Newbie 1378 - Game Over! (Town Wins)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

That does not seem like a good plan moose. If I went to three votes and then started scum hunting, wouldn't the response from either Radiant, Nul, or you moose, be that I was trying to divert attention? If anything, me calling anyone scum at that point would raise the question why did I ignore my own accusation and start finger pointing.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

Also Radiant, you may want to clarify that you are voting for me "Lucky2u" in case the Mod isn't as big a supernatural fan as us to know who you mean by Crowley.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

*facepalm*

Town should be only focused on scum-hunting, this isn't LYLO so town being lynched doesn't lose us the game, so you shouldn't be defending.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In other words your advice is that I should accept being lynched because the team will be fine without me. Thank you moose, that is comforting.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

No i said you should focus on helping the team instead of surviving for the team.

You scumhunting right now > you surviving to Night 1

You should see me in most of my games, when i defend it's minimal and has a lot of scum-hunting in with it.

Actually for reference, this is me in a newbie game, 3rd game on site (so from last year) and i was a cop.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=23029

I'm not focused on surviving EVEN THOUGH I AM A PR.

I am focused on finding scum, and so should everyone in this god damned town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Lucky, whenever I get voted up as town, my first step is to look to see who is probably scum on my wagon.

My next step is to go HAM to get them lynched.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:17 pm

So, assuming you're town, do you think Nul, Moose, or I are scum? If so, you should probably push us to get lynched instead.

If not, just look at and gauge reactions and see who is probably scum based on their reactions to your wagon.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

Quick question: What is HAM?

Also, I already OMGUS voted for Nul, and to be perfectly honest he is probably my highest town read, despite everything I've said. I voted for Jason before too, when he voted for me for having a light scum on him. That got us nowhere. Jason is too experienced to make an easy scum mistake, though he is suffering from the Pro vs. Noob frustration. By which I am referring to the phenomenon when a pro plays a noob and the pro gets thrown off by the noob not playing by pro player common sense and can't adjust. (That happens alot in poker and chess)

As for you... Judas. I read you slightly scum before but after the recent events. I don't think your scum either. Why? You me and Paradigm were the most likely to get a wagon started on them. I think you sensed that and threw onto me because it was easiest (Jason followed you happily). Your a townie who got scared that Jason was about to make a good case against you and switched to the person who you knew he'd accept as a subsitute.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 157, Lucky2u wrote: As for you... Judas. I read you slightly scum before but after the recent events. I don't think your scum either. Why? You me and Paradigm were the most likely to get a wagon started on them. I think you sensed that and threw onto me because it was easiest (Jason followed you happily). Your a townie who got scared that Jason was about to make a good case against you and switched to the person who you knew he'd accept as a subsitute.
OMFG ARE YOU SERIOUS?

YOU JUST NAME THE MOST SCUMMY THING AND CALL HIM TOWN FOR IT
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

er... am I giving him too much credit in intelligence?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:47 pm

I don't think that Crowley is scum either.

You're just a townie who is scared of getting lynched so you're going to passive aggressively lay the seeds for the lynch of another without having to put yourself behind the wagon, which would make you look scummy if I flipped town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:48 pm

er... am I giving him too much credit in intelligence?
He's a fucking moose.

Have you seen a moose's brain?
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

Actually I was talking to Moose, asking if I was giving you (Judas) too much credit.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 160, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think that Crowley is scum either.

You're just a townie who is scared of getting lynched so you're going to passive aggressively lay the seeds for the lynch of another without having to put yourself behind the wagon, which would make you look scummy if I flipped town.
Wait... what? I can't tell if I should laugh, be insulted, be complimented, or be confused. I am going with the latter.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

*starts beating both RC and lucky with an inflatable hammer*
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 164, JasonWazza wrote:*starts beating both RC and lucky with an inflatable hammer*
I think we broke moose.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Gotta put him on demon blood detox.
Nul
Nul
Goon
Nul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by Nul »

In post 135, Lucky2u wrote:We are so scattered in our votes right now that I think who ever we end up on, it's going to be more luck than anything. The odds are not in our favor and regardless of "tells", all current evidence against everyone is weak and circumstantial. Radiant is on Crazzy, Nul is on me, Jason is on Radiant, Paradigm is on Mastin, Ucrit is on Jason, I was on Nul, and two people aren't voting, one who is V/LA. It's all a mess right now and if you look at it visually we are all standing in a circle pointing in random directions. I know some of you are going to read this and chastise me again for "not contributing" or say that this doesn't help us, but I think it does. Seven town and two scum, with everyone so wildly different in their votes.
This means that whoever you are voting for, probably isn't scum.
So follow me down this thread for a second. With my vote removed, there are five people with votes on them. Me, Mastin, Radiant, Crazzy, and Jason. The people voting for those people can't ALL be right, but you could ALL be wrong. We have nine days left, which is good because we aren't even close. I'm putting myself back at square one and going to redo my reads, because something is wrong.
Why do you think that none of the people being voted on are scum? We're not voting randomly here, all the votes are based on people's reads and deductions. You don't take a position on anything at all in this entire game, just throwing around possibilities (maybe this, maybe that) and it is apparent you are trying not to rustle any feathers (shown by you going for easy lynches e.g. inactive players). Your post just seems to me like you are trying to lead the discussion away which in itself is scummy.

Of course I'm trying to fit into the crowd. That doesn't mean I'm scum. Something you and Nul don't seem to understand is that townies need to fit in or atleast appear innocent too or the other townies (who don't know whos who) will lynch them, with the scum cheering them on . Sadly my point will be illustrated best if you DO lynch me. Because then you will see I was right, townies do need to try to fit in, or they die.
Except the fact that you are more concerned with fitting in than actual scum hunting, just ISO yourself.

That does not seem like a good plan moose. If I went to three votes and then started scum hunting, wouldn't the response from either Radiant, Nul, or you moose, be that I was trying to divert attention? If anything, me calling anyone scum at that point would raise the question why did I ignore my own accusation and start finger pointing.
This post reinforces what I said before.
You are more concerned with trying to appear townie than scum hunting.

In post 157, Lucky2u wrote:Quick question: What is HAM?

Also, I already OMGUS voted for Nul, and to be perfectly honest he is probably my highest town read, despite everything I've said.
I voted for Jason before too, when he voted for me for having a light scum on him. That got us nowhere. Jason is too experienced to make an easy scum mistake, though he is suffering from the Pro vs. Noob frustration. By which I am referring to the phenomenon when a pro plays a noob and the pro gets thrown off by the noob not playing by pro player common sense and can't adjust. (That happens alot in poker and chess)

As for you... Judas. I read you slightly scum before but after the recent events. I don't think your scum either. Why? You me and Paradigm were the most likely to get a wagon started on them. I think you sensed that and threw onto me because it was easiest (Jason followed you happily). Your a townie who got scared that Jason was about to make a good case against you and switched to the person who you knew he'd accept as a subsitute.
Backpeddling, somehow I go from scum read to your strongest town read throughout the game. And your last paragraph, as others have pointed out, doesn't make sense. Smells like buddying and trying to not get on anyone's bad side.
Show
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
Nul
Nul
Goon
Nul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by Nul »

In post 136, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 133, Nul wrote: Jason has over 3000 posts and has played more mafia games than the amount of times you've engaged in sexual intercourse. You (someone who has played 1 game of mafia) claiming that Jason's "crazy aggressiveness" will cost us the game is hilarious.
I wish to be able to quote this on my wiki when the game is done (partially a note to self, partially asking nul if i can)
Go ahead. :cool:
Show
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?
Nul
Nul
Goon
Nul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 1:45 am

Post by Nul »

@Jason, who are your scum reads at the moment? What do you think about #58 when mastin removes his vote although Lucky was only at L-3? I feel like you've been throwing votes around and sitting back to watch things unfold, you don't really pursue any of the cases you made after you've voted.
Show
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 4:33 am

Post by mastin2 »

/back on page three.

Sorry to have been gone for four days, butyeah. Needed really, really badly to beat the sickness I had. Coulda killed me if I didn't get the bed-rest I did.
You guys are near the top of my priority list, soyeah. Will get to you after my modding stuff, since modding a game which has 24 playerslots (and a little more than that player-wise) and a co-mod is a liiiiiiiiiittle bit more important to me than a newbie with 8 other players and the mod (for 9 total). :P
Apologies. But I'll be getting to ya soon enough.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 170, mastin2 wrote:/back on page three.

Sorry to have been gone for four days, butyeah. Needed really, really badly to beat the sickness I had. Coulda killed me if I didn't get the bed-rest I did.
You guys are near the top of my priority list, soyeah. Will get to you after my modding stuff, since modding a game which has 24 playerslots (and a little more than that player-wise) and a co-mod is a liiiiiiiiiittle bit more important to me than a newbie with 8 other players and the mod (for 9 total). :P
I appreciate you checking in... but I kind of feel like a kid who's dad just said "I'll play with you in a second slugger, I just gotta finish this big boy's work first."
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 8:16 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 171, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 170, mastin2 wrote:/back on page three.

I appreciate you checking in... but I kind of feel like a kid who's dad just said "I'll play with you in a second slugger, I just gotta finish this big boy's work first."
More or less, yeah. :P

Sorry for that. When I left, though, I actually got much of a sense that you guys were largely not actually needing my teaching. You mostly seem to have grasped things already.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 8:19 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 63, uctriton00 wrote:Is this really a smart thing to do though; people who agree with you are automatically townie to you?
Dude, he parroted me before I got a chance to post my reasons. Really, the reason my post wasn't much longer is that Jason stole much of my thunder and made my points
before
I could. :P

That he was on the same wavelength as me so easily is why he's such a strong townread.

/is in a bit of a hurry, so I'm mostly going to be posting as I read along. Sorry. (Hectic life.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 8:28 am

Post by mastin2 »

Brief IC hat--
There's been a LOT of attacks (mainly from Lucky2u) aimed at the person...not the player.

You need to know the difference.

The person is a person. They have no alignment, because in real life good and bad are generally mixed together. :P

The player has an alignment. Town or scum, and it's your job to find it.
Attacking the person is not only bad practice (some mods even flat-out forbid it), but also detrimental to a town wincon, since you're eliciting a response which is identical from either alignment, and therefore cannot be read.

Attacking the player is what you want to do.[/IC]

Still, though,
FoS: Lucky2u
Somewhere on page 5, and still catching up.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”