NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Desperado »

Bulb, you aren't trying to teach me anything, that's the problem. You've never approached this situation from the perspective of "I'm town, Desp might be town, let me teach him why he's wrong and I'm right." You started with the premise that I had scumslipped and attacked me, repeatedly. So if your intent was to show me the error of my ways, you failed...if it was to provoke a reaction from me that you could use to paint me as scummy, then you succeeded.

And the best part is, let's say you had approached it that way...I don't have to agree with you! You are not the arbiter of what things mean. The site meta regarding what it means when someone says confirmation bias vs. scummily tunneling someone is irrelevant when we are only considering this individual case, in which I was 100% transparent by what I meant when I said Nacho was resorting to confirmation bias, and was not unwittingly admitting that I knew he was town.

I am allowed to believe that scum can use confirmation bias (a logical fallacy, which I'm sure you're aware, and thus not a valuable scumhunting tool for a town player that hopes to actually lynch scum) in the process of securing the MLs necessary for them to win. The notion that only town players are capable of exhibiting confirmation bias
baffles me.

With that said, you are allowed to (wrongly) lynch me for thinking that because of whatever experience you have that says that I slipped. When I flip town maybe you'll recalibrate your tells.
Red Ryu
Red Ryu
Goon
Red Ryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by Red Ryu »

In post 2292, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2287, Red Ryu wrote:
In post 2284, Oversoul wrote:Ryu, why were you so fixated on the fact that I was voting you when you were supporting me earlier?
You haven't been moving your vote around, it was sitting on me for the longest time with really no sense of direction anywhere else in terms of what you were looking at.
Why me in particular? Thor hadn't moved his vote up to that point either.
I know where he was coming from and saw his reasoning, hense town.

Not you.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by Bacde »

votes on nacho guys

guys

seriously

guys listen

guys

listen to me seriously

guys

hey guys seriously

hey listen cmon guys

seriously

vote nacho
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2352, Bacde wrote:votes on nacho guys

guys

seriously

guys listen

guys

listen to me seriously

guys

hey guys seriously

hey listen cmon guys

seriously

vote nacho
When did Navi start playing this game?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2332, Desperado wrote:
In post 2330, Kublai Khan wrote:Does anyone else fellow the desperado/thezmon/cephrir debate is kinda going nowhere?
Start talking about something else, then.

Maybe why you're still on the BS slot when there is support for your OS case.
Because I'm happy lynching either Oversoul or Baby Spice/penguin_alien. The latter wagon is much bigger than the former.
In post 2345, EddieFenix wrote:NOPE. I am not giving mafia ANY insight.
How about giving town some insight and actually VOTE for somebody?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:Nacho
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2244, Bacde wrote:I'd say my biggest problem isn't finding the scum

its being manipulated by the scum after I've found them
You just need to figure out when you're right and when you're wrong.
In post 2245, PeregrineV wrote:How I interpret it is less important than how you do. If you are lynched and town, we have honest info. If you are not town, we have info.

It also let's me achieve dual interest in the thread, both back and front.
That's reasonable enough. Bacde is voting me for meta reasons, Desperado voted me without reasoning initially and then made a case on me for bullshit fucking reasons that I've talked about far too much already, Nero is probably still voting me for yelling at him for attacking mollie and her meta tells, Seanald's following Bacde, I've tried many times to understand CTD's reasons but he's too fucking lurky for me to nail them down and question me on them, Slandaar was voting me because he thought my position on massclaim was faked, Baby was voting me earlier because Bacde said he was bussing me and he only does that as scum, apparently, B&B also meta reasons, AK for god knows why (apparently because they were following mollie, but that's sure as shit not what they said originally, Red Ryu because he didn't like my oversoul push.
In post 2268, Desperado wrote:Yes, because Nacho's reads w/r/t our slots were different when our play dictated otherwise.
have you and CTD played exactly the same?
no.
More to the point:
What are you saying with the second quote.
In post 2292, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2287, Red Ryu wrote:
In post 2284, Oversoul wrote:Ryu, why were you so fixated on the fact that I was voting you when you were supporting me earlier?
You haven't been moving your vote around, it was sitting on me for the longest time with really no sense of direction anywhere else in terms of what you were looking at.
Why me in particular? Thor hadn't moved his vote up to that point either.
You're unbelievably useless.
In post 2326, Desperado wrote:Bottomline: I refuse to accept that scum are incapable of conf bias, and if calling Nacho out for using it in his argument against me gets me lynched then so be it.
Desperado's town.
In post 2341, Bacde wrote:thez is scum, nacho is scum, thor might be scum, eddiefenix is obviously scum w/ nacho

what else is there to say about this game?
thez *might* be scum
every other one of your reads is garbage
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Thor/Bulba/Ceph/Fuzzy and Thez although I prefer the other 4. Nacho said something a while back that is only ever being said if its multiball so lynch him tomorrow if it is otherwise hes town.

Everyone needs to pick one of the 5 named and vote.

Just sheep me now, there has been enough talk.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Post by Slandaar »

OK I have an announcement.

After much consideration I have finally made my decision. I have debated this for days while looking at everyones strengths and weaknesses but I believe the person who would make the best cheerleader for the Thor wagon is Bacde!!!

So congratulations to Bacde! I made the decision as Bacde just had a little bit more experience than all the other applicants and I really needed someone who knows what they are doing; I just don't have time to train you up unfortunately. Sorry to everyone else, I know you all desperately wanted this position but I feel Bacde is the correct choice here.

Bacde you start work today! Make the Thor lynch happen.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:24 am

Post by Slandaar »

Bulbazak is scum because he reads so fake and all he does is argue with the person in question which for the most part is Desperado but can also been seen in Om/HD he doesn't try to convince you ie the rest of us they are scum he tries to convince them ie Om/HD and Desperado he is right.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:43 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 437, Bulbazak wrote: How do you know that mafia didn't silence him?
Here is a prime example of Bulba's fake posting.

4 days till deadline I expect 12 more votes on Thor by that point.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 1:13 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Okay, so 4 days to deadline.

Slandaar is sitting on a wagon of 1, is asking someone else to champion his wagon, and makes more arguments against someone else (Bulbazak) than the person he is voting.

@Slandaar - Thor665 lynch isn't going to happen if that's your play. Bulbazak wagon isn't going to spring up out of nowhere with that weak ass shit. You are active lurking right now.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 1:29 am

Post by Slandaar »

Think less sheep more KK.

I caught Thor, just sheep me, you don't even need to understand the reasoning you just need to know I am town; I catch scum a lot; I am telling you I caught Thor. Just vote him I will get the lynch to happen.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 2:36 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 2359, Slandaar wrote:Bulbazak is scum because he reads so fake and all he does is argue with the person in question which for the most part is Desperado but can also been seen in Om/HD he doesn't try to convince you ie the rest of us they are scum he tries to convince them ie Om/HD and Desperado he is right.
bingo

I noticed that too
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 2:50 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I literally don't have time to read this game before deadline. Someone just tell me who to vote.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:16 am

Post by Slandaar »

Thor

You have been told, now vote.

You too B&tB lets do this.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Bacde »

no no no

lets get nacho
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:36 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2357, Slandaar wrote:Nacho said something a while back that is only ever being said if its multiball so lynch him tomorrow if it is otherwise hes town.
What did he say?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 5:01 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2366, Bacde wrote:no no no

lets get nacho
You're Fired!

No seriously

Thors day is today

If its not multiball Nacho is town hes not good to lynch today.
In post 2367, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2357, Slandaar wrote:Nacho said something a while back that is only ever being said if its multiball so lynch him tomorrow if it is otherwise hes town.
What did he say?
Nothing anyone else will be able to use for their benefit; the way he views Mac/thez is exactly how I have. And yes that makes him town unless its multiball.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 5:03 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Not caught up yet (shocking, I know, with 90+ pages) but based on more recent posts I'm not seeing Desperado as likely scum, nor does the case on Nachomamma8 track very well to me. Oversoul's 'gambit' strikes me most as a good way for scum to smoke out vigs not necessarily by claims but by reactions. As such, I think it's lousy. It also seems like a calculate risk, in that since it happened so early, any blowback was likely to have passed before a lynch materialized. His posts since then are dodgy, and he isn't coming at this with a consistent mindset:
In post 2106, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2103, Nachomamma8 wrote:We can just lynch Desperado.
I haven't looked at him.
What are his sins?
In post 2285, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2278, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 2249, mastin2 wrote:I checked--we're the third-longest D1 ever on site, and counting. Yay, us?
Oh my god, it's still day one. :facepalm:

Ok if deadline is in 6 days, that might be a bit tight. I see that Desperado, penguin_alien and nachomamma are the three leading votees. Can someone/s be kind enough to explain the cases on each of them?
No wonder I want to kill myself in this game.

:]

VOTE: Oversoul

Slaandar, do you really think Thor665 being nitpicky is indicative of him being scum? From what I've seen of him, he's a serial tunneler who pushes for reactions. It's not very alignment-indicative.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

I suppose I can see how Desp could be flailing town. I think I've been tunneling. He does kind of remind me of the way I flail as town. What do I do when deadline is approaching and I'm not sure about any of the three leading wagons? Seeing as P_A is looking pretty okay for not taking one of the easy ways out of her own possible lynch. I guess I'll pick one of the options I still like.

Unvote, Vote: Haylen

Almost as happy voting Oversoul; would compromise for Desperado, P_A or Thor though I wouldn't be excited about the latter two.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 am

Post by Bacde »

btw Slandaar has become a solidified townread of mine for this page
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 2370, Cephrir wrote:I suppose I can see how Desp could be flailing town. I think I've been tunneling. He does kind of remind me of the way I flail as town. What do I do when deadline is approaching and I'm not sure about any of the three leading wagons? Seeing as P_A is looking pretty okay for not taking one of the easy ways out of her own possible lynch. I guess I'll pick one of the options I still like.

Unvote, Vote: Haylen

Almost as happy voting Oversoul; would compromise for Desperado, P_A or Thor though I wouldn't be excited about the latter two.
Me, penguin, you, Khan, and B&TB would make 5 on OS, which with your unvote would be tied for the lead wagon. Plus, OS (who you are happy to lynch) is also voting Haylen...who seems town so far in the way she's catching up. I don't see scum promising so much future content (#2348) when not following through could easily backfire on them.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:37 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 2371, Bacde wrote:btw Slandaar has become a solidified townread of mine for this page
I don't think Nacho is going to happen today. See here and here for the OS case, and vote for him afterwards.

I agree with you about slandaar.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:43 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 2356, Nachomamma8 wrote:In post 2268, Desperado wrote:Yes, because Nacho's reads w/r/t our slots were different when our play dictated otherwise.

have you and CTD played exactly the same?
no.
I was never trying to argue that we were, I was honestly just trying to understand your process. But point taken.
In post 2356, Nachomamma8 wrote:In post 2326, Desperado wrote:Bottomline: I refuse to accept that scum are incapable of conf bias, and if calling Nacho out for using it in his argument against me gets me lynched then so be it.

Desperado's town.
Yup. Mollie thinks you are too, and I trust her opinion right now.

I know you were/have been reading OS as town but check the two posts linked ^^^^ and tell me what you think (or tell me you've already answered and I'll go find it).
In post 2357, Slandaar wrote:Thor/Bulba/Ceph/Fuzzy and Thez although I prefer the other 4. Nacho said something a while back that is only ever being said if its multiball so lynch him tomorrow if it is otherwise hes town.

Everyone needs to pick one of the 5 named and vote.

Just sheep me now, there has been enough talk.
As I outlined above, OS is absolutely a viable wagon right now. Replace Thor and bulb with OS and Ryu (their "why were you voting me?" aside is fake as fuck imo) and I agree with your list though.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”