NY 162: A Week at the Theatres (Game Over)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1772, roflcopter wrote:you're right i didn't read it. i'm pretty sure no one else did either. so we all just had to scroll past it looking to see if you said anything about it, which you didn't. ie clutter and a waste of our precious time.

and how exactly is it helping catch scum if neither you nor anyone else has actually tried to draw any conclusions from it?
So you didn't read it and nobody read it and you want to know how it's helpful and why nobody drew conclusions from something they didn't read?

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Read it.

Read my conclusions here:
In post 1761, PeregrineV wrote:1. town-rofl is more involved in a game than this game's rofl
2. rofl is complaining about me trying to catch the last scum
3. rofl received many town reads from scum, and currently "town confirmed by gunsmiths" players can't seem to adequately verbalize why rolf is so town
4. rofl has no conclusions
So you have confirmed 2 and 4 for me. Thank you.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1774, KingdomAces wrote:I've already said that I don't have the energy to entirely devote myself to this game. If you would prefer it if I were to replace out and force someone else to read 71 pages ans still manage to contribute more than I can, then just say so.

My stance right now just reading is that both of you two are looking like town. I am getting more suspicious of Oversoul, but for some reason I'm reading him as leaning town as well. I'm continually feeling worse about Jacob, so that's what I'm looking at right this moment, though I could go for someone else if a convincing argument is made for them. If you already made one and I forgot, just remind me and I'll find it myself.
Read this:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4908143
Draw 4 conclusions.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1774, KingdomAces wrote:I've already said that I don't have the energy to entirely devote myself to this game. If you would prefer it if I were to replace out and force someone else to read 71 pages ans still manage to contribute more than I can, then just say so.

My stance right now just reading is that both of you two are looking like town. I am getting more suspicious of Oversoul, but for some reason I'm reading him as leaning town as well. I'm continually feeling worse about Jacob, so that's what I'm looking at right this moment, though I could go for someone else if a convincing argument is made for them. If you already made one and I forgot, just remind me and I'll find it myself.
Read this: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4908143
Draw 4 conclusions.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:44 am

Post by KingdomAces »

1. I get distracted far too easily, and as such am not going to be playing another game for quite a while after this finishes.

I will get to the rest later, but I'm pressed for time to put things into words right now. In general, quite a bit of that strengthens my town read of Rofl more than makes me think he's scum.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:02 am

Post by Smashbard »

In post 1761, PeregrineV wrote: 3. rofl received many town reads from scum, and currently "town confirmed by gunsmiths" players can't seem to adequately verbalize why rolf is so town
Uhm, to be clear, I have been an advocate for a Rofl lynch for the past several day phases. Especially after the chumminess between himself and Peta trying to direct the town into a mislynch of Zoneace together.

It's everyone else who keeps saying that Rofl is somehow indisputably town, so I have conceded my pressure on him for the sake of trying to get all of us to agree on a viable lynch.

In post 1768, roflcopter wrote:what this thread really needs is more direction from the conftowns
Your only hope of that happening is if it comes from Bacde. Because KingdomAces doesn't have the ability to direct the town and all of my ideas have been horrible and I haven't actually been on a successful Scum Wagon since the start of the game. So we have exactly zero credibility to lead anyone to a lynch.

To be fair, your point about Zepher trying to get Jacob lynched over his lurkiness definitely gives Savage a lot of town points. I didn't see Zepher as a player clever enough to think so far ahead that bussing Jacob would be a move that would make Jacob seem town later down the line, so the chances of Savage being town are greater than his chances of being scum.

However, your point again as to Peta mentioning that HD was looking miles better than Go in their interactions seems weird to me if Oversoul would end up as scum. Because why would Peta side with one scum over the other so early in the game if he had no reason to at that point? So maybe I am wrong about Oversoul.

But if I concede that, then the only possible scum left are between Peregrine, Bacde and yourself. Being that I currently believe Bacde to be town, this whole last minute spat between yourself and Peregrine has got to be scum vs. scum spreading some last minute confusion for the town.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Smashbard »

I really wish Zoneace didn't waste one of his investigations against KingdomAces and just would of accepted me at face value after investigating myself. We really could use some help here in clearing Jacob, Oversoul, Peregrine or Rofl.

Bacde, any chance of you coming out and admitting that you are the Godfather and making things easy for us? It'll help remove any doubt as to the validity of the Gunsmith. :D
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Bacde »

I ADMIT NOTHING
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Bacde »

Seriously though, PeregrineV you got really comfortable and complacent after everyone started thinking you were town, yet posted IMMEDIATELY after I voted you, whats up with that?

Rofl found good reason for thinking OS is town, IIRC that petapan post is why I thought OS was town myself (I posted a reads list yesterday w/ colors and everything)

Honestly, the way peta campaigned to buddy rofl just really makes me think rofl is town. If peta did all that to buddy his own scumbuddy then I'm truly impressed, because that's a crazy weird play. IMO rofl is town

I can see Jacob as scum if Pere isn't, he did do a couple of awkward things (such as having ALL of the scum as either "definitely town" or "definitely scum" on his list). Also I don't understand how he can't just IMMEDIATELY tell which players are stronger and which players are weaker (but then again he MIGHT be telling the truth about that since he seems to prefer to not read into the thread anyway)
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1768, roflcopter wrote:what this thread really needs is more direction from the conftowns
I completely agree with you here

I wanted to see how the 4 of you interacted but I think its time to start grabbing this thread by the balls

Smash, can you see any reason to NOT lynch peregrine right now?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1779, Smashbard wrote:
In post 1761, PeregrineV wrote: 3. rofl received many town reads from scum, and currently "town confirmed by gunsmiths" players can't seem to adequately verbalize why rolf is so town
Uhm, to be clear, I have been an advocate for a Rofl lynch for the past several day phases. Especially after the chumminess between himself and Peta trying to direct the town into a mislynch of Zoneace together.

It's everyone else who keeps saying that Rofl is somehow indisputably town, so I have conceded my pressure on him for the sake of trying to get all of us to agree on a viable lynch.

Your only hope of that happening is if it comes from Bacde. Because KingdomAces doesn't have the ability to direct the town and all of my ideas have been horrible and I haven't actually been on a successful Scum Wagon since the start of the game. So we have exactly zero credibility to lead anyone to a lynch.

To be fair, your point about Zepher trying to get Jacob lynched over his lurkiness definitely gives Savage a lot of town points. I didn't see Zepher as a player clever enough to think so far ahead that bussing Jacob would be a move that would make Jacob seem town later down the line, so the chances of Savage being town are greater than his chances of being scum.

However, your point again as to Peta mentioning that HD was looking miles better than Go in their interactions seems weird to me if Oversoul would end up as scum. Because why would Peta side with one scum over the other so early in the game if he had no reason to at that point? So maybe I am wrong about Oversoul.

But if I concede that, then the only possible scum left are between Peregrine, Bacde and yourself. Being that I currently believe Bacde to be town, this whole last minute spat between yourself and Peregrine has got to be scum vs. scum spreading some last minute confusion for the town.
smashbard I know you are sorta upset about your reads this game but knowing that you are town has been indispensible for me to make not-shitty reads this game. TBH I've been about as wrong as you have this game

Except we were both right about 1 thing right at the beginning of the game--we are both town and we are going to win this game

Here is why I think rofl is town: it makes more sense for peta to buddy up to a townie than to buddy up to another member of the mafia. It is harder to detect, it allows him to manipulate town's opinions better, and we are worse at tracking who the mafia is after peta's flip

The motivations make more sense for peta to behave the way he did if rofl was town

AS MUCH as it would be satisfying to lynch rofl just because of his association with peta, I think peta was purposely coercing what he perceived to be a townie who was on the ball (since he kept saying "get zepher, lynch HD if zepher flips scum")
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Bacde »

Smash your opinions are actually helpful to me

if I can't convince you that rofl is town, then I want us to keep looking at rofl until we come to a conclusion

A lot of your opinions that I thought were retarded at the time (such as if greygnarl flips town, then ZONEACE is confirmed town) actually ended up being VERY correct

I feel like together we make a really good townie so lets figure this out
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Bacde »

Seriously though PeregrineV your beetlejuice looks really bad

I was totally willing to move my vote away but you HAD to post something right after I voted you
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:33 am

Post by Smashbard »

Because I see almost zero interactions between Peregrine and HD, Peta & Zepher. Mr. Zepher quite literally never mentioned Peregrine or responded to one of his posts. HD only replied to him in a really weak interaction that amounts to speculation, and Peta only mentioned him in a list of Unconfirmed players that he was comfortable lynching.

While interactions between Peta, HD & Zepher are super rampant all game. It seems awkward to me that Peregrine would be the last scum partner of them considering he's been all but ignored by the scum team the whole time.

So I'm still very unsure. I don't trust Rofl. It doesn't matter if he's helped lynched 2 scum or just bussed them, he's been oozing scumvibes to me all game.

But I will lynch Peregrine if that's what it comes to. Just to stop all of this uncertainty.

Unvote. Vote: Peregrine
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Smashbard »

After this, if Peregrine flips town, I'm sticking my vote on Rofl and not moving.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1782, Bacde wrote:Seriously though, PeregrineV you got really comfortable and complacent after everyone started thinking you were town, yet posted IMMEDIATELY after I voted you, whats up with that?
It's almost like I didn't post all weekend, until today.
If "everyone started thinking I'm town", why am I L-1?
In post 1782, Bacde wrote:Rofl found good reason for thinking OS is town, IIRC that petapan post is why I thought OS was town myself (I posted a reads list yesterday w/ colors and everything)
Rofl found a single post/sentence made by scum out of 1800 posts than made rofl say OS=town and you found the exact same post and came to the exact same conclusion?
It's a miracle!
In post 1782, Bacde wrote:Honestly, the way peta campaigned to buddy rofl just really makes me think rofl is town. If peta did all that to buddy his own scumbuddy then I'm truly impressed, because that's a crazy weird play. IMO rofl is town
Yeah, that shit never happens. Except Gorgon and I just did it.
In post 1782, Bacde wrote:I can see Jacob as scum if Pere isn't, he did do a couple of awkward things (such as having ALL of the scum as either "definitely town" or "definitely scum" on his list). Also I don't understand how he can't just IMMEDIATELY tell which players are stronger and which players are weaker (but then again he MIGHT be telling the truth about that since he seems to prefer to not read into the thread anyway)
:facepalm:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1785, Bacde wrote:Smash your opinions are actually helpful to me

if I can't convince you that rofl is town, then I want us to keep looking at rofl until we come to a conclusion

A lot of your opinions that I thought were retarded at the time (such as if greygnarl flips town, then ZONEACE is confirmed town) actually ended up being VERY correct

@Rofl- This is buddying.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1787, Smashbard wrote:Because I see almost zero interactions between Peregrine and HD, Peta & Zepher. Mr. Zepher quite literally never mentioned Peregrine or responded to one of his posts. HD only replied to him in a really weak interaction that amounts to speculation, and Peta only mentioned him in a list of Unconfirmed players that he was comfortable lynching.

While interactions between Peta, HD & Zepher are super rampant all game. It seems awkward to me that Peregrine would be the last scum partner of them considering he's been all but ignored by the scum team the whole time.

So I'm still very unsure. I don't trust Rofl. It doesn't matter if he's helped lynched 2 scum or just bussed them, he's been oozing scumvibes to me all game.

But I will lynch Peregrine if that's what it comes to. Just to stop all of this uncertainty.

Unvote. Vote: Peregrine
:sigh:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1788, Smashbard wrote:After this, if Peregrine flips town, I'm sticking my vote on Rofl and not moving.
I'm at L-1 and will flip town, so you should move your vote now.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Smashbard »

Are you just going to flail and accuse everyone who votes for you as scum out of the blue despite never once declaring these suspicions before this point?

Please, tell me how the two claimed Mason's are scum now too, since my vote is on you.

Unvote
. Until an official vote count is posted.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Bacde »

pedit- was going to unvote but now I wont

Smash I'm not trying to coerce you, and your point about the scumteam all interacting this game a lot is a good point imo
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1793, Smashbard wrote:Are you just going to flail and accuse everyone who votes for you as scum out of the blue despite never once declaring these suspicions before this point?

Please, tell me how the two claimed Mason's are scum now too, since my vote is on you.

Unvote
???

Not sure what you are talking about.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:14 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1790, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1785, Bacde wrote:Smash your opinions are actually helpful to me

@Rofl- This is buddying.
fyi the only possible way for me to be scum is if I'm a godfather or mafia doctor, and we've already had a scum PR flip

I mean its possible for there to be 2 scum PRs but considering town's power this game I don't think so
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:16 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1795, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1793, Smashbard wrote:Are you just going to flail and accuse everyone who votes for you as scum out of the blue despite never once declaring these suspicions before this point?

Unvote
???

well you accused me of buddying, which is silly since I've been buddying smashbard since d1

we even laughed at rofl when he accused us on d1 of buddying w/ each other and being scum together

there was no way for me to know he was a mason when I did so

we just both genuinely read each other as town
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Smashbard »

In post 1795, PeregrineV wrote:

Unvote
???

Based on your ISO, you NEVER mentioned any suspicion of Rofl until this very moment where he's started to call you out as the last scum.

You touched up on Oversoul being scum very briefly because 'He had scumreads on Zepher and HD", which looking back at that post doesn't make a lot of sense to me out of context. After that, any other mentions of Oversoul were pretty pro-town, until just recently. He's been one of your top scum suspects.

Bacde you've been on about for a few moments in the game, but never seriously seemed to consider him as a viable scum candidate, until just now starting to insinuate that he is buddying me, which is a weak way of accusing him of scumminess. Trying to redirect Rofls attention away from you and towards anybody else since you seem to be on the losing end of the logic battle with Rofl.

Hence, my accusations of you flailing.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am

Post by Smashbard »

I've had a strong gut town read on Bacde all game, because how he acts this game is the exact same way Town Bacde acted in the Mini Normal him and I participated in. That is why I am only willing to entertain a Godfather/Doctor speculation of Bacde if we are in Mylo or Lylo and no other options make sense.

Other than that a Gunsmith clearing of Bacde is good enough for me. Until Lylo, I won't be considering a set up of Bacde-Scum involvement.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”