Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 211, Elyse wrote:It wasn't odd because the discrepancy was about him. It actually makes sense for him to notice it.
It stood out as odd to me. And it still kind of does. Nul is firing my scumdar more and more as the game goes on.
The point of this comment is that you are saying KBW's arguments don't make sense, but is still town. I don't get that.
I feel like scum would probably be more careful to a degree, but mainly I'm seeing what people meant by him playing like a VI. For how much meta has already been used in this game people sure seem to only be using it very selectively.
That still doesn't make sense. You can't have both. If it's wrong, it's wrong.
An argument can be wrong but the logic can still make sense.
I'm not expecting you to find it, but considering you disregard KBW I was just trying to see if you could pick up on something.
I'm not picking up on anything. Clue me in if you figure out what you're basing this random accusation on?
Still haven't explained why it's odd. Just because you aren't used to it does not mean it is odd.
It makes it odd to me. "odd" doesn't intrinsically mean OMG THAT'S A SCUM TELL FOR SUREZ! It means it stands out as out of the ordinary to me, and might be scummy. I haven't played any games where players referenced meta as much as they have in this game. That's weird to me.
So what's the point of posting them? Only post your strong ones if the others don't have merit.
I like posting the sliding scale? It works for me, and helps me remember what's going on in the game more easily when I come back to it.
WHY ARE THEY SCUM?
Nul's selective use of meta is starting to really stand out to me. It's totally cool to go meta search when it will help make someone else look scummy, but not when it might make someone else look towny? That doesn't make sense to me.

Additionally harping on me for semantic arguments that apparently make me scummy (see: pushing a lynch vs asking for pressure) rubs me wrong as well. Especially because these semantics are based on not actually reading my posts/arguments.
As I've already said, people only have one vote. BY is a good vote. But I'm voting you. Am I scum?
And using Monkey's townread as something against Hoopla is...I can't even.
You're leaning slightly scum, yea. And I'm not saying that getting called town by another player inherently makes someone scum. But. It adds to my suspicion right now.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 212, Chevre wrote:I guess with the summer starting I just decided I wanted to try mafia again, so I signed up for a game. Of course, games don't start immediately, so as the playerlist filled up I tried to read games with them in it. 1426 took out a big chunk of people, and I tried to read enomis and mario and lugi's games, but they were partially destroyed by the site crash in 2011. So it was mostly fruitless. 1426 was really interesting though.
Okay, but which players have you read meta or or not read meta on?
I don't really like how you cut stuff from what I really said. In the original post, I follow the first sentence you quoted with "Personally I agree with Keybladewielder and think it depends on the player." For example, I read games with mario and lugi and Keybladewielder, so I believe their responses to pressure are a little less trustworthy. I hadn't read anything by you so I think your response to pressure is fair game. If you want to rationalize why I shouldn't do so, you can (I see that you do this in 181. Fair do). And my foremost reason for voting you was not how you responded to pressure, I said, "This is mostly gut right now." I can understand cutting irrelevant text, but here it looks like your taking out stuff to make your argument better.
I clipped the quote to make a point because I wasn't responding to everything you said, just those things. That's why I indicated that I clipped things with the (...)s.

So you're selectively using meta to make game decisions? Why not read more meta on other players here?

I like Chevre's demeanor, but being pleasant doesn't necessarily mean town... Definitely leaning away from scum as time goes on, though.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 218, Nul wrote:First of all, do you guys see the double L? He is voting "NULL" not "NUL". Second, look at his next statement; "I hate random voting". Everyone else in the thread was random voting, there was simply no reason for him to single me out. Additionally given the fact that Mario has language difficulties, it all sums up to be a "null vote". If anyone had trouble following this logic, please explain. @mod, you still have got it wrong in #205.
See, I read the "i hate random voting" as him implying he was joining the wagon that was on you at the time. That was the logical reason to single you out.

You can tell the difference in motivation by the way the phrase sounds. You quite clearly used "BS wagon" which as I said, sounds like pushing for a lynch. Pushing for votes sounds to me like asking for pressure.
I'm not talking about MY actions, but THEIR actions. When someone says "Jump on this wagon!" or "More votes here" or anything else like that, what is the difference between it being pushing a wagon and asking for pressure?

Yes. I think he was wagon pushing. I don't like pushing wagons. It makes me mad uncomfortable when players try to manipulate other players into voting with them.
In post 196, Chenoan wrote:
No, I am giving information. And I'm providing reasons form my information. I'm also not fence-sitting
"Random Elyse vs Mario tension is random. Either town v town or maybe forced distancing. I can't decide."
No information, nothing to back up and you're quite clearly fence-sitting. Read #73 by you, there was no real content created.
The information is that the tension seems out of the ordinary to me. So I pointed it out. Because it seemed like relevant, potentially alignment revealing, information.
You keep mentioning that Monkey isn't addressing the arguments on him, but that's all you say. Can you at least quote what he is not responding to? I don't feel like you are trying to scumhunt.
... Okay. Sure. But I already blatantly said I'm referring to the people who
voted for him
that he
didn't acknowledge
until I pointed out that he ignored them. And even then he only responded dismissively.
  • - I vote for Monkey, and give a reason.
  • - Zionite votes for Monkey, and gives a reason.
  • Monkey makes posts & .
  • - I point out Monkey is ignoring the votes.
  • - Monkey acknowledges votes on him by not acknowledging them and being very dismissive.
  • - I point out how absurd that is.
And that's it. Monkey still has not actually acknowledged it at all except to recently say that my reads are bad.

How is no one else seeing how scummy this is? What town motivation is there in ignoring cases on yourself regardless of if you agree with them?
Your questions are useless and lead no where in terms of scumhunting, ISO yourself and read #73.
I know what I posted... I posted it. Just because my Qs did not get the result I want doesn't mean I didn't try.
I have trouble understanding some of the logic you spew. "Easy lynch"? There was no solid case on you until now and there were 2 players who were on L-4 that already had cases pitched against them. Chevre's vote on you didn't even scratch the surface of your case, his reasoning was "gut". If you're going to use word play to try to misrepresent my case, I would recommend you being more subtle about it.
I'm not trying to misrep you, that's just how it looks from my end. I'm always the easy lynch. I should probably learn to separate my games better.
In post 198, Chenoan wrote:Also, Nul. Why didn't you respond to this? Does it weaken your case against me too much so you don't want to bring attention to it?
It's irrelevant. Jmo was claiming he "doesn't typically give out town reads" which could be proven false. You acting jumpy when being voted on in your meta can't be relied on even if I proved it to be false, because people's play styles changes. I suggest you give this a read: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Meta
If people's play styles change, then why is the jmo thing more reliable? You showed a couple games where jmo gave a town read, but one of them was lover's mafia and the context seems different than a normal "oh this player is town" read. So why are those two posts you linked relevant but other meta arguments not?
A "catch up" post should be a followup on your scumreads. I don't see you pursuing your vote on Monkey at all in your recent posts. It seems to me like you are more interested in defending yourself than actual scumhunting.
I was catching up with what had happened in the game that I had missed. And yes, I am defending myself. I like to respond to things that people say to/about me whenever I can. Is that a problem?
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 220, enomis wrote:You totally avoided my question. My question:"WHY IS TOWN V SCUM EXCLUDED". You saying that its either town v town or scum v scum means that you are sure that they are of the SAME ALIGNMENT.
It doesn't mean I'm SURE. It means that that is how that looks to me. If you read the statement I have more confidence in it being Town v Town than I do in it being distancing. But that's just because that's how I read it. Why are you harping on this? O_o I'm really confused as to why it's so significant to you.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 8:17 am

Post by Chenoan »

I was really liking ac's entrance. But then this:
In post 220, enomis wrote:Why the overreaction of saying you are found scummy in almost every game? The part about you saying blue yoshi is scummy could be read as a simple mistake and actually reflects well on you. So why do you feel the need to say you are found scummy in almost every game.
The overreaction is a really good point. Now I dunno how I feel on it.
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 10:10 am

Post by Keybladewielder »

Really not liking Blue Yoshi's replacement. He's being an idiot.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by Elyse »

Chen, why is Hoopla scum? And don't say because she said someone else's vote was good and did not vote for them because that is not even a reason.

Also, why am I scum?

Nearly all of your sentences are waffling and fence sitting, example:
"I like Chevre's demeanor, but being pleasant doesn't necessarily mean town... Definitely leaning away from scum as time goes on, though."

You can't take a stance on anything.
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by SoraAdvent »

What cost does it take to avenge someone's death?

Well, from what it looks like, a lot of angry discussion, psychoanalysis and all the stuff completely unrelated to criminal forensics.

Votecount 1.7

Voting Nul
-mario and lugi(L-6)
Voting MonkeyMan576
-Chenoan, jmo16mla, Keybladewielder(L-4)
Voting enomis
-MonkeyMan576, Doc Holliday(L-5)
Voting Chenoan
-Chevre, Nul, Elyse(L-4)
Voting Keybladewielder-
Hoopla, ac1983fan(L-5)
Voting ac1983fan-
Zionite, enomis(L-5)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Deadline is in eight days from now: June 7th, at my former post's(read first post) hour.

Keybladewielder is V/LA until Friday/Sunday.
Hoopla is on V/LA for 24-48 hours.

On another note, are you guys happy with my votecounts or do you want me to post more of them, add more stuff or whatever.
Zionite
Zionite
Goon
Zionite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Zionite »

Looking at the VC, I'd rather put more pressure on monkeyman to see what comes of it than to leave my vote on an unproven player.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: MonkeyMan576
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

In post 230, Keybladewielder wrote:Really not liking Blue Yoshi's replacement. He's being an idiot.
lol tnx
Not a dayvig.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by Elyse »

@Mod
Keep doing what you're doing :)
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 233, Zionite wrote:Looking at the VC, I'd rather put more pressure on monkeyman to see what comes of it than to leave my vote on an unproven player.
UNVOTE:
Loving this guy.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Chevre »

Mostly pleased by Zionite's answer to my question in 213. I think those are satisfactory reasons, but I'm a little puzzled that BY is the best vote when that same post suggests that mario and lugi is at least his third-highest town read, and him being a "strong town read" is part of the reasoning.

I've contemplated a lot in the past 24 hours or so about ac1983fan finding his predecessor scummy, and I've decided it's best to consider it as though any other player were voicing their suspicions. This isn't necessarily good for ac1983fan because I somewhat agreed with his (or Elyse's, rather) reasoning for suspecting Blue Yoshi. I also think the Keybladewielder vote he places is weak but we'll see what happens with his "in-depth" read.

enomis, sorry I missed your answer. It was because it wasn't explicitly addressed to me, but that is definitely my blame to take. Anyway, your reason mirrors Elyse's and Zionite's, so it makes sense.

Hoopla
, I admit I was disappointed when I saw you calling V/LA in 221. I want to hear more from you when you get back.
In post 226, Chenoan wrote:Okay, but which players have you read meta or or not read meta on?
I thought I answered this adequately, but if you mean since the game began, no one really. I would like to look at your past games to see if you are as jumpy as you claim and also Nul to see if he is this aggressive in town roles, scum roles, or across the board.
In post 226, Chenoan wrote:I clipped the quote to make a point because I wasn't responding to everything you said, just those things. That's why I indicated that I clipped things with the (...)s.
I took up issue with your clipping because I think the stuff you omitted helps to explain the accusations you made against the stuff you selected.
In post 226, Chenoan wrote:So you're selectively using meta to make game decisions? Why not read more meta on other players here?
I think you make an adequate point here. I've already stated I hope to check you and Nul out, is there anywhere else you think I should look? Also, you say Nul is "selectively using meta" as well. Could you explain that more, or point out where you have done that?

jmo16mla
, expound on 236.

My top three suspects are Chenoan, MonkeyMan576, and ac1983fan. Chenoan sure is putting a lot of effort to defend himself, and I'm somewhat satisfied with it, but Elyse and Nul's continued pressure makes me wonder if I'm going too easy. I'm going to vote MonkeyMan576 because 154 is just so out of the blue and unnecessary, and he hasn't really given us many reads. I would at least like more explanation for his apparent mario and lugi scumread (suggested in 191). My suspicion of ac1983fan is more an agreement of the reasons Zionite, Elyse, and enomis have pointed out--and ac1983fan agreeing with Elyse's read. I would be unlikely to vote him unless deadline was near and a wagon on him was more existent than ones on Chenoan and MonkeyMan576.

UNVOTE: Chenoan
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

He's voting for who I'm voting for. He obviously knows what hes doing.

Oh, I love you too.
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:19 pm

So isn't Monkey at L-1 now?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

L-2
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Monkey, what do you say ?
Nul
Nul
Goon
Nul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:37 pm

Post by Nul »

In post 227, Chenoan wrote:See, I read the "i hate random voting" as him implying he was joining the wagon that was on you at the time. That was the logical reason to single you out.
Everyone else was random voting, there is no reason for him to single me out. Your reasons don't make sense. You cannot argue the fact that he voted "NULL" not "NUL" unless your reading comprehension is that bad. Your case against me is really shaky, looks to me like an OMGUS suspicion.

In post 225, Chenoan wrote:Nul's selective use of meta is starting to really stand out to me. It's totally cool to go meta search when it will help make someone else look scummy, but not when it might make someone else look towny? That doesn't make sense to me.
Did you even read the link on Meta I posted? http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Meta

"Another potential flaw for metagaming is that after a single game, players will attempt to pick up on something notable their meta target did or did not do and associate it with their target's alignment when the target would actually do that regardless of whether they were Town or scum. This tends to lead to frustration after a player wins as scum by doing nothing out of the ordinary"

I can't use your meta of always being jumpy when being voted on because you could do that regardless of whether you are town or scum. The way you attack me with faulty reasoning is just absurd. The meta against Jmo worked because he actually claimed "I don't typically give out town reads" in a post, which could be proven as false and also used against him because it is something that stands out. Your meta of always overreacting to votes, as explained (if you would only read the article), cannot be used to help you because the potential flaw for metagaming is that players often do the same playstyle regardless of whether they are scum or not.

Your failure at researching your case properly and presenting nonsense to use against me shows, again, that you aren't really trying to scumhunt.

In post 227, Chenoan wrote:The information is that the tension seems out of the ordinary to me. So I pointed it out. Because it seemed like relevant, potentially alignment revealing, information.
You did not explain why it was out of the ordinary, you did not explain why the tension was random, you did not even have a conclusion as to what the point was of pointing it out. Fence-sitting and completely useless jibberish.

In post 227, Chenoan wrote:If people's play styles change, then why is the jmo thing more reliable? You showed a couple games where jmo gave a town read, but one of them was lover's mafia and the context seems different than a normal "oh this player is town" read. So why are those two posts you linked relevant but other meta arguments not?
Please read what I wrote above.

In post 227, Chenoan wrote:I was catching up with what had happened in the game that I had missed. And yes, I am defending myself. I like to respond to things that people say to/about me whenever I can. Is that a problem?
Yes it is a problem, when you're more involved in defending yourself than actual scum hunting. I don't feeling like you are acting pro-town, you're more concerned with staying out of suspicion than catching scum. The way you leap to defend yourself with logic that doesn't make sense is incredibly scummy. Can you read your posts to yourself before posting them? Because a lot of it does not make sense e.g. you misrepping me then saying "I'm not trying to misrep you", the meta you keep going on about, calling me odd for noticing an extra L in my own username, etc.

In post 229, Chenoan wrote:The overreaction is a really good point. Now I dunno how I feel on it.
Please stop presenting illusionary content. You're not contributing to town at all with your "maybe this, maybe that, I don't know". All you're doing is leading discussion the wrong way as you don't even write a basis for most of the things you say.

In post 227, Chenoan wrote:... Okay. Sure. But I already blatantly said I'm referring to the people who voted for him that he didn't acknowledge until I pointed out that he ignored them. And even then he only responded dismissively.
73 - I vote for Monkey, and give a reason.
76 - Zionite votes for Monkey, and gives a reason.
Monkey makes posts 97 & 99.
102 - I point out Monkey is ignoring the votes.
103 - Monkey acknowledges votes on him by not acknowledging them and being very dismissive.
129 - I point out how absurd that is.
Your first vote for Monkey and the reasoning behind it was illogical as I've explained over and over again. Asking for votes and "pushing a BS wagon" are two completely different things. Note how at the start of the game Hoopla was asking for more votes on me (), this is the same thing as what Monkey was doing. They were just asking for more votes for pressure. The fact that you misrepped Monkey's push for votes as "pushing a BS wagon" just reiterates that your cases are nonsensical, you're using poor reasoning and you're not trying to scumhunt. I'm not trying to defend Monkey, I just find that scums generally use poor reasoning to support their votes because they're actually not trying to scumhunt.

The way you extensively fence-sit on two stances and the lack of a clear hypothesis on all of your posts just reminds me of an artificial shell trying to emulate the thoughts of a townie. There are many games where townies ignore arguments that they don't find reasonable or logical e.g. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p2088014 please stop using this as a sole reasoning for a scumread, it just shows a lack of effort on your part.
Show
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
Nul
Nul
Goon
Nul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Post by Nul »

I don't feel* like you are acting pro-town, not feeling
Show
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?
Nul
Nul
Goon
Nul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Post by Nul »

Additionally harping on me for semantic arguments that apparently make me scummy (see: pushing a lynch vs asking for pressure) rubs me wrong as well. Especially because these semantics are based
on not actually reading my posts/arguments.
It makes you scummy because you are misrepresenting Monkey's intention of asking for votes into "pushing a BS wagon". Read my post above about the same thing that Hoopla did. This seems to me as scummy because I believe in the scumtell that scums like to use wordplay, faulty logic, etc to vote people, this is because they aren't trying to scumhunt but more trying to find things out of the ordinary and magnify the issue.

What do you mean it's based on not actually reading your post/arguments? I have read all your posts and your argument which in post #73 clearly says that you voted him because he was "pushing a BS wagon". That's your whole argument at the start. Afterwards, your reasoning changes to "not addressing arguments", which is again explained in my post above. I'm using this as a scumtell because poor reasoning supporting a case is anti-town.
Show
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

As far as I know, I've addressed the arguments against me. They are BS. I don't feel the need to address them again unless something new came up that I don't know about.
mario and lugi
mario and lugi
Goon
mario and lugi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 3:46 am

Post by mario and lugi »

@ zionite i do think monkey man is scum so lynch his ass :) i have been reading tall post while i have been busy and all of them pponits to him being scum poseing as town.
power seldom makes a man who he is ? but what he decides to do with that power decides what kinda of man he will become.
Zionite
Zionite
Goon
Zionite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Zionite »

The reason I ask is because you're not voting him.
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by SoraAdvent »

Slow days, fast days. What's the difference anyway, unless you make the most of what time you have?

Votecount 1.8

Voting Nul
-mario and lugi(L-6)
Voting MonkeyMan576
-Chenoan, jmo16mla, Keybladewielder, Zionite, Chevre(L-2)
Voting enomis
-MonkeyMan576, Doc Holliday(L-5)
Voting Chenoan
-Nul, Elyse(L-5)
Voting Keybladewielder-
Hoopla, ac1983fan(L-5)
Voting ac1983fan-
enomis(L-6)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Deadline is in seven days from now: June 7th, at my former post's(read first post) hour.

Keybladewielder is V/LA until Friday/Sunday.
Hoopla is on V/LA for 24-48 hours.

Doc Holliday has not posted in 72 hours: I will prod him.
Zionite
Zionite
Goon
Zionite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by Zionite »

*yawn*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”