Mini 1450: Hillbilly Hunt Mafia (Game Over)

MaraPim
MaraPim
Townie
MaraPim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 11:32 am

Post by MaraPim »

In post 174, Ms Marangal wrote:Haha~~ weak defense is weak

we have read the game, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to form opinions on what we think.

we are "chainsaw'ing" Ree because your points against him are weak, he is becoming more and more like his town-self as the game goes on, and the holes in your cases are so terribly bad. We have nothing to gain, but we do have a chance at loosing a strong town player with Ree gone so...

~Mara
>.>
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I think the people who aren't voting, or are voting people by themselves, should at least weigh in on the ree v cooldog situation.
It is clearly
the
issue of the day, at least so far.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 163, Mr_Ree wrote:@Dryfit: Why do you expect more from Thad?
He's a more experienced player, and I remember him doing more when I played with him before.

That sequence from MaraPim last page regarding CooLDoG was ridiculous. Advising CooLDoG not to post because it makes him look bad, then voting him after I called them out on it without directly addressing me.

Unvote. Vote: MaraPim.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by Jebus »

Responding to the prod. Long day at work. I'll get to posting after work tomorrow.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

In post 155, Mr_Ree wrote: If it's null, why bring it up? Thank you! That's what I've been trying to say. Try telling that to Cooldog!
I think you should probably reread bud. It sounds like you missed a few things along the way.
You do realize you haven't answered my question. Is the answer simply "bored"?
In post 161, Mr_Ree wrote: What we are talking about now is you using a scumtell that you have made a point in saying you believe in.
Is this your only point against Cooldog. If so, this is a pretty bad vote.
In post 158, Mr_Ree wrote:Not too sure about nopoint. I think he's a sheep but I'll ammend my position once I can be sure he's actually reading.

Most of his questions should have had obvious answers. The grammatical error suggests youth or english as a second language, as does the buzzwords comment. I think he may just be having trouble following.

Am I wrong Nopoint?

Oh yeah..... Cancel the VLA. Plans changed.
I'm young, not a native.
However, I'm confident to say that my English is better than the average Americans and I've played more games on this site than you.
You should pay respect, make no assumption and answer my questions. I will return the respect and answer all of yours.
In post 174, Ms Marangal wrote:Haha~~ weak defense is weak

we have read the game, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to form opinions on what we think.

we are "chainsaw'ing" Ree because your points against him are weak, he is becoming more and more like his town-self as the game goes on, and the holes in your cases are so terribly bad. We have nothing to gain, but we do have a chance at loosing a strong town player with Ree gone so...

~Mara
This is such a scummy post. It completely assume Ree is town.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

@Dry-fit, I've been in a game with him before too. Seems like he's working on something. I happen to agree with his vote and current stance.

Re: Marapim, the implication is that she was advising Cooldog in a partner capacity, correct?

@NPIAU: I did answer it, previously in the thread. It was partly out of boredom. I'm on holidays before I start the training for my new job (yay). It was more as a continuation of my previous post it in anticipation of Cooldog saying he wasn't about to go digging for it. Also served as a thread bump.

That's not my only point against Cooldog. Did you read my posts? I assure you, I have several. I just
really
want to see how he explains that one. He made such a big deal about it, then did it. Are you not curious about it as well?

Looks like I may have angered you slightly. I take great joy in being able to profile players. Don't take it personally that I could pick that out, it helps factor into my analysis of your reads and reactions.

Respect is earned. That's not saying that I won't be respectful. I just don't think you deserve respect simply because you've played more games. That's like saying I deserve your respect for being your elder. I've played quite a few off site as well. My win ratio off site is 90% on site is 72+%. Can you say the same? Please don't use the "I've played more games so I'm better than you" angle ever again. To anyone.

Regarding Ms M.'s post: I don't see anything wrong with it. Sounds about right to me. Is it scummy to defend someone you have a town read on? Please tell me what specifically you find wrong about it.

Is it because Ms, M, a person I've just played another game with, reads your scumread as town because she "recognized my play as town-Ree"?
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
MaraPim
MaraPim
Townie
MaraPim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Post by MaraPim »

Dry-fit, if you cared to look I was stating my intent to vote him but wanted PM, who is my hydra partner, ok before I did so. That post you quoted was also directed to me, and PM was the one who had placed that vote. we are both signing, it shouldn't be incredibly hard to tell us apart '-'

Anyway, I told him to stop talking because it's making the victory that much more easier for us. I dunno about you, but I like challenges. it's no fun when something is an easy gain, especially when it comes to mafia.

aside from that, the comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously...

Nopoint, yes... I am assuming Ree is town this game... I haven't kept my slowly growing town-read on Ree a secret... what's the problem there?

V/LA until tuesday

~Mara

and yes, that is both heads taking a V/LA
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 11:49 pm

In post 180, Mr_Ree wrote: @NPIAU: I did answer it, previously in the thread. It was partly out of boredom. I'm on holidays before I start the training for my new job (yay). It was more as a continuation of my previous post it in anticipation of Cooldog saying he wasn't about to go digging for it. Also served as a thread bump.
An answer like this would suffice. That's basically what you have to do for a question
That's not my only point against Cooldog. Did you read my posts? I assure you, I have several. I just
really
want to see how he explains that one. He made such a big deal about it, then did it. Are you not curious about it as well?
1> Can you list out your points against Cooldog? Just so I know what you are talking about. I did read all of your posts.
2> I assume you mean this post
In post 115, CooLDoG wrote: Because you love self meta so much, let me give you some of mine, although I really hate it. In pretty much every single game I have one constant, do you know what that is? Every game I say that meta is bullshit. Every game. Not just once. Every game I say that meta is bullshit, why do I say that meta is bullshit? because the only purpose meta serves is to let scum hide behind a mystical "town meta" and avoid getting lynched.
I don't think the purpose of this post is to self-meta himself. It was to point out his disagreement against self-meta-ing. It may sound like a contradiction but I see no scum intention in this posts. Contradictions don't always equal scum.
Looks like I may have angered you slightly. I take great joy in being able to profile players. Don't take it personally that I could pick that out, it helps factor into my analysis of your reads and reactions.
"Am I wrong?" is meant to provoke, am I right?
Respect is earned. That's not saying that I won't be respectful. I just don't think you deserve respect simply because you've played more games. That's like saying I deserve your respect for being your elder. I've played quite a few off site as well. My win ratio off site is 90% on site is 72+%. Can you say the same? Please don't use the "I've played more games so I'm better than you" angle ever again. To anyone.
You are pretty much spot on. Except that I've never implied that I'm better than you, even if I may be. I was assuring you that I am (capable of) following.
The way you respect people is by addressing their concerns, and you didn't address mine adequately. The last post was ok though.
Regarding Ms M.'s post: I don't see anything wrong with it. Sounds about right to me. Is it scummy to defend someone you have a town read on? Please tell me what specifically you find wrong about it.
1> Early town read strong enough to chainsaw defend? Very unlikely.
2> I wasn't accusing her of defending you. I was accusing her of assuming you are town.
Is it because Ms, M, a person I've just played another game with, reads your scumread as town because she "recognized my play as town-Ree"?
Partly so (we are all human), partly because of the way she defends you.
In post 147, MaraPim wrote: I think Dog should stop talking, he gets scummier and scummier with each post. will talk to Pim about moving the vote again
~Mara
In post 156, MaraPim wrote:
Unvote; Vote: CoolDog

Discussion gets too tough for him against Ree and he quits. This is the place to be.
~PM
In post 170, MaraPim wrote:
In post 160, CooLDoG wrote:ree, man. What have we been talking about for the past 3 pages?
You attacked Ree, it was shown that it wasn't right, you keep repeating it and then try to stop the discussion when Ree shows arguments why your attack is scummy.
Stand outside and take potshots. Why not go into the details on what's wrong with what's Cooldog was saying?
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 11:56 pm

In post 181, MaraPim wrote: Anyway, I told him to stop talking because it's making the victory that much more easier for us. I dunno about you, but I like challenges. it's no fun when something is an easy gain, especially when it comes to mafia.
This really looks like it was made up on the spot btw.
Unvote.Vote: Mara
Justice will prevail
\m/
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 6:06 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 174, Ms Marangal wrote: have a chance at loosing a strong town player with Ree gone so...

~Mara
bullshit. You are defended ree for no reason. It is 8 pages into the game and you already have an obv town read who also happens to be a
very
strong player. Something is wrong.

I really dislike how ree and mara are answering and defending each other as of late. It is a bit disconcerting. Seems like two mouths on the same person.
In post 181, MaraPim wrote:D
Anyway, I told him to stop talking because it's making the victory that much more easier for us. I dunno about you, but I like challenges. it's no fun when something is an easy gain, especially when it comes to mafia.
Wow, this is so bad. This is really bad. You want the town to have a hard time finding scum. Wow.

vote: mara

~Formatting Fixed~
Last edited by PeregrineV on Mon May 20, 2013 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
after a wank.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 9:21 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

Odd that you people would vote a player who is going VLA and is therefore unable to defend themself for the next 3 or 4 days. Not classy.

@npiau: is that what cocky sounds like to others? Ewwwww.

You may be capable of following but all of your questions already had answers in thread. That suggests you probably missed them.

I can make a case on Cooldog if you'd like. The majority of my posts directed at him accuse him of something. To satisfy my own curiosity regarding how well you have been following, can you list at least 3 of those reasons before I make my case?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 10:32 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 1-6

(as of Post 185)

Mr_Ree (3)
- Thor665, MrObvious, havingfitz
CooLDoG (3)
- ThAdmiral, Mr_Ree, MaraPim
MaraPim (3)
- Dry-fit, nopointinactingup, CooLDoG
nopointinactingup (1)
- Jebus
Thor665 (1)
- TBacde

Not Voting (2)
- timewarp, T S O

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline:
Thursday, May 29, 2013 at 10am Central Time

Replacing:

No one

Prods:

timewarp (ongoing)

V/LAs:

MaraPimMay 21

I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 185, Mr_Ree wrote:Odd that you people would vote a player who is going VLA and is therefore unable to defend themself for the next 3 or 4 days. Not classy.
What would you do if who you thought was the scummiest player went on vla, just stay with a worse vote?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 184, CooLDoG wrote:[quote="In post 174, Ms Marangal" have a chance at loosing a strong town player with Ree gone so...

~Mara
bullshit. You are defended ree for no reason. It is 8 pages into the game and you already have an obv town read who also happens to be a
very

I really dislike how ree and mara are answering and defending each other as of late. It is a bit disconcerting. Seems like two mouths on the same person.
In post 181, MaraPim wrote:D
Wow, this is so bad. This is really bad. You want the town to have a hard time finding scum. Wow.

Yeah it is really bad. Really bad
formatting
!

I think the recent wagon on mara is a nonissue. Don't agree with it.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

I'm not sure actually. I guess it depends on how scummy I percieved them to be. They would have to seem pretty bad for me to vote them immediately after they went VLA.

It just feels opportunistic. Until they get back, it's nothing but a vote park. They can't answer for themselves, they can't defend. They feel no pressure until they return. If that is the intention, to have them return to a pressure wagon, go for it. If the intent is to lynch before they get back, which is why I worry about cases accompanied by votes, it looks like it's fueled by opportunity, which is scummy.

I had to point it out. That wagon grew fast.

Were you implying that Mara was advising cooldog in a partner capacity?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Willing to lynch nopoint now too.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 2:04 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 185, Mr_Ree wrote:Odd that you people would vote a player who is going VLA and is therefore unable to defend themself for the next 3 or 4 days. Not classy.
why are you defending mara on page 8?

@mod, could you somehow fix my epic fail of bb tags
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 2:07 am

Post by CooLDoG »

yeah, I don't like how mara and ree are buddy buddy so early in the game. It doesn't seem right. I have never in my four years on this site seen such hard buddying
this early.
I have seen pretty hard buddying, but not right out of the gate.
after a wank.
timewarp
timewarp
Townie
timewarp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 3:53 am

Post by timewarp »

here. Just been busy. Let me catchup.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 6:10 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Spoiler: formated fixed
In post 174, Ms Marangal wrote: have a chance at loosing a strong town player with Ree gone so...

~Mara
very

In post 181, MaraPim wrote: Anyway, I told him to stop talking because it's making the victory that much more easier for us. I dunno about you, but I like challenges. it's no fun when something is an easy gain, especially when it comes to mafia.

to be sure it got in.
after a wank.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 11:31 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

I could see how 3 people with town reads on each other who are willing to speak out for each other could be troubling for scum.

This is a thing of beauty, and it's all thanks to you cooldog. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. We are simply uniting against a common threat. We each share a series of reads that match up and can be understood by each other, giving a great deal of transparency. Because of that transparency, we each feel confident in defending each other, especially if we don't agree with the reasoning behind the accusations.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 11:47 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

ITT: people take something that mara says flippantly and use it as their main argument against her.
MaraPim
MaraPim
Townie
MaraPim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by MaraPim »

weekend plans canceled :T

Taking note that Dry-fit ignored my response

No-point, why are you avoiding answering questions posted to you as well?

Have you really never had strong town reads early game? Nor, seen anyone develop strong reads? I find that hard to believe as I have only been here for roughly 6 months, have had a strong town read on people before the game hit double digits, and have seen others do it as well...

Thad, Thor, Ree thoughts on Dry-fit?
MaraPim
MaraPim
Townie
MaraPim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by MaraPim »

In post 194, CooLDoG wrote:Wow, this is so bad. This is really bad. You want the town to have a hard time finding scum. Wow.
lol, way to twist my words and make it into something worse. I said I like challenges and feel a whole lot better when I feel the win is earned rather than handed over to us by scum. I'm fairly sure that there are others who share that mindset with me

~Mara
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

I'm not twisting. You said you didn't want me to talk because you wanted the challenge. Meaning you wanted the game to be harder for you and thus harder for the town to find scum. Anyone who advocates that = insta lynch in my book.
after a wank.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”