NY 162: A Week at the Theatres (Game Over)

Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:46 am

Post by Smashbard »

I'm thinking it's Rofl/Oversoul at this point. But I can't be sure on Rofl until we lynch Oversoul.

Vote: Oversoul

On the other hand, I am not liking how Oversoul is just allowed to skate his way through this day phase. He hasn't said anything of merit, beyond some super vague "I can't say what I was about to say without breaking the rules". That doesn't fly with me and I don't want this day phase to end without Oversoul explaining himself.

I think I'm just gonna drop the possibility of Roflscum at this time unless we successfully lynch scum today and we STILL haven't won the game. Because then his stock at the last scum goes up tremendously, especially if we lynch Oversoulscum or Savagescum respectively. Since those are his "town reads".

Jacob hasn't done enough for me to warrant a lynch on him. For better or worse. If he's scum, his lurkerscum strategy has sadly worked to perfection because he doesn't have enough interactions to draw accurate conclusions.

So today, I would PREFER to lynch Oversoul. But I will lynch you if we have absolutely no choice.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:47 am

Post by Smashbard »

You as in, Peregrine. The post started as a reply to Peregrine and evolved into a reply to Bacde after the preview.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:51 am

Post by Bacde »

dude the dead QT is probably so upset right now they are like

"how the FUCK is it bacde + smashbard running the town right now"

esp. considering how retarded we were on d1 :P

I'll probably end up voting OS w/ you

since 2 scum left makes more sense than 1 scum left
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Bacde »

to be fair though, both of our players in night-power-role slots
forgot to use their actions

so I think we are carrying the torch well
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Smashbard »

The biggest irk for me is that with a Vanilla claim from Oversoul there is literally absolutely nothing he can say or do that would involve some sort of hidden knowledge that he could reveal that would be breaking the rules. The only way that makes sense is if he's scum, which is why he would of asked the Godfather related question that he did. He probably is the Godfather or knows that his scumteam has one, just to make sure.

...Bacde?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by Bacde »

I dunno what to tell ya

if the scum have a GF it ain't me

but I think they probably don't

if you think I could be scum w/ OS then it makes sense to lynch OS today
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Bacde ISO has a lot of interactions with the confirmed 3 scum thus far. But it's been in a very weird fashion as far as I can tell.

PetaPan: Switched pretty regularly from town read, to not town. Not a whole lot to go off of.

HD: Seemed to have a lot of focus on believing HD was town, and that Oversoul/Go was the scum of the two. Seemed pretty angry with the last minute switch vote to HD in order to avoid a No Lynch.

Mr. Zepher: Was pretty much on his case from the beginning. Hard to believe in such a hard buss from Bacde, but he did mention that smart scum would be more willing to buss their partner than Zephers buddying with HD. Could of almost seemed like coaching, but Bacde is self admittedly not a very experienced scum, how would he know what the ideal playstyle was for Zepher?

Oversoul (Not confirmed but I'm pretty sure he's scum at this point): Also another hard buss from Bacde. For the majority of the game Zepher/Oversoul were two of Bacdes strongest targets for a lynch.

I have to honestly say that I can't draw a definitive conclusion from this. Because proposed Bacdescum interactions are wildly inconsistent from HD, to Peta, to Zepher.

I think it's abundantly clear that we need to lynch Oversoul today. He knows something and isn't talking. So he's got to be scum. Hopefully the Godfather, but worst case scenario that leaves us with one scum left and a lot of Day Phases to figure it out.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by Bacde »

I just don't know

HD suggested to me to lynch OS back in the day when there was a wagon forming on someone else

was he really suggesting a bus lynch?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 1075, Human Destroyer wrote:I'm in agreement with Bacde in terms of Konowa's reads; it's unlikely they'll be useful if Konowa wasn't killed directly, and there's no way to tell for certain whether he was or wasn't.

Bacde, can I interest you in an

VOTE: Oversoul

wagon?
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Smashbard »

HD Vs. Go could of still been their MO to spread confusion, but I'm not sure. Even with HD suggesting that Bus, Oversouls ISO shows that he was quite resistant to an HD lynch. So I dunno what to think about that necessarily.

Oversoul was also a big proponent of insisting that himself and Rofl were town much later in the game, much in the same way Peta was insisting that himself and Rofl were town.

This doesn't necessarily condemn Rofl as scum to them both, but Oversoul does have a pattern of defending his scumbuddies while heavily advocating a Zoneace lynch until it was clear that Zoneace had Peta hook line and sinker.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Due to Oversouls interactions, I can probably draw the following conclusions.

If he flips scum:
Either Rofl or Bacde are his last scumpartner. Bacde due to Godfather speculation and Rofl due to connections with Peta & Oversoul.

If he flips town:
I can probably drop the possibility of Roflscum or Bacdescum entirely. Meaning that I would definitely pick back up on Peregrine or even JacobSavage, to try and follow up on Oversouls case against Jacob that we all pretty much ignored.

So for me anyway, an Oversoul lynch will definitively give me an answer as to which pool of suspects I should draw from. Bacde/Rofl or Jacob/Peregrine.

And anything that narrows my pool of suspects at this point is great.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by roflcopter »

look guys its not two scum left. the only practical way this game could have started with five scum is if there were a traitor, and even then 5/18 is absurdly scum sided.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by roflcopter »

and yes i realize that i'm playing right into smash's paranoid fascination with me. when i'm not phone posting i'll back up my assertion with references.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by Oversoul »

exams
last one tomorrow
expect something tomorrow night

Smash, re: the mattp question earlier, you'd think that but I do have information
i'll explain after the game when I am allowed
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by roflcopter »

recently completed new york games:

/in-vitational 12

16 players. 4 mafia (1 traitor)

ny 161

21 players, 5 mafia (1 traitor)

ny 160b

15 players, 3 mafia

ny 160

15 players, 3 mafia, 1 serial killer

ny 159

17 players, 4 mafia

ny 155

19 players, 5 mafia (1 traitor), 1 serial killer

from this i conclude our 18 player game contains 4 full scum, no traitor. stop overthinking it and trying to find a scumpair. there isn't one. if there is a fifth scum it almost has to be a traitor. there are endgame remarks by someone in ny 155 about the power of a 5 man scumteam and that game had one more player than this, and a serial killer to boot.

there is one scum left in this game. it's peregrine.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Smashbard »

In post 1838, Oversoul wrote:exams
last one tomorrow
expect something tomorrow night

Smash, re: the mattp question earlier, you'd think that but I do have information
i'll explain after the game when I am allowed
The only way you have information as a Vanilla Townie is if somebody PM'd you information, breaking the rules by talking about this game outside of the thread without permission. There is literally no other excuse without you being scum with hidden knowledge as to who the Godfather is.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Smashbard »

In post 1839, roflcopter wrote:recently completed new york games:

/in-vitational 12

ny 161

ny 160b

15 players, 3 mafia

ny 160

ny 159

17 players, 4 mafia

ny 155

from this i conclude our 18 player game contains 4 full scum, no traitor. stop overthinking it and trying to find a scumpair. there isn't one. if there is a fifth scum it almost has to be a traitor. there are endgame remarks by someone in ny 155 about the power of a 5 man scumteam and that game had one more player than this, and a serial killer to boot.

Where are the connections from Peregrine to PetaPan, Mr. Zepher & HumanDestroyer?

If you don't have an answer for that, I don't have faith that Peregrine will flip scum.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 3:51 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Now that the game is over...

Just finished a game as scum with HD, Lost Souls Mafia.

In it, he basically bussed me day1 and day2, while simultaneously attacking our third partner EmpKing. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

I have no trouble whatsoever thinking Human was bussing at any of his "arguments" with anyone.

Recent completed HD town game shows a lot less vote hopping.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 3:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1839, roflcopter wrote:recently completed new york games:

/in-vitational 12

ny 161

ny 160b

15 players, 3 mafia

ny 160

ny 159

17 players, 4 mafia

ny 155

This game is 18 players, exactly between ny155 and ny159. Why did you conclude 4 mafia (22%) instead of 5 mafia (28%) when the standard game is 25-33%.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 4:11 am

Post by JacobSavage »

I assume its becuase we don't have a serial killer.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 4:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Ok, last review of Jacob before I go back to paid work.

Zephyr . Also notes that Jacob is reading the thread and .

Human , and points out so not a good lynch candidate.

Peta reads , and sees .
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 4:51 am

Post by JacobSavage »

In post 1845, PeregrineV wrote:Ok, last review of Jacob before I go back to paid work.

Zephyr .
Also notes that Jacob is reading the thread and .

Human
, and points out
so not a good lynch candidate.

Peta reads
, and sees
A strongly worded rebuttal.

Pretty sure that was a blantent OMGUS, notice how he calls a and if anything you could say he was bussing Rolf by his to Rofl's #667. Also notice how his scum reads are basically
And... What this was brought up around that time. Where people came in relation to that wasn't related to
Yes, I was town reading him, of course he was going to buddy up to me. It gave him the chance to get some town points in bussing his partner.
I'm going to put this down to the fact that I was playing in a Hydra at the time so would probably know why I was on V/LA.
So what he defended both of his buddies in one post? Somehow I don't think so. Also for scum would be quite happy for a lurking townie as its an easy mislynch later, so him defending me isn't that unusal.
See 5.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 10:12 am

Post by roflcopter »

smashbard: go to page 38. read the stretch where peregrine votes for jacob. it was an attempted counterwagon to scum zepher. which i pointed out at the time. and its been since about that time that i've had peregrine on my scumdar, consistently.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by Smashbard »

From pages 38-40 one can see activity from both Peregrine and Oversoul trying to consider alternate lynch targets to Zepher, with HumanDestroyer actively bussing Zepher really hard despite my protests of wanting a Zoneace lynch.

I can't defer from those interactions that Peregrine is anymore guilty than Oversoul of scumminess.

But I don't see any support being garnered for my wagon on Oversoul. So I have a feeling I'm going to have to lynch Peregrine in order to get at least one lynch through today.

I'm going to wait on Oversouls next post. Because he said he was going to show more participation on his next go around. But I DO NOT trust his insinuation that he has hidden info that he can't share without breaking the rules. That just reeks of bullshit. The only reason I will be letting up on it is because everyone else wants Peregrine dead, and you can't ALL be scum.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Oversoul »

Exams end today... Something from me after them

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”