Micro 177: Goonies Mafia - GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by Shadi1337 »

I was actually trying to help him, maybe he had some good reads but just too afraid to come out. >_>
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Mac -
Yates
FuDuzn -
Selkies - Torcinator (L-4)
Empking - Yates, Mac, FuDuzn (L-2)

Aafter
RachMarie - Shadi1337, (L-4)
Torcinator - Selkies, Aafter (L-3)
Shadi1337 - RachMarie, Empking (L-3)

Not Voting - nobody

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

deadline is in (expired on 2013-05-30 09:23:39)
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Shadi1337 »

VOTE: Empking

Also, don't do the last vote on him, give him a little time to explain maybe a day. This is just for him to realise he's on thin ice.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by RachMarie »

You just put Empking at L-1 for OMGUS??? :facepalm:
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by Shadi1337 »

In post 278, RachMarie wrote:You just put Empking at L-1 for OMGUS??? :facepalm:
Work is done well under pressure, if somebody grabs the chance to lynch him off right now he'd be worth squeezing information out next.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 278, RachMarie wrote:You just put Empking at L-1 for OMGUS??? :facepalm:
Why do you think it's for OMGUS?

- fery
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 270, Mac wrote:
In post 152, Empking wrote:I think scum would have reacted more to this Shadi thing if Shadi's scum.
In post 266, Empking wrote:
Unvote
Vote: shadi
can I have an explanation when you're ready empking.
Scum hadn't reacted by 152. They had by 266. You're quoting posts over 100 posts apart, what is true at 266 is not necessary the case at 152.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by Mac »

What sort of posts point to scum reactions? And how do you expect me to be able to understand if your reads have changed if you don't say they have?
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by Selkies »

I think empking is town

The fact that Yates and Fudu are on empking's wagon is supporting my hypothesis

As far as I'm concerned

Yates/Fudu/Shadi/Torcinator <-here lie good lynches
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by Mac »

UNVOTE:

kinda agree with you on Yates, Shadi and Torc. Would maybe through Rach in there. Unvoting whilst I wait for Emp's answer. I didn't like that 180 by any means.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by Selkies »

I think Fudu is scum

Lets talk about that
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Post by Mac »

What's the case? His Empking vote had shades of opportunism in it, I can see that much.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by Selkies »

ISO his last five posts and comment please

And then go ahead and note the amount of content before
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 282, Mac wrote:What sort of posts point to scum reactions? And how do you expect me to be able to understand if your reads have changed if you don't say they have?
If I say someone is town and then vote them my reads have changed.

THe anarchy that's in the current votes looks to me like something caused by an insidious active scum presence - if town caused I'd expected it be easier to name names for the causes.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 206, FuDuzn wrote:Well, clearly by my last post I still thought I was voting Torc.

But, good idea.
VOTE: Shadi

And you can entertain the idea of me being scum all you want, but you still haven't answered why I haven't been pro town so far.
Called out for not voting by yourself, instantly votes Shadi. Possibly did this to please you and keep you off his back? Hmmm. Shadi is a bit of an easyish target too.
In post 208, FuDuzn wrote:So I guess you have me completely figured out after playing one game with me where I was lynched on Day 1?

And may I remind you, no one really thought I was pro town in that game as well.
VOTE: Selkies
This is like an omgus
In post 210, FuDuzn wrote:Manatee

-Fud
Fluff
In post 254, FuDuzn wrote:Torc, you won't be quick hammered. Your worry should be about finding scum and stop worrying about how you appear.

And Goddammit Shadi, why you make me do this?
VOTE: Shadi
Kinda weird that he waited til below to explain this vote especially since Shadi was just asking for reads...
In post 274, FuDuzn wrote:My vote on Shadi is a bit about my failed town tell on him, and how he is going after Torc a bit. In a way it is more of a warning shot to him(and no that wasn't a vig soft claim lol).

And Mac, that is a good point about Empking......a really good point actually.
VOTE: Empking
Emp vote. Shades of opportunism. Possibly just agrees with what I saw wrt his 180. I *could* entertain FuDu scum I guess but I wanna wait for an emp reply and FuDu's reply to this before reconsidering anything.

Quoting and summarising on a phone is very annoying too.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by Selkies »

So I mean I don't find it believable that Fudu had to wait on your post to vote emp

I mean it wasn't even that good of a post
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 288, Empking wrote:
In post 282, Mac wrote:What sort of posts point to scum reactions? And how do you expect me to be able to understand if your reads have changed if you don't say they have?
If I say someone is town and then vote them my reads have changed.

THe anarchy that's in the current votes looks to me like something caused by an insidious active scum presence - if town caused I'd expected it be easier to name names for the causes.
It's not hard to post some words along with your vote rather than just do a complete 180 with no posts in between that and the last one you made from you.

Thank you for explaining though.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 290, Selkies wrote:So I mean I don't find it believable that Fudu had to wait on your post to vote emp

I mean it wasn't even that good of a post
Well it was pointing out a stark change in his reads without reasoning... Sure there had been posts in between but emp didn't specify. So either Fu didn't realise or waited for someone else to take the flack.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 1:16 am

Post by FuDuzn »

I didn't realize that he had contradicted himself until Mac pointed it out, and with the relative lack of activity from him I thought it was pretty damning and at the very least should shine the light bright on him.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:04 am

Post by Yates »

UNVOTE: Empking

I didn't realize I still had my RVS vote out there.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:09 am

Post by Yates »

In post 293, FuDuzn wrote:with the relative lack of activity from him I thought it was pretty damning
Why is Empking's "relative lack of activity" any more "damning" than mine? Also, since when is low activity on day 1 a scum indicator? If anything, the lynch all lurkers bs policy being pushed on Day 1 is more likely to come from scum than Town. I'm going to go back and review and vote for the person pushing this the hardest.
Please pm me to pre-in
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:39 am

Post by FuDuzn »

You completely missed my greater point, and trust me I hate 'lynch all lurkers'.

He wasn't active AND and popped in to make a vote with no reason that contradicted his previous read. If he was active we could have seen how he changed his read and a vote like that would seem ok. But a vote like that with not even a little explanation is bad.

Don't twist my words please.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:46 am

Post by Yates »

Scum Suspect #1 - Selkies
In post 186, Selkies wrote:Yate's post kinda made me think he could be unmotivated scum.
Could Selkies be:
In post 54, Selkies wrote:Scum? Going after low hanging fruit?
Just because I'm distracted doesn't mean I'm going to let this kind of garbage fly. Go find a game where I have been unmotivated scum.

I'll wait.

Actually, I'd be waiting forever because it doesn't exist. With that out of the way, your "unmotivated scum" theory is quite a reach. I guarantee you I can find no fewer than 5 examples of unmotivated Town for any examples of unmotivated scum you can find. I don't think this exercise is necesary since I think everyone here knows I'm right but I'd be willing to do it for my last few completed games just as a fact check.

Here's a flip. Selkies has 98 posts. That's more than twice as many as the next closest has [Torc with 42]. Overactive impatient scum? MUCH more likely than the inverse.
In post 283, Selkies wrote:Yates/Fudu/Shadi/Torcinator <-here lie good lynches
I also like how your "good lynches" lie in the two biggest lurkers [ie. the lowest information lynches] a newb, and an easy wagon. Opportunistic scum, per chance?

I'm not liking Selkies. At all.

Scum Suspect #2 - Torcinator

I'm not even going to quote Torc. This ISO is just a wishy washy pile of mostly nothing. I can say that he doesn't appear to be sophisticated enough to be running a bus. So if Selkies is scum, I don't *THINK* Torc is. The self-meta to off site games is weak. Again, that's not a clear scum indicator as it is equally likely to come from newish poor Town play [for this site, Torc - no offense]. His posting is impossible to read in either direction and that always makes me feel uncomfortable. So he's going to sit on the scummy side of Town until we get Selkies' alignment determined.

Scum Suspect #3 - Shadi
In post 14, Shadi1337 wrote:My name is Shadi so I'm scum.
This is not how you introduce yourself to a new playerset. Now you know.
In post 14, Shadi1337 wrote:I would like to know why Yates says "you know why" but I assume it's an intern joke
And now you know not to insert yourself into an inside joke - especially during RVS.
In post 89, Shadi1337 wrote:Whose idea was it to protect noobs in this game in the first place?
Thanks for letting us know you are not a noob. We will be expecting a higher level of play from you from here on out. Now we know that when you make these mistakes in the future they are by design and should be used in determining your level of scumminess.
In post 126, Shadi1337 wrote:I'm saying that I'm not making an attempt to wagon on you, but if a wagon was to happen I wouldn't jump off from it
And now that we have determined you are not a noob you understand why this post is scummy, right?
In post 132, Shadi1337 wrote:
In post 131, Selkies wrote:Unfortunate that you're now going to be lynched for it isn't it
I rather be lynched for it than being given pity.
And since you're not a noob you understand why this would be a terrible post if you were actually Town, right?
In post 156, Shadi1337 wrote:you guys are too busy tunneling me instead of lurkers.
And since you aren't a noob you understand why trying to kill your wagon by directing people towards lurkers is scummy as hell, right?
In post 277, Shadi1337 wrote:Also, don't do the last vote on him, give him a little time to explain maybe a day. This is just for him to realise he's on thin ice.
And since you're not a noob you understand why putting someone you don't want lynched at L-1 is scummy as hell as well, right?

The good news here is if Shadi flips scum, Empking is likely Town.

At this point I'm deciding between Selkies and Shadi. I'll wait for their responses to this post before making my final determination.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:49 am

Post by Yates »

In post 296, FuDuzn wrote:Don't twist my words please.
I obviously didn't twist your words. I merely stated my opinion on how your actions looked from my perspective. Frankly, you didn't make the ACTIVE lurking portion of your argument clear enough. That's a much more reasonable argument.

What are your thoughts on Selkies and Shadi given my post 297?
Please pm me to pre-in
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:14 am

Post by FuDuzn »

Ya sorry that was needlessly defensive on my part, after I re read my original post I was a bit vague on that..

But I mean, why can't you just read my mind?

And to answer your question, the only three people I would vote at this juncture would be empking, selkies, or shadi. Shadis seems to be somewhat trying to bait us into lynching him as a bit of wifom.

And the way selkies is using meta from a previous game to think I am scum is very iffy to me. Almost more of a gut read with them though.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”