NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:26 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The real question is why and when did Syryana start with RBD.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:38 am

WAIT there's also this case against me, where I removed the spoiler tags because it's too huge a post in the reply box otherwise. I want to point out the parts where Syryana "explains" my relationship with some other players.

Original is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p4922941

DGB follows this with an unexplained list of reads and
bad reasoning on why MO is town
. Following this, lots of pressure on TUA, lalala.

[...]
Spoiler: "DGB causes Titan meltdown"

Like, damn.
She pulls a Titan scumread straight out of her ass
("paranoia scumtell"? someone enlighten me, never heard of it) and proceeds to goad Titan into a troll-induced free-fall through calling them scum and interpreting just about everything Titan (read Tammy) said as another scumtell. It took me a while to figure out what the hell the point of that was. What town motivation would DGB have for doing this? The initial scumread was flimsy and DGB's responses only served to fuel Titan's frenzy. Here's what I think happened. They've played together before (I think it was Titan that mentioned prior games with DGB) and I think
DGB deliberately goaded Titan to destroy their town cred
. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but
I'm pretty sure most folks had a townread on Titan up to that point? I know I did
. What's the biggest obstacle to a scum win in a nightless? Universal townreads. Therefore, DGB drew on her prior experience with Tammy to drive her to destroy herself through a combination of trolling and terrible logic. Tammy conveniently obliged.

[...]I replace in and am barely up to page 11 in reading the thread, and
here's DGB pushing her terrible read on Titan
with some blatant AtE. Yeah, she's town all right.

She claims she lost her townread on Bulba thanks to that post, even though she started attacking him well before. She also claims Jennifer is town because Jennifer told her (DGB) not to self-vote. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't DGB been attacking people for those sorts of associative tells all game?
I'm probably going to investigate Jennifer after this, as this isn't the first time DGB has town-read Jen for pretty vacuous reasoning.

More BulbvDGB, confbias on Bulb,
confbias reads RBD as town (RBD is town because Bulba is scum)
, reads HD as town(pretty horrendous reasoning on that one, #1794), attacks on me, flips out over MO, forgives MO, more confbiased reads, blah blah blah.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:39 am

In post 2407, Syryana wrote:Too many gaaaaaaaaames

FoS RBD

Gonna have a gander at satan cat too, #2405 interests me

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:50 am

This was the gamestate when Syryana switched to RBD FOS, then later, vote.

Nacho had just started to derail the stalling Syryana wagon. The derail is scummy as hell but I was starting to have doubts on the Syryana wagon until MasterMew showed up and appeared scummier.
In post 2366, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't really have time today, read up tomorrow. Please don't hammer while I'm gone.
In post 2368, Nachomamma8 wrote:Fuck.

Unvote, Vote: Rainbowdash

Dude, I skimmed the case and I just can't do it.
In post 2369, Nachomamma8 wrote:I couldn't help but read it, and it's just so... town.
So this concludes Nacho's attempt to derail the scumwagon. THEN LOOK. It's Rainbowdash that comes in and votes Syryana. It could still be bus'ing since Nacho's derailwagon hadn't yet gained traction, he was the only one on it.
In post 2386, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 2384, Nachomamma8 wrote:I really don't like the "it's time to take the reigns from scum" speech because that suggests that scum is manipulating things and appeal to fear when really, it's just leaders leading.
Its not scum "manipulating things" its scum who has built up enough power to just lead things. You and HD (assuming syryana town) are amazingly strong scumbets, DGB is quite an above average pick as well for scum.
I don't like the complete lack of a reaction on the DGB case, considering DGB was one of her main scumspects for a while. You'd think it'd strengthen the Syr townread, or she would join in and give more of her DGB scumreasons, or... something.
Im actually still really curious about Syr. He isn't as strong of a townread as Bulb was, and me being wrong about it would make me have to change a few reads. Its like the TUA-DGB wagons yesterday, given that I didn't have enough of a read to do anything about it I would rather just let it develop on its own while pushing in my own direction. Its a curiosity, im almost at the point where I would be willing to lynch him just because it would solve a couple of nagging things for me if im wrong. If im right, I can strengthen cases that are targeting power players. Either way most of the DGB-scum case is D1 and D3 play, her treatment of Bulb is bad. Remember where I said "this is town, I can pick out a couple of tells easily - why is he scum" and then she just pushed the lynch through quickly? I go back and forth a lot, but she should NEVER make an endgame. Syryana-scum and she make it for a while, but a F3 is the worst spot to put her.

Scum don't like having their lynchbaits pulled away. Town just prove why they are still scum.

DCL is townish, but only because of RM. Usually I read RM as scum so the lack of scumread there makes me think slot is town.

Lets actually make things interesting though, because fun things are fun.

Vote Syryana

I just want to prove him town at this point to stop myself from going off a cliff if im wrong.

Out of the Nacho/HD/DGB group, Nacho is most likely scum regardless of the flip from Syryana (really - "well its not my scum meta either" is the response for me calling your meta?). HD is probably town to about a F3 if Syryana is scum and DGB is at least late-ish game town with that scum flip (and mid-game in all actuality with town flip).
You know what? Rainbowdash is town. For the last paragraph.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:58 am

Lynches I would consider today:

MasterMew/Nacho
>>> ONLY ONE is scum. If MMew is scum, Nacho would be unlikely to bus at this point. If MMew is town, Nacho is very likely scum. This being said, with Syryana accusing me of single-handedly trying to discredit "universal town-read" Titan by goading her to quit means that MasterMew is probscum, and Nacho unlikely scum.

MO
. Yeah, that's right. That's because Syryana NEVER pushed her MO scum read at all. Look below:

=======================

The Syryana scum reads were:
TUA
MO
Reek DGB
Antilles

After TUA flips scum, Syryana says:
Cool. So, DGB or Antilles next?

Notice how he dropped MO.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 6:01 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 6.01:

Master mew - DrippingGoofball, Nachomamma, BBmolla

Not Voting - Arcangel, DCLXVI, RainbowDash, Jennifer, zdenek, Master Mew, Human Destroyer, Metal Overlord, Rainbowdash

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch and to no-lynch.

The Deadline is in (expired on 2013-05-24 23:18:27) or by 10:20 PM on May 24th, 2013.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 9:22 am

Here we have Mew, after pledging not to read the game, taking the "case" from Syryascum. He disagree with the "logic of the tell" - so I checked the wiki to see if there was some "standard logic" behind it and found nothing, so I suspect MasterMew is disagreeing with... thin air. Then I searched Mafia Discussion for "Amished Tell" and found a smattering of posts that said very little about it.

However, MasterMew likes this case and can't understand why no one is following it.
In post 2423, Master Mew wrote:
In post 2334, Syryana wrote:
In post 565, DrippingGoofball wrote:Funny story.

I started to iso the players in the list order and started with Reek and went: "whoa scum!" But I'm replacing Reek and wow, he's town.

You guys should have lynched my player slot on page 3.
The Amished tell. Not a universal scumtell certainly (I've done it myself as town, just not directly after replacing in), but it certainly doesn't move my scumread on the slot. DGB follows this with an unexplained list of reads and bad reasoning on why MO is town.
Had to do some digging on the "Amished tell,"
I don't particularly agree with the logic behind it
. The problem I see with that post has more to do with the "Looked at my own slot and I look pretty scummy XD" spiel, which reads disingenuously and attempts to wave off any suspicion on her slot as "Yeah, it is pretty funny, isn't it?"

Anyway I like this case
and don't really understand why nobody is following it.

Vote: DGB

Someone want to explain why DGB isn't being lynched?
I smell a steaming pile of rotting BS. Syryana was trying to have me lynched since he replaced in, MMew came in for support.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 am

Sometimes I feel like I'm posturbating in this game.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 9:55 am

In post 1760, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 723, TheUnderachivers wrote:In particular,
In post 721, TheUnderachivers wrote:It was stupid, it was suicidal, it was a dumb idea. Not only from a game perspective--but also a meta one. I've built up that not-bussing meta for a while now. People just reading the thread and not the scum QT will point to this game as evidence that I've broken from that. When this game is all the proof I need to reinforce it
This part.

So I ask again, HD.

MO. TUA. Not both scum. Which do you see as scum?
TWICE did TUA make that dichotomy that only ONE of MO or TUA could be scum.

Twice.
This is worth rememebering re: MO

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2593, BBmolla wrote:Nacho why the fuck did you try to build a counter wagon on RBD that still boggles me.
the case got me
if syryana was town, rbd would be a solid pick for scum
i just fucked up
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

Well, I quiet honestly had no idea who I wanted to lynch after syry...I'll need to think about this however, I am thinking at the moment that zedek, dgb, and MO are town.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Post by Zdenek »

I apparently I am not necessarily being replaced, so I'll post properly within 24 hours.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

am out till Monday morning.
will catch up on Monday.. sorry :(
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 1:00 am

In post 2580, Voidedmafia wrote:
Votecount 5.08:

Syryana - BBmolla, Arcangel, DCLXVI, RainbowDash, Jennifer, Syryana (L-1)
DCLXVI - zdenek
DrippingGoofball - Master Mew
Rainbowdash - Human Destroyer, Metal Overlord, Rainbowdash
Master Mew - Nachomamma

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no-lynch.

The Deadline is in (expired on 2013-05-15 13:16:00) or by 12: 15 PM on May 15th, 2013.
I keep thinking that Syryana self-voted at L-3 to save RD after making a distancing-case against RD.

DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 2:59 am

Post by DCLXVI »

I'm just going to blatantly sheep everybody
vote:master mew
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 3:00 am

Post by DCLXVI »

vote: master mew

so it counts...
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:47 am

Post by Zdenek »

So, I think that reasoning that's been given for Master Mew scum is best and I like that choice, so
Vote: Master Mew

DCL doesn't really look like he was going for town-cred of the Syryana lynch - that's a meh argument, but it's enough for me to drop that for now.

I'm pissed off with myself for having a scum read on TAM, the lurker and Syr, and not pushing that, but so it goes.

As far as other people go, I'll try to say something about that during the week.
Master Mew
Master Mew
Goon
Master Mew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Master Mew »

Yuck.

Same reasons.

I've not really seen an accusation to respond to, and fail to see how this speedwagon (am I at L-1 already?) is justified. There will be Scum in this wagon, it materialized too effortlessly.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Zdenek »

HA HA
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 10:43 am

In post 2617, Master Mew wrote:Same reasons.
Still the Amished tell, the only thing you've read in the entire game?

Haha, yeah.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

====[]
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2617, Master Mew wrote:Yuck.

Same reasons.

I've not really seen an accusation to respond to, and fail to see how this speedwagon (am I at L-1 already?) is justified. There will be Scum in this wagon, it materialized too effortlessly.
Same reasons even though the reasons you had before were borrowed from someone who flipped scum? Really?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2430, Jennifer wrote:Gah, I don't really know what to do. I have been a little suspicious of Syrana, but Bulb said that Syrana was one of his towniest reads, and while he can be wrong, it bothers me that no one has even bothered to review/question those reads even though now we know Bulb was conftown. Plus I don't like that MO is on Syrana's wagon as I think his hammer was scummy as all get out, and there was nothing "refreshing" about it.

But no one else seems that interested in those that are scummier to me like MO and BBMolla which bothers me too because I don't understand why people aren't seeing what I'm seeing (or I guess, more accurately, seeing it in the same way).

But we do have 8 days left, so
VOTE: MO

Come join me! I don't think that recklessness is a town tell. I think scum can be just as reckless. Especially after being emboldened by the double town modkills.
In post 2433, Jennifer wrote:
In post 2431, Zdenek wrote:Why was the hammer scummy?
Because MO seemed to know that Bulb would flip town. Not only did he say that he thought Bulb was town, he also said that he empathized because MO had been subject to many a mislynch before too. And, given we had 11 days left before deadline, if MO really was town they should never, ever, ever have hammered someone they thought was town. Especially given that we're operating with plurality lynches; MO didn't have to convince a majority to lynch someone else, but only a smaller number. And they had the time to do it. Instead MO seemed happy to get the mislynch and happy that it wasn't them (scum attitude).
In post 2486, Jennifer wrote:
In post 2439, Metal Overlord wrote:MS:

Anyone calling me scum or have me as a scum read still at this point of the game should either retire from mafia, or give themselves up as scum.

1. I am a 3rd counter wagon to the 2 scum wagons day 1(Fact)
2.Bulbazak, a town, read me as town(fact)
In post 717, TheUnderachivers wrote:
In post 693, Human Destroyer wrote:end of day distancing at its finest
Except, HD, I don't bus. I don't know how Nero plays as scum (you'd have to ask him), but bussing NEVER works out in my favor, so I don't do it. So I'm delivering an ultimatum.

MO and TUA cannot be scum together.
Pick one, run with it. Who is the scum, who is the town.
(Right from the mouth of scum)

These 3 are enough to make me a 100% town, and should be communally viewed in all the eyes of the town. Read: I get a free pass for the whole game

Jennifer, if you still continue to vote me after these evidence, please get voted out. If you happen to be town, you really need to retire.

For reference:

"MO voted a town read therefore he must be scum!" - Jennifer (Opinion)

LOL
... I need to retire? Wth? You're voting Syrana, who Bulb listed as a strong town read of his (fact). So you're being hypocritical in using Bulb's read as evidence as to why you are town. Not only should you not be voting Bulb's town read, but you should be faulting those who are, but you're not. Also, quoting scum WIFOM does not confirm your towniness.... Only point to consider that you mentioned in the Day 1 wagon, as chances would be that main wagons wouldn't all be on scum. That does cut in favor of you being town, but I'm not sure that chance alone is strong enough in light of all the other bad scum tells you've given off, topped with you trying to goad me into retiring. So my vote stays on you, and I'm not going anywhere.

@Nacho I went and looked at RBD's ISO (not Otter's because I'm getting overwhelmed in trying to do histories with all the different names posting for slots. I think that RBD's vote on Syrana is weird. First RBD says Syrana is too town to lynch, then voted HD, then wants to lynch Syrana because would clear up HD (I'm really not liking people saying they're willing to lynch town reads.. seems anti-town at the very best). Seems inconsistent, and I can't really follow. Currently if I had to vote between Syrana or RBD, I would vote RBD.

@Mew You asked where my cases were on MO and Molla:
Here is MO.
Here is Molla.

I'm also starting to get worried about AA9 because she seems to have stepped away from the game (though I know my posting rate hasn't been stellar either).
In post 2532, Jennifer wrote:I'm annoyed that MO seems to be getting away with his 'NYAH NYAH' - he's clearly scum who hopes that by repeating "MO is obvtown MO is obvtown" enough that we'll eventually forget that it's him just trying to grandstand himself and only remember MO in conenction with obvtown. I hate moving my vote from him because I'm pretty sure he's scum, but I also realize that no one wants to join me so I need to compromise.

Originally I was willing to vote RBD over Syrana but RBD's recent responses have read town to me and I also don't like the fact that MO moved his vote there. I know that Bulb had a strong town read on Syrana, which has me a bit concerned, but I think he's wrong (just like he was wrong about MO). Also, RBD's latest posts seems to be more pointed at what to do post-flip whereas Syrana's have been more purely defensive, which makes me feel like RBD is out for the longer term/town.

Voting Syrana now and everyone PLEASE consider a MO lynch tomorrow. I want MO to die!

VOTE: Syrana
L-1

@Mod You have MO voting both Syrana and RBD. MO's last vote changed from Syrana to RBD.
Hmmm.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 1:31 am

Make point, please?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 3:21 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

1st quote: "I'm suspicious of Syryana, but he was Bulb's strongest townread so I don't want to vote him." -Defending her partner under the guise of a dead townie's reads.
2nd quote: "They never should have hammered someone they thought was town." - Ignores RBD doing what's pretty much the same thing.
3rd quote: More dead townie read reminders + "RBD's vote is weird" with zero followup.
4th quote: Voting scumbuddy even though she clearly doesn't want to, still postures for MO lynch. Why vote Syryana?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”