fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:45 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 298, Zachrulez wrote:I do think the content of Whimsey's one post is worth lynching for.

But I'd be happy to see ffrey or pjovek lynched as well. Them be my scumreads.
If you lynch me and I flip town, what will that do to your pjovek read?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:46 am

Post by Tierce »

And what magnificent info would we get out of D1 from that Whimsical Eggplant lynch, Zach, other than vague wagon analysis?

Yeah,
nada
. Because the slot hasn't had the chance to interact with anyone. The game started not 72 hours ago. Settle down.

...you only have to meta a couple of games to see that I'm ridiculously obvTown, Zach. Go do that. I'll even tell you that my best scum game ever was my latest one--short as it was--and that it's CES's Doctor Who micro. I'm bleeding Town all over the thread.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:47 am

Post by fferyllt »

obvtown is in the eye of the beholder, unfortunately.

Idic
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:50 am

Post by Tierce »

And unfortunately you still don't give a toss about me or try to figure me out.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:51 am

Post by Tierce »

I mean, for crying out loud,
Zdenek
is trying to figure out what I'm doing. Why don't you care at all when I'm voting
you
?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:54 am

Post by fferyllt »

Is that addressed to me?

If so, why do you think that?

Right now, I have a handful of unsupported votes on me. When you tell me why you think I'm scum I'll respond to that.

Idic
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 301, Tierce wrote:And what magnificent info would we get out of D1 from that Whimsical Eggplant lynch, Zach, other than vague wagon analysis?
You'll come to find that the allure of what kind of "information" a lynch yields isn't highly valued by me. My priority is to find scummy players and lynch them for it, get scum flip, rinse, repeat, ect.
In post 301, Tierce wrote:Yeah,
nada
. Because the slot hasn't had the chance to interact with anyone. The game started not 72 hours ago. Settle down.
I haven't said I'm unwilling to hear a replacement out.
Or at least to pretend I'm willing...

In post 301, Tierce wrote:...you only have to meta a couple of games to see that I'm ridiculously obvTown, Zach. Go do that. I'll even tell you that my best scum game ever was my latest one--short as it was--and that it's CES's Doctor Who micro. I'm bleeding Town all over the thread.
I'm trying to remember if you actually asked me to do this in Khan mafia.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 300, fferyllt wrote:
In post 298, Zachrulez wrote:I do think the content of Whimsey's one post is worth lynching for.

The basis of my read isn't based entirely on a link. If you flipped town I would still find pjovek scummy.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 307, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 300, fferyllt wrote:

The basis of my read isn't based entirely on a link. If you flipped town I would still find pjovek scummy.
I hope you'll take my reads into account when I eventually flip. There are a lot of players I am unfamiliar with in this game. The ones I know, my reads may be useful to town.

Idic
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So do you think my read of pjovek is wrong? I'm not really sure what you think about anyone else in the game other than whimsey and that's why I don't have a good feeling about you.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:04 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 305, fferyllt wrote:Is that addressed to me?

Right now, I have a handful of unsupported votes on me. When you tell me why you think I'm scum I'll respond to that.
But you're not even remotely interested in those votes or the fact that they are unexplained. It's mind-boggling. You just don't care, and that doesn't seem natural.

Syryana--I'd like your input here.
In post 306, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 301, Tierce wrote:And what magnificent info would we get out of D1 from that Whimsical Eggplant lynch, Zach, other than vague wagon analysis?
You'll come to find that the allure of what kind of "information" a lynch yields isn't highly valued by me. My priority is to find scummy players and lynch them for it, get scum flip, rinse, repeat, ect.
In post 301, Tierce wrote:...you only have to meta a couple of games to see that I'm ridiculously obvTown, Zach. Go do that. I'll even tell you that my best scum game ever was my latest one--short as it was--and that it's CES's Doctor Who micro. I'm bleeding Town all over the thread.
Well of course, lynching scum is better than anything else. But you're telling me that your best lead in a game with 13 pages is a single post by a player who is likely to flake? Come on.

And checking it just now actually shows I never used the word "meta" in that game.
Oops.
But yes, I've asked people to go meta me in scum games, because it'd be stupid not to try and mimic behavior I know I have as scum. But honestly, my playstyles are still very far from each other as Town and as scum. I was scum three times in sequence after not being scum since
November
. Go look at that stuff, go look at my Town games. There's fresh meta everywhere and there's no reason for you to have any sort of doubt about me because I definitely think I'm one of the most obvious players on the site.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:10 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 309, Zachrulez wrote:So do you think my read of pjovek is wrong? I'm not really sure what you think about anyone else in the game other than whimsey and that's why I don't have a good feeling about you.
Then, I guess you haven't iso'd me. I agreed with the town part of Syr's first readslist. I added mrbungle and pjovik to probtown.

Good scum reads usually take time for me to develop unless someone I have a lot of meta on draws a scum role.

I feel like my bandwagon is probably mostly town-driven atm.

Idic
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Tierce »

Let's start with the easy part: explain your Townreads.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:17 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 310, Tierce wrote:
In post 305, fferyllt wrote:Is that addressed to me?

But you're not even remotely interested in those votes or the fact that they are unexplained. It's mind-boggling. You just don't care, and that doesn't seem natural.

Syryana--I'd like your input here.
I'm quite interested in the votes and am avidly watching how my wagon develops.

Idic
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 310, Tierce wrote:
In post 306, Zachrulez wrote:
Well of course, lynching scum is better than anything else. But you're telling me that your best lead in a game with 13 pages is a single post by a player who is likely to flake? Come on.
One really bad post though. I'm not going to really categorize it as my best lead mostly because I like the idea of lynching the previously mentioned scumreads and I don't really care what order they die in. All this is subject to change based on developments of the game. See disclaimer: This is my position as of these 5 minutes.
In post 310, Tierce wrote:And checking it just now actually shows I never used the word "meta" in that game.
Oops.
But yes, I've asked people to go meta me in scum games, because it'd be stupid not to try and mimic behavior I know I have as scum. But honestly, my playstyles are still very far from each other as Town and as scum. I was scum three times in sequence after not being scum since
November
. Go look at that stuff, go look at my Town games. There's fresh meta everywhere and there's no reason for you to have any sort of doubt about me because I definitely think I'm one of the most obvious players on the site.
I don't really have the time to go into an extensive metagame analysis and I find meta borne from my personal experience to be more powerful and reliable to me anyway.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 312, Tierce wrote:Let's start with the easy part: explain your Townreads.
Syr looks town to me. Of his town reads, I feel like I have enough read of my own to agree that you are town and I'm trusting that he can townread the others.

Based on the one completed game that mrbungles and I have played, I have him leaning town. He replaced late into day 1 and had 100+ posts of mine to evaluate. Even so, iirc he came up with a weak town read. In this game, with a handful of posts to evaluate, I am not at all surprised that he was reading me as scum.

Pjovik is mostly gut, but I feel pretty good about him being town.

Matt5 is null. He and I are in two ongoing games, but since I'm part of a hydra in both of them I doubt I made much of an impression. I thought at first that his vote on me was gambit, but I've changed my mind. I think he'd seriously like to see me lynched, whatever his alignment.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:30 am

Post by fferyllt »

Forgot zdnek. There's a tinge of paranoia to his posts that I associate with town, so that's where I am leaning atm.

Idic
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Tierce »

That was not an explanation of Townreads. There's no reasoning evident in any of them except Zdenek. For someone who is slow and deliberate on D1, I would expect to have considerably more on your reads than you appear to have.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:37 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 317, Tierce wrote:That was not an explanation of Townreads. There's no reasoning evident in any of them except Zdenek. For someone who is slow and deliberate on D1, I would expect to have considerably more on your reads than you appear to have.
heh. I'm multitasking atm. I thought you wanted a quick answer.

I'll write up something more detailed after my conference call wraps up. However, I'm not much for walls, so more detail is a relative term.

Idic
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:39 am

Post by enomis »

In post 185, Zachrulez wrote:To be fair, my vote on Pjovek is starting to look silly now given how early it was in the game and how much as happened then, coupled with the fact that I've lost some interest in it.
Zach remind me. I thought you thought your vote on Pjovek look silly and you lost interest in it?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:40 am

Post by enomis »

The above post is referenced to this:
One really bad post though. I'm not going to really categorize it as my best lead mostly because I like the idea of lynching the previously mentioned scumreads and I don't really care what order they die in. All this is subject to change based on developments of the game. See disclaimer: This is my position as of these 5 minutes.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 319, enomis wrote:
In post 185, Zachrulez wrote:To be fair, my vote on Pjovek is starting to look silly now given how early it was in the game and how much as happened then, coupled with the fact that I've lost some interest in it.
Zach remind me. I thought you thought your vote on Pjovek look silly and you lost interest in it?
I did, and then some subsequent posts and positions from him got me interested again.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:06 am

Post by enomis »

In post 248, Zachrulez wrote:I guess Pjovek can't even wait until Sword fails to post following his V/LA to call him lurker scum.

By fails, I mean like, we get to tommorow/Wednesday and he still hasn't posted.
This?

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Zachrulez »

and the attempt to minimize the impact of spam on the game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 am

Post by fferyllt »

Pjovik is not the person with the most posts in the thread. I think the spam complaints are a little overblown.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... rt_order=d

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”