Syryana

4/11 players are living.

Spoiler: Dead Players
  • CrashTextDummie, Vanilla Townie
    shot Minimal in error and died day 1.
    fferyllt, Mafia Goon
    was shot by Minimal and died day 2.
    Minimal, Vanilla Townie
    shot JasonWazza in error and died day 3.
    jeremylu, Mafia Goon
    was shot by JasonWazza and died day 4.
    JasonWazza, Vanilla Townie
    shot fuzzybutternut in error and died day 5.
    Ineffective, Mafia Goon
    was shot by fuzzybutternut and died day 6.
    RachMarie, Mafia Goon
    was shot by fuzzybutternut and died day 7, thus ending the game!

7/11 players are dead.

Spoiler: Modkilled Players
  • No one ever, I hope.

V/LA players

• The game is over, it's irrelevant.

Important events

Start of Day 1 CrashTextDummie replaces SodaSpirit17 Nachomamma8 replaces srand End of Day 1
Start of Day 2 JasonWazza replaces Catlord End of Day 2
Start of Day 3 End of Day 3
Start of Day 4 End of Day 4
Start of Day 5 End of Day 5
Start of Day 6 End of Day 6
Start of Day 7 End of Day 7

Postgame info
Last edited by Sanjay on Tue May 14, 2013 12:44 am, edited 62 times in total.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:38 am

Post by Sanjay »

Setup

• a. This is an open setup.

b. The following roles have been distributed:

• 7 people have received this PM:

Town PM wrote:Welcome to Open 491: The Popcorn Mafia!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no abilities except your voice and your itchy trigger finger. If only someone would give you A GUN.

You win when every single mafia-aligned player is dead.

The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM once you have read and understand the rules.

4 people have received this PM:

Mafia PM wrote:Welcome to Open 491: The Popcorn Mafia!

You are a Mafia Goon.

You are on a team with XXX, YYY and ZZZ, with whom you can communicate at any time here.

Before the game begins, you must choose a town-aligned player to be THE GUNBEARER.

You win when the number of mafia-aligned players equals or is greater than the number of town-aligned players

The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM once you have read and understand the rules.

c. Before the game starts, the mafia must choose a gunbearer from among living town-aligned players. The gunbearer is publicly announced to the town.

d. Once per day, the gunbearer may target one player to shoot.

e. If the target is mafia, the target dies and a new day begins with the same gunbearer.

f. If the target is town, the gunbearer dies and a new day begins with the target as the new gunbearer.

g. If the gunbearer does not elect to shoot another player by the end of the day, the gunbearer dies, a night begins, and the mafia choose a new gunbearer from among living town-aligned players.

h. The game ends when one faction has achieved their win condition
Last edited by Sanjay on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:40 am

Post by Sanjay »

The Rules

1. General:

• a. No set of rules can anticipate all possibilities. My chief priority is to run a fair, fun, safe game. I reserve the right to amend and retroactively enforce the rules at any time. However, this will only be done in keeping with my chief priority.

b. You are expected to follow sitewide rules. Some of them have been included specifically in this rule set, but you are expected to follow them all. Please review them if you think you need to.

c. If anything seems to be wrong, you want to double-check if something you do is allowed, or you have any questions, please PM me. I will not reveal any information you should not have. You are also welcome to contact me in thread, if appropriate, by addressing me and getting my attention using
    bold letters

2. Rules governing what you can do:

• a. Play towards your win condition.

b. Be civil. Please refrain from personal attacks. Please refrain from homophobic, sexist, racist, transphobic and other derogatory slurs, even in a joking manner. You will get one warning, after which you risk a modkill.

c. Do not talk about the game while it is ongoing anywhere except the game thread if you are alive, the mafia QT if you are alive and in the Mafia, the dead QT if you are dead, and, always, PMs with me.

d. You are dead when you are declared dead, killed or shot by me, the moderator. Until that point you may post anywhere you would normally be able to do so given your alive status.

e. If you are dead, do not post in the game thread or the mafia QT. This means no "bah" posts. Instead, you are welcome to share all disappointment, hopes and aspirations in the dead QT or in a PM to me.

f. Do not discuss other ongoing games in any of the spaces provided for this game.

g.
    Teal
    is my color. Don't use it! More importantly, do not attempt to impersonate me. Further, do not directly quote PM communication from me. You may paraphrase. Remember that you can always contact me to make sure what you are about to do is okay.

3. Game start

• a. Roles will be assigned randomly and distributed by PM.

b. Once roles are sent out, players have 48 hours to confirm via PM before they will be replaced. On confirming, the mafia can start using their QT.

c. The thread will be opened once everyone has confirmed and the mafia has chosen a gunbearer.

4. Shooting/Voting/Lynching

• a. The gunbearer may shoot a player by posting
    Shoot: Player's Name
    in bold letters. Vote tags are unnecessary. The correct or complete spelling of the player's name is unnecessary, but the selected player must be unambiguous. It would be appreciated, but is not necessary, for the gunbearer to PM me when they make their shot to get my attention.

b. Because of the particular design of this game, there is no official voting and no lynching.

c. The town may elect to have me keep a running vote total. The votes have no game effect. If you wish to vote, you may do so by posting
    Vote: Player's Name
    in bold letters. Again, vote tags are unnecessary and the name doesn't have to be correct, merely it must unambiguously refer to one player. If you wish to unvote, you may do so by posting
    Unvote
    or
    Unvote: Player's Name
    . Only explicit unvotes count. If you fail to unvote, you will have multiple votes out. Again, votes have no game effect.

d. I am volunteering to keep a running vote total as a courtesy to you. As a courtesy to me, please do not vote solely for the purpose of giving me extra work to do.

5. Deadlines

• a. The first day will last three weeks or until a shot is made. Each subsequent day will last two weeks or until a shot is made.

b. If the mafia have to choose a new gunbearer, they will have 48 hours to do so. After 48 hours, a new gunbearer will be assigned randomly.

c. A deadline is considered passed when the relevant amount of time lapses, not when the passing is recognized by the moderator. In other words, actions taken after a deadline passes will not be recognized.

d. Deadline extensions will be considered if a player or players request replacement at an inopportune time. Deadline extensions WILL NOT be considered simply because a player otherwise needs replacement, even due to inactivity, the town is inactive/indecisive, or a player is V/LA at an inopportune time.

6. Activity and replacements

• a. By signing up for this game, you agree to be an active participant. Actively participating means, at the very least, you post at least once every 48 hours.

b. Failure to post at least once in a 48 hour period will result in a prod. If the prod is not responded to in 24 hours, the prodded player will be replaced.

c. If a player has not posted at least once in a 24 hour period, you may request a prod on that player via post or PM. This does not replace the prods I will send out automatically for 48 hours of inactivity. Please use this responsibly, and understand that, while greater levels of activity are appreciated, one post every 48 hour period is an acceptable level of activity.

d. If you expect not to be able to actively participate for a limited amount of time, you may declare yourself V/LA by posting in thread (using
    bold letters
    to get my attention) and declaring a time for which you will be V/LA. You may send me a PM as well, but this is not necessary. You will not be penalized or prodded for inactivity during this period. If possible, advanced notice of your V/LA is appreciated. If your V/LA period lasts for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be asked to replace.

e. Any player may ask for a replacement. I understand that we cannot perfectly predict what our time commitments will be. It's okay. You may ask for a replacement in thread with bold letters, or by PM. Once you request replacement, you are out of the game and may no longer participate.

7. Consequences

• a. Failure to follow the rules will result in possible warnings, forced replacements and modkills (with the usual change of win condition to neutral survivor) at my discretion. None of that sounds very fun for me.

b. Following the rules will result in fun for everybody.

8. Credits:

• a) The rule set was created by perusing and heavily borrowing from rulesets put together by Jal, The Acting Method, quadz08, Gorrad, and NumberQ, as well as influence from Vi's Comprehensive Modding Guide for 2010. Thank you very much!

b) Thanks to Maestro for agreeing to be on-call as a back-up mod in case I am unexpectedly unable to fulfill my moderating duties.

c) Thanks to LlamaFluff for being an available and helpful ListMod.
Last edited by Sanjay on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 am

Post by Sanjay »

PMs sent out. Once all players have confirmed and the mafia selects a gunbearer, the thread will open and opening game flavor will be provided.

Much like a bag of lightly buttered popcorn, the flavor will be light, but pleasant.

The deadline to confirm is Saturday, April 13th, 8:00 AM EST, in (expired on 2013-04-13 08:00:00).
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Sanjay »

I made an error in sending out the town PM. There was a stray "[/quote]" tag at the end of it. The town PM looks like this:

~~~

Welcome to Open 491: The Popcorn Mafia!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no abilities except your voice and your itchy trigger finger. If only someone would give you A GUN.

You win when every single mafia-aligned player is dead.

[/quote]

~~~

The problematic portion is highlighted in red. Given its early discovery and the intervention of this post, I imagine the negative impact of this error will be zero. If there are any concerns in your mind, please contact me.

Despite the lack of likely harm, however, I sincerely apologize for the mistake.

Talk to you again when you're all confirmed and we have a gunbearer!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Flavor
"They've turned the heat up too much!" a panicked Popcorn Mafia goon cried. "I feel like I'm going to explode!"

The other members of the otherwise fearless gang tried not to give up hope. Still, there was a kernel of truth to what their partner in crime was saying. A simple heist had turned into a fight for their lives. The ever-vigilant town of Redenbacher, OR had fitted each of its citizens with a bulletproof vest that reliably ricocheted bullets back at their shooters. Pretty advanced technology. Now, a mob had formed, looking for blood, and, given the Popcorn Mafia's reign of terror, justice.

Against this town, their trusty
gun
was useless. Worse than useless: its presence only served to implicate them. They could probably take out the mob with pop's secret hand-to-hand fighting techniques, but not while they were outnumbered. Big problems. What to do?

A plan popped into their heads...

"We stealthily slide one of them the gun, infiltrate the town, and convince them all to shoot each other. Then, when the moment is right, we pounce."

Has the Popcorn Mafia discovered an amaizeing way by which they may evert their approaching doom? Or instead will they find themselves not so lightly assaulted? A town this crafty will not be easy to dupe...

Welcome to
Day 1
! The day will end on May 3rd, at 7:30 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-03 19:30:00)

The mafia has chosen
SodaSpirit17
from among all living town-aligned players to be
the gunbearer

Begin!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:34 am

Post by Sanjay »

Vote Count 1.1
Voting for
:

RedPanda (1): fuzzybutternut
RachMarie (1): Syryana
SodaSpirit17 (0):
Minimal (0):
Catlord (0):
Ineffective (0):
fuzzybutternut (0):
srand (0):
jeremylu (0):
fferyllt (0):
Syryana (0):

Not voting (9): SodaSpirit17, Minimal, Catlord, Ineffective, RedPanda, srand, jeremylu, fferyllt

The gunbearer is
SodaSpirit17
. No amount of votes does anything.

The deadline for day 1 is Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:30 PM EST, in (expired on 2013-05-03 19:30:00)
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Vote Count 1.2
Voting for
:

srand (1): fuzzybutternut
SodaSpirit17 (0):
Minimal (0):
Catlord (0):
Ineffective (0):
fuzzybutternut (0):
jeremylu (0):
fferyllt (0):
Syryana (0):

Not voting (9): SodaSpirit17, Minimal, Catlord, Ineffective, RedPanda, srand, jeremylu, fferyllt

The gunbearer is
SodaSpirit17

The deadline for day 1 is Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:30 PM EST, in (expired on 2013-05-03 19:30:00)
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:13 am

Post by Sanjay »

Thanks for letting me know. I'll still look for activity unless either of you would like to declare the whole hydra V/LA, though.

With some quick editing, you all now can see a summary of current V/LA players in the first post.

I have amended the rules for going on V/LA. You must post in thread, but it is no longer
required
for you to PM me as well with the same information. It's extra work for you and I'd like to think I am watching the thread vigilantly enough for it to be unnecessary.

That said, PMing me is still the fastest and most reliable way to get my attention, and you are always welcome to do it if you'd like.

I also amended the rules earlier to fix a spelling mistake in the rules section.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Vote Count 1.3
Voting for
:

srand (2): fuzzybutternut, jeremylu
fuzzybutternut (1): Syryana
fferyllt (1): Syryana
SodaSpirit17 (0):
Minimal (0):
Catlord (0):
Ineffective (0):
jeremylu (0):
Syryana (0):

Not voting (8): SodaSpirit17, Minimal, Catlord, Ineffective, RedPanda, srand, fferyllt

The gunbearer is
SodaSpirit17

SodaSpirit17 has been prodded.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Sanjay »

In post 149, jeremylu wrote:
In post 147, Sanjay wrote:
Vote Count 1.3
Voting for
:

fferyllt (1): Syryana
[/b]

what??? fuzzybutternut can vote twice and syryana has 3? screwed up votecount

The vote count is correct.

In post 2, Sanjay wrote:
The Rules

4. Shooting/Voting/Lynching

c. The town may elect to have me keep a running vote total. The votes have no game effect. If you wish to vote, you may do so by posting
Vote: Player's Name
in bold letters. Again, vote tags are unnecessary and the name doesn't have to be correct, merely it must unambiguously refer to one player. If you wish to unvote, you may do so by posting
Unvote
or
Unvote: Player's Name
. Only explicit unvotes count. If you fail to unvote, you will have multiple votes out. Again, votes have no game effect.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Vote Count 1.4
Voting for
:

fferyllt (2): Syryana, srand
Minimal (1): srand
Catlord (1): srand
jeremylu (1): srand
SodaSpirit17 (0):
Ineffective (0):
Syryana (0):

Not voting (7): SodaSpirit17, Minimal, Catlord, Ineffective, RedPanda, fferyllt

The gunbearer is
SodaSpirit17

Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Sanjay »

In post 158, fuzzybutternut wrote:VOTE: Everyone

I suppose it has been assumed without me saying so, but I'm disregarding this. Mainly because it goes against the spirit of rule 4d.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Sanjay »

SodaSpirit17 has not responded to the prod. Looking for a replacement...
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Sanjay »

CrashTextDummie replaces SodaSpirit17 effective immediately.

CrashTextDummie is the gunbearer!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by Sanjay »

srand has been prodded.

Deadline is still Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:30 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-03 19:30:00).
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by Sanjay »

fferyllt has been prodded.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Sanjay »

And two more:

RachMarie has been prodded.
Ineffective has been prodded.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Sanjay »

It's been two.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Sanjay »

CrashTextDummie, our gunbearer, has been prodded.

jeremylu, is that a vote?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Sanjay »

Vote Count 1.5
Voting for
:

srand (3): fuzzybutternut, jeremylu, srand
fferyllt (2): Syryana, srand
Minimal (0):
Catlord (0):
jeremylu (0):
CrashTextDummie (0):
Ineffective (0):
Syryana (0):

Not voting (7): CrashTextDummie, Minimal, Catlord, Ineffective, RedPanda, fferyllt

The gunbearer is
CrashTextDummie

Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:44 am

Post by Sanjay »

Ineffective has been prodded.

I'd like to remind you all that you may request prods on any player that has been active for more than 24 hours. I am more than happy to do stuff to keep the pace of the game going.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Sanjay »

CrashTestDummie, RachMarie, srand and Minimal were prodded by Syryana's request.

RedPanda was prodded normally.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Sanjay »

CrashTextDummie has received his second prod.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:00 am

Post by Sanjay »

jeremylu has been prodded.

Deadline remains Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:30 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-03 19:30:00). Gunbearer remains
CrashTextDummie
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #25) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:53 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Syryana, a reminder to be nice.
There are a lot more diplomatic ways to express the idea you are expressing.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:10 am

Post by Sanjay »

Sending out some prods:

fferyllt
RachMarie
fuzzybutternut

Come on down!

I think I may have to rethink the three prods and you are out policy. It's only day one and most you have been prodded at least once, several twice and I think replacing half the town would have a net negative effect on the game, regardless of how it might incentivize activity. I know the 48 hours = prod is relatively aggressive for the site, so I want to be flexible and avoid replacements unless they are necessary.

That said, please let us know if you are going to be absent for an extended period of time. Please try and make this game part of your regular routine.

Thanks.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:14 am

Post by Sanjay »

Catlord V/LA noticed and appreciated.

srand prodded.

Deadline is
Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:30 PM EST
, in
(expired on 2013-05-03 19:30:00)
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #28) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Slow weekend.

Prodding Catlord.

Also prodding: Ineffective, jeremylu, fferyllt, Syryana

Looking for a replacement for srand, who failed to respond to a prod.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #29) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 am

Post by Sanjay »

Also, just a reminder:

Deadline is on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:30 PM EST, in (expired on 2013-05-03 19:30:00).
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:29 am

Post by Sanjay »

Nachomamma8 replaces srand, effective immediately.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:55 am

Post by Sanjay »

Flavor
Pop!

A single shot fired from CrashTextDummie's newly aqcuired gun. CrashTextDummie thought Minimal would not survive a gun blast. Was he right, or was this merely a case of the pot calling the kettlecorn black?

Really good question.

I will answer it.

No. He was not right.

The bullet CrashTextDummie shot ricochetted with resounding accuracy back at its shooter causing minimal damage to Minimal and MAXIMAL damage to CrashTextDummie. Like all good citizens of Redenbacher, Minimal was equipped with your standard issue magic bulletproof vest.

Minimal, not wanting to cry over spilled popcorn, picked up CrashTextDummie's gun and continued the hunt for the Popcorn Mafia.

The gunbearer
CrashtextDummie
, has shot at a
town-aligned player
, and is now
dead

Minimal
, a
town-aligned player
, was shot at and now becomes
the gunbearer

Thread will be momentarily locked as I update the thread.
Last edited by Sanjay on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #32) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Welcome to Day 2. Prodding everyone.

New deadline is Tuesday, May 14th, at 7:10 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-14 19:10:00). Note that days from now on have a two week deadline.

New gunbearer is
Minimal
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #33) » Thu May 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Just a friendly deadline reminder:

Deadline is Tuesday, May 14th, at 7:10 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-14 19:10:00).
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #34) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by Sanjay »

In post 528, Ineffective wrote:Jeremy and fuzzy need a prod
So prodded.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (isolation #35) » Fri May 03, 2013 12:16 am

Post by Sanjay »

In post 533, Catlord wrote:I have picked up a bug somewhere and have been feelling sick the last few days. I can't conentrate on this game right now so I think it is best that I just drop out. I am sorry for having to do this as I hate having to drop out but I will hope you guys understand.

requesting replacement
On the case.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #36) » Sun May 05, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Sanjay »

I want to commend everyone for the activity level, especially over the weekend. No one to prod at this time.

Deadline is Tuesday, May 14th, at 7:10 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-14 19:10:00).

The gunbearer is
Minimal
, not that any of you likely forgot.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #37) » Mon May 06, 2013 4:07 am

Post by Sanjay »

I have a replacement lined up for Cat lord. Just waiting on final confirmation that they are good to go.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (isolation #38) » Tue May 07, 2013 12:04 am

Post by Sanjay »

Searching for a replacement for Catlord

Player who said would replace in never responded to my PM.

Anyway, deadline is Tuesday, May 14th, at 7:10 PM EST, in (expired on 2013-05-14 19:10:00)
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #39) » Tue May 07, 2013 12:18 am

Post by Sanjay »

JasonWazza replaces Catlord, effective immediately.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #40) » Tue May 07, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Sanjay »

RedPanda has been prodded.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #41) » Tue May 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Shootcount 2.1
fferyllt (1): Minimal

Not shooting (0): Nobody!

With 1 gunbearer, it takes 1 to shoot.

caramel flavorMinimal fires off a single bullet with polentaful anticipation. Would their bullet reliably ricochet back at their multiple heads?

Would a new gunbearer get a chance to rise to the cream of the crop?

GOOD QUESTION.

Good answer: No.

fferyllt, the first member of The Popcorn Mafia, is hit with a lethal gunshot due to not being outfitted with a magical bulletproof vest.

Minimal grits their teeth, and prepares to carry on.

The gunbearer
Minimal
, has shot at a
mafia-aligned player
and remains
the gunbearer

fferyllt
, a
mafia-aligned player
, was shot at and is now
dead

Thread will be momentarily locked as I update it.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #42) » Tue May 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Welcome to day 3. Prodding everyone.

New deadline is Tuesday, May 21th, at 10:00 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-21 22:00:00).

The gunbearer
is still Minimal.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (isolation #43) » Tue May 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Prodding everyone except for Nacho.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (isolation #44) » Wed May 08, 2013 3:55 am

Post by Sanjay »

A little redundant with the previous prod everyone post, but
jeremylu has been prodded
specifically.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (isolation #45) » Wed May 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by Sanjay »

White Cheddar Flavor
Are two heads better than one?

Well, not when they are blown off by a bullet ricochetting off a magical bulletproof vest.

Minimal takes aim at JasonWazza and fires.

Pop!

The aftermath is JasonWazza reluctantly (or cheerfully, I'm not telling you what to think) picking up the gun and Minimal, unfortunately, a lifeless husk.

The gunbearer
Minimal
, has shot at a
town-aligned player
, and is now
dead

JasonWazza
, a
town-aligned player
the gunbearer

Thread will be momentarily locked as I update the thread.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (isolation #46) » Wed May 08, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Welcome to day 4. Prodding everyone.

New deadline is Tuesday, May 22th, at 8:45 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-22 20:45:00).

JasonWazza
is
the new gunbearer
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (isolation #47) » Thu May 09, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Sanjay »

Artificial butter flavorIs something wrong with the time-space continuum?

Days seem to be speeding up. Nights seem nonexistant. WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Who could think of hunting down members of the Popcorn Mafia at a time like this?

Apparently JasonWazza can.

jeremylu dives for cover, but it is to no avail against JasonWazza's keen sense of GUN.

Another member of The Popcorn Mafia bites the corn.

The gunbearer
JasonWazza
, has shot at a
mafia-aligned player
and remains
the gunbearer

jeremylu
, a
mafia-aligned player
, was shot at and is now
dead

Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (isolation #48) » Thu May 09, 2013 10:44 am

Post by Sanjay »

Welcome to Day 5!

The new deadline is Thursday, May 23th, at 05:50 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-23 17:50:00).

As usual, I'm sending a message to everyone letting them know that stuff is going down.

The gunbearer
remains JasonWazza.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (isolation #49) » Sun May 12, 2013 1:04 am

Post by Sanjay »

white cheddar flavor
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire eight shots or only nine?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a plot device gun, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off provided you aren't wearing a magical bulletproof vest, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

JasonWazza was not lucky.

Shucks.

The gunbearer
JasonWazza
, has shot at a
town-aligned player
, and is now
dead

fuzzybutternut
, a
town-aligned player
the gunbearer

Thread will be momentarily locked as I update the thread. I'm doing this from my phone so I apologize for my slowness.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (isolation #50) » Sun May 12, 2013 1:18 am

Post by Sanjay »

Welcome to Day 6! Will prod when I get on a computer.

Next deadline is May 26th, 8:20 AM EST.

fuzzybutternut is the gun bearer!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (isolation #51) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Sanjay »

Hastily written flavor
fuzzybutternut fired the gun, hoping his shot wouldn't be ineffective.

It wasn't.

It was Ineffective.

(Sorry for going for the obvious corny pun there.)

The gunbearer
fuzzybutternut
, has shot at a
mafia-aligned player
and remains
the gunbearer

Ineffective
, a
mafia-aligned player
, was shot at and is now
dead

Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (isolation #52) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Sanjay »

Welcome to Day 7!

Next deadline is Sunday, May 26th, at 01:50 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-26 13:50:00).

The gunbearer
is still
fuzzybutternut
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (isolation #53) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Sanjay »

three flavor samplerSome are born gunbearers, some achieve gunbearingness, and some have gunbearingness thrust upon them.

And some have bullets thrust upon them.

fuzzygunnernut thrust some bullets RachMarie's way and she promptly fell dead.

RachMarie is the final member of The Popcorn Mafia.

Not to butter the town up too much, but they did a great job!

The gunbearer
fuzzybutternut
, has shot at a
mafia-aligned player
and remains
the gunbearer

RachMarie
, a
mafia-aligned player
, was shot at and is now
dead

CrashTextDummie, Minimal, JasonWazza, fuzzybutternut, RedPanda, Nachomamma8 and Syryana have achieved their win condition!

TOWN WINS!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (isolation #54) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Sanjay »

Not much to reveal on my part.

Here's the dead QT.

The Mafia QT can be posted at the discretion of any of the mafia members.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (isolation #55) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:11 am

Post by Sanjay »

Thank you so much everyone for playing! I really enjoyed reading this game and moderating this game.

I'd thank you even more for some feedback on how I did. What worked, what didn't work? This was my first game moderating and it would be really useful to me.

I'll have more to say later.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (isolation #56) » Mon May 13, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Sanjay »

I think it goes without saying that the town did very well this game. Many of you had super accurate reads. Many of you made your alignment really obvious. This was a hard town for the mafia to blend in with.

All things considered, I think the mafia did very well too. I think jeremylu got off to a bit of a rough start but he actually bounced back very well and made people hesitant to pull the trigger on him. fferyllt did a good job blending in and could have easily stayed alive much longer if things had gone differently. RachMarie did a very nice job blending in as well. Ineffective did a great job of manipulating the town and being read as town.

Near the end of the game, with all the solid townies and good hunting, finding reasonable paths to victory became harder and harder. Still, the mafia played well enough that until Ineffective went down, they were still very much in this.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (isolation #57) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:20 am

Post by Sanjay »

I feel like the mafia need some sort of power besides picking the initial gunbearer (and a lot of use THAT power was with SodaSpirit disappearing immediately after confirming).
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (isolation #58) » Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I was thinking of something similar, regarding the mafia power being a killing power that only activates after the first mafia member dies. I was thinking that the mafia could choose a player and if that player becomes the gun bearer, they die instead.

Ultimately, as dangerous as nacho and RedPanda may have been, the mafia should be insanely reluctant to kill anyone but confirmed town. Also, it makes the kills happen at a predictable time.

Whatever power role you give, it is sort of a shame to lose the staggering simplicity of the setup.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (isolation #59) » Wed May 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I suppose the mafia doesn't actually give up information by not killing a gun bearer, since after killing a gun bearer they presumably have to pick a new one, giving the town a confirmed player anyway.

Return to “Completed Open Games”