Micro 153: Sherlock Holmes Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:48 am

Post by JasonWazza »

If evolving is supposed to make things survive better, why did we evolve into the people that are destroying our world?

Vote Count 1.6

[3] Syryana: pirate mollie, sword_of_omens, goodmorning,
[1] Blue Yoshi: Seanald,
[1] Ms Marangal: zachattack,
[1] Pirate Mollie: Syryana,

Not voting: Ms Marangal, Blue Yoshi, Pala,

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-04-16 15:57:31)
Last edited by JasonWazza on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:26 am

Post by pirate mollie »

so syryana what do you think of pala?
whew!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Syryana »

pirate mollie wrote:so syryana what do you think of pala?

In post 142, Syryana wrote:After going back and looking at Pala, there's a couple things that stand out. Pala seems to be taking swords' answers/reasons w.r.t. me and Seanald without challenge. Why would you need swords to tell you if this is par for the course for Seanald? Why not go meta Seanald instead? Why would you call swords' reason for voting me a good reason yet only FOS me?

I think Pala is null leaning scum. It seems like Pala is asking questions for the sake of asking questions because the answers don't really seem to be affecting her (I'm calling Pala a her until some gender is specified) play or opinions on people. She also seems to like taking swords' word for things instead of doing her own investigations. Not really impressed with her scumhunting either. I didn't really think much about Pala to start with, but the more I dig into her ISO the less I see that I like.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

Hmm... I'm coming back when I can think, which is hopefully, now.

I can understand why you think Syr is scum mollie, but I really do doubt that he is one of them. He has a point, being that alot of the people aren't paying that much attention to him, town and scum both so I don't think the stalling of his wagon is indicative of alignment this time around. there really isn't anyone that I could think of as a viable partner for him at this stage anyway
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 153, Ms Marangal wrote:Hmm... I'm coming back when I can think, which is hopefully, now.

I can understand why you think Syr is scum mollie, but I really do doubt that he is one of them. He has a point, being that alot of the people aren't paying that much attention to him, town and scum both so I don't think the stalling of his wagon is indicative of alignment this time around. there really isn't anyone that I could think of as a viable partner for him at this stage anyway

People paying attention to me or not is not indicative of alignment. That's what I just voted mollie for. Also not being able to find my scumpartner is not indicative of my alignment.

Your white knighting of me is becoming increasingly incoherent and alarming.

VOTE: Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:09 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

... if you can't find a plausible partner, you are unlikely to be scum, thus not being able to find who your potential partner may be IS somewhat indicative of your alignment.

also, who does and does not pay attention of you CAN be indicative of alignment, it's how people ignore, or pay attention is what matters.

You're town, I'm going to defend town whether that townsman likes it or not so take it like a man
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:12 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 155, Ms Marangal wrote:take it like a man

Is it just me that finds this phrase kinda weird, i mean men don't take much, so why are we taking things like men?

take it like a woman would make a lot more sense.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 156, JasonWazza wrote:

Is it just me that finds this phrase kinda weird, i mean men don't take much, so why are we taking things like men?

I very nearly spewed a drink all over the wall while reading this. Thanks, Sherlock.
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

yeh..actually after re-reading...

i can easily see a Syr/Ms M scum team...

Ms M flip flop on Syr is noted…she first said that she was worried that the BY wagon was scum-driven and declares Syr the shiftiest on the wagon..but as soon as votes get put onto him she immdeiately tries to defend him..and poorly, might I add…her #99 says she thought he was town for his over-reaction in another game, yet she was tricked and got mad. So why would his over-reaction in this game make him seem town to her now? I also found it funny that she said that only Mollie’s vote and reasoning on Syr was legit (even though she didn’t agree with it ) and tried to dismiss my vote as a generic sheep.
Also, what I found very shady was the way she tried to subtly deflect Syr’s wagon and fuel a counter on Pala based off of Mollie’s comment, coupled with trying to justify it by associating GM into it…and all of that without committing a vote to it herself.

Syr is still scummy….and with him being the top wagon, and deadline approaching, I can see him make the move to distance himself and bus hard on Ms M to throw suspicion away from her when he flips scum. This makes sense, especially if he is worried about MS M getting tied to him because of her awkward defense of him. On this page alone, the back and forth between Ms M and Syr seems forced..

Ms M’s main reasoning for town-Syr is that the pressure on him was misplaced and she can’t find a suitable partner for him…but that’s probably because it is her…

I still think we should lynch Syr today...and if he does flip scum, then i think Ms M would deserve some extra attention...
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 158, sword_of_omens wrote:yeh..actually after re-reading...

Ms M flip flop on Syr is noted…she first said that she was worried that the BY wagon was scum-driven and declares Syr the shiftiest on the wagon..but as soon as votes get put onto him she immdeiately tries to defend him..and poorly, might I add…her #99 says she thought he was town for his over-reaction in another game, yet she was tricked and got mad. So why would his over-reaction in this game make him seem town to her now? I also found it funny that she said that only Mollie’s vote and reasoning on Syr was legit (even though she didn’t agree with it ) and tried to dismiss my vote as a generic sheep.
Also, what I found very shady was the way she tried to subtly deflect Syr’s wagon and fuel a counter on Pala based off of Mollie’s comment, coupled with trying to justify it by associating GM into it…and all of that without committing a vote to it herself.

Syr is still scummy….and with him being the top wagon, and deadline approaching, I can see him make the move to distance himself and bus hard on Ms M to throw suspicion away from her when he flips scum. This makes sense, especially if he is worried about MS M getting tied to him because of her awkward defense of him. On this page alone, the back and forth between Ms M and Syr seems forced..

Ms M’s main reasoning for town-Syr is that the pressure on him was misplaced and she can’t find a suitable partner for him…but that’s probably because it is her…

I still think we should lynch Syr today...and if he does flip scum, then i think Ms M would deserve some extra attention...

That's nice. If you had Marangal white knighting
your
ass for no apparent reason, wouldn't you get a bit friggin suspicious? Not to mention your whole point about Marangal and me being partners is a load of crock, since no sane scum would white knight his partner for the better part of the day. Marangal's trying to get towncred on my flip.

Your point about the dialogue between myself and Marangal being forced is subjective and quite frankly looks like you just threw it in there to help justify your MsM/Syr team.

Actually, on further reflection your post is a great argument for another scumteam: you and Marangal. You point out all the scummy things Marangal is doing (which have all been conveniently mentioned at earlier points in the thread by various people), propose that Marangal and I are the scumteam thanks to her scummy things, justify your vote remaining on me due to the approaching deadline and my supposed bussing of Marangal. You cap it all off by saying "hey, let's lynch Syr today and when he flips scum we can investigate Marangal!"

This gives you a bonafide reason
not
to investigate Marangal, because when I flip town you'll say "oh, looks like Ms M was right, oops, time to investigate someone else!", giving you an ironclad reason to slap a townread onto your partner. It
also
has the added benefit of making you look town if Marangal gets lynched for her WKing anyways, since you as scum do not have a reason to bus her at this point. No matter how it turns out, you come out smelling like a rose.

VOTE: sword_of_omens
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 159, Syryana wrote:
In post 158, sword_of_omens wrote:yeh..actually after re-reading...

That's nice. If you had Marangal white knighting
your
ass for no apparent reason, wouldn't you get a bit friggin suspicious? Not to mention your whole point about Marangal and me being partners is a load of crock, since no sane scum would white knight his partner for the better part of the day. Marangal's trying to get towncred on my flip.

Your point about the dialogue between myself and Marangal being forced is subjective and quite frankly looks like you just threw it in there to help justify your MsM/Syr team.

Actually, on further reflection your post is a great argument for another scumteam: you and Marangal. You point out all the scummy things Marangal is doing (which have all been conveniently mentioned at earlier points in the thread by various people), propose that Marangal and I are the scumteam thanks to her scummy things, justify your vote remaining on me due to the approaching deadline and my supposed bussing of Marangal. You cap it all off by saying "hey, let's lynch Syr today and when he flips scum we can investigate Marangal!"

This gives you a bonafide reason
not
to investigate Marangal, because when I flip town you'll say "oh, looks like Ms M was right, oops, time to investigate someone else!", giving you an ironclad reason to slap a townread onto your partner. It
also
has the added benefit of making you look town if Marangal gets lynched for her WKing anyways, since you as scum do not have a reason to bus her at this point. No matter how it turns out, you come out smelling like a rose.

VOTE: sword_of_omens

lol, that only works if I am actually scum, but I'm not.
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 160, Ms Marangal wrote:lol, that only works if I am actually scum, but I'm not.

You'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

I do find it interesting that you call my points out for not working since you're not scum, but disregard the fact that swords' case on you being my partner revolves around me being scum.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Yeah, I thought Syr was shifty, though my opinion on him has changed since then, can a person not change their opinion? Syr's reaction to my "White-knighting" screams town IMO so I don't know why you want to get him lynched. Pala hasn't responded to any of our suspicions on him, and I actually stated my suspicion on Pala twice. I'm waiting on him to say something before I place my vote because my vote doesn't change all to often

and what are you talking about? I never got tricked by Syr, the only other game I had with him I was Pretty damn certain that he was scum and pushed (or tried to) a case on him but got lynched anyway. he was town in that game, I never played with Syr scum so I don't have a clue to what you are talking about
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

no, that was in regards to both points Syr. neither of them work if I'm town
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Syryana »

You should replace whatever symbol is in the middle of your avatar with a blacked out version of Harvey Dent, Marangal.

Pedit: Well, you quoted my post, so I assumed you were talking about me. Was I mistaken?
Blue Yoshi
Blue Yoshi
Goon
Blue Yoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Blue Yoshi »

The exchanges between Ms M and Syr over the last few posts have been kind of odd, but what I find as the most implausible is Syr's Ms M vote.
Considering Syr knows his own alignment, someone else trying to defend him as town shouldn't be suspicious at least to him, yet he thinks so.
It also looks like he's even trying to pour his suspicion off of him and on to, well all sorts of people. Every one of his last few posts has been a vote on a different person.
It's not at all logical for town to think this way, but scum can use it as a distance ploy. Possibly even 3rd party?

VOTE: Syryana
L-1

Inb4 vote on me in next post
Hiatus: ~May 2014-April 17, 2016.
Computer obtained.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 157, Syryana wrote:
In post 156, JasonWazza wrote:

I very nearly spewed a drink all over the wall while reading this. Thanks, Sherlock.

You have to admit i have a pretty decent point. (also i'm not quite sure if that is a good reaction :shifty:)
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

you guys have no idea as to how to analyse interactions people have with each other do you? :/

Syry voting me because I'm defending him is a town motivated move, why? because I can be scum who is trying to get town cred from defending him so hard. Syry isn't scum guys, move on.
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 165, Blue Yoshi wrote:The exchanges between Ms M and Syr over the last few posts have been kind of odd, but what I find as the most implausible is Syr's Ms M vote.
Considering Syr knows his own alignment, someone else trying to defend him as town shouldn't be suspicious at least to him, yet he thinks so.
It also looks like he's even trying to pour his suspicion off of him and on to, well all sorts of people. Every one of his last few posts has been a vote on a different person.
It's not at all logical for town to think this way, but scum can use it as a distance ploy. Possibly even 3rd party?

Scum PoV, thanks brah.
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

Syr wrote:Not to mention your whole point about Marangal and me being partners is a load of crock, since no sane scum would white knight his partner for the better part of the day.

yeh...WIFOM at it's best...

Syr wrote:This gives you a bonafide reason not to investigate Marangal, because when I flip town you'll say "oh, looks like Ms M was right, oops, time to investigate someone else!", giving you an ironclad reason to slap a townread onto your partner. It also has the added benefit of making you look town if Marangal gets lynched for her WKing anyways, since you as scum do not have a reason to bus her at this point. No matter how it turns out, you come out smelling like a rose.

if you "somehow" flip town, it doesn't clear her in the slightest, and i didn't say it would..so i don't see what kind of "bonafide" reason i would have to call her obvtown... but oops if i pull a bus now and get her lynched tomorrow i've fooled everyone?
lol..wow..damed if i do...damned if i don't...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

Ms M wrote:and what are you talking about? I never got tricked by Syr, the only other game I had with him I was Pretty damn certain that he was scum and pushed (or tried to) a case on him but got lynched anyway. he was town in that game, I never played with Syr scum so I don't have a clue to what you are talking about

so then what did this mean:
In post 99, Ms Marangal wrote:Syr over-reacts a shit load as town. he over-reacted in a noobie game
and I thought he was town, that noobie game is why I hate him so much
. I'm saying this with <3 Syr
- Sword of Omens -
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

the "I thought" isn't supposed to be there...

He was town that game and I thought he was scum. that's the reason why I hate Syr so much
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 148, Syryana wrote:
In post 147, pirate mollie wrote:every time I have been in a game where the wagon stalled this early in a micro it was the bw was on scum and they could not get (or too chickenshit) to get a competing one going.

let's lynch syrana guys

I fail to see how 7/9 people being afk is indicative of my alignment.

VOTE: pirate mollie

This is interesting as all fucking get-out.

In post 165, Blue Yoshi wrote:Considering Syr knows his own alignment, someone else trying to defend him as town shouldn't be suspicious at least to him, yet he thinks so.

Well, white-knighting is something that scum sometimes do...

Every one of his last few posts has been a vote on a different person.
Inb4 vote on me in next post

This is a good point, and a good lead-in to what I was going to say: meta. He is playing his Scum meta here to a T.

zoo's post concerning a Syr/Ms M team would not surprise me even a little bit if it were 100% true. I could also see a Syr/zoo team for that matter, but one thing is for sure - if Syr flips Town I will be VERY surprised.

Vote: Syr
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Syryana »

Congratulations, you've just killed the Sherlock Holmes Prodigy. I'm town, you sorry bastards!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:01 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Tis a lynch

EDIT: Woops my bad

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”