Micro 174 The Half Baked Curse GAME OVER Mage School Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
NoEffenCllue
NoEffenCllue
Goon
NoEffenCllue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by NoEffenCllue »

In post 199, TheIrishPope wrote:I can't find scum if I'm lynched all of a sudden due to those reasons.
What is your definition of playing like a towny? Everyone has different views.
hunting for scum and in the process finding a few town players and deciding if consensus is an option. just because someone is town doesn't mean their reads are any good.

questioning
evaluating
sharing reads and otherwise putting enough substance into the thread that other town players can make their evaluations of you.

- fferyllt
NoEffenCllue
NoEffenCllue
Goon
NoEffenCllue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by NoEffenCllue »

Yes... You can... You can find scum and be lynched... Your win condition. Is not based on surviving unless you are scum... Your win condition is soley to find scum.... and if you dont start trying to do it i will talk myself out of deathtunelling my scum read and policy lynch you for being a worthless player... So if you are concerned about your survival.... START ACTING LIKE SOMEONE WHO DESERVES TO SURVIVE.

-i
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

Considering that exactly four people have been really active, I can't really add to the discussion. But, since you want something, here goes:
Aeris
TNE
NEC
SC
Shana

Highest are scum, lowest are prob town. This is all preliminary; people have not posted enough and we are nine days away from nighttime. So, please, post.
And prod RachMarie

Yo, Ineffective, chill.
If I survive longer I can do a better job, so don't lynch me D1.
Do you mean that playing like you, with your fancy capital letters and faulty reasoning, will not get me lynched? Sounds great.
NoEffenCllue
NoEffenCllue
Goon
NoEffenCllue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by NoEffenCllue »

Hey hotshot... What makes you think surviving will increase your chances of winning?

Im giving you another chance to look at the case and comment on it like a towny that is concerned with finding scum would.

Then im going against my better judgement and doing a policy lynch vote.

>>>fyi every time i have strongarmed a vote on MS or vigged someone it flipped scum

-i
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Aeris »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: tip

This guy is scum. Look at his reads list. I'm his top scum read. Where is his vote? Not on me, but on his second scum read who he said he was voting for giggles. You don't vote your scum read and then weaken it for giggles. Is he pressuring me at all? Not town play...sorry.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

Hotshot. I like that nickname.
Everyone's chances of winning is higher if they are alive.
Or what? You'll vote for me? Spooky.
Policy lynches just suck in any situation.
Vote: NoEffenCllue

Aeris, things change, darling.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by Aeris »

I want to see neros response to the case before I say anything.

So, tip is a super newbie who might just not know how to play mafia. Not an insult by the way, just an observation. My reason for voting him might not be valid.

I'd happily lynch the maestro slot though. I don't trust this much thread avoidance.

UNVOTE:

I'll get back to this tomorrow.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

It's ok, I get it.
I would as well, but I want mod here because she would have prodded many players :P
NoEffenCllue
NoEffenCllue
Goon
NoEffenCllue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by NoEffenCllue »

In post 206, Aeris wrote:I want to see neros response to the case before I say anything.

So, tip is a super newbie who might just not know how to play mafia. Not an insult by the way, just an observation. My reason for voting him might not be valid.

I'd happily lynch the maestro slot though. I don't trust this much thread avoidance.

UNVOTE:

I'll get back to this tomorrow.
Tip is so bad at mafia that he is impossible to read--- im starting to wonder if this is intentional...

I think allowing him to live for mafia to lynch later might be a mistake but i will happily vote him if we are not sheeped.

Maestro has reasons to avoid the thread, and as much as i would like to i will not place a vote on his slot. I fully expect that he has already requested to be replaced and that Rach hasnt been here to deal with it

-i
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

I am bad at mafia? Wow. And now you use WIFOM as a final resort? Really? Have you sunk that low?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.01 (Official)

DoctorPepper - 2 - thenewearth, Shana
NoEffenCllue - 2 - Empking, TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope - 2 - DoctorPepper, Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain - 1 - NoEffenCllue

Not Voting: Maestro, Aeris

With 9 it is 5 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-05-25 03:30:30)

Maestro has been prodded.

Meet my backup mod who also is my bf ♥ ---Rach
Last edited by RachMarie on Wed May 15, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 202, TheIrishPope wrote:Considering that exactly four people have been really active, I can't really add to the discussion. But, since you want something, here goes:
Aeris
TNE
NEC
SC
Shana

Highest are scum, lowest are prob town. This is all preliminary; people have not posted enough and we are nine days away from nighttime. So, please, post.
And prod RachMarie

Yo, Ineffective, chill.
If I survive longer I can do a better job, so don't lynch me D1.
Do you mean that playing like you, with your fancy capital letters and faulty reasoning, will not get me lynched? Sounds great.
Dafuq is wrong with this read list?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by Maestro »

OH DEAR GOD, I DIDN'T BOOKMARK

fuckfuckfuckfuck - reading and getting to this tomorrow
Shana
Shana
Townie
Shana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 2:49 am

Post by Shana »

#81 SC did the same thing TIP did when TIP was voted by SC, which was drawing a conclusion for the vote. The difference in the two scenarios is that SC explained the vote after a few posts while in this scenario (regarding NEC voting SC), is that NEC didn't explain the reason, and only did after some time.

#85 Same feel I got from #38, felt like a 'day vig' threat.

"No townie in their right mind is going to blindly sheep you"
Agreeing in this, though if a townie also saw what NEC saw, that is not blindly sheeping is it?

"On one hand this could be some bullshit reaction test."
Isn't SC right in this sense? 'Cause NEC's primary reasons for voting were for the 'kinda trollish' posts, and being inconsistent.
In post 202, TheIrishPope wrote: Aeris
TNE
NEC
SC
Shana
This list seems forced, what did you find scummy in Aerith's posts?
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:46 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

There are so many things so wrong with that read list by TIP. So you say there are four people active right now, and you give reads for 5, with no explanations for said reads, no previous suspicion of any of your so called scum reads, prob town reads for a player who barely posted (Shana) and no reads for me, who hasnt been very active but a bit more active than Shana and a bit less active than your top scum read. Then you vote your middle read, with no explanation. Then you say "things change honey" like 2 posts later? What? And youve been clamoring for everyone to give you reads, never give your own and when you do, its like a random mish mash of reads without rhyme or reason.

Yeah, I do agree with ffery that there scum usually have radars that make them avoid such posts, however I dont believe that its impossible for a player that is incredibly scummy to actually be scum. Yes this is too blatant, can it be scum? Possibly. Is it helpful to town? Hell no.

After rereading the game thread, I have 2 scum reads, the rest are either town or null and I will sort them out later on.
Scum reads: TIP - for reasons I've stated tons of times
TNE - I am bothered by how TNE posts. Like when TNE posts, its barely anything that would contribute to the game. Take 56, 61, 66, 101, are just posts addressed at the votes, like there was an overly concerned about being voted vibe. Its as if most of the posts are actually just about how much of a bad idea it is to vote her. Yeah, barely anything constructive, except maybe the fact that she doesnt think its SVS because "Its too early to bus" whoch isnt always the case and is WIFOM.

Empking and Maestro barely posted, hope they will be able to contribute more. Though I dont like empking's early posts. Thereasons for voting bug me. "Wrong signature?" Yeah, I feel like his posts arent constructive at all.

Dunno what to think of the hydra fight, leaning towards TvT by virtue of existing scum reads, will need to read more about this.
Aeris and Shana give me town vibes as well, Shana is more null leaning town. Yeah all my 4 town reads actually give efforts to scum hunt, thats how I read them. Will try to understand the conflict between NoEff and SC.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 4:04 am

Post by Sugar Cain »

In post 155, NoEffenCllue wrote:And in post #57 Mara put down a vote on a pitifully easy lynch candidate, TIP.
hey, a chainsaw!!! Also it was already sorted out that I made that vote. Why are you seemingly not paying attention and rehashing old arguments?
Post #81 jumps to a conclusion about the reason for our vote, calling it a piggy-back
So I was just supposed to guess why you voted me?And when I guessed wrong I ws scummy for it? WTF is this shit?
In post 155, NoEffenCllue wrote:Post #85 comes off...creepy. "I want to kill", not "I want to vote" or "I want to lynch". It's usually a scum mindset that phrases things this way IME.
From now on I want you to refer to me as Admiral Akabar ‘cause you JUST FELL INTO A TRAP!!!

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=275

In this game the scum pushed me as scum based on using the word kill instead of lynch.
We spar for a couple more posts, and then Cain disappears. And we hear nothing from Sugar Cain until nearly 48 hours later.
ok, you (ffery head) disappeared after my 145 yet you were still posting all over the site. Why did it take you so long to respond?
1."why y'all changing your meta." - explained already. It's not "my" meta. I've been compromising my game parameters while I learned site meta and adjusted to a months-long game format, and figured out how to fit the style of play I prefer into this format.
Fair enough. I once played in a game with Mastin2 where he made a big hoo daa about changing his meta/game play w/e. While you can rightfully point about that you aren’t mastin2 I’m still wary of change in playstyle for apparently no reason.
2. "And you never will 'cause you have nothing. On one hand this could be some bullshit reaction test. On the other hand (and what its looking like to me) is you're scum and by saying "I hope people are seeing what we are seeing" and expect another player to claim what they "see" and you'll latch onto it." - purely defense by offence, which has been the case all along. He doesn't want to hear what our case consisted of. he wants to dismiss it sight unseen.
And yet you were given opportunity after opportunity to clarify, but you didn’t. Why didn’t you?
3. "Other than being flat out wrong about our alignment, this is also extremely anti-town for a few reasons. 1.) No townie in their right mind is going to blindly sheep you."" - hoping for a self-fullfilling prophecy?
ummm no....this isn’t Epic Mafia where players get lynched and bandwagoned for the hell of it. Unless you are a Matt P or someone with a super duper reputation you have almost no chance in getting a sane town to follow you on a lynch that you are unwilling to back up with a case.

"I see no reason for a supposed town (with a pre-made case) to not voice their opinion and attempt to convince the town that we should be the days lynch." - every new post he's made is a case on its own. I think he realizes this, and hopes to distract from it by handwaving about the unseen case.
That would be ‘cause there’s not pro-town reasoning in not playing your cards.

For example, lets pretend that I have a slamdunk case on Emp, are you going to help me lynch Emp?

"And the longer you withhold said "reasoning", you hold the game hostage. Which transitions nicely to my second point.
- "holding the game hostage". as though that is even possible while actively participating.
Have you realized that there hasn’t been that much going on other than me and you? Once you posted your “case” we started getting reactions and stuff. This game was not going to move forward until you posted your case.

2.) We have 6 days left. The longer you withhold said reasoning the less time that the town has to discuss the case on us and possibly/hopefully on someone else. There's also the fact that early game no lynchs are a bad idea so with holding reasoning and not allowing town to discuss...the closer to dl town will say "fuck it" and lynch willy nilly."

We do not have six days left. At the time this post was made, we had 10 days. This creates a false sense of urgency, in the hopes of getting other players to dismiss our concerns. And, hilariously, this section comes off as though he knows he is talking to a town player and making a plea for reasonableness.
I’m going to concede this since, as this head pointed out, we had 10 hours when I wrote this. I didn’t understand it was one of those countdown timers, I thought we had 10 hours starting May 11th. Still this game was not going to move forward until NEC pulled out her “case”

NEC, why were you so adamant that you did not want to release your reasons for suspecting our slot but you broke down and released your reasoning?
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 4:09 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

So both SugarCain cant take a stance on NEC cause of hydra disagreements. Look, im confused as one f you says its TvT, and the other is convinced NEC is scum. Can you both just talk it over and take one stance? The tunneling/defending is confusing
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 4:18 am

Post by Sugar Cain »

In post 166, NoEffenCllue wrote:
In post 165, fferyllt wrote:
In post 164, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 163, NoEffenCllue wrote:TIP stop posting.

Its like you are asking to be lynched every time you post.

I dont think you are scum because you are always like this.

-i
Why stop now?
And how do you know my playstyle?
I've meta'd you. And we talk.

- f
damn it

- f
Why did you meta him? Who else did you meta? This seems off 'cause if you'd meta me you'd know that this was my town play.
In post 178, NoEffenCllue wrote:Why did you not consider that a towny could have an overwhelmingly strong read on a scum?
So, if we are lynched today, when we flip town do you think that the other players should consider you for a day 2 lynch, why or why not?
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Sugar Cain »

lawl, Ffery and ineffective think they are god tier scum hunters. Hell fucking no.
In post 213, Shana wrote:#81 SC did the same thing TIP did when TIP was voted by SC, which was drawing a conclusion for the vote. The difference in the two scenarios is that SC explained the vote after a few posts while in this scenario (regarding NEC voting SC), is that NEC didn't explain the reason, and only did after some time.
This is actually a very good point and shows NEC selectively scumhunting.
Agreeing in this, though if a townie also saw what NEC saw, that is not blindly sheeping is it?
but no one knew what they were "seeing". Someone else could "see" something else and allow NEC to shift their reasoning.
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Sugar Cain »

In post 208, NoEffenCllue wrote:Maestro has reasons to avoid the thread
The fuck is this shit?
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Sugar Cain »

In post 208, NoEffenCllue wrote:Maestro has reasons to avoid the thread
The fuck is this shit?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 6:17 am

Post by Maestro »

I'm not avoiding? I'm reading up
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 6:18 am

Post by Maestro »

busy getting FiOs today though, so my internet will be shitty/nonexistent until it becomes amazing and super-fast
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 10:37 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

In post 213, Shana wrote:#81 SC did the same thing TIP did when TIP was voted by SC, which was drawing a conclusion for the vote. The difference in the two scenarios is that SC explained the vote after a few posts while in this scenario (regarding NEC voting SC), is that NEC didn't explain the reason, and only did after some time.

#85 Same feel I got from #38, felt like a 'day vig' threat.

"On one hand this could be some bullshit reaction test."
Isn't SC right in this sense? 'Cause NEC's primary reasons for voting were for the 'kinda trollish' posts, and being inconsistent.
In post 202, TheIrishPope wrote: Aeris
TNE
NEC
SC
Shana
This list seems forced, what did you find scummy in Aerith's posts?
I do not find them scummy, I only find them not townie. And dunno, she's been fence-sitting the entire game, not like the hydras and me who are really posting and scumhunting.
It is kind of forced because due to *someone's* logic, if I don't have reads, I am scum. So there's that. It is really preliminary and tentative.
In post 214, DoctorPepper wrote:There are so many things so wrong with that read list by TIP. So you say there are four people active right now, and you give reads for 5, with no explanations for said reads, no previous suspicion of any of your so called scum reads, prob town reads for a player who barely posted (Shana) and no reads for me, who hasnt been very active but a bit more active than Shana and a bit less active than your top scum read. Then you vote your middle read, with no explanation. Then you say "things change honey" like 2 posts later? What? And youve been clamoring for everyone to give you reads, never give your own and when you do, its like a random mish mash of reads without rhyme or reason.

Yeah, I do agree with ffery that there scum usually have radars that make them avoid such posts, however I dont believe that its impossible for a player that is incredibly scummy to actually be scum. Yes this is too blatant, can it be scum? Possibly. Is it helpful to town? Hell no.

After rereading the game thread, I have 2 scum reads, the rest are either town or null and I will sort them out later on.
Scum reads: TIP - for reasons I've stated tons of times
TNE - I am bothered by how TNE posts. Like when TNE posts, its barely anything that would contribute to the game. Take 56, 61, 66, 101, are just posts addressed at the votes, like there was an overly concerned about being voted vibe. Its as if most of the posts are actually just about how much of a bad idea it is to vote her. Yeah, barely anything constructive, except maybe the fact that she doesnt think its SVS because "Its too early to bus" whoch isnt always the case and is WIFOM.

Empking and Maestro barely posted, hope they will be able to contribute more. Though I dont like empking's early posts. Thereasons for voting bug me. "Wrong signature?" Yeah, I feel like his posts arent constructive at all.

Dunno what to think of the hydra fight, leaning towards TvT by virtue of existing scum reads, will need to read more about this.
Aeris and Shana give me town vibes as well, Shana is more null leaning town. Yeah all my 4 town reads actually give efforts to scum hunt, thats how I read them. Will try to understand the conflict between NoEff and SC.
I don't give reasons because of what you have just said: everyone has barely posted excluding me and the hydras.
What is the scum motivation behind my actions and TNE's?
What is the town motivation behind Aeris's contribution and Shana's?
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 11:07 am

Post by Sugar Cain »

Woah now, don't be putting yourself in the same position as us and NEC

and no, we can't come to an agreement on the other Hydra, nor can we come to an agreement on TIP. Cain really, really, really wants them dead and I want TIP dead

TIP, if you only find Aeris not townie, why is she at the top of your scum-list?

VOTE: Shana

here is our compromise.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”