Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:37 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

flay stop making me doubt myself its annoying

can we do yolo instead of rbd though? im basically sure hes scum, and i dont think im sold on rbd
Are you ready for this?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Elyse »

No. RBD or nothing.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Elyse »

VOTE: Rainbowdash
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 676, Human Destroyer wrote:flay stop making me doubt myself its annoying

can we do yolo instead of rbd though? im basically sure hes scum, and i dont think im sold on rbd

See, I'm exactly the opposite. I'm sold on RBD but yolo could be just a flake (which would leave me arguing with youscum?) Got anything besides PoE to argue for yoloscum?

I want to give them each a chance to respond one more time before I vote. RBD's total lack of response to my case is
weird
Retired as of October 2014.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:52 am

In post 679, Mr. Flay wrote:Got anything besides PoE to argue for yoloscum?

keeping his options open to vote anyone (except conf town Elyse and himself) in probable lylo

his posts today have been a whole lot of nothing masked behind a large amount of words

It's like if I wrote a paragraph saying "cumquat" repeatedly, it would mean basically the same thing YOLO's posts mean.
Are you ready for this?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:30 am

Post by 10506670 »

Deadline: 4/28/2013, 10:00pm PST

Votecount 4.2.0
YOLO
(1): Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
(1): Elyse
Not voting (3): YOLO, Human Destroyer, Mr. Flay

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch.

YOLO
YOLO
Goon
YOLO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:52 am

Post by YOLO »

Flay, your posts are a classic example of information instead of analysis. You're describing the game with fancy stuff like italics and colours, but you provide no actual reasoning as to why the actions you describe should be considered scummy. 'WTF' doesn't cut it. In your next post, I'd like you to describe your thought processes instead of big walls of no analysis.
That being said, I definitely like your content better than RBD's WIFOM and HD's non-content. At this point I'm pretty sure RBD/HD are our remaining scum.

In post 671, Rainbowdash wrote:
Vote YOLO

Well, this makes things very easy. Given that HD and Flay were online at around the same time (as can be seen in above two posts) and I haven't been quicklynched, this makes you scum by default (assuming two scum left).

Vote: Rainbowdash
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by Elyse »

Hammer RBD, Flay.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:26 pm

In post 683, Elyse wrote:Hammer RBD, Flay.

Curious; why don't you want me to hammer?

I'm going back on what I said earlier and going with an RBD/YOLO scum team.
Are you ready for this?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Quoi? I said I want to hear from him.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 684, Human Destroyer wrote:

Curious; why don't you want me to hammer?

I'm going back on what I said earlier and going with an RBD/YOLO scum team.

Alright, go ahead.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 pm

VOTE: RBD
Are you ready for this?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

So guess who was town and apparently 100% right about setup only having two scum?

*this pony*

Its YOLO. Almost for sure.

Prob not Flay because I was only voting him because he had to be scum if two scum.

BY kill was bad, ment scum is detached and/or weak. HD fits first part, YOLO second part. Its far more likely YOLO, not for sure but far more likely. Plus really... still.. im not bad enough scum to kill somepony who has essentially claimed VT the first night. Im good scum not because im some awesome manipulator but because im an awesome optimizer, BY kill only would have been better than a couple.

So something like 70% YOLO 30% HD. With two scum its not Flay.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sorry, was on my phone earlier.

If you flip town then yes, YOLO tomorrow. If you flip scum, YOLO tomorrow, actually. HD not instahammering lowered his chances of being scum considerably in my eyes.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Deadline: 4/28/2013, 10:00pm PST

Votecount 4.2.0
Rainbowdash
LYNCH
(3): Elyse, YOLO, Human Destroyer
YOLO
(1): Rainbowdash
Not voting (1): Mr. Flay

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch.

The suspense builds... the game is not over yet but I will disclose the following information (to be followed up tonight):
- Well done to town
- Tonight's post will be lengthier than usual
- The game is, I repeat, not over yet, so no discussion
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Unlike previous days, today's flavor will only be related from the perspective of one person. By the end of the story, it should be clear who this person is.

"It's time."

She struggles against her bonds, a desperate plea escaping from behind the gag. She claims that she isn't mafia - but after four days of deception who is to believe her now?

He aligns the shotgun with her forehead.

"Any last words, princess?"

The roar is deafening. Suddenly you have a feeling... a feeling you may have been wrong. Her eyes meet yours, the innocence, the injustice, crying to be heard. A single tear escapes before her eyes close at last, never to see the world again.

Were you wrong? That is the thought that plagues you as you lay down for another night.

Then you hear it - a small clicking sound. Feigning sleep, you gradually turn your head toward the source of the sound. You open your eyes an unnoticeable sliver and see a sight that almost makes your blood freeze.

It is unmistakable. A Beretta 501, a guaranteed one shot kill. She holds it as if she is ready to load in a final bullet - perhaps one intended for you. Taking a quick glance to make sure everyone else is sleeping, she then moves over to her bag, hiding the rifle momentarily behind her figure. Wondering what you should do, a cold sweat breaks on your back and you begin to itch uncontrollably.

But wait, what the hell is she doing? As she turns around, the rifle is gone.
It must have gone into her bag,
you reason. Perhaps it wasn't meant to kill me?

Relaxing, you casually move your arm up to get that itch. She seems at once alert, and you pause your hand midway. A look of genuine shock suddenly creeps into her face as she stares at some unseen threat behind you, a look so incredibly real that you open your eyes and whirl around.

The last thing you see is the blade of a hatchet sweeping in an arc through the air... straight into your neck.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by 10506670 »

The police returned from the noodle factory to find two people left in the cell. The policewoman was confused - after all, she could have sworn she had brought twelve in to begin with.

Troubled, the police searched the rest of the cell meticulously, but no trace of the other ten was found.

The remaining two suspects were interrogated, and circumstantial evidence proved sufficient to convict them of the murder at Hell's Bottom. One of them was sentenced for life, while the other one received 20 years.

The news report was fairly short and to the point. There was no mention of the other ten suspects, and for years afterwards the case at Hell's Bottom was forgotten.

There was only one loose end to be tied up. That was the third murderer rumored to be involved in the initial killing. The countryside stood sentinel for ten long years, but the last killer never surfaced ever again. It was reasoned that he must have been killed in some accident sometime or another or gone into permanent hiding.

14 years after the case was first brought up, a constable at the Hell's County Jail made a startling discovery. While renovating the cracked floor of one of the cells, the constable found that one of the massive concrete slabs that made up the floor was surprisingly loose. With the help of some other policemen, the slab was eventually lifted.

At first they thought it might have been an Indian burial site, but it quickly became obvious the bodies had been placed after and not before the jail had been built. Investigators compiled the following list of peculiarities:

Pistol and ammunition found by body 5
Beretta 501 sniper rifle in arms of body 2
Haverton Detective Agency badge near chest area of body 4

It was eventually concluded that body 4 was a well known detective who had been reported missing 14 years ago named qwints; body 2 was a retired military veteran who lived alone in the countryside known as Elyse.

It took weeks to identify body 5, but eventually one of the investigators, noticing both Elyse and qwints had been reported missing 14 years ago, found out about the murder at Hell's Bottom. The description of body 5 and the description of the pistol exactly matched those of the long sought after third suspect in the murder.

Interested in the specifics of these additional deaths, the investigators later asked the two remaining murderers to relate what had happened during those 4 days. The account which we have today has been pieced together from conversations with Mr. Flay and YOLO.

Rainbowdash, Vanilla Townie, has been killed Day 4

Elyse, One-shot day vigilante, has been endgamed Day 4

Human Destroyer, Vanilla Townie, has been endgamed Day 4

Mr. Flay, Mafia Goon, has won Day 4

YOLO, Mafia Framer, has won Day 4
Last edited by 10506670 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by 10506670 »

So it's over. Hope you guys enjoyed it while it lasted...

Now first off I'd like to apologize for making some moderator mistakes throughout the game. If you didn't know, this is the very first game that I have modded, so I pretty much knew I was going to make at least some errors.

Now about the game itself, many of you will probably debate how balanced the setup is (cough Rainbowdash), and I'm open to comments like about balance. The review mods were "happy to approve this", but I'd like to hear your feedback as well.

Specifically:

1. How was the game experience in general?

2. What can I, as a moderator, improve on?

3. How balanced was the game? How could the setup be made better?

Thanks,

~Herb (my real name)
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Over the next couple of days I will be revealing exactly what happened each and every day, and I'll explain how all the roles work.

For today, I need to get some sleep. Over and out.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Thats balanced?

Yeah right. It was balanced moving a goon to VT. I mean really... no way that was balanced.

KBW for +- scum MVP?

Mod stuff was fine, but as a MN reviewer myself there is no way I would have cleared this one. Make it Goon-Framer and its still about even here (slight town lean), even tri-goon works but the addition of a Framer creates massive counter swing to scum. Basically framer target gets hit by cop and scum auto-wins it with this lineup so about 5-10% of iterations become crushing scum victory.

Framers are bad roles in general though in normals since it can create situations where players are more or less being lied to which is why they are constantly under discussion of being banned from normals. Didnt come into play but im still not sure how this is balanced. If three scum were mandatory goon-goon-traitor was very balanced here.

Elyse didnt play endgame right though. You dont put all your cards down as confirmed town or ever vote first as confirmed town in lylo. When the entire case was "I voted first" when it was based entirely on what must be true, its annoying because im being voted for correct play. Force the solutions to be one of two and then its just easier to aruge things. She just rushed the situation without actually trying to provide reasoning, or listening to me saying I had little to no time until right about now.

No issues with modding - although its a MASSIVE pet peeve of mine in normals/opens to not put up flips when thread is locked, you arent here to write flavor, you are here to mod. It just bugs me, I read 0% of any of the flavor and just want to see a flip on time instead of having to wait for one. In a bit of a minorty there but its just a courtisy thing to the players in non-flavored games, should take you about a minute to get a flip together. If you want flavor and are pressed for time do it later.
You don't earn
loyalty
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Basically for a Day Vig you need to make the assumption that they do the most pro-town thing and shoot day one. If you want to add that they are guarenteed to not hit the cop D1, you are looking at one of the following setups:

8:3 with one confirmed town (MASSIVE scum sided, town will probably lose this without a D3 with the cop and both results alive)
9:2 with one confirmed town (slightly town sided given the vig presence, 9:2 with only cop is a fairly dead heat)

Problem is the 8:3 will be what happens 70% of the time. Given that 70% of the runs should be about 2/3 scum win, this is not balanced. At all, and thats assuming all scum are goons. Add in the framer and you are taking about 15% of hitting scum D1 with vig to critical town loss due to cop targeting framed player. If you are going to say they shoot without a claim, you are increaseing the large scum sided scenario to 73% with a 9% essentially scum auto-win.

Its simply not balanced. I would be floored if scum won less than 60% of this in a long run and would probably put my money on closer to 2/3 or even slightly higher. Town needs a cop D3 with two results or they are dead to rights.

Didnt help having KBW as town though.
You don't earn
loyalty
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I will admit now that the setup is fairly imbalanced. My original setup had an additional town role (first a doctor, then a jailkeeper) but during the review this was scrapped for additional townies (the setup was originally for 11-p).

Does locking the thread after I post the flavor solve your problem, Rainbow?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Jesus you gave them a Framer?

I think that's way too small a game for such a swingy role, but that's just my opinion.

YOLO was so obvscum we should've lynched him :l
Are you ready for this?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:57 am

Post by qwints »

Lol @ RBD having all 3 remaining townies in Lylo thinking she was scum. Also, did Flay really pass up an opportunity to hammer and win?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”