Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #1.9:

notscience:
jon_h61, Nobody Special, JuanJuan, AngelInFreezer, JKMatthews (5)
HookerPunch:
Amrun, marcmann2, Aj The Epic, notscience (4)
Amrun:
bubbajack8, fuzzybutternut (2)
bubbajack8:
HookerPunch (1)

Not Voting:
pitoli

With 13 alive, it takes 7 players to reach a lynch.

V/LA:
Mod V/LA from 5/27 to 5/28 for moving back to college and getting internet set-up at the house I'm living at in June. Maestro is the back-up moderator for this game and will take over during that period.

Deadline:
(expired on 2013-06-10 22:45:00)
Last edited by Rob14 on Thu May 23, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

My opinions changed on how people's opinions evolve (or at least what the express evolves). There are plenty of points where I would have asked questions but they're already answered in later posts, or people's points of view are brought more to light.

Don't get me wrong, I think the arguing that's been happening here is a giant waste of time/space, and for
that
I'll be keeping a close eye on those involved, but this game is also pretty good at making egos run wild and I get that.

This game is one of the few where hypocrisy is justifiable, because everyone knows their own alignment. It's also context though. I could take notes as I read, posting massive lists of my play-by-play readthroughs whenever I get the chance to post, or I could say "I've been following, here's what I currently think." That's me being vague. notscience, on the other hand, was completely indignant and sarcastic, then out of nowhere turns around and tries to squeeze some reads out of somewhere...

Ninja'd - I agree that of all the garbage arguing, Amrun seemed to have dodged the most scrutiny. Still, there's a lot of ego coming out there which isn't necessarily scum-motivated...
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Can you give us a few reads, JKM?
bubbajack8
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by bubbajack8 »

In post 226, JKMatthews wrote:My opinions changed on how people's opinions evolve (or at least what the express evolves). There are plenty of points where I would have asked questions but they're already answered in later posts, or people's points of view are brought more to light.

Thank you for clarifying.
In post 226, JKMatthews wrote: This game is one of the few where hypocrisy is justifiable, because everyone knows their own alignment. It's also context though. I could take notes as I read, posting massive lists of my play-by-play readthroughs whenever I get the chance to post, or I could say "I've been following, here's what I currently think." That's me being vague. notscience, on the other hand, was completely indignant and sarcastic, then out of nowhere turns around and tries to squeeze some reads out of somewhere...

So saying, I've been following here's what I think is you being vague? Or did I misread this?
In post 227, Aj The Epic wrote:Can you give us a few reads, JKM?
He did in a sense here.
In post 222, JKMatthews wrote: I'm still not liking fuzzy or bubba, but really I'm letting my dislike of their playstyle get in the way of my scumhunting. If that's how they play either way, it's annoying as shit and I hope they're the night kills tonight, but I need to start looking elsewhere for scum.

In post 222, JKMatthews wrote: notscience gets his back up at the smallest sign of pressure, goes into full sarcasm mode, gets a mention from others, then flips the switch and makes the above post with a few vague reads.

Mostly on me, fuzzy, notscience and Amrun.
In post 225, Rob14 wrote:
Vote Count #1.9:

notscience:
jon_h61, Nobody Special, JuanJuan, bubbajack8, AngelInFreezer, JKMatthews (6)
HookerPunch:
Amrun, marcmann2, Aj The Epic, notscience (4)
bubbajack8:
HookerPunch (1)
Amrun:
fuzzybutternut (1)

Not Voting:
pitoli

With 13 alive, it takes 7 players to reach a lynch.

V/LA:
Mod V/LA from 5/27 to 5/28 for moving back to college and getting internet set-up at the house I'm living at in June. Maestro is the back-up moderator for this game and will take over during that period.

Deadline:
(expired on 2013-06-10 22:45:00)
I voted Amrun in post 171 Notscience is not at L-1
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 228, bubbajack8 wrote:I voted Amrun in post 171 Notscience is not at L-1
All affected vote counts changed. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

His reads weren't definitive of his whole stance, Bubba. When dealing with that, you want hard answers to compare for later, not hidden references to which one can say "It was just a feeling".
marcmann2
marcmann2
Goon
marcmann2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Post by marcmann2 »

Fuzzy, do you still think bubba is scum?
bubbajack8
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by bubbajack8 »

In post 230, Aj The Epic wrote:His reads weren't definitive of his whole stance, Bubba. When dealing with that, you want hard answers to compare for later, not hidden references to which one can say "It was just a feeling".
Gotcha.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 231, marcmann2 wrote:Fuzzy, do you still think bubba is scum?
Yes.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
marcmann2
marcmann2
Goon
marcmann2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by marcmann2 »

And yet you would vote for the same person he is?
bubbajack8
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by bubbajack8 »

Marc, didn't you read AIF saying I have awesome scum bussing tactics?
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

UNVOTE: bubbajack8

I'm willing to excuse his last post that I voted for him for as general panic/noobiness. And, truthfully, I am adamantly against voting for anyone fuzzy has voted for at the moment.

DOTA match incoming--post more in a bit.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

I find fuzzy's behavior more curious right now. I am in the boat still at the moment that he is probably town, but marcmann makes a point that his actions are fairly paradoxical.

Notscience seems fairly defensive, but truthfully, I am ambivalent to policy lynches, since in a game like this, it almost makes half-sense on day one. Otherwise, I don't have much to say. I am not opposed to a ns lynch, but I feel no particular pull just yet towards him.

(P-EDIT: Re-reading his conversation with AiF in the last two pages endears notscience to me less)

Amrun has completely avoided my notice, truthfully. That said, outside of his condescension on the noobs in the game, which is somewhat justifiable, since the noobs(myself included) have said some silly statements in this thread. His contributions have been solid, though, and without some more evidence, I don't support an Amrun lynch just yet.

AiF is fine. They haven't really contributed too much, but acting as the level-headed inquisitor has been useful.

(P-EDIT: I really don't like the AiF-NS conversation on the last page on either end. It feels almost scripted. Not making real acusations yet, but...)

Other people I've either made my opinion on clear, or I have little to say on them.
Just a wraith.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Pitoli has been prodded.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Okay, this is just one of my (many) pet peeves, but: There is a field entitled 'Gender' just below each player's avatar. Amrun does not have a penis, and the proper pronoun in referring to her is either her or she. Thank you.

I'm still liking my vote where it is. notscience is being emotional, which I read as deeply invested in the game, which is something scum tend to do.

But I swear to god, if bubba flips town, fuzzy gets lynched the next day.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 222, JKMatthews wrote:So I work full time... the number of posts I need to catch up on every time I come online is sometimes hard to digest. However, I am reading the whole game, and if I were able to comment amongst some posts I would, but then I read the next 20 and realise a) my opinions had already been expressed or b) have changed.
I also read a hell of a lot of what's been happening as a dick-measuring contest, which really I'm not interested in getting involved in (cos I usually lose them :( )

I'm still not liking fuzzy or bubba, but really I'm letting my dislike of their playstyle get in the way of my scumhunting. If that's how they play either way, it's annoying as shit and I hope they're the night kills tonight, but I need to start looking elsewhere for scum.
I wish I'd been on earlier, because AiF beat me to pointing out the dodgiest thing that's happened yet imo. notscience gets his back up at the smallest sign of pressure, goes into full sarcasm mode, gets a mention from others, then flips the switch and makes the above post with a few vague reads.
Let's make it 4/6 posts that are vote-switching.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: notscience
Explain how those were vague. Maybe short, because we really have so few things to go off of. Oh, I forgot to give you a rating, if that's what you're talking about. I had you leaning scum, you seem to be shopping around leaving votes on various people you can fall back to if you fall under the slightest bit of pressure. Just saying, I never do well under pressure, however the sarcasm is new (and I'll attribute that to the hostility of this game, it's more hostile than any other game I've done and apparently this is light ;-;).
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Post by Amrun »

Aw fuck. Hookerpunch isn't scum.
Unvote

Notacience is surface making a lot of scum noise, but he also seems to not be reading very deeply, so perhaps it is just noise. Still, I do not object to this lynch.

Fuzzybutternut, while it is questionable if he thinks about much at all, is still reading town ish to me.

Vote: JKMathews

I really disliked his recent post/entrance. As much as I appreciate him for not saying anything horrendous, his post is a lot of IoA and does absolutely nothing to advance the game. He's active lurking and not allowing himself to be read.

VLA until Tuesday

Work related. This will be most weekends, fyi. I may pop in if I have the time but it's a big weekend.

Fyi to everyone: noob is not an insult and I never intended it as such. Saying I am more experienced is not having an ego. It is being factual. Anyone with eyes can see it. I am not saying I am some amazingly skilled player, but I have a LOT of games and experience. Somehow saying so and correcting people about serious gaffes in theory is condescending. Sorry if you think so but idc really. Know that I am not trying to insult or imply you're terrible or whatever.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
bubbajack8
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 2:59 am

Post by bubbajack8 »

In post 237, HookerPunch wrote: Amrun has completely avoided my notice, truthfully. That said, outside of his condescension on the noobs in the game, which is somewhat justifiable, since the noobs(myself included) have said some silly statements in this thread. His contributions have been solid, though, and without some more evidence, I don't support an Amrun lynch just yet.
You have got to be kidding me. You are blatantly avoiding Amrun, because "she's posted content" when in reality maybe 4 of her posts are actually content.

Earlier in you said You don't want to vote anyone fuzzy is voting. That seems like another excuse of straying away from Amrun.

You also said you are a noob, which would explain the distancing. Because in my eyes, you either don't want yourself involved in the bulk of the conversation, or you'd rather not lynch your scum bud.
In post 241, Amrun wrote:Aw fuck. Hookerpunch isn't scum.
Unvote

Spoiler:

In post 241, Amrun wrote:
Vote: JKMathews

I really disliked his recent post/entrance. As much as I appreciate him for not saying anything horrendous, his post is a lot of IoA and does absolutely nothing to advance the game. He's active lurking and not allowing himself to be read.

Spoiler:

You have got to be kidding.

From what I saw in this post. If you like Amrun, he'll like you back.

Why is IoA bad? Yes he had some in there, but he seems pretty town to me.

Anyone town to me, is scum to Amrun. (And I realize this is pretty hypocritical, but I fos Hooker, for distancing Amrun, and trying to completely avoid anysituation with him.)
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:13 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 234, marcmann2 wrote:And yet you would vote for the same person he is?
Does this somehow make him not scum? Since when can scum not bus their partner?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Why would scum bus a partner not under pressure?
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:20 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

So that, in the event their partner gets lynched later in the game, they can go back and say "hey, look, I voted for him here when I thought he was scum, but no one else did."
TL;DR: Town points.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:58 am

Post by HookerPunch »

I am actually curious as to why Amrun finds me less suspicious now. Like, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the unvote with no real justification for the change in opinion seems like a shaky attempt to buddy to me in case she flips scum.
Just a wraith.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 8:03 am

Post by notscience »

Bubba, explain to me how my reads on you, amrun, and fuzzy were vague. Fuzzy is understandable, but I don't like how he plays and I stated that repeatedly. You, I stated. Amrun, I stated.

JKM, you say I pulled those reads out of nowhere. You're wrong, AiF asked me for reads yesterday and I was providing them (I'll get the others today). Those reads came from ISOs, and in all reality you're mad I called you out for shopping around, so you have a back way out in case your current wagon fails. I find that scummy, yet I'm still not a huge fan of what HP said yesterday, it came off more like scum trying to communicate to me, but eh, that's just me.

Bubba, explain to me how
all
that from JKM even hints of content, when you yourself say content>amount. He's written essays, okay. He hasn't done anything excluding shop around for votes. He tries to discredit it saying reads change, but his reads change THAT fast, to the point where he can deduce someone is "scum" without even asking them anything?
bubbajack8
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 9:46 am

Post by bubbajack8 »

In post 246, HookerPunch wrote:I am actually curious as to why Amrun finds me less suspicious now. Like, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the unvote with no real justification for the change in opinion seems like a shaky attempt to buddy to me in case she flips scum.
I'm sold.

Amrun is 100 percent scum. What tactic he is using can be decided later. But I could see it being Amrun and Hooker.
In post 247, notscience wrote:Bubba, explain to me how my reads on you, amrun, and fuzzy were vague. Fuzzy is understandable, but I don't like how he plays and I stated that repeatedly. You, I stated. Amrun, I stated.
I meant to say you gave reads on me fuzzy and amrun, I think...
In post 247, notscience wrote: Bubba, explain to me how
all
that from JKM even hints of content, when you yourself say content>amount. He's written essays, okay. He hasn't done anything excluding shop around for votes. He tries to discredit it saying reads change, but his reads change THAT fast, to the point where he can deduce someone is "scum" without even asking them anything?
I will if I have time later today.

Mod V/la the weekend.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Fuzzy, even in that, you don't get rid of your scum buddy day 1. It's a numbers game and you don't do that. Plus, let's face it: Amrun would be the one sent to endgame in a Amrun/Bubbajack scum team. They aren't both scum. Now answer the question again: Why are voting with one of your scumspecs?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”