borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 10:32 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.10

[3] Aj The Epic (Nachomamma8, Mac, orcinus_theoriginal)
[3] Ghostlin (Svenskt Stål, TiphaineDeath, Varsoon)
[2] TMTOLBTWNTOF (Ghostlin, Aj The Epic)
[2] Varsoon (Sajin, Cabd)
[1] ² (Andrius)
[1] BeautyAndTheBeast (Metal Sonic)

[8] Not Voting (dntfkingcare, jon_h61, RachMarie, TMTOLBTWNTOF, ², GuyInFreezer, BeautyAndTheBeast, BROseidon)

With 20 alive, it is 11 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-06-04 10:00:00)

Still searching for a replacement for Svenskt Stål
beefycheese
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 10:37 am

Post by ² »

² wrote:
In post 1296, Aj The Epic wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 874, ² wrote:
In post 568, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:you are the one who will have to deal with buldey
You are probably going to regret this.

- b
In post 880, ² wrote:
In post 579, Nachomamma8 wrote:this game doesn't count, but it will be good for a scum buldey baseline
What can I do to help you stop being an idiot?

- b
In post 928, ² wrote:@Sajin you put down an early vote on varsoon based on his fencesitting(?) re the svenskt role claim stuff. What are your current thoughts?

- f
In post 986, ² wrote:
In post 938, Cabd wrote:Last one, slight scum-lean.
Top three, that was because you guys brought up an outside game and talked shit about it, i'd be pissed too.
This does look like a town response to that question, given the situation.

- b
In post 1135, ² wrote:
In post 1114, Andrius wrote:You know, if we lynched 2 we'd probably save TONS of digital trees in posts and pages.

Unvote, Vote: 2
The difference between the two of us is that my posts are actually easy to quote.

- b
In post 1137, ² wrote:
In post 1130, GuyInFreezer wrote:I don't know about active lurkin' but last time I met his as scum he lurked after talking a bit in early game.
My point is he's explicitly doing so - he isn't pretending to be active or anything like that.

- b

Here are some of the statements that show your reads and some aggressiveness that FF lacks. (I did include a question of hers to show the type of posts I see she has a lot)

Now, here's a question: Going through your iso (third time now), I noticed that you've had plans to vote TD and (more currently), myself. As far as I know, you haven't gotten around to discussing this, or is there some reason you've held off on either of these votes?
Alright, I think I can understand your perspective. If you meta her, and meta me, you'll see that this is due to differences in playstyle, though. I also think that, because I'm generally more aggressive and insulting than her, I get to be that part of the hydra whereas she gets to be the part of the hydra asking questions. Of the two of us, she has done much more meta analysis than I have (in fact, I havn't actively done any yet in this game).

I did indeed want to vote TD, and I personally still think TD is scummy, but f disagrees with me on this and so does orc and Nacho whom I find very likely to be town.

I havn't ISO'ed you yet or looked into the points f and others have made against you, but her and I talked on gchat about you and she told me some stuff that I'' refrain from talking about in details in case she doesn't want me to. We're holding off a vote on you because f wants Nacho to show up.

- b
playing my main account I'm a pretty aggressive player, though my hydra play style has been bleeding over into my solo play. I'm not sure that's a good thing. Time will tell. It's been interesting to sit back, stay in analysis mode mostly, and let the reactions come to me as a hydra. I've wound up playing the quiet(er), diplomatic one in all my hydrae I think. People who know my mafia background well probably think that's hilarious.

mollie and I have a long history of rubbing each other the wrong way in mafia. I would not have taken bets on diplomatic hydra perspective prevailing entirely in this game.

- f
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 10:57 am

Post by ² »

Town:
Nacho
B & B
Orc
Sven
Maybe Vasoon

Scum:
At least one of {TD, GiF, Cabd}
Maybe TMTOL
Maybe AJ (based on f's opinion)

- b
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Wait, your GIF read just changed...
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:18 am

Post by ² »

In post 1303, Aj The Epic wrote:Wait, your GIF read just changed...
Cabd and GiF are in that pile because of my wagon analysis. Both of them have made posts that I have pointed out looks town.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:20 am

Post by ² »

If we go by the hypothesis that GiF and Cabd is town, that reassures my scum read on TD.

- b
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Mac »

buldermar you are being very tentative with your scum reads. And I can't remember you ever being this tentative.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

pretty sure that's my fault.

- f
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:31 am

Post by ² »

In post 1307, fferyllt wrote:pretty sure that's my fault.

- f
damn it.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Mac »

why is it your fault?
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:41 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 1302, ² wrote:Town:
Nacho
B & B
Orc
Sven
Maybe Vasoon

Scum:
At least one of {TD, GiF, Cabd}
Maybe TMTOL
Maybe AJ (based on f's opinion)

- b
how about andrius? you left him out

and sajin

@ mac

its cos they are scum
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Mac »

I was seriously considering that fact mollie.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:50 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1297, BROseidon wrote:@Ghost: Do you really find letters scummier than other players that you have scumreads on? Scummier than the other players who are currently under pressure? What is your current read on Varsoon?
First question: Yes and no. He's not the worst offender, no doubt about that, but he's responded pretty poorly to pressure. And no one's called him on it.

My biggest thing right now is he's posted a reads list, called a number of people varying degrees of scum and hasn't even bothered to place a single vote yet. That's not just fence sitting, that's extreme fence sitting. He should be getting an ass rash from the board so far up his butt.

He's willing to call me and others scummy, but isn't willing to back it up with any kind of stance.
And it's frustrating me that the only other player that sees it:

1) is someone I'm completely ambivalent on my read of
2) thinks I'm scum.

A lot of people on my scum list are people who are gliding through this game. I'll own that right now. I also see no need to accelerate any wagon at this point with the amount of time left in the game. And my reads haven't changed a whole lot because of that, but I'll talk about a read I'm struggling with in the next part of this post.

Question 2: Yes, Letters is scummier than most other players under pressure. He's scummier than me, for example. AJ's got a bit more history to his reads, for example, and I don't think we'll get more out of TD. (Who I don't get muitiple player's reads on, but OK.) I'm not really contemplating either hydra for scum, not a lot has stuck out about either one of them that's makes me go 'wow, that's incredibly scummy.' He may not have been worse than Sven under pressure, but Sven was the type of bad (note I didn't say scummy) that only town can be that orgasmically, horribly bad.

Question 3: Are you in for a fucking treat. I'm going to let you in my head. There are two things warring here. Town reads and scum reads.

The town reads are that Vashoon seems to be an attention whore, being in the middle of everything. He's hard to ignore (even though Orc faked shooting him) and generally if you're annoying and kind of attention whorish, you tend to be town.

The second read is his love of reaction tests. I don't like reaction tests. Generally, they crap up the thread and you lynch someone who's innocent. I can give you at least one good example of reaction test gone horribly wrong. Generally, however, the people who execute them are Town, however I'm sure scum love their fallout because there's nothing better to scum than a lynch on a player that might not fucking suck.

However, the majority of the time, they're executed by players who are predominately Town.

On the OTHER side of the street, he does things that aren't in Town's interest or don't help Town scum hunt at fucking all.

The Orc reaction test in 676, 678, 679 did nothing but confirm one player's alignment and potentially was an attempt to discredit a protown player was leading Town. Now, I'm a fan of PoE as much as the next guy, but confirming townies is not as good as finding scum. And since Orc 'passed' the test, scum know at least one protown player they can shoot at. (Also, at the end of the day, we only have Vashoon's word that pushing Orc was a reaction test.)

He went on a clip about how awesome it would be to be a dayvig--which is not right reaction to being shot. He should of posted reads. Yes, Orc's 'shot' seems a bit obvious, but why would you leave anything to fucking chance?

His last post is crap, and he's said things like 'if Ghostlin was here, I'd vote him'. When has that stopped anyone from voting anyone, particularly since the number of people who magically appear after their name is mentioned?

He is, at the moment, still leaning scum for me, but I don't think he's the play of the day unless we get closer to deadline.

Here's why: There are people who are active lurking, and lurking (and not scum hunting) that scum will happily keep around for us so we can hit conversation roadblocks and generally be as fucking useless as herpes in the last days of the game. Day 1 is a good time to find an active lurking scum and hang him, hence my obsession with that and letters.

Vashoon is unlikely to ever shut up. Particularly if it pisses off Orc, which has seemed to be the primary goal of his game up until now. I don't particularly want him around, but there are other fish we can be frying.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:50 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1297, BROseidon wrote:@Ghost: Do you really find letters scummier than other players that you have scumreads on? Scummier than the other players who are currently under pressure? What is your current read on Varsoon?
First question: Yes and no. He's not the worst offender, no doubt about that, but he's responded pretty poorly to pressure. And no one's called him on it.

My biggest thing right now is he's posted a reads list, called a number of people varying degrees of scum and hasn't even bothered to place a single vote yet. That's not just fence sitting, that's extreme fence sitting. He should be getting an ass rash from the board so far up his butt.

He's willing to call me and others scummy, but isn't willing to back it up with any kind of stance.

2) thinks I'm scum.

A lot of people on my scum list are people who are gliding through this game. I'll own that right now. I also see no need to accelerate any wagon at this point with the amount of time left in the game. And my reads haven't changed a whole lot because of that, but I'll talk about a read I'm struggling with in the next part of this post.

Question 2: Yes, Letters is scummier than most other players under pressure. He's scummier than me, for example. AJ's got a bit more history to his reads, for example, and I don't think we'll get more out of TD. (Who I don't get muitiple player's reads on, but OK.) I'm not really contemplating either hydra for scum, not a lot has stuck out about either one of them that's makes me go 'wow, that's incredibly scummy.' He may not have been worse than Sven under pressure, but Sven was the type of bad (note I didn't say scummy) that only town can be that orgasmically, horribly bad.

Question 3: Are you in for a fucking treat. I'm going to let you in my head. There are two things warring here. Town reads and scum reads.

The town reads are that Vashoon seems to be an attention whore, being in the middle of everything. He's hard to ignore (even though Orc faked shooting him) and generally if you're annoying and kind of attention whorish, you tend to be town.

The second read is his love of reaction tests. I don't like reaction tests. Generally, they crap up the thread and you lynch someone who's innocent. I can give you at least one good example of reaction test gone horribly wrong. Generally, however, the people who execute them are Town, however I'm sure scum love their fallout because there's nothing better to scum than a lynch on a player that might not fucking suck.

However, the majority of the time, they're executed by players who are predominately Town.

On the OTHER side of the street, he does things that aren't in Town's interest or don't help Town scum hunt at fucking all.

The Orc reaction test in 676, 678, 679 did nothing but confirm one player's alignment and potentially was an attempt to discredit a protown player was leading Town. Now, I'm a fan of PoE as much as the next guy, but confirming townies is not as good as finding scum. And since Orc 'passed' the test, scum know at least one protown player they can shoot at. (Also, at the end of the day, we only have Vashoon's word that pushing Orc was a reaction test.)

He went on a clip about how awesome it would be to be a dayvig--which is not right reaction to being shot. He should of posted reads. Yes, Orc's 'shot' seems a bit obvious, but why would you leave anything to fucking chance?

His last post is crap, and he's said things like 'if Ghostlin was here, I'd vote him'. When has that stopped anyone from voting anyone, particularly since the number of people who magically appear after their name is mentioned?

He is, at the moment, still leaning scum for me, but I don't think he's the play of the day unless we get closer to deadline.

Here's why: There are people who are active lurking, and lurking (and not scum hunting) that scum will happily keep around for us so we can hit conversation roadblocks and generally be as fucking useless as herpes in the last days of the game. Day 1 is a good time to find an active lurking scum and hang him, hence my obsession with that and letters.

Vashoon is unlikely to ever shut up. Particularly if it pisses off Orc, which has seemed to be the primary goal of his game up until now. I don't particularly want him around, but there are other fish we can be frying.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:50 am

Post by Ghostlin »

2) thinks I'm scum.

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:51 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Oh, that's just fucking grand.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1309, Mac wrote:why is it your fault?
Because I'm hanging fire on a couple of things, and disagree about TD.

Andrius is quite firmly in my town pile.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:53 am

Post by ² »

In post 1316, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1309, Mac wrote:why is it your fault?
Because I'm hanging fire on a couple of things, and disagree about TD.

Andrius is quite firmly in my town pile.
jesus christ I'm sucking at browsers today.

- f
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Mac »

why are you hanging fire?

I still don't think that should effect how cautious buldermar is. it's out of character.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by ² »

It mostly has to do with Nacho's read on AJ.

- f
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by Mac »

the scum read? what makes you feel aj is town?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

1270: looks faker than Heidi montag's boobs
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by ² »

If I had a town read on AJ I'd be arguing pretty strongly against that wagon. I get stubborn about my town reads. I even get stubborn about my null reads, though I do compromise.

- f
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 1321, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:1270: looks faker than Heidi montag's boobs
hey what do you make of ghostlin acting like that towards TMT person but not 2, who has a similar scenario ongoing? (reads/not voting)
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 1322, ² wrote:If I had a town read on AJ I'd be arguing pretty strongly against that wagon. I get stubborn about my town reads. I even get stubborn about my null reads, though I do compromise.

- f
I don't feel like this is a legitimate answer to my question so I'll try again. what about Nacho's read on AJ is making you hold back?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”