Micro 148: 50/50 Mafia (OVER)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.

Who is the MVP?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Hamlet
No votes
CityElectric
No votes
Zachattack
No votes
KX
No votes
Thenewearth
No votes
Kid A
No votes
PimHel
33%
ArcAngel9
No votes
Mothrax
67%

Total votes: 6

thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 127, Hamlet wrote:Furthermore, there will be no signing of posts. We both dislike the idea.

OOOORRR sign yourselves off by using aliases.

Like:

-Nuts
-Care bear
-theguywhonobodyunderstandsbecauseofalostlanguage
-something

Anything. Leave us guessing, but sign it off
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by PimHel »

In post 146, thenewearth wrote:
In post 144, PimHel wrote:^^ So, nothing useful and trying to look helpful. More votes, plz.

Oh and what's the case on KX? I think I missed that part.

The only thing he did, was the fence-sitting on you. All other stuff is just trying to look helpful. He's just skating by.

In post 147, zachattack wrote:
If you disagree with me on KX, then shouldn't you be all over me and KidA?

I was questioning KidA at this time. And I disagree with your KX read. Doesn't make you look scummy though.

._.
You said, that mafia loves to take advantage of theNE's FOS on Kid A. You never questioned anyone about it. So:
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Post by PimHel »

P.S. Look at KX's vote.
Hamlet
Hamlet
Townie
Hamlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by Hamlet »

In post 143, KX wrote:@Hamlet, normally, as I've seen it, Hydras are run one of two ways. The first is were it's as though two different people, in which case they sign. The second is were both players highly utilize the ability to talk to each other, and establish the same or similar opinions on most things, and that they disagree on, they know why the others does so. In this case, they act together as one player. Also, I'm curious, what was the thought process behind to two of you deciding you dislike the idea of signing your posts, and would it really be such a difficult thing to do when it would help everybody else out?

You see, we want to be the second type. We are not about to just completely give up because it didn't go perfectly from the very beginning on the first attempt. Neither of our heads is French.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by Kid A »

KX all your votes so far are prods, please say your top scumpick and why you think they are scum, even if you dont want to vote yet
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:30 pm

Post by CityElectric »

Sooooooo, I guess I'm going to have to do a re-read, because I have no grasp on this game yet whatsoever.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:18 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 155, CityElectric wrote:Sooooooo, I guess I'm going to have to do a re-read, because I have no grasp on this game yet whatsoever.

Take your time.

But don't take too long please
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:23 am

Post by CityElectric »

I'll take however long I need. Got anything you want me to look into?
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:55 am

Post by Hyperion »

so there is nothing going on really <_< Hamlet, please sign your posts, more votes on KX pleaseandthankyou
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:16 am

Post by PimHel »

Words of wisdom ^^
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:30 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Prodding Temphdq.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 am

Post by thenewearth »

Oh I get it...

The prod votes.
Weird... He's not prodding Temphdq...
Scumbuddies much?
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by zachattack »

In post 151, PimHel wrote:
In post 146, thenewearth wrote:
In post 144, PimHel wrote:^^ So, nothing useful and trying to look helpful. More votes, plz.

Oh and what's the case on KX? I think I missed that part.

The only thing he did, was the fence-sitting on you. All other stuff is just trying to look helpful. He's just skating by.

In post 147, zachattack wrote:

I was questioning KidA at this time. And I disagree with your KX read. Doesn't make you look scummy though.

._.
You said, that mafia loves to take advantage of theNE's FOS on Kid A. You never questioned anyone about it. So:

I have no issue with your interactions with TNE or KX. I don't like KidA. I like Hamlet even less though.

And KX is prod voting the guy I replaced. He should pay more attention, but I don't see how that's relevant do your questioning of me.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon
Location: Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol, Earth

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by KX »

Wow, like, nothing is getting done. Anyway, time to contribute.
In post 154, Kid A wrote:KX all your votes so far are prods, please say your top scumpick and why you think they are scum, even if you dont want to vote yet

Wtf was the point of saying this? And unless I missed it, I think the vote on me are srs votes. Maybe PimHel's isn't, but even so.

@PimHel/Zach, why the big deal over me keeping a prod vote? It's not like there's a wagon against you or something, so unless you can provide some other problem. Either way, since you insist, UNVOTE: .

So far, reads are as follows:
Town

Hyperion - I've got to be honest, at least from what I've seen, they seem to be the only smart person in this game. Most of their posts actually have meaning and are semi-helpful or hold a good point, so I'd say Town. Only thing I hold against them is voting me, more later.
PimHel - Mixed feelings, something seems off, but I can't say exactly what. Otherwise, they've made quite a few good points/observations, and so I'd say Town.
Thenewearth - As previously stated, I think I'm going to have to say Village Idiot, so barely town.
Kid A - They seem ok, however, they really haven't done much of relevance but defend themselves. They did that ok though, and I already mentioned #154, so I guess I'll go Neutral for now, I need to see more. However, if their contibution to things outside themselves remains horrible, Scum.
Hamlet - The interaction between heads is horrid, and I so no reason why if town they should keep who's posting a secret. In addition, what they've said separately is very minimal and pretty bad, so Leans Scum. Only redeeming thing I can see is the interesting RVS play, which led to something unique to start the game off with.
Zachattack - It seems like they've done very little, and his #87/89 about possible PR implication was strange to say the least, so Leans Scum
Temphdq - One Post. Nuff Said.
CityElectric - The lack of posting doesn't stand out too well, and their two most recent posts are extremely bad. This game really isn't that long so far, and it seems like it would be extremely easy to take a precursory glance at it and say a few words. A second post on them not being able to post is what really tips it. Leans Scum.
scum

Ironically the two people I read as most town are the ones voting me. But hey, that's just how life goes I guess.
Seeing as how I have four scum reads, a neutral-scumish, and a VI read, I think this pretty much sums up the game to me. I'm seeing very little happen or get done, and feelings that I'm not able to get good reads on the majority of this game. I can't tell if it's simply because most of the players are bad, lack of anything to base healthy discussion around, low activity, etc, whatever, but the point remains something needs to change, or I don't see this game going very far.

Anyway, @Hyperion, if I get this correctly, the reason for your vote is that I'm posting but without content? Even if some of my posts don't have content, though this is something I'd like to object to, since some of them do, how does that make me worse then the part of the game who have posts but no content, or worse, those who are without posts entirely? Since otherwise you seem pretty smart, having difficulty getting how that fits together. Only thing I can think of is somehow my posts seem to you as though they're being made to fake content, but if so, clarification on exactly which posts and how. If you hold to what's described in #83, then I've got some serious questions.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 163, KX wrote:Thenewearth - As previously stated, I think I'm going to have to say Village Idiot, so barely town.

Really... Am I to be happy about this or something? :igmeou:
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Post by KX »

Uh, considering I'm insulting you're playing ability, and as a VI you remain a lynch option, probably not.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Post by PimHel »

@Zach
But if I'm correct, you find Kid A suspicious for different reasons, right?
The prod vote is interesting. See below.

@KX
My vote is serious.
As mentioned before, you're skating by. The only one you have seriously questioned is theNE. And as we've talked about, it was a big case of fence-sitting. You're now quetioning Hamlet, but the questions don't even make sense. Many other stuff is trying to appear pro-town.
The prod votes is showing to me that you just don't care. You didn't even notice that your prod-vote was replaced. And furthermore, you can question them. But you haven't done so. It's again a case of ' trying to appear' .
Last post with content is very strange. You say you have 4 players who lean scum, but there is only one of them that you'[ve mentioned before. Of the remaining 3, only CE has a logical explanation why she's been mentioned now and not earlier.
P.S. Why no vote?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Post by KX »

Because if I were to cast it, I'm not sure whom I would cast it on? I could go CE, but in their case I feel it wouldn't do much, Temp has been prodded already, and for anybody else, should I vote them, I feel there should be a purpose to the vote. As for not questioning anybody else, if you mean a page long thing like with NE, there hasn't been anything which has continued on long enough. If you mean to say I haven't been questioning people at all, were do you get that impression? You say I'm now questioning Hamlet, however, how so? I've asked them a question, multiple actually, but I've done that before to other people. As for mentioning scum reads before, it's because there's really nothing solid to go off of yet. If you look at my reasoning, most of it is due to a lack of content from them, coupled with something.

Anyway, you got one thing right, I really don't care that much. This is just one game, and a game that while seems really fun in context, is somewhat stagnating, and has what I must confess to be a so far boring player list. Seriously, you harp on me, look around and how much others have been doing. Compare this to games I've recently obtained, and factor in I'm on spring break and so trying to catch up on a lot of missed sleep, and yeah, I don't care. Maybe if things get interesting I'll do more.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Post by Kid A »

In post 163, KX wrote:Wow, like, nothing is getting done. Anyway, time to contribute.
In post 154, Kid A wrote:KX all your votes so far are prods, please say your top scumpick and why you think they are scum, even if you dont want to vote yet

Wtf was the point of saying this?

going through every single player like that makes it easier for scum to identify which villagers they can push a lynch on and which ones they need to nightkill

hence me only asking for your top scumpick
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:09 am

Post by KX »

But the votes weren't prods. And at this point, having a single "top scumpick" isn't something I viably had. Also, as for the matter of scum deciding who to push on a nightkill, while I can see your point, suppression of opinions and information also makes it easier for scum to avoid giving opinions on partners or doing things which might out them. Also, it really isn't that hard to guess who you could press a lynch on a who you couldn't, or who is or isn't viewed as town, at least in a game were things are getting done. Kid A, anybody striking you as scummy at this point?
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:40 am

Post by Kid A »

fair point

I was pretty confident about voting TNE earlier but now not so much since his vote on Hamlet has pretty sound reasoning
Zachattack looked like he could have been rolefishing but then he did a solid vote on Hamlet too

I think I'm going to go for Hamlet because his/their play is all over the place but on the other hand that is to be expected of two people doing hydra for the first time

UNVOTE: thenewearth
VOTE: Hamlet
will remove my vote if it becomes obvious that the rocky start was just down to them being new to hydra, but it feels like one of the heads is struggling to cover for the other right now
(Hydra pronouns are confusing)
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:18 am

Post by KX »

Kid A, opinion on City?

Also, on Zach, you mean it makes him seen more town because of good reasoning, not just the fact he voted Hamlet, right? Also, since when has TNE's gut saying something been sound reasoning?
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:22 am

Post by PimHel »

@KX
But that's an increasing problem >.< If multiple players think the way you do, of course it will stagnate. Nobody will do a thing >.< And those who want to post, can't because there's nothing going on. The only way to make it more interesting is to post.
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:26 am

Post by zachattack »

I was pretty confident about voting TNE earlier but now not so much since his vote on Hamlet has pretty sound reasoning

What do you like about TNE's reasoning?
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:31 am

Post by PimHel »

@KX
Why wouldn't a vote against CE do much?
In my opinion, you've questioned theNE and Hamlet. With this, I mean asking questions that shows you're ' suspicious' of them. I didn't see this behaviour of yours with anyone else.

@Ki A
Why are you now agreeing with Zack and theNE and joining them with a vote, while it's been a time ago that they've spoken about their suspicion of Hamlet?
I'm not liking the fence-sitting:
'I think I'm going to go for Hamlet because his/their play is all over the place but on the other hand that is to be expected of two people doing hydra for the first time'

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”