Micro 174 The Half Baked Curse GAME OVER Mage School Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Sugar Cain »

~Sugar....
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

You want me dead? Why?
Again, it is a tentative list which is most likely filled with errors. It was only to circumnavigate NEC's badgering. I have mixed feelings on all of you, especially the hydras of course.
NoEffenCllue
NoEffenCllue
Goon
NoEffenCllue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by NoEffenCllue »

In post 193, Sugar Cain wrote:Come on Ffery, step up your game. stop slipping :P

TIP, it's TVT neither of us are scum and my partner is too stubborn to see that they are town.

Nero is currently trying to convince me otherwise

Nero always comes off as trollish, that's how he plays the game. Surprisingly, he is able to use that kinda play to catch scum and he's a fairly decent player

As for Hydra head unification, my pride in that is circumstantial to each head. right now, I only have one Hydra where I would prefer to be called out as the hydra name rather then the separate players, the one with Mala might be going down that road as well.

I'm uncomfortable because I'm not agreeing with a fair amount of what Nero is doing.

as for us being scum because we are putting out vote on TIP, what makes you think he's town?

He's already tried to accuse me of voting him due to a disagreement that I had in regards to LaL then, when he realizes that his mis-rep on my account is false, he's tried to reconcile with Nero (which never works, he has a heart of steel)

Nero believes that Scum tunnel more then town... which I don't agree with, and most of his stuff afaik, is more to the fact that you guys are being Anti-town rather then Pro-town

~Sugar

Pedit: you still believe that he's town Ineffective? :|
This is the first post from Sugar Cain that has given me any real sense of town motivation.

- fferyllt
NoEffenCllue
NoEffenCllue
Goon
NoEffenCllue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by NoEffenCllue »

In post 206, Aeris wrote:
I want to see neros response to the case before I say anything.

So, tip is a super newbie who might just not know how to play mafia. Not an insult by the way, just an observation. My reason for voting him might not be valid.

I'd happily lynch the maestro slot though. I don't trust this much thread avoidance.

UNVOTE:

I'll get back to this tomorrow.
Your thoughts?

- fferyllt
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by Sugar Cain »

Because everything you say and do screams scum to me and I can't figure out if it's play-style shit.

V/LA until tuesday

~Sugar
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 223, TheIrishPope wrote: I do not find them scummy, I only find them not townie. And dunno, she's been fence-sitting the entire game,
Do you know what fence-sitting means? Going after someone immediately is not fence-sitting. Thinking you were scum because you made a scum post, but then realizing that you so mind numbingly new that you just might not know what you're doing at all, and therefore might not be scum is not fence-sitting. That's called actually trying to get a read on someone. Waiting to see someone's reaction to get a better read is not fence-sitting. So you might want to not use words when you don't know what they mean. Just a tip.

Oh and just so you know, giving a reads list and doing nothing else, is not actually scumhunting so you might want to stop tooting your own horn when you haven't been doing anything.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

In post 230, Aeris wrote:
In post 223, TheIrishPope wrote: I do not find them scummy, I only find them not townie. And dunno, she's been fence-sitting the entire game,
Do you know what fence-sitting means? Going after someone immediately is not fence-sitting. Thinking you were scum because you made a scum post, but then realizing that you so mind numbingly new that you just might not know what you're doing at all, and therefore might not be scum is not fence-sitting. That's called actually trying to get a read on someone. Waiting to see someone's reaction to get a better read is not fence-sitting. So you might want to not use words when you don't know what they mean. Just a tip.

Oh and just so you know, giving a reads list and doing nothing else, is not actually scumhunting so you might want to stop tooting your own horn when you haven't been doing anything.
Hmm...
This response is interesting.
It did seem to me that you were choosing your moments and being opportunistic to strike, but now I kinda see them coming from town. I am not doing anything else at the moment; people are catching up and barely posting. For example, you are not scum. So I now have new insight and I can look into other people.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 155, NoEffenCllue wrote:Sugar Cain initially caught our eye because although they had made a fair number of posts compared to other players, we could see nothing in those posts that reflected a town motivation. Cain comes off almost trollish, and Mara looks uncomfortable to my eye. There is no effort to make this hydra look seamless, which is something I've noticed she takes pride in doing with other hydras, to the point where she gets angry about being addressed by her main name. And in post #57 Mara put down a vote on a pitifully easy lynch candidate, TIP.
from what I know of Nero, he tends to be rather aggressive and trollish when town. if he's not engaged and putting himself out there, he's less likely to be town.
NEC wrote: Post #81 jumps to a conclusion about the reason for our vote, calling it a piggy-back Though a little more sophisticated than the garden variety, this post reeks of OMGUS.
OMGUS isn't a scum tell. What bothered me and I'll have to go back and check the argument is that he suspected you guys I think for piggy-backing, but didn't say anything when Empking followed me onto TNE.
NEC wrote: Post #85 comes off...creepy. "I want to kill", not "I want to vote" or "I want to lynch". It's usually a scum mindset that phrases things this way IME.
This isn't an alignment tell. it's a personality tell.
NEC wrote: Post #90 he reiterates the false reasoning about our vote decision.

We spar for a couple more posts, and then Cain disappears. And we hear nothing from Sugar Cain until nearly 48 hours later.

Post 129 is then made by Mara. The tone of this post is conciliatory. It comes off as a buddying effort to me, and I was the ostensible target, with maybe a little divide and conquer thrown in for good measure. And she moves their vote off us an back onto TIP.

I called Mara on her claim that I was playing to my town meta.

She came back with stuff about subtle meta, claiming that my "paranoia" was familiar from the polygamy game. And yes, I was paranoid in that game. I was playing with a bunch of people for the first time, and I didn't like the nightless game format. In this game, I am not a cloud of free floating paranoia. I am focused right now on one slot that first raised my suspicions, and then did not disappoint once the chase was up.
I'd have to check to see if Nero was posting on site during that time. I dont really know much about MM, but this is a fair assessment.

The rest of it is fine. Some of this are good arguments against Sugar Cain, but there are some holes. I did like how Nero responded to some of the case, but I hate that he hasn't been really aggressive this game and going after people. He should be having a field day with TIP and TNE and he's not. That worries me the most.

I think the case makes you guys more likely town, and their response and lack of engagement really on the meh side.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 155, NoEffenCllue wrote:Sugar Cain initially caught our eye because although they had made a fair number of posts compared to other players, we could see nothing in those posts that reflected a town motivation. Cain comes off almost trollish, and Mara looks uncomfortable to my eye. There is no effort to make this hydra look seamless, which is something I've noticed she takes pride in doing with other hydras, to the point where she gets angry about being addressed by her main name. And in post #57 Mara put down a vote on a pitifully easy lynch candidate, TIP.
from what I know of Nero, he tends to be rather aggressive and trollish when town. if he's not engaged and putting himself out there, he's less likely to be town.
NEC wrote: Post #81 jumps to a conclusion about the reason for our vote, calling it a piggy-back Though a little more sophisticated than the garden variety, this post reeks of OMGUS.
OMGUS isn't a scum tell. What bothered me and I'll have to go back and check the argument is that he suspected you guys I think for piggy-backing, but didn't say anything when Empking followed me onto TNE.
NEC wrote: Post #85 comes off...creepy. "I want to kill", not "I want to vote" or "I want to lynch". It's usually a scum mindset that phrases things this way IME.
This isn't an alignment tell. it's a personality tell.
NEC wrote: Post #90 he reiterates the false reasoning about our vote decision.

We spar for a couple more posts, and then Cain disappears. And we hear nothing from Sugar Cain until nearly 48 hours later.

Post 129 is then made by Mara. The tone of this post is conciliatory. It comes off as a buddying effort to me, and I was the ostensible target, with maybe a little divide and conquer thrown in for good measure. And she moves their vote off us an back onto TIP.

I called Mara on her claim that I was playing to my town meta.

She came back with stuff about subtle meta, claiming that my "paranoia" was familiar from the polygamy game. And yes, I was paranoid in that game. I was playing with a bunch of people for the first time, and I didn't like the nightless game format. In this game, I am not a cloud of free floating paranoia. I am focused right now on one slot that first raised my suspicions, and then did not disappoint once the chase was up.
I'd have to check to see if Nero was posting on site during that time. I dont really know much about MM, but this is a fair assessment.

The rest of it is fine. Some of this are good arguments against Sugar Cain, but there are some holes. I did like how Nero responded to some of the case, but I hate that he hasn't been really aggressive this game and going after people. He should be having a field day with TIP and TNE and he's not. That worries me the most.

I think the case makes you guys more likely town, and their response and lack of engagement really on the meh side.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 231, TheIrishPope wrote: Hmm...
This response is interesting.
It did seem to me that you were choosing your moments and being opportunistic to strike, but now I kinda see them coming from town. I am not doing anything else at the moment; people are catching up and barely posting. For example, you are not scum. So I now have new insight and I can look into other people.
Nah.

The thing with TNE was flimsy. I really don't like the "HONESTLY" part and it rubs me the wrong way, but I pushed it to see his reaction and others reactions. I don't like his reaction in that he just complained about votes on him and hasn't really done anything.

When someone makes a case on someone else, unless you have a solid read on the casee, it's good to not comment on it and let the person respond to the case. If you see holes in the case, that person is just going to emphasize those points you've already made, and if you're in doubt it's good to see what they say on their own. I was hoping Nero's reaction to the case would help me with my read, and it made me think for a second he's a little more likely to be town, but his not really doing a whole lot else is worrying me.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

Is there anyone else who kind of bothers you in their play?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by Maestro »

@RachMarie: apologies, another player in this game has personal issues with my continued presence here. Since they have been incapable of resolving these issues from their side, they have stubbornly and immaturely insisted I replace out. Rather than disrupt the flow of the game with a continued personal argument on the subject, I believe it is best that I do so.

/replace out

Go town
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

Jesus Christ, people. You are members of an elite community. How can you degrade players in this manner? If you can't set aside a personal problem, this site is not for you. Do us all a favor and resolve your stupid mindset immediately.
This goes not only to Maestro's acquaintance, but to everyone else for future reference. I apologise if any feelings have been hurt, but remember that we are all a community, a family, and if you consistently attack a person, you should get out of here.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Thread is locked temporarily whilst I sort things out. Asking some points of the Listmod so this may take a day or two, sorry for the inconvenience.

I also want to echo the words of TIP personality conflicts should be left at the door and not affect the game, however I do understand we are all human. Still we are all adults or most of us are and the rest are fairly bright and usually mature teens, and we should be able to play a game without resorting to insults or vendettas. --Rach
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:00 am

Post by RachMarie »

BBmolla replaces Maestro immediately, Please keep any clashes out of the game and just play the game thanks ... Rach
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:03 am

Post by BBmolla »

hola drama queens

Showering then reading
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:04 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

Alright people, let's get this rolling.
Welcome, BBmolla.

In post 235, TheIrishPope wrote:Is there anyone else who kind of bothers you in their play?
Restating my question for Aeris.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 240, BBmolla wrote:hola drama king
FIFY!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 232, Aeris wrote:but didn't say anything when Empking followed me onto TNE.
Emp plays like this regardless of alignment so he's nothing more then a shot in the dark.
In post 232, Aeris wrote:I'd have to check to see if Nero was posting on site during that time
I was but I don't see a difference between this and NEC going long periods of time without responding to me.
In post 233, Aeris wrote:He should be having a field day with TIP and TNE and he's not
Why should I? In my qt TNE was one of the 4 players that I listed as possible lynch candidates today. Mara claims this looks more like his town play then his scum play and I haven't researched him yet. On TIP, I don't even know what the case on him is. I've asked Mara to summarize it for me but you are anyone can do that for me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 232, Aeris wrote:but didn't say anything when Empking followed me onto TNE.
Emp plays like this regardless of alignment so he's nothing more then a shot in the dark.
In post 232, Aeris wrote:I'd have to check to see if Nero was posting on site during that time
I was but I don't see a difference between this and NEC going long periods of time without responding to me.
In post 233, Aeris wrote:He should be having a field day with TIP and TNE and he's not
Why should I? In my qt TNE was one of the 4 players that I listed as possible lynch candidates today. Mara claims this looks more like his town play then his scum play and I haven't researched him yet. On TIP, I don't even know what the case on him is. I've asked Mara to summarize it for me but you are anyone can do that for me.

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:59 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 36, thenewearth wrote:I HONESTLY didn't know that empking was a part of this game ._.

Well this will be fun
What a shit post.
In post 42, TheIrishPope wrote:Well, let's get discussion started to do just that, Sugar.
Hello everyone, I am TheIrishPope! You may call me Irish, Pope, TIP, or any new nickname.
Question: Lynch All Liars, yay or nay?
What a shittier post. "Let's stop dicking around and instead go off topic so we don't scumhunt!"
In post 49, TheIrishPope wrote:Well, if no one wants to talk, I'll play some Pokémon.
If you don't post in 30 hours u is scumz.
People are answering your shitty question, how does this mean no one wants to talk?
In post 51, Sugar Cain wrote:Also, we should play Civ V on steam one day Maestro.
As Maestro 2.0 I'm down.

Cool Emp is actually probably town this game
In post 75, NoEffenCllue wrote:
In post 74, TheIrishPope wrote:I think only Maestro and Shana have not posted much...
What's up with that?
hmm

- f
Why is it everyone's goal this game to completely shitpost I don't get it.

NEC's attack on Sugar Cain screams bullshit.
In post 105, Empking wrote:
In post 104, TheIrishPope wrote:This game is getting to a halt. I want to see some discussion.
I voted tne for shits and giggles. I'll retract my vote when we get serious, don't worry.
Bad posting.
^^
In post 127, TheIrishPope wrote:I don't have reads, again, because no one is posting. I can't formulate reads out of thin air.
BUT THEY ARE KID. THERE IS PLENTY OF SHIT GOING ON, ALL YOUVE BEEN DOING IS POSTING ABOUT HOW NOTHING IS GOING ON.
In post 129, TheIrishPope wrote:But do you have proof?
LOL

NoEffenClue has a scumread on someone for townreading them. I've heard of some bs reasoning but... wow... that tops it.
In post 163, NoEffenCllue wrote:TIP stop posting.

Its like you are asking to be lynched every time you post.

I dont think you are scum because you are always like this.

-i
Scum coaching

NoEffenClue guiding TIP on how to fake scumhunt

Fake conversation between them

NoEffinClue/TIP

Game solved

What's the votecount
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 10:00 am

Post by BBmolla »

If I'm wrong about one of those, Shana is another possibility, I don't really remember her at all.

Have pretty solid townreads on everyone else.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why is it scum coaching vs. scum trying to buddy a townie?

Also, do you even actually have civ v?

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 10:05 am

Post by BBmolla »

Yeah I do.

Aren't you supposed to be hydra'd dood

I don't understand the first question, clarify as if I was five.
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 10:06 am

Post by Sugar Cain »

In post 242, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 240, BBmolla wrote:hola drama king
FIFY!!!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”