Mini 1452 - Inevitable Mafia (Game Over)

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:18 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 473, roflcopter wrote:
unvote, vote: yates

it is also not too late for everyone to switch to yates
I'm cool with this if enough support gets behind it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 10:38 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

My thoughts on the last day. I'm ignoring TMT because I still think he's town.
Fuck. You're town, aren't you? I'm doubting that you can play well enough to fake the type of town vibe that I just got off that post.
Scum for how many pages and I changed your mind in twenty words, containing minimal game related content.

:|
Roflcopter is doing two things this game.
1) Pissing me off.
2) Oh wait, he's only pissing me off. He's literally done nothing else to contribute to anything. I've seen town-rofl and he's more competent than this.
Rofl has done plenty. Rofl is not getting lynched today and if I'm still alive tomorrow, Rofl is not getting lynched tomorrow.
Yates has dropped off the map. He's laying low. I don't trust it. Early contradictions keep him in my scum list.
I can actually get behind this, especially considering I have never liked Yates.
This TMT wagon is not great. TMT has played anti-town in all the ways I would expect noob-town to do so. He has done nothing inherently scummy or that can not be understood when looking at things from the mindset of someone new to the game of Mafia and on the town side of things
I'm glad you concur?
And hello trying to connect rofl and CooLDoG.
This is scummy as fk.
my townread on Rob
You had one?
This. Also, TMT should have been in my null pile due to the connection thingy with CoolDoG - I literally copy-pasted my old reads list from a few hundred posts back and then updated a few names that were noteworthy to make that post. Updating TMT was missed.
*facepalm*
Radiant: Read Rob's #451. It seems really town to me. Vig gorckat.
My entire townread on Hoopla just evaporated instantly.

Gorckat is my strongest townread in the game. Further, how does 451 look town to you at ALL?
You think Rob13 is dead set on my being scum and then all of a sudden heel face turns to "might be town" when he realizes a Radiant lynch won't happen?
No, if Rob13 flips scum, you better be next.
Uh - too bad? Deadline is TODAY. We need a lynch by midnight.
That was actually really really stupid by me.

No more quotes because this is getting too lengthy.

@469-472 great catches Rofl/Nhammen. I'm actually great with a Yates lynch at this point, because that would also leave it open as to who I plan to night kill.
If there isn't a role blocker, that would make it considerably harder for scum to set me up.

Also, Rob13's "I'm cool with this if enough support gets behind it." looks to me like he's trying to make sure that support doesn't get behind it, but leaves open the possibility of him busing his partner if enough does.

This is actually the best I've felt about any non-Rob lynch opportunities today and has solidified my townread on Roflcopter.

VOTE: Yates
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 11:06 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 473, roflcopter wrote:
unvote, vote: yates

it is also not too late for everyone to switch to yates
nope. we're not doing this.

i have him null-leaning scum, but he's in the possible hidden mason pile. we're still lynching/vigging off the original DCL wagon. we can sort everyone else out tomorrow.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 11:15 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 476, RadiantCowbells wrote:Gorckat is my strongest townread in the game. Further, how does 451 look town to you at ALL?
I've been reading him as town since I replaced in. On that post specifically, "final thoughts" posts usually seem pretty town to me, especially when it's as comprehensive as his was. His reads also match up well with my thoughts on the game, which isn't always perfect, but usually makes me more trusting given we're seeing the same things (or he isn't at least completely off on a different plane of thought).

It's beyond me how gorckat is your strongest townread. He's done jack to save the claimed mason, and hasn't posted too many critical things about the topic, when usually he's pretty insightful. His votes have been pretty lazy overall. Why do you have him as town, and not only that, but your strongest town read?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Hoopla »

Deadline is soon. Everyone pick between Cooldog or TMT ASAP. They're the only viable wagons with enough actual support.

(there is only one right answer here)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Rob14 »

Gorc on page 1 was town as fuck. Has he posted since then? If so, I don't remember. Nothing else left a strong impression. The first few pages had him strongly town for me, though.

Radiant, here's the difference between the two of us at the moment. You're tunneling - I'm not. The fact that I'm not tunneling does not mean that I'm scum. It means that my reads are evolving. And yes, the post that largely changed my opinion of you was not that game-related. It did have an undoubtedly town vibe to it, though. Sometimes it isn't what you say, but how you say it. Scum wouldn't have said what you did at that specific time in that specific manner, in my opinion.

I'm lazy when writing reads lists. I copy old ones and then move names around that have changed recently. I don't know why that was worth quoting and facepalming. What do you think is off about that?

@Hoopla - Seriously doubt Yates is the mason. I'm pretty sure I have the second mason pinned down, and it isn't Yates.

Radiant - That's classic end-of-day play. I'm not going to move my vote off a leading wagon for one with very few (one, right?) votes with a few hours to deadline. It wouldn't make any sense to do so. But, if it gains momentum, I'd happily lynch Yates. This is something I stated in my big ol' wall. I said I'd be fine with lynching any of the three on my scum-list. Right now, you're trying to fit evidence to a read, not fit a read to evidence. Sometimes, the square peg isn't meant to go in the circle hole even if you could force it in.

And yes, I'm stating connections between people because I think I'm going to be dead before Day 2. I'm essentially posting my game notes thus far. They're not going to be any use to me from the grave. You should be welcoming this regardless of what you think my alignment is, if you actually have a vig-shot and plan to kill me. If I'm town, you get some bonus perspective and help in the next day from a confirmed townie. If I'm scum, you get to analyze everything I've said for any hints. Regardless of what alignment you think I am, if I'm actually on "death row", so to speak, due to your vig power and several people thinking I'm scum for whatever nonsense reasoning, then you should be encouraging me to be as loud and vocal as possible regardless of what your read on me is.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Rob14 »

@Mod - We're going to need vote counts more than once every 2-3 days as deadlines approach. This is especially annoying because you were in thread last night but elected not to post a VC.

I'll go make an "unofficial" vote count when I have some time in a little bit.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 11:32 am

Post by roflcopter »

hoopla, your "we can only lynch this subset of people" stance is part of why i want to lynch yates
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 11:39 am

Post by Hoopla »

explain...
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 11:58 am

Post by roflcopter »

the people i'm suspicious of are all in your "we're arbitrarily not lynching (or vigging) these people" pool, which makes me suspicious of you trying to strongarm the town into not lynching them.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by Hoopla »

i wouldn't have gone to the effort of derailing the cooldog and DCL wagons if that were the case. i'm strongarming the town because they were almost too stupid to lynch a mason and/or force its buddy to claim.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I disagree with the above post. There was only one person other than myself majorly pushing the DCL claim, and that was CoolDoG. Others supported it early, but petered off before you got to the game, IIRC. Town is not overwhelmingly stupid in this game. There are a few choice people who I think are being dumb, but town hasn't been way below par this game like people such as Radiant and now Hoopla are suggesting. Stop using that logic in a vain attempt to get the town to follow your "superior" logic.

Having said that, it's presumably 3.5 hours to deadline and Yates doesn't have enough votes on him now for me to be comfortable that he'd be hammered by the time people get online. I'm going to go grab a vote count and get back to this in a sec.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Before I post this unofficial VC, let me preface it by saying it is NOT organized by the order in which people voted. I just looked through ISOs for the last vote and tallied them. Do NOT use this for wagon analysis to the level of detail of "X voted for Y 3rd, so they must be teh scumz!" (which is stupid logic anyway).

Yates:
Radiant, rofl
Cooldog:
ThAd, nhammen, Rob13
TMT:
DCL, jmo, Yates, Hoopla, gorc, BROseidon
DCL:
Cooldog

Not Voting: TMT

------

And now to hammer:
Vote: TMT

The fact that TMT posted a day before deadline when many people had stated that deadline was coming up is a giant red flag, which moves this from being an unsure compromise lynch for me to a slightly less unsure compromise lynch. I'm satisfied with this as a deadline lynch, though.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by Kitoari »

Votecount #6:
TMTOLBTWNTOF - BROseidon, jmo16mla, Yates, Hoopla, DCLXVI, gorckat, Rob13

DLCXVI - CooLDoG,
Yates - roftcopter, RadiantCowbells
CooLDoG - ThAdmiral, nhammen, Rob13,

Not voting - TMTOLBTWNTOF

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

(I will not make excuses for VC frequency, but there will be a daily votecount on Day 2. Thank you all for your patience.)

TMTOLBTWNTOF has been lynched! He was a
Townie.

Night 1 has begun. Please send in any relevant actions by May 31st.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Kitoari »

Flavor placeholder.

Rob13 has died in the night. He was a
Townie.

It is now Day 2. With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch. The deadline is June 15th.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:47 am

Post by gorckat »

In post 478, Hoopla wrote:His votes have been pretty lazy overall.
Just noticed this- fwiw, please note that per my previous posts, my wife had been in the hospital for an extended period. She was discharged Thursday, so I should be able to be a bit more useful going forward.

Left from the 'lynch the mason club' are myself, cooldog and thad. Of those, Thad gives me the most heebies.

Are we gonna hold DCL naming the partner until tomorrow?

What's the scoop Radiant?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:09 am

Post by jmo16mla »

So, uh. Shouldn't there have been two kills last night?
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:34 am

Post by BROseidon »

RC claim action pls.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:37 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 490, gorckat wrote:Left from the 'lynch the mason club' are myself, cooldog and thad. Of those, Thad gives me the most heebies.
Wait, I was against lynching the mason. And so were you to my memory?

There's been so many replace-outs I'm confused who's who now.

As far as the kills go radiant said she was killing rob so either mafia was blocked from killing or she is mafia.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Bah.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

I think we should place a hold on mass-claiming till we here what radiant has to say.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 495, DCLXVI wrote:I think we should place a hold on mass-claiming till we here what radiant has to say.
Agree with this.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by gorckat »

@Thad...meant on the dcl wagon, not nec. on him as mason. Sorry if misrep stance.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

got it
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Hoopla
Hoopla