jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 2899, camn wrote:

I obviously agree with the Ben/CDB lynch pool. Lets get after it.

I really don't like this.. you seem very lynch happy, not caring who gets lynched.

And yea, I did look at Kise...and it confuses me
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Shaft »

In post 2896, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2895, Shaft wrote:
I'm more comfortable posting on this account.

Why? You're still posting as Kise at this site.

Is the shaft alt supposed to help you play better? Cuz I'm not seeing it.

I'm more comfortable posting on this account. You have four eyes and can't read?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:54 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

see this is what confuses me. there is no scummy motive for the change, given it is a known Alt. I could buy it as scummy if the Alt was unknown as Kise. As a scum ploy to screw with meta. but meh, I dont see too much to read into on it.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:55 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 4, Votecount 10

Benmage (2) - Deasvail, ChannelDeliBird
ChannelDeliBird (3) - Plessiezarus, Benmage, camn

Not voting (4) :
Cerulean, JasonT1981, kuribo, Shaft

• With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 25th of March at 3:40am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-24 23:40:28)
  • No one is V/la.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by camn »

In post 2900, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 2899, camn wrote:

I obviously agree with the Ben/CDB lynch pool. Lets get after it.

I really don't like this.. you seem very lynch happy, not caring who gets lynched.

as long as it is either of them, I don't.
and Lynch happy? Oh yes. Blood thirsty? Certainly. Bent on destruction? Of course!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, so I don't like Benmage apparently not caring whether he or CDB is lynched first, and I've become less sure of CDB-town recently as well. Unfortunately, I haven't read through their ISOs recently, and don't feel right now that I could properly decide between them. I will try to make this happen before deadline, but if not, then based on recent posts and my memory of their older posts, I have no significant preference between them as far as the lynch today goes.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:15 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2905, DeasVail wrote:Ok, so I don't like Benmage apparently not caring whether he or CDB is lynched first, and I've become less sure of CDB-town recently as well. Unfortunately, I haven't read through their ISOs recently, and don't feel right now that I could properly decide between them.

But you
have
decided between them -- you're voting for one of them. So the above just seems a very odd thing to say.

Please explain in your own words why you believed CDB was town, and why you've become "less sure" of this.

~ Pless
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:11 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Prodding ChannelDelibird
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2907, The Baltimore Sun wrote:
Prodding ChannelDelibird

Fans of irony might enjoy comparing CDB's current 51 days and counting absence from the thread with his ("[TML] has shown zero urgency to turn around the tide of opinion. I've been there as scum before and done exactly the same thing.") or indeed with:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.p...53961#p4753961]post 2227[/url], ChannelDelibird wrote:I mean, literally, we caught him and then he stopped posting. We have all seen this before.

Since camn's vote made him the largest wagon, CDB has stayed away from the thread. He's made a couple of posts out of the game, so this isn't any sort of site-wide flake, but he's not come back to argue against his lynch or to push harder for Benmage. People keep telling me hypocrisy isn't a scum-tell, but ...

~ Pless
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

EBWOP: 51
hours
, even :roll:.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:56 am

Post by kuribo »

Well if he only participates when he's being poked, lets either poke him or rope him.

vote: CDB
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

I'd say, besides Jason's uselessness, there are at least two slots in this game whose current contribution amounts to a series of continued excuses. So, while these people get their acts together and make their play worth
at least
a nickel, I'm going to
UNOVTE CDB

~.Zar
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:13 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

*EBWOP in case it wasn't clear,
UNVOTE CDB
, just because I apparently can't spell.

~. Zar.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:58 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2911, Plessiezarus wrote:I'd say, besides Jason's uselessness, there are at least two slots in this game whose current contribution amounts to a series of continued excuses. So, while these people get their acts together and make their play worth
at least
a nickel, I'm going to
UNOVTE CDB

~.Zar

I agree with this, I don't want Jason in LYLO, and could probably do without Ben there too at this point.

however, with deadline right around the way, at least I can say Ben and Jason have been consistently absent. They don't give a damn regardless.

CDB obviously gives a damn, or at least did when he was run up the flagpole.

little late in the game for a lurker lynch
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:59 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2906, Plessiezarus wrote:But you have decided between them -- you're voting for one of them. So the above just seems a very odd thing to say.

Benmage is in no danger of being lynched right now, so my vote for him is not very significant in my opinion.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

The apathy in this game is kind of irritating. Those of you who are coasting and aren't scum should try harder. Why sign up for a game you're not interested in actually playing?

DV should try harder too.

In post 2901, Shaft wrote:
In post 2896, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2895, Shaft wrote:
I'm more comfortable posting on this account.

Why? You're still posting as Kise at this site.

I'm more comfortable posting on this account. You have four eyes and can't read?

I share Cerulean's confusion. What about
this particular game
makes you "more comfortable" in your Shaft alt? (You're playing other games as Kise). Why did you decide only on day 3 that you were "more comfortable" playing as an alt?

In post 2902, jasonT1981 wrote:see this is what confuses me. there is no scummy motive for the change, given it is a known Alt. I could buy it as scummy if the Alt was unknown as Kise. As a scum ploy to screw with meta. but meh, I dont see too much to read into on it.

Shaft is ... pretty much a Cop, right? (He's a private investigator, anyway.) If Kise's a traitor, there's some scummy motivation to try to signal to the rest of the scum team, maybe? Don't really think that that's too likely. But my problem is I really struggle to understand the motivation for replacing yourself with a known alt
at all
. Especially when you do it mid-game, and keep playing other games as your old account. I can't help but be suspicious when people do things that seem to make no sense.

In post 2914, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2906, Plessiezarus wrote:But you have decided between them -- you're voting for one of them. So the above just seems a very odd thing to say.

Benmage is in no danger of being lynched right now, so my vote for him is not very significant in my opinion.

That's ... not really the point. The point is that the thought progression shown in your posts ("I don't feel Benmage is scum, but everyone else looks like town" ... "actually maybe Benmage is scum, his last few posts are suspicious" ... "I can't decide between Benmage and CDB") just seems utterly disconnected from your actual voting history.

And this really wasn't the bit of I was waiting for you to respond to. That would be this bit:
In post 2906, Plessiezarus wrote:Please explain in your own words why you believed CDB was town, and why you've become "less sure" of this.

I'd still like you to have a go at this.

~ Pless
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:36 am

Post by Cerulean »

Okay this will be brief. I have a ton of papers to grade today and tomorrow so I'll be on and off. Hopefully empire will pick up what I'm unable.

Cdb was an early scum read of mine that changed in response to his play day two, but there are some things that ran suspicious to me as I re-read the thread this week. (I'm not going to include post numbers, sorry that takes up too much time). Cdb makes an early vote on absta based on his petapan vote, and then when Ben asks him about it, he overexplains why he's voting absta. And I don't mean too wordy because hello! but the reason for voting absta is way overexplained and unnecessary. Could easily going for the whole show early suspicion and votes for a partner. He quickly finds a reason to move off of him though and votes safetydance for being too safe. He tells absta later to "skip walls, try harder, do better" and absta doesn't respond to this at all. I'm not sure how telling this is though because absta didn't respond to me when I called him out for sounding fake. In fact absta pretty much ignores cdb altogether. There is not one mention of him in his iso at all. His stance on Jason is pretty weird given that he's basically relying on Sotty and not his own read. This post is weird too and it almost seems like it's protecting Jason in way and slightly advocating a sotty lynch. Sotty would come back town, which would make people think that Jason just has to be town. But the next day as soon as Sotty starts suspecting Jason, he's suddenly a scum read for cdb.

The thing that strikes me as somewhat suspicious is the fact that tml had gone after cdb pretty hard on day two. Read any of tml's early day two posts and he's convinced he's found scum. He then pushes for Kise having a scum read on cdb and kise. It seems that in the night cdb wrote a case on tml and pushed it all of yesterday. Nothing made him waver a second in going after tml. He kept pushing that "tml asked for the name of the neighborhood" thing like it was slam dunk evidence, and didn't even flinch when I pointed out that the neighborhood was not, in fact, named Orlando's nor could it even be. If that was such a strong crux of his case, why didn't it make him flinch? I don't know I might be getting hung up on this though.

tgah looked like they could have been protecting cdb a bit. DV early voted for cdb for what it looks like moving his vote onto absta (which is something that is making me wonder about dv actually), and tgah asked dv why cdb was scum. I'm not even sure what to make of as I don't know why cdb was even brought up, but it's interesting to point out that it's in relation to absta.

Oh and something just occurred to me. Maybe it's paranoia setting in upon looking at that last post trying to figure out why he was mentioning cdb at that point, but that's a post dedicated to his scum read on Jason. We've been discounting Jason basically because of the tgah interactions, and I'll have to look at day one again with this in mind, but the first vote on Jason came after Sotty had declared having a strong gut scum read on them but a town read on Jason. The later push on Jason came after there was somewhat of a push against tgah. If they had any thought that they might be going down, and by that point it became obvious that Jason wasn't going to happen, they might have pushed harder on Jason to keep him safe.

But, self-meta gets to me. So, I think there are some really scummy things about cdb and the interactions with absta do look bad as well as tgah, but then again so did tml's and he was town. I'm not going to cry if he's lynched, but I don't feel confident he'll come back scum.

Okay, I'll post more in a bit after I grade some papers and feel like I'm accomplishing something.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:41 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I'm here and have been reading - I'm just pretty cards-on-table at the moment. You know where I stand; I haven't had anything to add to it. Didn't realise I was getting to be in prod territory. Just reading the newer posts...
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:47 am

Cerulean - the main issue I'd like to take with your big post there is the same issue that I've been taking all game with people discussing my early-game Jason read. My scumread on him did
not
suddenly appear on Day 2 - it was already something that I was nursing...

In post 311, ChannelDelibird wrote:I'd be very strongly considering a vote on Jason but Sotty and Zach have never given me reason to doubt their reads on him.

But the fact that it was Day 1 and Sottyrulez had a declared townread made pursuing that particular ping of the scumdar at that time look like a less wise idea.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 am

So, to be absolutely clear: I will vote for either Benmage, camn, or DeasVail today (with a preference to the first two). DV seems to be floundering under Pless's interrogation; I agree that his stated mindset looks incongruous with his actions.
#greenshirtthursdays
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:00 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1145, DeasVail wrote:Regarding CDB, I did have a weak townread on him, and am not entirely comfortable calling him scum. First, although he's not the most active here, in Mini 1376 (he was scum), he just didn't do... anything. Meanwhile here, he actually does stuff. I admit that he could just be more motivated in general now though.

The main thing for me is 283. I know everyone loves the coaching scumtell, but I'm pretty sure scum know this too, so I'm leaning towards thinking that scum would avoid a post such as Absta's, which is actually something I could see town saying.

I do admit the ignoring each other point could mean something, but considering how weak CDB's suspicion of Absta was, I don't think it's particularly surprising that he didn't follow it up.

Reason for a weak townread on CDB before his response to his wagon, which I also thought was the kind of thing that would come from town.

However, I do like your argument about his attitude to the game not really making sense, and if he was confident enough about his townreads to blaze through the game with PoE, I don't think he'd change his opinions (e.g. on me) so easily.

Benmage, how much were you trying to look town with your self-vote post?
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1904, Kise wrote:
In post 1884, Benmage wrote:PLUS who the fuck is going to counter claim EXPENSIVE doc

MEans I'm not regular doc and means I withheld info for the sake of greater good.

There can't be a steady doc along with my role, and it also hints that I'm balanced towards there being an SK > a vig.

Expand on this please. Thanks.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Cerulean »

I feel like Im missing something really super obvious.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by Shaft »

In post 2915, Plessiezarus wrote:I share Cerulean's confusion. What about
this particular game
makes you "more comfortable" in your Shaft alt? (You're playing other games as Kise). Why did you decide only on day 3 that you were "more comfortable" playing as an alt?

Shaft is ... pretty much a Cop, right? (He's a private investigator, anyway.) If Kise's a traitor, there's some scummy motivation to try to signal to the rest of the scum team, maybe? Don't really think that that's too likely. But my problem is I really struggle to understand the motivation for replacing yourself with a known alt
at all
. Especially when you do it mid-game, and keep playing other games as your old account. I can't help but be suspicious when people do things that seem to make no sense.

I feel empowered when I identify myself with Shaft. Catching up was boring for this game since we have no investigators and everyone is speculating for dozens-to-hundreds of pages. I lost interested in reading posts with nothing solid, so I originally thought I could come in and roleplay to spice things up, but then I remembered the shit SAD caught and kuribo even didn't want me roleplaying. Still, I'll throw out an in-character joke. But anyway I'm a superhero.

That second paragraph..how soon did that thought hit your mind?

Cerulean wrote:
In post 1884, Benmage wrote:PLUS who the fuck is going to counter claim EXPENSIVE doc

MEans I'm not regular doc and means I withheld info for the sake of greater good.

There can't be a steady doc along with my role, and it also hints that I'm balanced towards there being an SK > a vig.

A limited doctor would help increase the SK's chances of winning. That was my first thought but it wasn't long after I claimed that I decided against this type of thinking, hence why I've never bothered you.

And you know what? I don't care for the theory that DV is a second traitor. I don't want that kind of dangerous thought process to keep possible po-po alive. Taking away daytalk is a heavy blow for scum, and like I said, it'd be weird to setup a game where scum can kill someone and PUNISH them for it. And you can't say we don't have enough time because we've looked at DV plenty.

DV and CDB's feelings for each other make them look like an easy pair so I will vote either with a preference to eliminate the encryptor first.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2923, Shaft wrote:
Cerulean wrote:

A limited doctor would help increase the SK's chances of winning. That was my first thought but it wasn't long after I claimed that I decided against this type of thinking, hence why I've never bothered you.

Okay. I'm just a bit paranoid of you, and was hoping you got your flavor wrong, so I could go ha! gotcha!
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”