scum know what item they need to kill and they are told who has it/where it is, they can chase the item down more easily. Right now, I'm leaning towards disclosure starting tomorrow, as I think boxing scum in early to positions is probably more beneficial overall, especially as the days grow, but I'm not completely sold yet.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:07 am

Post by serrapaladin »

If you share previous room locations, that's still 3 or something rooms you could be in today. I think if scum starts strongly pushing mislynches for positional advantage, that'll be fairly obvious. I think location and item use from yesterday will give us good information to corner scum.

I don't think scum chasing down items is a problem, as when an item is used its position is randomized.
Wandering but not lost
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Jennifer »

In post 211, serrapaladin wrote:I don't think scum chasing down items is a problem, as when an item is used its position is randomized.

I forgot about the randomization. I think it's a good idea then, starting tomorrow.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Jennifer »

Okay.. so I would like everyone (to the extent you have not yet) to please:

• * State your opinion on whether we reveal room locations/actions, and if you think we should, starting when
    * Vote Baby Spice -or-
    * (For those who are not willing to vote Baby Spice), (a) provide your opinion on whether you view Baby Spice's actions as scummy and also (b) explain why the person you are voting is worthier of a vote. [If there is anyone not voting, shame! Vote someone!]
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:24 am

Post by shos »

So it happens that i have some time before my comp starts now, so i may as well post my.intentions.

Mala's case is bullshit. Come on huys, serioudly? A case on page 2?
At bestttt i would stand by half of what i wrote, and that too - halfheartedly. This was more of an all out reaction test for everyone. So who passed.? :)

^^^ is a draft I found lol. making a longpost NOW.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Malakittens »

Thought, you already posted that Shos. I know it's a draft, but still.

I rather not release rooms yet. I say in a few days or so, but not right now.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 213, Jennifer wrote:
  • * State your opinion on whether we reveal room locations/actions, and if you think we should, starting when

I don't see a clear advantage in doing it at the moment and would prefer to defer the decision until the gain is clearer.

* Vote Baby Spice -or-

Don't tell me who to vote. I make my own decisions.

* (For those who are not willing to vote Baby Spice), (a) provide your opinion on whether you view Baby Spice's actions as scummy and also (b) explain why the person you are voting is worthier of a vote. [If there is anyone not voting, shame! Vote someone!]

So Baby this game:
-votes a scumread
-unvotes it when it becomes clear the wagon is about to fall apart
-is the first player to come up with a stratagem to try to leverage the unique mechanics of this game.

Not seeing scum motivation there. Still want Mollie or Jake.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:22 am

Post by shos »

In post 183, serrapaladin wrote:Can't link to ongoing games, but fuzzy does get himself wagoned quite frequently. He's definitely played similar games as town. The case against Jake, and how quickly he gave it up again, concerns me a bit, but the fluff is par for the course.
*snip*
I'm particularly surprised by mollie's .

I don't like Jen's posts (particularly, the lack of consistency between the two):

In post 54, Jennifer wrote:Hi, Mala! I'm glad you said you're not scum this time. We can finally be friends!

Unfortunately, Serra. You and I might not be.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Serra

I think bandwagoning can definitely be town, but I agree with Jake that the manner you did it is suspect.

In post 179, Jennifer wrote:Okay, St. Patty's weekend is over, and I'm back!

VOTE: Baby Spice
@Baby Do you really think that movie quotes page 1 are a scum tell? Also I really don't like your unvote on Mala after Shos explained his case. If you think Mala is scummy, why would you unvote?

P.S. @Mala/Serra - I've already explained my post, and I don't know if Mala is town. I went with kittypost Malatown because I didn't think Mala needed more votes for the reaction test at that point. Why vote Serra? Mala wagon had to be focused on because that was the main thing going on; Sera's name drew my attention because I know him. What I'm not liking from Mala is the double standard. You make initial posts that you later disavow/say weren't serious, yet are taking someone to task on theirs? Tsk.

179 is some serious backpedaling of her read on Mala after people called her out on that. I highly doubt she didn't vote Mala because she recognized a reaction test, and even then that's no reason to call Mala town. She claims her reason for voting me was so the focus would remain on the Mala wagon, but she gave a non-RVS reason for voting me, by agreeing with Jake, whose attack on me was genuine. Jen usually makes more sense that - I think she wanted to join an early wagon against me with 54, and then changed her mind when people called her out for that post.

UNVOTE: Mala
VOTE: Jennifer

So uh. first sentence: no. I went through some of his games, and he can be particularly useful. this fluff is something I have NOT seen in these town games. either way, 'he is dumb' is not an excuse to never lynch a deadbeat player.

second line - I was surprised as well; Molly, why did you mention my case on Mala only now and after my longpost 155?

I disagree about Jen. this is hardly backpedaling; it's not like she had any concrete stance on something and then backpedaled. this was also only page 3, I really don't take that poststart as serious.

In post 184, Jennifer wrote:
In post 182, shos wrote:Anyone not voting fuzzy shoukd say why.

I considered voting him, but Serra's comment that he tends to get lynched Day 1 gave me pause because his ISO wasn't just fluff, so I wanted to see how his meta compares. After having looked over the games where he's flipped, I'm not seeing anything in this game that seems to point to one alignment yet.

@Shos What do you think about Baby Spice unvoting Mala after you stated that your case was a reaction test?

fuzzy himself said he doesn't get lynched D1 except once; and even if, that still doesn't matter. reminding of pmyst. so nobody wanted to lynch him cuz he's just dumb, so I got him to lylo and made him vote town and won as scum. stupid=/=town and stupid=/=shouldn't be lynched.

about Spice - we'll see. I don't think it's quite a tell by itself, will have to look into it in person. gimme a minute I'll do that
In post 170, Baby Spice wrote:Personally, I found Mala and Bella's page one quote fest to be slightly scummy. Mala more so.
But yeah
Unvote

In post 153, fuzzybutternut wrote:I've already stated that Jake was annoying, so basically everything he says is fluff to me.

But this.

Excuse to ignore a buddy?

Sooo when Spice voted it was without reason, but she later said she thought I was right, and then unvoted without changing her mind. there are signs of scumhunting in that post but it's worth the question:
Spice: why did you unvote in that post?

In post 185, Jennifer wrote:Also, @Serra What do YOU think about Baby unvoting Mala after Shos announces his case was BS, and why do you think my early comments/voting are more worthy of a vote than Baby backpedalling on Mala after Shos' announcement? And why haven't you called out Baby for backpedalling when you presumably see that as a scumtell?
Good

In post 187, serrapaladin wrote:Backpedalling is correct as well, I think.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't like the idea of you "letting Mala be town." If you didn't want to further her wagon, there would have been no harm in simply ignoring it and voting me. The phrasing of sounded too certain of her towniness.

Baby's vote was only RVS to begin with, so I don't find her unvote particularly incriminating. I do see backpedaling as a scumtell, but I find it more prominent in you than her. Your early comments alone aren't what makes you vote-worthy - it's those posts in contrast with your more recent ones.
lol @ 54, serra, you're disappointing. about spice - she stated one post before the unvote that she thought I was spot on. how comes Jen is more prominent with it?

In post 188, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 183, serrapaladin wrote:Can't link to ongoing games, but fuzzy does get himself wagoned quite frequently.

from what I can tell he has 3 completed games. All 3 were town. The first 2 games there is an obvious difference in play than he is playing here. The 3rd game is nothing like his first 2 but it's not really similar to his play this game either. Since we can't use ongoing games per-se, I did notice the game you are referring to and I don't think his play that game is similar to his play this game.
precise.
no reason not to vote fuzzy imo.

Serra, gimme my ring back, or give it straight to jake. I'm gay again, right? :\
In post 189, Jennifer wrote:
In post 187, serrapaladin wrote:Baby's vote was only RVS to begin with, so I don't find her unvote particularly incriminating. I do see backpedaling as a scumtell, but I find it more prominent in you than her. Your early comments alone aren't what makes you vote-worthy - it's those posts in contrast with your more recent ones.

While her initial vote may have been RVS, she did state that Mala was somewhat scummy. Do you agree that Baby said that? And, if so, then shouldn't it bother you that she unvoted someone she found somewhat scummy based on the GOTCHA! post from Shos?
Especially as she didn't vote anyone else?

It bothers me that she unvoted someone she finds somewhat scummy without good reason. If the case convinced her, it should still convince her even if Shos says he didn't mean it. She should be pointing out that Shos was actually on to something and expand on that point, not unvote.

perfected.

In post 190, serrapaladin wrote:Huh, I sort of figured she just wasn't completely on the ball, but you might actually have a point. Baby did say Mala is somewhat scummy, and the timing of her unvote is suspicious, even though I wouldn't say I'm sure that she unvoted because of Shos' post.

That doesn't necessarily exculpate you, but it's certainly something to think about.
well I see this has already been figured out. but still none of you asked the question I bolded above -_-;

In post 192, fuzzybutternut wrote:
In post 188, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 183, serrapaladin wrote:Can't link to ongoing games, but fuzzy does get himself wagoned quite frequently.

from what I can tell he has 3 completed games. All 3 were town. The first 2 games there is an obvious difference in play than he is playing here. The 3rd game is nothing like his first 2 but it's not really similar to his play this game either. Since we can't use ongoing games per-se, I did notice the game you are referring to and I don't think his play that game is similar to his play this game.

Try again, friend. I have more than that. I have 5 completed games, all of which are town. My play differs depending on what role I have. For instance, if I'm a role cop in one game, my play would differ from if I was a goon.

I can link you to all five of my completed games, if you'd like, but you're going to find differences in my play in most of them.

so now wat? you're a jester? what role could possiblt make you say nothing gamerelated and/or useful?? /rolefishing

step it up. play like your first two games. I'll help you.
tell me:
1. your reads on everyone
2. WHY

this should do.

. (removed quote cuz it's huge and confusing, go read)

In post 195, pirate mollie wrote:liking serra even more
why?
In post 196, Baby Spice wrote:The thing with Fuzzy is that we get such a mixture. Some scummy, some pure town VI.
*snip*
I'm wondering if we should be gaming the system a little by claiming what rooms we were in and what room we are in. I don't know where anyone else is so I don't know if I would know who is in the room with me or if I would know who is in an adjaceng room. If oghers have this sort of info then hell yeah we share. Otherwise I don't know.

In post 1, guille2015 wrote:All actions are resolved prior to moving to another room.

^^^this. so if we do that, we give scum information about where to try and shoot.

on the other hand, we can know who was where, and so we can get a pool of suspects.

thoughts? this is a very good discussion to have.

btw, quote me the posts from fuzzy that are 'pure town VI' please. do it. come on.

In post 197, Malakittens wrote:Well; only problem is about claiming rooms. Is that scum need to get an item to night kill. If (town) tells what room they are in and if they drop an item it's more beneficial to scum. At this point I rather not claim where we are until after the scum do their first kill.

another option I think about:
what if we all shared the items we used? I mean, each one knows only what the item they had does, and so, in the future when we know who used what (but not where) we might be able to put together what happened - each one gets the info of the item he has and what it does, so he sees who had it previously and what possibly happened...and it can't help scum in any way, I believe...or can it? :/ the setup is confusingly fun..

In post 198, fuzzybutternut wrote:Tbh, I didn't even realize I had kept my vote on Mala for so long. I had forgotten I even had an RVS vote.
who cares? input please?

and if I did care - forgetting that you ever voted - it is just not possible. I get it if you forgot who your last vote was, but forgetting that you had a vote at all? I call bullshit again~
In post 201, Baby Spice wrote:I get the impression that Serra is trying to blanket the entire game as a mild cum read

blanket the game with mild cum. did I just read that. *goes to take a shower* lol
eh, Serra has stanced at least three concrete town reads iirc, so I don't get where you're coming from. explain?

In post 202, fuzzybutternut wrote:

gross...
more wonderful input!!! *claps* /sarcasm

In post 207, Jake from State Farm wrote:

actually, knowing what rooms everyone is in can help narrow down the killers.

I don't think day 1 is the time to do it, but at some point we claiming rooms is a good idea
why? if anytime, it should be D1, I think. it would help narrow the pool imensely, and well, it kinda burns scum's bridges.
In post 208, serrapaladin wrote:Something like retroactively claiming yesterday's room and action every morning might be a good idea.
what strategy is behind that?
wonderful content again

eh I'll continue somewhen soon.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:32 am

Post by shos »

Jen reads genuinely town imo.

about the items and rooms - I'll keep it in mind and think about it for a while and give you an answer.
about baby: she needs to answer my question in the longpost.

I also have another idea:
how bout we all strategically move? for example: two players barricade in the gazebo and fountain, and we make sure nobody gets to the conservatory, so that theoretically, they're safe. if one dies, vig the conservatory tomorrow. or something./ you get the point.

I'll keep thinking~

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:00 am

In post 216, Belisarius wrote:-unvotes it when it becomes clear the wagon is about to fall apart

that's a horrible reason to unvote someone btw.

Also going back to what you said earlier about your FOS of me

I'm not FoSsing you for being on Mala, I'm FoSsing you because I find your play independently scummy.

this isn't actually true. You FOS'd me because I didn't know what confirmation bias was. You said "playing dumb" is a scumtell. Other than that you really haven't said anything about my playstyle or what you found suspicious about it.

You suspect mollie because she fos'd someone after she voted them which is a horrible reason to vote someone and you fos'd me because you think I am lying about not knowing what confirmation bias is, which is also another dumb reason to be suspicious of someone.

I find it odd that you say you like the case on mala but you don't fos that slot either. I have been proven time and time again that the speed of a wagon doesn't mean anything.

Check out that link, Mafia got to L-2 on page 1. Sure it was an RVS wagon, but the mala wagon was also an rvs wagon. If you agree with the case, the speed of the wagon shouldn't matter.
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:04 am

Having thought about it some more, I have no problem claiming what rooms we are in.
Show
Things I've learned.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:23 am

Post by penguin_alien »

I think claiming items is better than rooms. There's a finite number of items, and it keeps scum from fake-claiming actions if we compile a list of what everything does. Keep in mind that adjacent rooms work for actions as well. I don't know about secret passages.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:22 am

Post by Jennifer »

@Penguin
@Jake
What do you think about Baby Spice? Scummy or no?

@Shos I don't think that we can block movement? The only thing I saw about multiple people in the same room was that if there is an item in that room, the person who gets it will be randomly selected.

That said, having thought about things more, though, I -do- think there is something to be said for room coordination. If we could somehow get as many people as possible spaced out every other room, then it (1) limits the list of targets that scum can choose from to kill and (2) narrows our scum suspects, as we'll be able to more easily match people to rooms/actions.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:30 am

She isn't playing similar to how I've played with her recently, but I'd need to re-read her posts to see if anything stands out.
Show
Things I've learned.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:51 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Here's the problem I see with Room claiming.

How can we be sure that people are where they say they are?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”