Micro 148: 50/50 Mafia (OVER)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.

Who is the MVP?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Hamlet
No votes
CityElectric
No votes
Zachattack
No votes
KX
No votes
Thenewearth
No votes
Kid A
No votes
PimHel
33%
ArcAngel9
No votes
Mothrax
67%

Total votes: 6

KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon
Location: Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol, Earth

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:54 am

Post by KX »

In post 20, thenewearth wrote:I should very much know who to vote for if it's for the sake of my faction.

As mentioned in my previous post, this issue seems to be one of importance to you, so I assume not wanting to claim village (strange in it's own right . . .) is why you say "for the sake of my faction?" Also, on this whole thing, wouldn't only the mafia, having communication with each other, know who to vote for, while the village, unless some sort of system was created, would be reduced to random anonymous voting?

My final point of this post is to ask if anybody has original thought on the anonymous vote different from what I state in #19 and #23, and is echoed throughout the thread, or if that'll be the general plan we go with, communicating in some for what are intent for the anonymous vote is before hammer?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 36, Kid A wrote:why wouldn't I claim to be town

that is a silly argument

It's an FoS. Don't make a fuss about it. You're not going to die from it.
And is that defense I sense? This should be good...

Well they do say that most town claims are from actual town but WIFOM is what WIFOM does.

Oh well.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 42, PimHel wrote:FoSing aside (Are there actually still people using them O.o?), I'm very against vote2. Easy to 'accidentaly' screw up. See rules, unvoting is not obligated.

That's why I said we use the term FoS instead of a vote 2.

But a DIE[PLAYER]DIE is good enough. But I'm so not going to make it rainbow color. Too lazy
Hamlet
Hamlet
Townie
Hamlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by Hamlet »

It seems my dear other head has forgotten about this game. :(

For the record, it won't be hard to tell us apart. I'm the slightly less vocabulary-inclined head.

Oh, hey everyone! :D

Alright, Kid A, you're not looking so hot, man. What gives? Is there something you need to tell us?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 53, Hamlet wrote:It seems my dear other head has forgotten about this game. :(

For the record, it won't be hard to tell us apart. I'm the slightly less vocabulary-inclined head.

Oh, hey everyone! :D

Yeah it's obvious who's talking.

Hi fu-- nevermind :shifty:
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by KX »

Holy fuck people it is not that hard to just say "I think we should anonymously vote (Player Name)" and then have people agree or disagree. This isn't like we all have two votes now.

@thenewearth, you have yet to answer my question. Also, implying that a player is town, especially in such a way as Kid A had, isn't of any value; it's how you'd say something regardless of alignment. Defending something is not immediately anti-town, and isn't actually anti-town at all, so why do you make it out to be? As for saying "this should be good" when there really is nothing else to say on it, makes it seem as if you expect more to come, and overall how you've worded it makes it so you frame them as scum no matter what. Then directly after state what they did is generally town. And even then, you're thinking of claiming Vanilla Townie, which they didn't do; They simply implied they were of Town alignment, regardless of role.

So, question time based on this. @thenewearth, in addition to the previously mentioned, how do you get all this coming together? I don't know about you, but to me, it seems like you're really trying to frame this person as scum over nothing, rather then trying to find actually scummy actions. @Hamlet, why the bandwagon on what new earth said? It helps in no way at all, their question is bad to being with, and there are other things to discuss. Seems kinda like trying to appear town and helpful without actually being such and framing another person throw into the deal, no?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 55, KX wrote:@thenewearth, you have yet to answer my question. Also, implying that a player is town, especially in such a way as Kid A had, isn't of any value; it's how you'd say something regardless of alignment. Defending something is not immediately anti-town, and isn't actually anti-town at all, so why do you make it out to be? As for saying "this should be good" when there really is nothing else to say on it, makes it seem as if you expect more to come, and overall how you've worded it makes it so you frame them as scum no matter what. Then directly after state what they did is generally town. And even then, you're thinking of claiming Vanilla Townie, which they didn't do; They simply implied they were of Town alignment, regardless of role.

Which question?

Sure defending isn't immediately anti-town. But why be defensive when there's nothing against you?
Heck you're defending him in his stead from what I see.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Post by KX »

The question is located in post #48 on page 2, reading the thread helps. Also, check out post #50 on this page.

And yeah, I am. Though tbf, it's more like I'm saying your attacking them is scummy since your attack is over nothing. And once again, you fail to answer the question. You instead immediately divert attention back to them, and now me as well. Answer:

Why did you press against them and not me over the same issue?

Why, when referring to your own alignment, do you say "my faction" if you're town?

Why do you think implying oneself is town, when it's in a natural context and not outright saying "ok guys, I'm Town" is scummy/questionable?

Why is their "defense" which isn't even a defense more grounds for the being scummy?

Why are you acting completely biased against them in a way which makes them seem scummy regardless of the facts?

Why have you ignored my question/are you not reading the thread?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 48, KX wrote:??? 23 < 34, so why give a notice to only Kid A? Am I not important enough?

This?
Sure... Now you're as equally important as Kid A. Good job

In post 57, KX wrote:The question is located in post #48 on page 2, reading the thread helps. Also, check out post #50 on this page.

And yeah, I am. Though tbf, it's more like I'm saying your attacking them is scummy since your attack is over nothing. And once again, you fail to answer the question. You instead immediately divert attention back to them, and now me as well. Answer:

Why did you press against them and not me over the same issue?

Why, when referring to your own alignment, do you say "my faction" if you're town?

Why do you think implying oneself is town, when it's in a natural context and not outright saying "ok guys, I'm Town" is scummy/questionable?

Why is their "defense" which isn't even a defense more grounds for the being scummy?

Why are you acting completely biased against them in a way which makes them seem scummy regardless of the facts?

Why have you ignored my question/are you not reading the thread?

1) Reactioooooons
2) Who knows? What do you think?
3) WIFOM. What If scum is like that?
4) Newb scum tend to defend at early game
5) More reactiooooooons
6) I asked which question, didn't I?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by KX »

This?
Sure... Now you're as equally important as Kid A. Good job

Not a fucking answer. I wanted to know, why, at that time, when me and him did the same thing, you called him alone out on it, not what your opinions of us both were now. And because I point out what you did is stupid, I'm as scummy as the person you called scum over nothing? Cool, that actually makes sense, however, only if we're both neutral reads, and you seem to be implying differently.

1) That is not an answer to the question. Why would you want a reaction from only them and not me?
2) That is once again not an answer to the question. Really, I have no clue, that's why I asked you.
3) Once again, not an answer, or if it is, it makes you look stupid. For either alignment it would be exactly the same, and so nothing can be drawn from it. Most scum will be like that. However, so will most village. It's like saying because you talk, you're scum. Both alignments talk, it proves nothing.
4) Evidence that says why newb town, town, and scum won't defend during pre-game? Also, is what they did even actually defending, it seems more like they said what you said was stupid, something I agree with.
5) Finally, and answer which makes sense. Alright, however, if you base that pressure off something completely stupid like what you did, how do you expect anybody but a total nube to be tripped up by it?
6) Once again, not an answer. You should answer all questions asked of you if they're actually good questions, which I believe mine were.

New question, in addition to the rest again (with actually reasoning, if you don't mind). Why do you suck at answering question? Also, a note, saying you don't have a reason is really only scummy if you hide it. Which, in your case, if that is the answer, you seem to be doing your best efforts to.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Post by thenewearth »

1) When was it when you soft claimed even? Kid A said "Make sure scum can't unvote us" which is an obvious soft claim.
2) So are you saying that saying "my faction" should not be said by town? That it's a scum tell? Please revise questions
3) It's WIFOM. Both town/scum can very much say "I am town" or naturally (or make it look natural) to say that they are town
4) He defended by "why wouldn't I claim town?". Sure... then "why wouldn't a scum claim town?" or "can only town claim town?"
5) Suuuuuuuuure
6) 'cause I didn't even know what the question was.

Why you keep saying "not an answer"? It was still an answer. Where answers are responses to questions. I answered, didn't I?
You could revise that "why are your answers wrong" but then again it's wrong on your perspective only.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by KX »

@thenewearth, age, and is English your first language?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Post by thenewearth »

I'm 16 going 17. (And I'm already a highschool graduate at this age)

Nope, I'm a filipino.

What are these questions for anyways?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by KX »

(no offence) trying to decide if my initial impression of you as an idiot is accurate. Well, there's a ton of material here for people, so I think we can say the game has officially started. Any input from people aside from me and earth here?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by KX »

also,
Vote: PemHel
, you've been lurking through this whole thing, care to add on?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 63, KX wrote:(no offence) trying to decide if my initial impression of you as an idiot is accurate.

None taken.

In post 64, KX wrote:also,
Vote: PemHel
, you've been lurking through this whole thing, care to add on?

I actually agree to this.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by PimHel »

@theNE
Yeah, right. You say it's just a FoS, as if your attack isn't important. But on the other hand, you are one of the few who wants to use FoS to show where your second vote lies. With that said, can you respond to my vote?
Also, I want to look up some of your past town games. Links?

@KX
Post #50, it seems you want to discuss how to show where players will put their anon vote. But at post #55, after one player mentioned something about it, it looked to me as it bothers you. What gives?
Not liking the feel of you keeping your options open on theNE: No vote and asking his age.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by PimHel »

PimHel was typing?
Hamlet
Hamlet
Townie
Hamlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by Hamlet »

In post 55, KX wrote:@Hamlet, why the bandwagon on what new earth said?

What the deuce?

I voted first, and as an RVS vote to boot. How is that bandwagoning?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 66, PimHel wrote:Yeah, right. You say it's just a FoS, as if your attack isn't important. But on the other hand, you are one of the few who wants to use FoS to show where your second vote lies. With that said, can you respond to my vote?
Also, I want to look up some of your past town games. Links?

Yes I know that it was for 2nd vote. But FoS > actual vote. Where I can actually vote for him. It isn't even enough to get him lynched. And it isn't actually important because:
1) I'm the only one who FoS'd him
2) Not even an actual vote
3) No threat that he would be lynched

Not a fan of using meta unless there's a significant thing (like past experiences with the actual player) but eh... Why not.

Note: I'm quite inconsistent (just saying)
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Oh btw...

Respond to your vote? Please elaborate
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by KX »

@PimHel, I was already slightly irritated at the amount of discussion over what I believed to be an extremely simple topic with an obvious answer, I just didn't really express it until the second post. As for the fence-sitting with theNE, I'm honestly unsure at this point, hence the lack of a definite opinion.

@Hamlet, I was referring to the quick agreement of opinion rather then anything with voting, specifically in
Alright, Kid A, you're not looking so hot, man. What gives? Is there something you need to tell us?

At that point, I felt the accusations against Kid A were extremely weak, and was curious as to why you would sound persuaded.

Vote: Alexcellent
back to my original prod vote.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by KX »

A brief look at the meta makes me inclined to say village idiot. Will read more when it's not 12 AM @theNE, thoughts on me after the exchange?
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by PimHel »

1. I didn't ask for the meta to see how you act as town. I wanted to look if you've used 'your faction' in town games.
2. I wanted you to respond to my vote as you hadn't said anything about it yet. But you did just now.
3. I might get back to this post, I'm waiting for something first.

@KX Why village idiot?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Apparently I still haven't one a game as town.

Though the pokemon mafia we ALMOST won.
If only they listened to me who to lynch.

(self meta-ing tiiiiiime)

Most of my town games I'm right who the scum were.
I'm just NOT that good on giving a case

KX: I'm not a fan of meta unless significant.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”