Micro 148: 50/50 Mafia (OVER)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.

Who is the MVP?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Hamlet
No votes
CityElectric
No votes
Zachattack
No votes
KX
No votes
Thenewearth
No votes
Kid A
No votes
PimHel
33%
ArcAngel9
No votes
Mothrax
67%

Total votes: 6

PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:28 am

Post by PimHel »

Seriously ._.
Hamlet
- What's going on between the heads?
Kid A
- more information on your meta argument?

Regarding voting:
I prefer KX and Zach over theNE and will only change to him if a KX or Zach lynch isn't going to happen.
I was planning to use my anon vote against CE.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:00 am

Post by mothrax »

Hmm. Now that I think about it, Zach is flying below the radar a bit. If I can't get a TNE lynch today I'm not comfortable lynching KX, too high on my list.
Hamlet, what are you doing? KA is town.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Hyperion »

erm. I could compromise on Zach, but I would prefer KX today. Also, are we going to talk about who we want as the other lynch candidate?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 am

Post by mothrax »

I'm good with using lurker CE as our second candidate... Or... We could lynch lurker CE and see what happens with the second vote a la will of the town, since we can't really compromise and it would throw the majority candidate up there...

Like I said. I would prefer TNE, could compromise on Zach, but I'm not comfortable with KX. As outlined, I've got a townie vibe from him...
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:06 am

Post by mothrax »

Actually, the odds of us getting enough players in here to switch wagons entirely are super low. So...

unvote, vote zachattack
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 am

Post by CityElectric »

I'm sorry for being inactive, I'm super busy with school stuff... I'll promise to better my life from now on. Also, using your anon vote to lynch me could horribly backfire, just saying.

What is the case against Zach? Because nothing in his ISO jumps out as ridiculously scummy to me... If anyone, I'd be up for lynching Kid A over my gut feeling.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:50 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Prodding KX.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:39 am

Post by PimHel »

Unvote; Vote Zach
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:01 am

Post by Hyperion »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: zach
before anyone else votes should we come to a consensus on who the second vote is for, or are we going for CityElectric?
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 am

Post by zachattack »

In post 53, Hamlet wrote:It seems my dear other head has forgotten about this game. :(

For the record, it won't be hard to tell us apart. I'm the slightly less vocabulary-inclined head.

Oh, hey everyone! :D

Alright, Kid A, you're not looking so hot, man. What gives? Is there something you need to tell us?

In post 116, Hamlet wrote:Other head here. My basic explanation of why Kid A isn't looking hot is because I know he can do better than that. However, TNE, OMGUS much?

In post 68, Hamlet wrote:
In post 55, KX wrote:@Hamlet, why the bandwagon on what new earth said?

What the deuce?

I voted first, and as an RVS vote to boot. How is that bandwagoning?
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 am

Post by zachattack »

I don't like the progression of the first two posts I quoted there. There was nothing particularly untoward from Kid A at that time. That 116 is the best he could come up with as an explanation is all sorts of shady, hydra or not. The fact that we had a bunch of posts from Head B staying away from Head A was just icing. I also don't like 68 because it seems like he's feigning ignorance over what he's being questioned on. I like my vote.

I promised to scum meta TNE. I am busy and haven't done this yet. I will try tonight.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:01 am

Post by mothrax »

Hyperion: who would you like to see as the second choice?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 179, KX wrote:@Zach, nice post, very helpful, you're contributing so much.

There's something about this that rubs me off wrongly.

VOTE: KX
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Oh... and Reads

Town:
morthax
Hyperion

Null-town:
Pim

Null:
CE
Kid A

Null-scum:
Hamlet

Scum:
KX
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 236, mothrax wrote:Hyperion: who would you like to see as the second choice?

If I had my choice, then KX.
But you don't want a KX lynch so I guess CE for inactivity. (or even better CE could just replace out...)
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by mothrax »

I've got a pretty strong gut town read on KX. One of his detractors explain what you see about him that is so scummy? I'm fallible and could have missed something.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon
Location: Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol, Earth

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by KX »

Sorry for the inactivity, anyway, to business. A Zach lynch sounds good, and CE for the anonymous vote would work well.

@CE, is this
Also, using your anon vote to lynch me could horribly backfire, just saying.
a soft claim, an AtE, or something else? Either way, makes me want to vote you even more.

@TNE, first, you realize that was sarcasm with an implication to improve post quality, right? Anyway, you seem to have continually and repeatedly read me as null, and you asked what the case against me is multiple times, up until shortly before the post in which you vote me. I don't believe anything was clarified between those two points, did that one post convince you somehow, the inactivity, or something to do with your town reads finding me scum? Or are you just bandwagoning on a potential lynch?

@PimHel, not quite sure about what you're asking me in #202, clarify? If you missed the sarcasm in it, then I know this is the internet, but can somebody tell me when saying the near or exact opposite of what is actually true stopped being the definition or sarcasm?

@MOD, votecount please?
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by PimHel »

I'm not voting CE. Let scum sweat about her possible softclaim. And during the night, she should be able to catch up, so that we can look more into her tomorrow.

@Mothrax
-Flying under the radar. In my eyes, he only attacked Hamlet and theNE, other posts are just trying to appear to be helpful.
-The attack of theNE has some fence-sitting in it. After all the questioning, he backs down with the 'probaby village idiot' - argument. Easy way to drop, easy way to get back up. Great for looking at what other players will do.
-Furthermore, the prod vote. 1. I'm used that players who actually care if their prod vote works or not, look more into that player. For example, ask questions or remember if that player is still present in the game. 2. He doesn't prod vote CE which should have a better chance at working, which leads to my conclusion that he got scared due to the 'attack' of his first prod vote.

@KX
What sarcasm :S?
I wanted to hear your reason for voting alex. That's all, (Basically. After I've got that answer, a different question will follow)
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by KX »

In #202, you ask "based on #179," which was what I was getting confused by. So what you're asking is why didn't I vote CE as a prod after unvoting Alex, seeing as how I voted Alex only as a prod? First I think I answered that already, but whatever, basically it goes that I was voting Alex as a prod, and once he was subbed out I unvoted him since the sub did stuff. I then didn't vote anybody because I felt a vote wouldn't do anything in any case. Also, don't vote the person who's doing almost literally nothing to help, has made very few posts total, and softclaims when they're suggested for a lynch. gj, I can see how you're pro-town. But yeah, the whole softclaim and mafia kills leads to endless WIFOM, even more so since this is 50/50. Care to give a reason why you won't lynch them?
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Post by PimHel »

KX wrote:Also,
Vote: Alexcellent

Care to join the discussion, even if, as it stands, there isn't much?

Because the explanation in #179 doesn't make sens to me due to the above quote.
So voting a player who probably never read the game helps, but voting a player who has been stating a few times to read the game doesn't help? To me, it would be more logical to switch those statements. So I find it very odd.

If CE is a powerrole, the scum has to think to target CE or not. Both are positive for us.
But if she survives to D2, she should have grasped the opportunity to read up and that means that she can be active during D2. Which gives us the possibility to get a good read on her.
That's why I don't want to lynch her.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Sarcasm or not...

That phrase is totally rubbing me off wrongly
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by KX »

@PimHel, voting a player who probably hasn't done anything helps since it gives them an incentive to post something when up to that point that haven't had any, other then the obvious it helps the village, but hey, they might just be ignoring things or such. CE had shown that they were aware they needed to post, and yet hadn't really done anything, for the apparently reason that they didn't have the time. They already have an incentive to post and know they should, but have said that they can't.

Also, post #230 shows that they at least have a little time and have done some research, so why the near total lack of given content? While hard lurking doesn't seem to be a staple of their scum play, and so I'm inclined to believe that they have limited time, the fact that they can only say so little is somewhat telling. And to softclaim when they're only being talked about vaguely for an anonymous lynch, just really bad. Considering what you say about City and the scum killing them or not, once again, it would boil down to total WIFOM, and so unless the mafia ended up actually targeting and then hitting her, which seems unlikely at best, we gain nothing. While it is something to make us hesitate when lynching them, I completely disagree with you saying you won't lynch them. Yeah, more time could help with them, but what we've got looks extremely bad.

Anyway, what happened between this post and post #225? While yeah, an anonymous vote doesn't exactly mean we get two votes, it does me we get two people lynched, and so should discuss which two we should lynch as equals without distinction between an anonymous and regular vote suspect.

@TNE, answer the questions . . ?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Mostly because of that statement
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Post by KX »

Also, @All, thoughts on policy lynching TNE since all current options seems to be shaky at best and disputed, and TNE is undoubtedly a poor contributor who seems incapable of helping, is difficult to obtain information from, and the loss of whom shouldn't be missed?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Let's count it off shall we.

1) Prod voting
2) Calls inactive players as scum.
3) The read doesn't really help much. Just says that active players are town and inactive as scum

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”