Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:14 am

Post by Mac »

actually I can understand you losing your temper if you felt you were repeating yourself, apologies for that.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:21 am

Post by ² »

In post 1531, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1521, ² wrote:Why is Varsoon town?
I'm literally too tired to explain another townread.

But I can urge you to join me on this:
Vote: AJ the Epic
I mucked around and skimmed a half dozen or so games in the meta pile a couple days ago. what I saw was that his play style is kinda scary because his not-town game looks pretty similar to his town game, and it's not like he's significantly dumbing down on the town side IMO.

but, to the extent I could discern a difference, it seems to be maybe lack of focus in terms of what he reacts to/presses on. he won at endgame as an arsonist in a recent game, which I thought was a hell of a game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=27065

I did not find a smoking gun this time. either I have missed something obvious or I just don't know what I am looking for.

- f
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:31 am

Post by ² »

In post 1549, Mac wrote:I don't understand why you were nearly losing your temper. like in pj you lost it at orc which I can understand cos he tunnels like shit but I'm not even a quarter as bad as him. please don't lose it however, I wouldn't like that.

p-edit that refute point is the first time I've seen you say it however that may just be me being a forgetful person.

tell me, does ffery have any strong scumreads she has listed in the thread?
I felt like I had been quite explicit about my situation with exams and that it was being overlooked by a lot of people, and then after I had explained myself you seemed to use it against me (again: my interpretation). More often than not when I do lose it, it's an active decision of mine, and I do weight in to whom I'm talking when making that decision. In other words, I'll try and stay calm with you.

I do trust that you didn't remember/see the refute point, as I don't think you would have quoted the post to which it was a response if you did remember.

I think she made a post about it, but TMT whom we agreed to vote, and possibly AJ (I don't quite understand what the deal is with AJ, but it's meta related and I'd rather not spend time reading other games right now).

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:35 am

Post by ² »

In post 1550, Mac wrote:actually I can understand you losing your temper if you felt you were repeating yourself, apologies for that.
Don't worry about it =)
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:37 am

Post by TheReverend »

vote - 2

Sheeping nacho here. I'm not sure I agree with him when he says varsoon is town, but I'm interested in varsoon if 2 and metal sonic are scum. That post vs me kinda felt like a chainsaw and bus all in one. Remember I said this if both 2 and metal flip scum.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:37 am

Post by ² »

Nacho, what's your take on TMT? He's not on your town-list and I think he looks bad.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:38 am

Post by ² »

In post 1554, TheReverend wrote:
vote - 2

Sheeping nacho here. I'm not sure I agree with him when he says varsoon is town, but I'm interested in varsoon if 2 and metal sonic are scum. That post vs me kinda felt like a chainsaw and bus all in one. Remember I said this if both 2 and metal flip scum.
Enjoy your sheeping-journey. I'm looking forward to the unvoting part of it.

- b
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:42 am

Post by Mac »

In post 1552, ² wrote:
In post 1549, Mac wrote:I don't understand why you were nearly losing your temper. like in pj you lost it at orc which I can understand cos he tunnels like shit but I'm not even a quarter as bad as him. please don't lose it however, I wouldn't like that.

p-edit that refute point is the first time I've seen you say it however that may just be me being a forgetful person.

I felt like I had been quite explicit about my situation with exams and that it was being overlooked by a lot of people, and then after I had explained myself you seemed to use it against me (again: my interpretation). More often than not when I do lose it, it's an active decision of mine, and I do weight in to whom I'm talking when making that decision. In other words, I'll try and stay calm with you.

I do trust that you didn't remember/see the refute point, as I don't think you would have quoted the post to which it was a response if you did remember.

I think she made a post about it, but TMT whom we agreed to vote, and possibly AJ (I don't quite understand what the deal is with AJ, but it's meta related and I'd rather not spend time reading other games right now).

- b
I see your situation wrt exams, I will consider that when posting in future, and I appreciate the efforts to stay calm. I think I'd like to here more from ffery about her reads. plus for her to point to any post where she has been confident about scum reads (i don't expect you to trawl back and dig this up, if it's there at all)

TMT is meh for me. I think AJ is far worse for scumminess.

@Reverend - Nacho is voting AJ.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:42 am

Post by Mac »

UNVOTE:
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Mac »

buldermar what is your take on Metal Sonic?
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:49 am

Post by ² »

In post 1557, Mac wrote:I see your situation wrt exams, I will consider that when posting in future, and I appreciate the efforts to stay calm. I think I'd like to here more from ffery about her reads. plus for her to point to any post where she has been confident about scum reads (i don't expect you to trawl back and dig this up, if it's there at all)

I'll look for you comments on AJ. may have questions. I'm basically willing to sheep Nacho and I think I speak for buldermar on that as well.

I'm frustrated that there's a meta element to this that I couldn't find.

- f
- f
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:50 am

Post by ² »

In post 1557, Mac wrote:
In post 1552, ² wrote:

- b
I see your situation wrt exams, I will consider that when posting in future, and I appreciate the efforts to stay calm. I think I'd like to here more from ffery about her reads. plus for her to point to any post where she has been confident about scum reads (i don't expect you to trawl back and dig this up, if it's there at all)

Thanks, I appreciate that. My last one is done in about two weeks, at which point I'll have plenty of time (and no excuses).

There is a reads list in post 966, but she can probably give you an updated one.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:51 am

Post by ² »

In post 1559, Mac wrote:buldermar what is your take on Metal Sonic?
I'll have a look at him now.

- b
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Mac »

In post 1560, ² wrote:
In post 1557, Mac wrote:I see your situation wrt exams, I will consider that when posting in future, and I appreciate the efforts to stay calm. I think I'd like to here more from ffery about her reads. plus for her to point to any post where she has been confident about scum reads (i don't expect you to trawl back and dig this up, if it's there at all)

I'll look for you comments on AJ. may have questions. I'm basically willing to sheep Nacho and I think I speak for buldermar on that as well.

- f
- f
yes fire away. Sheeping Nacho is fine, however I would still like indication of a post from you (as in a -f post) with strong scum reads on a player.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:54 am

Post by Mac »

In post 1561, ² wrote:
In post 1557, Mac wrote:
In post 1552, ² wrote:

- b

Thanks, I appreciate that. My last one is done in about two weeks, at which point I'll have plenty of time (and no excuses).

There is a reads list in post 966, but she can probably give you an updated one.

- b
argh all your (fferys) scumreads STILL don't feel strong in 966, they are all "leaning scum"

it's still a REALLY conservative attitude from ffery. she was scummy for this kinda thing in pj.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:56 am

Post by ² »

In post 757, Metal Sonic wrote:I skimmed the whole 700 page of wall

nacho town

freezerguy town

orc town

vassoon town

beautybeast town

mac town

tiphaine scum

sven troll
This post was made 15 minutes after saying he'd catch up with the last 30 pages.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:57 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1512, ² wrote:
In post 1451, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 1442, ² wrote:
In post 1401, TiphaineDeath wrote:12:17 A.M (I'll Iso Tiphaine)
12:18 A.M (Ok, I just isoed tiphaine)

Yeah, no.

vote metal sonic
I swear this guy is so scummy and you're all fucking retarded.

- b
I don't like TD either, but he has a point here. I've never fucking read something in ISO, understood what the author's trying to say and vote in under a minute.

Try it sometime.
I've done that countless times. If you're selectively looking for something it really isn't that difficult.

- b
Yes, but who reads an ISO looking for something specific except scum?

Bluntly, if I'm going in to reading something for Town, I don't go, 'hrr, let's see which of my Ghost approved town reads this pings' (and since a lot of my reads are behavioral, I need to actually read the
fucking
thread. A single turn of phrase won't do it for me).

Scum can sometimes stick out in a few posts, but I personally like to read the whole thing in case the whole thing turns schizophrenic for me. And it sometimes does. (Read my response to BROsideon for an example.)

No, I don't buy that he, under a minute, gave it a nice, thoughtful read and posted something like this. It's taken me three at least just to TYPE THIS.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:57 am

Post by ² »

In post 1388, Metal Sonic wrote:I'll give reasons after the posting dies down. 50 pages(1000+ posts) in 72 hours, please no its torturous
I don't like this sentence. How does giving reasons for all of your reads relate to the frequency of posting?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by ² »

In post 1560, ² wrote:

- f
- f
If he's certain about it, but first I want to hear him about TMTOL (and more recently Metal Sonic who also appears to look bad from this quick ISO).

- b
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 1491, RachMarie wrote:wow that is a ton of pages to catch up on....

Was gone a big chunk of yesterday and was falling asleep in the chair last night so decided to finish catching up today.

Welcome to the madhouse ... I mean the game, yeah the game... Rev.

Will look up games for Rev and Jon I think I have one completed with each and in both they were Town.
did you find NOTHING to comment on in the 24 hours since you posted? :/
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by ² »

In post 1566, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 1512, ² wrote:
In post 1451, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 1442, ² wrote:
In post 1401, TiphaineDeath wrote:12:17 A.M (I'll Iso Tiphaine)
12:18 A.M (Ok, I just isoed tiphaine)

Yeah, no.

vote metal sonic
I swear this guy is so scummy and you're all fucking retarded.

- b
I don't like TD either, but he has a point here. I've never fucking read something in ISO, understood what the author's trying to say and vote in under a minute.

Try it sometime.
I've done that countless times. If you're selectively looking for something it really isn't that difficult.

- b
Yes, but who reads an ISO looking for something specific except scum?

Bluntly, if I'm going in to reading something for Town, I don't go, 'hrr, let's see which of my Ghost approved town reads this pings' (and since a lot of my reads are behavioral, I need to actually read the
fucking
thread. A single turn of phrase won't do it for me).

Scum can sometimes stick out in a few posts, but I personally like to read the whole thing in case the whole thing turns schizophrenic for me. And it sometimes does. (Read my response to BROsideon for an example.)

No, I don't buy that he, under a minute, gave it a nice, thoughtful read and posted something like this. It's taken me three at least just to TYPE THIS.
That's a valid and good point, and he also made 8ish town reads and 1 scum read based on reading 30 pages in 15 minutes. I suppose there is merit to it being a tell (thank you Mac for asking me about him, I wouldn't have noticed this otherwise).

I read the thread quite quickly myself, but I skipped a lot of posts, didn't have many reads and still was probably a lot slower. I can't really wrap my head around reading 30 pages in 15 minutes AND making so many strong reads. I also can't wrap my head around his excuse for not giving reasons for those reads.

It's possible that he is pretending to have strong reads, or to have ISO'ed, even as town - but I do think it's less likely.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by ² »

In post 1569, Mac wrote:

Was gone a big chunk of yesterday and was falling asleep in the chair last night so decided to finish catching up today.

Will look up games for Rev and Jon I think I have one completed with each and in both they were Town.
did you find NOTHING to comment on in the 24 hours since you posted? :/
She commented on the many pages to catch up on ;)

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Post by ² »

In post 1564, Mac wrote:argh all your (fferys) scumreads STILL don't feel strong in 966, they are all "leaning scum"

it's still a REALLY conservative attitude from ffery. she was scummy for this kinda thing in pj.
I was 3rd party, but I was trying to help town - specifically Orcinus and buldermar because I had town reads on them. once I outed, I made no bones about it. my reads were genuinely tentative in that game. Having players that I trusted as town with highly conflicted reads on each other and on other players made the game hard to process.

I've had some of the same issues in this game, with the additional dissonance of being scum-read by some players whose reads I'd otherwise weigh pretty heavily with my own.

Other games have calmed down for now. I'm going to spend tonight pretty much exclusively reviewing this game.

- f
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Replace stupid with scummy, and this sums up my feelings.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”