/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by Tierce »

Shadoweh is not even reading again.

Zach was confirmed Town. Yes.
I did mention this.
That doesn't really explain the kill, because there are other players who are obviously Town who appeared to be more on the ball, especially with the Nacho lynch. There's probably something else there and your continued failure at actually reading posts is still making me very uncomfortable. Second justification is crap, because they could have killed me and then have Empire and Tammy fight each other. There wasn't really a lack of appetizing targets. Zach's death out of the set is an odd choice, because there were essentially four really obvious Town targets, and they went for the "safe" one.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Empire »

Quick post before bed time.

In post 1704, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:benmage giving himself a pat on the back for his scumhunting while doing almost zilch to get 'marble lynched.

How is that reflective of his alignment rather than Ben just being Ben? He seems like he has a large enough ego to do this as either alignment.

In post 1720, Tierce wrote:Can we talk about Zach's death for a moment? Yes, he was absolutely clear once Nacho flipped Goon, but... why Zach? Simply a random choice among obvTown? Are the last scum more afraid of him than of Empire, Tammy or I? What happened there? This game seems to have more obvTown than the scum know what to do with, but they jumped from PR hunting to eliminating someone who was a guaranteed vanilla and who generally opposed the Nacho lynch until the hammer. Why Zach and not one of the three of us?

Am I weird then in thinking the only weird kill so far is the Johhog one (who, by the way, at least one member of the scum team had to have picked up on his crumb and I don't think Nacho did)? If Vi had been killed that night without having claimed, then sure that would be strange, but it's not like they were hunting for PRs at that point.

I was going to say something else but it would spark a line of inquiry I really really don't want to go down right now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 4, Votecount 5

Cogito Ergo Sum (4) - Empire, Llamarble, OhGodMyLife, Benmage

Shadoweh (2) - Tierce, Tammy
OhGodMyLife (1) - Shadoweh

Not voting (2):
Cogito Ergo Sum, Deasvail

• With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 23rd of April at 3:59am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-04-22 22:59:59)
  • NO ONE is V/la

are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

-_- I did so read what you said. Besides, why would they kill you when you want to lynch me before CES? I wouldn't be surprised if you were killed once he flips if he's scum though. You're the one who isn't reading if you summed up an entire paragraph where I talk about how NACHO IS DEAD SO THERE'S NO REASON TO KEEP SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO LYNCH THE LAST SCUM ALIVE with him being confirmed town as a side plus as just about him being confirmed town. You didn't read past the first sentence because you thought I ignored you, admit it.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I don't think Vi being shot is ever strange. It is weird that the last scum feel confident enough to not aim for the strong players unless they have a power role on their heads.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by Tammy »

It would take a really lazy and shortsighted reader to think "oh we'll leave empire and Tammy alive so they can fight." it should be obvious that the bickering was over, as I was looking to him for feedback and we were working ogether and joking by the end of the day.

I thought zach was the obvious kill last night.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by Tierce »

Something else before I forget: Unfortunately I think that Nacho's defense of N is scum-on-Town.

Empire, I'm a bit confused. No, they were not hunting for PRs with Vi, but we know that the scumteam knew Vi was essentially an innocent-cop, because Vi's role clears VTs, and probably didn't want another clear in their hands. That said, the Vi + Zach kills together make sense, because it's reducing an ever-increasing pile of obv/confTown. Johhog's death is not that unexpected if they were the ones shooting him--there was a softclaimed PR, and if they picked up on it, etc.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by Tammy »

Shadoweh why do you keep saying the last scum alive? Do you think there's only one left?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Tierce »

She;s using a plural in "the last scum alive feel", Tammy. I use "scum" as plural as well.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh okay...I should just go to sleep.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 1731, Tierce wrote:Empire, I'm a bit confused. No, they were not hunting for PRs with Vi, but we know that the scumteam knew Vi was essentially an innocent-cop, because Vi's role clears VTs, and probably didn't want another clear in their hands. That said, the Vi + Zach kills together make sense, because it's reducing an ever-increasing pile of obv/confTown. Johhog's death is not that unexpected if they were the ones shooting him--there was a softclaimed PR, and if they picked up on it, etc.

I'm exhausted so I think my post didn't come out as I expected it to. Basically what I'm saying is the Vi + Zach kills both seem really conservative to me (I agree with Tammy that Zach was the obvious kill choice -- he was both clear and a competent player and I would have been weirded out by any other kill choice) and any scum team configuration would have done it. The Johhog kill is a lot more particular; it stands out for me because he drew a lot of suspicion and was being pushed by a lot of people despite his softclaim (and it's really the only kill that qualifies as PR hunting). Most of the people alive didn't pick up on it and there's something that really makes me think Nacho didn't.

If I still don't make sense, let me know so I can go force myself to bed like I should right now.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Tammy »

Shadoweh why are you voting OGML?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Tierce »

No, that makes sense.

But you should really try out this sleep thing. And Tammy as well.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh yeah the johhog kill question reminds me. I think ces was selective scumhunting in the way he treated vi's suspicion of johhog and nacho's. I'm pretty sure I brought that up already and he refuted it but I want to go back and look at it. Mostly a reminder to myself.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Because he's the other likely scum. Do you want me to vote CES? I mean I could right now, I'm sure no one would be upset..
Tammy do you really think Empire has 0% chance to do something to set you off again? If neither of you is scum I agree that it's shortsighted, but it's still possible.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Also I slept for about 16 hours yesterday. 16 hours! I am feeling chipper as a mouse in the spring!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Well I agree with =====[]
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Nacho + Shadoweh:

Very strong townread of Nacho in maybe means less likely buddies considering it's before there's an actual wagon so she doesn't really
need
to have a strong stance as a buddy at that point.

This is just Shadow (and not really related to Nacho but maybe a little I guess), but in she mentions that she was avoiding the thread after Nacho's flip (which is a feeling I can really relate to) and this also comes after she was attacked for the 'woe is me' stance, and I think it would be really awkward for a scumbuddy to do that after being attacked for it.

Also, I don't really get the current Shadoweh hate, but I probably need to read what people were saying again.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, I don't know how the pink happened.

D:

Maybe it's a sign!
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Pink is my least favorite color ;-; WHY
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'M SORRY

I don't like pink either. :(
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:43 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, so I'm not voting for Shadoweh. She's cool.

It's really between OGML and CES for me. Everyone else is more town.

I agree with Tammy's point about CES attacking Vi and not Nacho and his response in is pretty underwhelming. I also think him suddenly being lost is weird considering he seemed fine yesterday and Nacho was a scumread, but after thinking about it things like Nacho answering for him I don't think scum would do for a buddy. It's like screaming 'Hey! I'm protecting this person!' when it's not actually doing any protecting at all.

OGML on the other hand is just more ehhhh with a hint of town. I feel like I've said this before, but his interactions with Nacho point towards town (well everyone's do according to me so it doesn't mean much), while being more possible than CES', but on his own he (well N) is more town than CES.

Ugh, I so need to work out how to do scum interactions properly, but I'll just go CES unless something happens. If people that actually care about when a hammer happens want a hammer then say so.

Also, unrelated, but now that I'm sort of TET-level town, can we be DETT? (Or something similar, I'm pretty flexible) That would be super cool, and I know we could do with more vowels, but the only other option is OGML and yeah....no.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1746, DeasVail wrote:Ok, so I'm not voting for Shadoweh. She's cool.

It's really between OGML and CES for me. Everyone else is more town.

I agree with Tammy's point about CES attacking Vi and not Nacho and his response in is pretty underwhelming. I also think him suddenly being lost is weird considering he seemed fine yesterday and Nacho was a scumread, but after thinking about it things like Nacho answering for him I don't think scum would do for a buddy. It's like screaming 'Hey! I'm protecting this person!' when it's not actually doing any protecting at all.

OGML on the other hand is just more ehhhh with a hint of town. I feel like I've said this before, but his interactions with Nacho point towards town (well everyone's do according to me so it doesn't mean much), while being more possible than CES', but on his own he (well N) is more town than CES.

Ugh, I so need to work out how to do scum interactions properly, but I'll just go CES unless something happens. If people that actually care about when a hammer happens want a hammer then say so.

Also, unrelated, but now that I'm sort of TET-level town, can we be DETT? (Or something similar, I'm pretty flexible) That would be super cool, and I know we could do with more vowels, but the only other option is OGML and yeah....no.
Alright, time for questions and comments then.

Why do you need to reread
me
if you are talking about "TET-level Town"? You seem to have discarded the reading you said you were going to do. Why? What changed?

CES being rather lost is perfectly understandable considering he just spent a week away from the game altogether. How is this a surprising thing? Don't you need to recheck things when you go V/LA as well?

And this pushing for a hammer makes me uncomfortable, when I've made it clear I don't want a hammer and the only ones voicing support of it are already in the wagon. We have a week, and this is the Day that people are pushing for things way before deadline? What's with the itchy fingers?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:58 am

Post by DeasVail »

I did reread you and decided you were very likely town.

Hmm ok. I thought it was weird considering he's usually so confident-sounding, whereas I'm completely not.

I didn't mean that I particularly wanted to hammer now. I realise the 'people that actually care' part could be taken that way, but that was more a comment about the people who didn't care about when a hammer happened. I meant that if people are ready for the day to end, they should say so.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:02 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1748, DeasVail wrote:I did reread you and decided you were very likely town.
Why?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”