NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

/replace out please
... I'm never going to be able to take the time and catch up the way I'd like too.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 482, TheUnderachivers wrote:Let the alt think what he wants. Anyone with half a brain knows that I'm actually pretty darn good. I mean yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in myself that I'm having a hard time getting into this game. I promised Tammy a post where I'd yell at folks and I fully intend to see that through.

I'm still waiting... :( ...you can even yell at me if you want (once and gently) just yell and let me believe you're town, please?
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 425, BT wrote:
You prioritize making your slot look better / keeping MS from being lynched over scumhunting.

Exactly this. This is why I believe MO to be scum. Protecting yourself and trying to make yourself look better instead of scumhunting is not a town trait. EVER.

Robo's reads here are a little weak. I would honestly expect more from someone who's keeping up with the game. However, unlike similar read lists, Robo's do feel genuine and fit with his overall style. And while I am not the biggest fan of such a style, that does not mean that Robo is scum. In fact, he tends to be quite helpful when he wants to. I'd still like more though.

In post 435, Metal Overlord wrote:
Are you hopeful that I'm only trying to pressure you? That's cringe-worthy. I think you're scum and you're reading the justification.
Honestly, no, at this point pressuring seems kinda stupid, two votes and I'm active etc. However, compared to other options, I think my lynch would be really dumb, and so trying to figure out why you're seriously going for it.

Look, AtE and deflection all in one nice package.

In post 441, Ms Marangal wrote:Serra and I are OBV Scum buddies, and he's trying to protect me <3

and my reads are weak because I'm coasting,
looking for stuff to attack.
I can be passive, and I can be aggressive, but I feel like being passive especially since the only thing I'm feeling strongly about ATM is TAM

other then that BT, you don't really have a case against me.

I am noting your seemingly buddying up to Bulbazak though

and the last time I heard the phrase "this is to easy" it came from scum...

I'm defintely not seeing Rach as scum, and if I had to defend someone, it'd probably be her.

First, I do not like that phrasing. That is not town phrasing at all, and it is seriously making me doubt my town read on you.

Second, I say "This is too easy..." all the time. It means nothing alignment-wise. Afterwards, I normally go over and cry in the corner because of scum not providing a challenge.

Finished 18. On to 19.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 484, Jennifer wrote:I'm on page 12! My eyes started glazing over, so I need a break.

tl;dr At this point people I'd consider lynching would be BT, Titan, Keybladewielder, Titan, Robo, MO. Initially Bulb as well but I'm starting to come around on him. People I'd definitely not lynch are HD and AA (maybe because I've played with them before.. getting same vibe).

Okay, so I had a null read on your predecessor, and looking at your last replace in game this is how you replaced in, and I like that you have a scum read on BT because I don't know what to do with that read and most people call him town. You're wrong on us (twice even!), but answering a few questions for me so I can figure out my read on you would be wonderful! (I'm pretty tipsy ignore the exclamation points!!! I'm not really excited!!!)

Notes:
Jennifer wrote:
Becomes a discussion sparked by Reek over whether to policy vote a self-voter.
- post 31 Arc says no and votes Reek. Weird to vote Reek even if don't agree with policy lynches.

Why and does this say anything about her alignment?

Jennifer wrote:
p33 - I don't like Titan calling Bulbazak scum but then voting Rachmarie in next post. Even in the post where he calls Bulb scum, he's hedging.

Oops. We get to play the where's Waldo game now. So here is post 33:

In post 33, Titan wrote:
In post 23, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 19, Titan wrote:I propose an all hydra town block.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Some clarification would be nice.

A hydra is a slot made up of more than one player. A town block is when a group of townies vote together.

Hydras are always town. It is known. Ergo it makes sense that we should band together.

I'm really not sure what to make of your needing clarification for what is obviously and could only be a joke. But couple that with your earlier posts and I'll have to agree with my other head that you should go ahead and claim your partners. And I don't agree with reek reek rhymes with meek that you should be policy lynched for voting yourself. People do it, and it's really nothing remarkable, but I don't like that it wasn't the first thing you did. Your first post was meh in that it tried to make a joke and comment about me being a Waller. It wasn't until your next post that you voted for yourself, which makes your self vote look like a self conscious attempt to not vote someone else. Couple that with the gratuitous "discuss" and it falls flat. Seriously, doing something to get reactions and then asking for reactions is just as bad as voting for someone and in the same post admitting its just for pressure. And here I am reacting to it, so I'm probably just as lame.
But then I look at your start date, and unless you're an alt, maybe all of this is a product of inexperience.

So, where exactly do I call Bulbazack scum? Here's a hint: I don't. In fact if you look at the bold, you'll see me explicitly saying that what I didn't like might not actually be a scum tell but an inexperience tell. I was trying to work out my read on him; there is no hedging. If I wanted to push him as scum, I would.

But, what would it matter if I did call Bulba scum in that post and voted Rach in the next post? There are five scum here, so pressuring more than one person at a time would be a good thing. But, that's a moot point because I decided that Bulba might not be scum and if he was was being pressured by enough votes that I could interact with him to get a read while pressuring others.

I noticed you asked later on why I brought up again the scum v. newbtown thing again, and I mentioned it again because it was a part of my read. New people (less than 10 games sometimes more depending on the person) do and say things that can easily be interpreted as scum, and are often picked up and pushed by people. It's sometimes hard to tell the difference, but I'm interested in telling the difference.

jennifer wrote:
56 - I don't agree with Underachievers that BT-Bulb is "incredibly town." BT's posts at that point aren't townie ones. Also don't agree with his Reek-scum read on p.59

Why don't you agree with the Reek scum read. Have they done anything to make you think they aren't scum?

jennifer wrote:
125/126 - not liking Titan's "content" - unexplained vote on BT post 129 (scum partners?)

Hi Jennifer meet Arthur. Beyond that...I gave an unexplained vote on Rach why didn't you think it was indicative of scum partners? Also, people don't distance that way.

jennifer wrote:
- don't like Titan ignoring Robo's fluff while posting

*shrug* Robo fluff posts until he gets something he cares about. Not worried about it right now with so many other scummy people about.

jennifer wrote:
163 - Titan brings up newbtown v. scum argument again.. .why? Nice detailed thoughts though. Though not sure why after all that analysis he would would vote a lurker (TAM).

Who do you think I should have voted for. I'll translate twitch for you, it means *scum* Here's the thing I know TAM can do better. That's a scum read on TAM based on his posts and involvement, but who cares if it were a vote just for a lurker. I happen to believe in lurker lynches early on. Have you ever been in end game with a lurker? There is almost no way to tell if you are choosing between lurking town or scum, and if I can do my part to eradicate the evil of lurkerdom, I will. But if it were just for lurkership I would have voted for reek reek rhymes with bleak who incidentally replaced out and might not be a bad lynch afterall after how little they actual posted. Both heads tend to lurk as scum and neither did much.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

Just quick Defense of that link.

1. I'm a replacement in linked game, also extenuating circumstances from then and now are different.
2. This game has a shit ton of hydras, and a shit ton of posts from accounts that are not those hydras but consist of players within those hydras. Do you realize what a pain that is to read and keep straight? (I'm actually getting why people dislike Hydras now.)

But I'm replacing out so that should be all.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 475, Voidedmafia wrote:
Votecount 1.13:

Metal Overlord - Bulbazak, BT
The Acting Method - Titan, ms. marangal, human Destroyer, OtterHorse
Bulbazak -
Reek, keybladewielder

Robocopter -
rachmarie

Reek - Jennifer, Metal Overlord
Underachivers -
Robocopter

keybladewielder - arcangel8, underachivers
RachMarie -
Klick

Not Voting -
antilles, The Acting Method

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Okay so we are four days to deadline people, time to start consolidating some wagons. Anyone who is bolded needs to pick a viable wagon or start selling the one they're on like a champ.

I'm willing to move to keybladwielder, reek (replacement be damned), and antilles....maybe metal overlord but metal sonic reads possibly townish.
Half troll/Half wall.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.14:

Metal Overlord - Bulbazak, BT
The Acting Method - Titan, ms. marangal, human Destroyer, OtterHorse
Bulbazak - Reek, keybladewielder
Robocopter - rachmarie
Reek - Jennifer, Metal Overlord
Underachivers - Robocopter
keybladewielder - arcangel8, underachivers
RachMarie - Klick

Not Voting - antilles, The Acting Method

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-03-31 00:58:14) or by midnight on April 1st, 2013.

The Mastin2 head of The Underarchivers is V/LA until at least the end of March.

Still searching for a replacement for Reek (and now for TAM).
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 504, The Acting Method wrote:Just quick Defense of that link.

1. I'm a replacement in linked game, also extenuating circumstances from then and now are different.
2. This game has a shit ton of hydras, and a shit ton of posts from accounts that are not those hydras but consist of players within those hydras. Do you realize what a pain that is to read and keep straight? (I'm actually getting why people dislike Hydras now.)

But I'm replacing out so that should be all.

Um no sorry.

1. You are a replacement in that game, which should actually be more difficult for you to get into than a game that you start from the beginning with people you know and have played with. Also, you never gave any extenuating circumstances so you don't get to go you must mind read me about it.

2. This game HAD five hydras. Not a shit ton. Do you even realize how many of those hydras have both heads posting? Otterpony is 99% one head, Reek has replaced out and was one head, TheUnderachivers has been mostly Mastin and a few of Nero who has been posting out of account. The only hydras who have been posting almost equally are arthur and me and metal sonic an kx. AND every single out of hydra post has been followed by a hydra post, so try again.

That should not keep you from being able to give a few reads and contribute to a game...sorry it just can't, especially on the non hydra people. I could see if you were like, I'm going to reserve judgment on the hydras until later, but here's what I think about the non-hydra people, but you didn't even do that.

Because all I hear are excuses blah blah blah and I know you can do better.
Half troll/Half wall.

Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Post by Metal Overlord »

MS:

I wrote a really long tl;dr post and nobody replied T^T
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Jennifer »

Hey guys, I have a hellacious long day at work today coupled with a work event tonight, so I likely won't be able to touch this game until late tonight or tomorrow (realistically it will be tomorrow unless I can't sleep).

I am mindful that we have a deadline coming up in a few days, and I will be ready before then to fully engage.

Titan, I saw you have questions for me, and I will address those as well as soon as I finish up my catch-up.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:13 am

Post by Klick »

If Levi's scum, it would be with TAM.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Klick »

Wrong game, sorry.

I'll catch up tonight.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 501, Titan wrote:
In post 482, TheUnderachivers wrote:Let the alt think what he wants. Anyone with half a brain knows that I'm actually pretty darn good. I mean yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in myself that I'm having a hard time getting into this game. I promised Tammy a post where I'd yell at folks and I fully intend to see that through.

I'm still waiting... :( ...you can even yell at me if you want (once and gently) just yell and let me believe you're town, please?

but I lubs you Tammy and don't wanna yell at you. I rather yell at BT for his crap selective scumhunting or Key for being nothing more than a fluffy lurk monster or Robo for his crap vote on me or otterhorse for being a grown man that watches kids cartoons.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Antilles »

In post 511, Klick wrote:Wrong game, sorry.

I'll catch up tonight.

BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by BT »

@mod, I'm replacing out. Sorry to do this when you're already looking for a few.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 514, BT wrote:
@mod, I'm replacing out. Sorry to do this when you're already looking for a few.

lesigh.

Searching for a replacement for BT as well...

Also, just so everyone's aware if they weren't already, if a lynch is not set at the deadline the person with the most votes will be lynched. Currently that would be TAM, assuming no one unvotes or another wagon doesn't get more than 4 votes.

Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Keybladewielder »

Put me on V/LA please

Sorry but something came up
OtterHorse
OtterHorse
Townie
OtterHorse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by OtterHorse »

So apparently im flying solo. From having to replace out of games that I didnt want to replace out of but needed to, TAM is telling the truth about not having time here.

Also TUA might legitimately be scum and just not NC-bad from that last post. Great part is if TUA is scum he is bussing KBW as that vote is massively out of place given how he is playing the game.

unvote
Vote TUA

He is making a whole lot of posts that have some sort of backing, even though most of what he argues is theory on hydras (which he still never proved wrong), then his KBW vote is out of left field. Despite having scumtells laid out, he jumps of "fluffy posting" with the KBW vote and ironically, goes on a week long fluff rampage where he actually has only menitoned KBW once again for lurking (despite him not being on the site for almost a week) and for fluff posting while COMPLETELY ignoring other players who are posting next to nothing/fluff.

This "selective scumhunting" in his own terms is something that he says is a scumtell, and when he doesnt call anypony else who is doing it (noteable AA and Antilles), it actually reads like scum who is trying hard to get on the KBW lynch. Maybe auto-assuming bussing isnt right, but it feels like its more motivation that "scumtell" to be on the wagon, he is specifically choosing KBW for some underlying reason (like TUA is scum and he is going for the mislynch/bus).

@Titan - TAM gets kicked to more or less null from this since it really seems like time issue more than anything alignment motivated. There are points where players are obviously just not keeping up and then fall through and this feels more like one of them.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Jennifer »

Alright, I'm going on 3 hours sleep and am exhausted, but I need to get a catch-up behind me. Not sure I'll do things the same way again next time I replace in. I saw that some don't even read the posts made before they replaced in, and that sounds so appealing now.. But, I do think it's useful and we need to quickly consolidate a plan for today, so here goes…

ok.. just finished but I cheated at the end.. I think brain just won't function anymore.

VOTE: MO

MO is still coming across scummy to me and has 2 votes on him, meaning might be a viable lynch for today.

If I have to will vote TAM to secure a lynch (though given Voided's policy of plurality voting looks like wouldn't be needed)

Reason is I would rather vote someone who is still in the game, because means their scumminess is more likely because they really are scum and not because they no longer want to play.

I'm disappointed TAM wants to replace out at this point though. Seems like should be finishing day, especially as top contender.

@Titan Brief answer before I crash. My notes weren't necessarily on things that were scummy but rather things that seemed odd/important to note. That way if there is a collection of odd things I can see a pattern more easily. Re lurkers.. I have. I finished a game where Jacob was scum and lurked through to a win. But it still seems like when you have people doing things that are actively scummy, you're better off getting them first rather than eliminating unknown because they're unknown (though Jacob was kind of scummy in his own right.. but enough people gave him a town read for drawing a pic, it was hard to get vote on him). I can answer more substance later.

skim
Spoiler:
p 315 - TAM just asking for case on him. Says not finding things interesting.
Titan votes, no reason given.
MM votes, for bothing her
Bulb votes for not contributing/participating
Titan following up on Bulb, says like Otterhorsescum. - Why vote TAM then?
326 - Otterhorse votes for Antilles for not engaging in game (Ess policy lynch lurker of secret heads). Why is Otter silent on TAM?
Antilles responds by giving 2 town reads (HD/Bulb) - which I agree with
yay MM asks my question to Otter about TAM.
RachMarie thinks Antilles is active lurking. Doesn't want to engage in TAMscum discussion (why?)
Titan says Otter should be voting Key or TAM if want policy lynch
Otter defends Antillesscum call. (still silent on TAM)
UA says Key scum, finds Rach defensive
Titan finds Antillesscum.
I'm finding Robo's comments reasonable today. Starting to lean town.
Bulb wants to lynch Antilles for personal reasons
HD votes TAM, no reason given
364 - BT pops in again out of nowhere. only talks re policy lynch
370 - MO says Under, Antilles seem scum. Doesn't think TAM is which is odd because basically same argument as with Antilles. likes policy lynches.. I still lean scum on him. KX is a bit of a wild card because of his wordy play but I think cutting through words to look at the actions, it's suspect.
vote count 1.09 Don't like RachMarie's vote on Robo. Reek.. forgot he was playing
can't keep eyes open…speeding up review
399 - Klick is reading town to me. I like Rachmarie vote.
BT wall - come back an look at.(416)
465 - Otterhorse vote on TAM , looks to be trying to get a majority.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

RachMarie, Robocopter, Arcangel, and Human Destroyer have been prodded

Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Metal Overlord »

In post 518, Jennifer wrote:

VOTE: MO

MO is still coming across scummy to me and has 2 votes on him, meaning might be a viable lynch for today.

If I have to will vote TAM to secure a lynch (though given Voided's policy of plurality voting looks like wouldn't be needed)

Reason is I would rather vote someone who is still in the game, because means their scumminess is more likely because they really are scum and not because they no longer want to play.

MS:
Is that it? bulb and BT havent even replied to my longpost yet .____.

could you like, vote later after we receive a response I am getting long-post-no-reply syndrome
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by Titan »

UNVOTE:

I'll put down a vote tomorrow. Hopefully I'll talk to arthur and see where he wants it. I think that MO is in the lead now, but I'm not seeing that as a good lynch. I do think the kx head read scummy but the ms head reads townish, and honestly right now I'm inclined to not vote for someone who's actually putting some effort into the game when a good number of people aren't doing anything or are promising content to come. And with that said, I'll probably be up for an underachivers lynch :(

Otterpony - I'm inclined to agree with you about TAM. He could have just been behaving anti-town I guess.

Jennifer - That's just the thing though. I thought TAM's behavior was scum lurking.

I'll actually post something more relevant tomorrow; I'm tired and hopefully the quad of prods will come in and say something.
Half troll/Half wall.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

MO, I'm catching up as fast as I can, but I'm suffering from a bit of a fever atm, so I don't know how long that will be.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Metal Overlord

As promised.
Are you ready for this?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:59 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

bump

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”